Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Time for the weekly PS4 thread Nintendo Switch derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well the game shouldn't run better undocked, period. But pretty sure it did run better on the wii-u in many situations. There are tons of breakdowns online. Regardless, the difference is negligible and that is still sad.

Yes, hardware absolutely shouldn't run better when it's rendering at a lower resolution that's just loving silly :rolleyes:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

Is it worse than the daily anime derail though???

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not designed for single player at all so I dunno why they let you.

Fair enough, will have to see if I can rope one of my friends into playing it then. All I know is that in my test drive I felt constantly overwhelmed and kind of stressed out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's a shame it's local play only. I played it with a buddy and it was actually really fun but he's the only person I know irl that likes video games and lives in the same state as me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did they push out a new system update or am i now being forced to install that lovely one from like 2 weeks ago

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

we can talk about how pumped we are for Wipeout

dude loving racing in 4k on my big screen music blasting gonna be dopeeeeeeeeee

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

we can talk about how pumped we are for Wipeout

dude loving racing in 4k on my big screen music blasting gonna be dopeeeeeeeeee
Any idea if it will have PSVR support?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

It's a shame it's local play only. I played it with a buddy and it was actually really fun but he's the only person I know irl that likes video games and lives in the same state as me.

When I was in high school and college all my friends played games to an extent. Now I know exactly three people in town who love games as much as I do but they all live with their SO's like I do and we have to schedule "game time" to hang out and play games and all my old friends live across the country and we still do play games when we get together but it's rare. Being an adult and into local-play style games sucks. I can play as many games as I want with my wife but only if I want to play Lego games ._.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nier automata is my game of the year so far.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into persona 5. Currently in the 1st dungeon. third safe room, Out of SP. I do have 1 soma but i'm hesitant to use it. Persona 4 taught me to finish dungeons in 1 day,
Is it feasible for me to finish this dungeon without SP? Also the negotiating is fun but hard.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Any idea if it will have PSVR support?

That's a good question and I was thinking of asking the same. Dirt of all games had it, just seemed a bit random to tack that on well after its released. It has been well received though from everything I've read

Also curious if they'll add it for Dirt 4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sefal posted:

Nier automata is my game of the year so far.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into persona 5. Currently in the 1st dungeon. third safe room, Out of SP. I do have 1 soma but i'm hesitant to use it. Persona 4 taught me to finish dungeons in 1 day,
Is it feasible for me to finish this dungeon without SP? Also the negotiating is fun but hard.

It's way less feasible to finish a dungeon in one day in P5, especially the first two. In fact there's a mechanic that means it's impossible, so never leave it until the last minute. It is still possible to find the treasure in one go but it's tough.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

It's way less feasible to finish a dungeon in one day in P5, especially the first two. In fact there's a mechanic that means it's impossible, so never leave it until the last minute. It is still possible to find the treasure in one go but it's tough.

Alright, Going to try to get a bit further in before calling it a day tonight.

Edit:

bloodychill posted:

When I was in high school and college all my friends played games to an extent. Now I know exactly three people in town who love games as much as I do but they all live with their SO's like I do and we have to schedule "game time" to hang out and play games and all my old friends live across the country and we still do play games when we get together but it's rare. Being an adult and into local-play style games sucks. I can play as many games as I want with my wife but only if I want to play Lego games ._.

I now play co op games with my brother. All of my friends who like video games all play different genres. Though the friend who I went on a trip with has decided to pick up a fighting game, just so he can beat the people in the arcades (he got his rear end kicked in the arcades) We are now playing Blazblue a lot

Sefal fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 21, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once you start your new dad's social link you can brew coffee and that makes regaining SP a lot easier. That's not until after the first dungeon though.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
SP regain mechanic spoiler: Leveling the doctor gives you QN accessory that regens 7sp every single round. It trivialises the dungeon sections.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Couch co op is great when the opportunity presents itself, but there are so many factors involved, making a local a local only MP game in Tylool 2017 is moronic.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thank you guys,
Good to know info.

Went to the dungeon on my 1st free day. Hope I can pull it off in 2 days

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you ever feel tight on cash at the start you can sell that free Soma for 50000 yen. Money shouldn't be a problem later and it's an amazing item but the possibility is there.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
I'm playing Digimonstory Cybersleuth and I'm noticing that my digimon can't die in battle. He's at 1 health, and he keeps getting attacked, but he never dies. Is this normal?

edit: Oh, it's a tutorial. Nevermind.

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 21, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The thing is, it seems like most people seem to think the combat in Nier: automata isn't that great but let's not forget, the original was even more boring and bland.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Anything but ludology discussion.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pocket Billiards posted:

Anything but ludology discussion.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just got the last of the main endings in Nier. All the complaints about the combat are true (which is to say it's the worst Platinum has done but that isn't saying much) but the game wins on consistency of style and theme. I have a list of the gag endings and am wondering which if any of them I want to pursue. Most of them are just "some enemy you need to beat is right in front of you but choose to walk away instead" which seems pretty boring.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Automata's combat is definitely not worse than Ninja Turtles.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Automata's combat is definitely not worse than Ninja Turtles.
Yeah I guess I never played Ninja Turtles or the Korra game. I guess besides there being ten thousand different ways to keep your health topped off at all times, there is almost no penalty for just mashing R2.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 21, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The weakest part of Nier's combat it's that there's tons of options and different abilities in the chips but there's no reason to use any of them because you can just mash dodge the whole time. Raising the difficulty doesn't help because it just makes you die quicker if you don't mash dodge.
And Very Hard is just a joke settings.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Transformers had better combat than Nier.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well yeah, because Transformers had good combat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The true final boss credits for Square-Enix was legit hard though. R2 doesn't help with that.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The Sony Cycle

Should I buy a PRO? > Whats the goon recommended tv? > FPS chat > Bloodborne chat > what are the good exclusives? > Ludo-narrative dissonance > Knack gifs > OMFG PS+ games are garbage, sony is loving us again > indie game sale > Anime chat > videogames are bad > actually videogames are good > other console chat > PC comparisons > should I buy a pro (repeat)...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You forgot Switch talk. Oh I guess it's on there but the switch talk gets pretty specific here

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I don't dislike the combat in Nier but it feels oddly simplistic after having just replayed Bayonetta

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Had a 1 hour meeting talking about how to play a game. Covering the basics.

1 hour

The basics

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

homeless snail posted:

SNK/Neo Geo games currently exclusive to PS4 in this generation:

ADK Damashii (compilation with Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Ninja Master's, and Twinkle Star Sprites)
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2 (compilation with Real Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers)
Fu'un Super Combo
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters XIV
Last Blade 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Neo Turf Masters
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown VI
World Heroes

SNK/Neo Geo games currently exclusive to Switch in this generation:

Blazing Star
Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors
King of Fighters '98
Over Top
Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge
Shock Troopers
Waky Waku 7
World Heroes Perfect

SNK/Neo Geo games currently exclusive to XBox One in this generation:
Fatal Fury 2
King of Fighters '95

Finally definitive proof that both the PS4 and Switch are equally awesome. Bolded titles are potential GOATs for their genre.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Well yeah, because Transformers had good combat.

It wasn't bad I guess. That sums up pretty much the whole game for me though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Even with Platinum at the helm I don't know why anyone expected quickly made $14.99 budget games from Activision to be good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Transformers and Turtles were $50 lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok fam im going to buy a new game. I want to be a manly dude, customization, get money and buy crap, pretty ladys.

Persona 5 or Yakuza 0

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'd rather have the LND uncharted discussion for a hundred pages than ever go through 'pants' chat in the 3DS thread ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Transformers and Turtles were $50 lol

That is hilariously hosed up because they were made with the same constraints as their budget Korra game. I mean I know why they chose to price TMNT and Transformers higher but LMAO people got suckered for real.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ok fam im going to buy a new game. I want to be a manly dude, customization, get money and buy crap, pretty ladys.

Persona 5 or Yakuza 0

Yakuza 0 is amazingly badassed in every way and you should get it instead of Persona 5.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 21, 2017