Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ossoff literally did worse than a made up person and i won't ever stop laughing at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

It's nice that despite our political differences with John McCain we can appreciate this montage of his piloting mastery during this difficult time

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

ossoff literally did worse than a made up person and i won't ever stop laughing at that

*dccc and wall st put on thinking cap*

lets make up pro-wall st candidates!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

corbyn's success really did utterly break people. like goddamn.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

also reminder they saw ossoff do worse than hillary after enormous amounts of money was dumped into that race, meanwhile nobodies with no extra cash did 15-20 points better than hillary

they saw that and doubled down

they literally cannot see the world any other way

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

also reminder they saw ossoff do worse than hillary after enormous amounts of money was dumped into that race, meanwhile nobodies with no extra cash did 15-20 points better than hillary

they saw that and doubled down

If were extremly lucky they'll focus their meddling on like 3 lovely candidates somewhere so a bunch of good canidates can run unseen and unnoticed by the much more competent RCCC

BRYCE!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Scent of Worf posted:

thanks i needed this after looking into the democrats D&D thread

fulchrum and JC need a nice heavy dose of forums cancer

lol they'll never get it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

oh you loving cretins

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only good thing the tea party ever did was slaughter the blue dogs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Matt Zerella posted:

honestly might have to bet my savings account on them losing seats in 2018.

you'll lose it either way so why not 🍀🎲🎲

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Is it happening? Are we seeing the setup for Kaine 2020??

trumpmentum gonna be unstoppable, more blood for the blood god

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
clearly marginal seats in PA and WI require robust pro-finance candidates

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best hope for the DCCC ironically is it's lovely limp nature prevents it from affecting primaries that much :shrug:

Progressive candidates are working their rear end off around the country. They are our only hope at this point p much

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hello fellow democrats, have i got the slogan for you!

Blue Dogs for Blue Lives

Thank you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

honestly I think it's becoming more and more likely that the Democrats absorb disaffected "moderate" Republicans and shift even further towards the right, and the lefty faction of the Democrats break off to form a new party

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol if you're too stupid/naive to think "innovative k-12" doesn't mean privatization

Has everybody read "Listen Liberal" already? It should be required reading for posting in the SACRED ZONE

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

honestly I think it's becoming more and more likely that the Democrats absorb disaffected "moderate" Republicans and shift even further towards the right, and the lefty faction of the Democrats break off to form a new party

except these people do not exist in amounts to remain viable or will just vote republican

e: and it'd never work because they'd have to drop some social issues to attract those people at which point the whole thing just collapses

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we need to figure out how to win elections

GET ME CHARLIE CRIST!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lessail posted:

Hello fellow democrats, have i got the slogan for you!

Blue Dogs for Blue Lives

Thank you.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i definitely think we're in for a three party system

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it'll be three party for exactly one presidential election when everyone discovers how stupid and complex throwing the election to the house is

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stupid and complex, you say?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it'll be three party for exactly one presidential election when everyone discovers how stupid and complex throwing the election to the house is

yeah we're gonna get a bull moose thing happening, briefly

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the idea of throwing an election to the house gives me loving hives

a smoke filled room that smells like burning hair and is full of hooting abnormals

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
imagine louie gohmert getting to select the president

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
tormp

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The most hilarious stupidity in our presidential election rules is that if it goes to the House, each state gets one vote. Greg Gianforte alone has the same voting power as the entire California delegation.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

paranoid randroid posted:

imagine louie gohmert getting to select the president

you know how awful louie gohmert is?

wisconsin recently elected glenn grothman to the House

click that link

go ahead

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/888226189935919104

coming soon to the young turks youtube channel: Why We Must Save Our Fascist President From Impeachment By the BadDems

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
holy poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this guys on the house education committee and doesnt believe in kindergarten

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

extremely worried that school teachers will talk children into becoming gay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also hes a raw milk and vapes guy, of course

lmao jesus christ yall

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

grothman was in-loving-famous for decades in wisconsin politics because he would constantly say the stupidest and most offensive poo poo while being continually re-elected to the state legislature

I was shocked that he actually won national election but, y'know

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i'm usually weary of the 'homophobe is secretly gay' thing but thinking you can be persuaded to be gay only makes sense if he's in the closet and assumes all straight men are attracted to each other and are only straight because they resist their sinful, filthy urges

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so yeah imagine throwing an election to the house and giving grothman and gohmert a roughly 1/200th share in deciding the president

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I think it's easier to truly hate gay people if you yourself are closeted.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i'm usually weary of the 'homophobe is secretly gay' thing but thinking you can be persuaded to be gay only makes sense if he's in the closet and assumes all straight men are attracted to each other and are only straight because they resist their sinful, filthy urges

yknow I hate that I had this thought too but I did notice he is a lifelong bachelor in his profile

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

yknow I hate that I had this thought too but I did notice he is a lifelong bachelor in his profile

i can sort of forgive him for being a hosed up weirdo if that's the case and he's lived his whole life hating his sexuality, definitely more sympathetic then someone like pence

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYTPgW5PJFU&t=23s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Seriously, Donald loving Trump is more responsive to the will of the American people than the Democrats at this point. Not one of them outside the progressive wing should still be in their seats once 2020 rolls around.

I'm honestly really really pissed. I mean this is honestly making me want to vote R from now on against these fucks. At least they are honest about destroying the country.

yeah give the right even more power, that'll teach them

• Locked thread