Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Brawnfire posted:

Every surface, vertical or horizontal, is a screen with a video, ad, or game and yet music blares over it all. Everything has a full cup of seasoned salt poured directly on it. Nothing contains fewer than seven mixers or toppings; even the sodas can't restrain themselves to mere soda water and syrup. The burgers are overlarge, overcooked, and overseasoned. The servers are desperately friendly to cover the palpable atmosphere of weed-stunted depression they inhabit in the back room. Babies are obese and have milkshakes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the day after I posted this

Pastry of the Year posted:

I got some reports on this thread overnight.

The points being made (while I might not personally agree with all of them) are reasonable, valid, and seem to come from a place of genuine conviction, and I'm happy to see that. But hey - we're all in this together. Let's not eat each other alive.

And maybe post some idiocy from social media? This thread skews political, probably inevitably, but there are plenty of bumbling dumbasses out there to be harvested.

I woke up to just a ton of loving reports about this thread in the mod queue.

The derail is over and I'm going to leave it be, and I'm using it as an opportunity to say that disagreements are fine, but being toweringly lovely to one another, at least in this subforum, is not, and I'm going to start being a lot more vigorous with probations.

You can post the "decorum" smiley at me until the dispenser finally releases a food pellet or a shot of dopamine or whatever, but there are rules in this particular community. There are many, many other places to exercise / exorcise (your pick) your anger. And honestly - a lot of this anger is, as I said before, valid and genuine!

I know a lot of us, because of the ongoing horribleness, might have these forums as their primary outlet for interaction, community, whatever. I don't want to take away anyone's ability to post right now, but I don't want to sit back and watch you set each other on fire, either.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

What about setting myself on fire?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'd miss you :(

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Wait, are goons not the largest demographic in elections?

Are we just losers screaming at our computer screens?

O.O

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I don't advise it, but if you do, you should at least know the oranges are so juicy.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I can't wait for this type of person to be extinct.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nastyman posted:

I can't wait for this type of person to be extinct.

His kind will outlive the roaches.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Plenty of them will get the virus, recover, and then loudly proclaim it's because they never use hand sanitizer at the gym or wash their hands in the public shitter.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Lol. Red Robin is fine. Yeah maybe don't go there in a goddamn pandemic but it's funny watching people jump all over each other to dunk on chain restaurants like they are offended by their mere existence.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I spoke to someone yesterday that insisted COVID-19 was overblown, and minor, and people are stupid for believing this hoax, and then in the same breath told me that his son was immunocompromised and died last year to viral pneumonia, so therefore we shouldn't worry about the coronavirus.

People are dumb.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Agrinja posted:

Lol. Red Robin is fine. Yeah maybe don't go there in a goddamn pandemic but it's funny watching people jump all over each other to dunk on chain restaurants like they are offended by their mere existence.

Red Robin is far from fine even when compared to other chain restaurants

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm not a huge fan of Red Robin but I do remember liking their onion ring Tower of Hanoi monstrosity.

RoboRodent posted:

his son was immunocompromised and died last year to viral pneumonia, so therefore we shouldn't worry about the coronavirus.

What exactly is his logic here?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MizPiz posted:

Red Robin is far from fine even when compared to other chain restaurants

Red Robin sucks and I will die for airport Chili’s

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s simply the fact she went out of her way to name drop Red Robin when taking unnecessary risks. Like, make your last meal something better than that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's understandable why people want to support small local businesses in these times. A lot of these places that only hold a few people at a time (below the threshold for gathering bans) are reliant on constant business to stay afloat and the US lacks a lot of the safety nets many European countries do when you're struggling, like free healthcare. There's a good chance that people aren't going to get the reprieves on bills, rent, taxes, etc. that they would need in case of a total commercial shutdown.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mak0rz posted:

Flawed

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Red Robin but I do remember liking their onion ring Tower of Hanoi monstrosity.

No idea. It was a customer service interaction, so I wasn't exactly free to interrogate him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I will go to any place that has bottomless anything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm in awe of how many different chain restaurant brands the US apparently has

It's always a different one in these arguments

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

How about we let the Expertscritique Red Robin, huh?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

OP Isnt idiot.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1239228755719135233?s=20

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Coming in hot from the cyberpunk dystopia thread:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1239229901586169857?s=19

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Just quoting because it's important.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1239264912532221953

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lots of stupidity in the comments

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1239275883560648705

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Man Americans really, really detest being advised to do or not do things

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mak0rz posted:

Man Americans really, really detest being advised to do or not do things

Br'er Rabbit is a documentary.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The fear of losing income is extremely real and my service industry comrades are absolutely right that they deserve government protection in times such as these, instead of just shutting doors and doing nothing.

We need to shut down bars and restaurants and we need to recognize that the service industry is a real, huge industry full of real people who deserve the protections of a real government concerned with the well being of its real loving people. Paying the staff who need to stay home out of tax dollars will SAVE LIVES, both from the virus and in general.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Mar 15, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

<--- lol ya'll are super extra

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The fear of losing income is extremely real and my service industry comrades are absolutely right that they deserve government protection in times such as these, instead of just shutting doors and doing nothing.

We need to shut down bars and restaurants and we need to recognize that the service industry is a real, huge industry full of real people who deserve the protections of a real government concerned with the well being of its real loving people. Paying the staff who need to stay home out of tax dollars will SAVE LIVES, both from the virus and in general.

Oh absolutely. I agree with you, but the people in the comments of that tweet thread don't seem to be concerned about that as much as they're saying "gently caress you dad I'll do what I want"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

:bernin:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

All this effort to try and keep stock number up is kinda useless considering all these big time/money investment events are just not happening now right?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Don't call me comrade it's mad corny but yes if we don't shut down our business within a few days I'm going to piss my COVID-19 infected urine directly into my boss's eyes so he may meet his comeuppance then dunk him face first into our extremely filthy work toilet until he gives us pay during leave.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

You laugh, but this is basically government policy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGM4FbcWvjQ

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mak0rz posted:

Oh absolutely. I agree with you, but the people in the comments of that tweet thread don't seem to be concerned about that as much as they're saying "gently caress you dad I'll do what I want"

This is America, WE FOUGHT A WAR TO NOT BE TOLD WHAT TO DOOO

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I heard from a friend in Denmark that the government there is taking over paying service industry workers during this crisis.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Don't call me comrade it's mad corny but yes if we don't shut down our business within a few days I'm going to piss my COVID-19 infected urine directly into my boss's eyes so he may meet his comeuppance then dunk him face first into our extremely filthy work toilet until he gives us pay during leave.

Sorry pal we're comrades now and I will keep saying it until we simultaneously drown in our own lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sorry pal we're comrades now and I will keep saying it until we simultaneously drown in our own lungs.

I'll allow it