Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I can hear the conversation. "I found these public mouth assets that are easy to put in..." "well yeah, obviously, get em in there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Played a few first person rounds and man so much more intense. Killed a guy by running into him and driving off a cliff into the river and got his ghillie suit. Circles centered on pochinki and nabbed a few kills while hiding in a bush. Then decided to go Rambo and hunt down the last couple survivors. Lost in gunfight to the guy who won.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wish the game would remember my last match was a FPP solo game, it keeps defaulting to the 3rd person one.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Every bush I see from now on...

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I want a Predator mode so bad. I'm sure it'll be one of the first things made when mods start to show up for the game. 1 person would get cloaking abilities, cool weapons, can take trophies, and has way more health. The game would just continue as normal from there.

It'd be really interesting if there was a dedicated game mode sorta like Space Station 13, where every round is some kind of variant to make gameplay more interesting. Only shotguns, Predator mode, natural disasters hitting the island, everyone is in an unremovable clown suit that honks with every step, etc

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Winning the game with looted clothing items on should give you the items for keeps imo. Earn them the hard way.

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 5, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Got the Mk14 for the first time tonight. That thing is a beast. One kill and three knocks and we won the round so I can't complain. Only had a 4x but it worked nicely.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Rumor has it that the MK14 is way overpowered and will be taken out of the game soon.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

LiterallyAnything posted:

Rumor has it that the MK14 is way overpowered and will be taken out of the game soon.

It's one of the rarest weapons to crate drop and it needs a scope to be effective. I could see them maybe nerfing it but not removing it. Rumors are dumb.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I do wonder if they could ever model scope flash.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

They totally could. Whether or not they will is another question.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The car horn is the greatest thing to ever happen to gaming.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I landed with my squad at Pochinki and raced a guy to the Dacia in the garage. He got in first so I got passenger seat. He drove down the road to where he and his other gunless comrades had grabbed a motorcycle. They tried punching me in the car first before giving up and finally all five of us drove off to Georgo crates. They drove me way out by the river, so I jumped out and ran into the crates. Got out alive, found an 8x in a warehouse, grabbed a UAZ, and went back to Pochinki.

Then we all died. Good game!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I had quite the streak tonight. I think I streamed all of them. Choochoo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Nice, what site are those from?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just Chamber posted:

Nice, what site are those from?

KDA.GG make sure you enable tracking on all your regions.

Also, I'm the prettiest.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 5, 2017

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013
Finally got a chance to play this in first person today and it's amazing. Having some graphic glitching but this is much more fun without third person peeking constantly.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Sorry about that one we lost because I got that mouse-look alt-tab bug. At least I helped win the game after that! That feel when the best optic you get all game is a holo but you don't potato ALL of your shots.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this game woulda been the goat had they built it from the ground up as first person. the duct taped together mode is already more fun to play but holy poo poo is it annoying to crouch at a broken wall that you could shoot past in third person but keep nailing the wall trying to shoot someone on the first person server.

nachos posted:

Had my first rain match, owns

yeah i wish that poo poo happened more often. it's great atmosphere.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 5, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Had my first rain match, owns

arenthor
Dec 4, 2016
First person mode makes it a lot more tense when playing, however seems rather glitch at times still. I managed to get into third person and obviously had an advantage due to that.

Otherwise solid game optimisation is slow but happening at least.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
First Person makes some funny poo poo happen. Forgive the hyena howls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hlbjOgqX1k

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Severs too busy please try again later.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Finally got my first ever Chicken Dinner! That poo poo was intense.

So don't give up hope if you're still waiting for one, because if I can get one, literally anyone can.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
rage quit the game last night. Had a great game going then got hit with the network lag detected bullshit which finally booted me to lobby with "connection timed out" after like 3 minutes. never seen that before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viduavj9TvA

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
So what happened to the reconnect option? It worked on the test server but I haven't seen it pop up after my game crashes post patch.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

Soarer posted:

So what happened to the reconnect option? It worked on the test server but I haven't seen it pop up after my game crashes post patch.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/893120551601885185

Short of it is, they took it out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also, I'm the prettiest.

I really need the game to stop giving me red t-shirts unless they're going to let me wear all seven at once.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Inspector_666 posted:

I really need the game to stop giving me red t-shirts unless they're going to let me wear all seven at once.

that kind of clever layering will come in handy once they introduce cold/heat effects

also when aree they adding harvesting berries to the game, again?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I recorded a video of me dropping 3 8x scopes in the middle of nowhere but I'm too lazy to upload it so if you're the type of person to either like a video like that/get triggered by it pretend its here

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first game of fpp after doing the requisite four minutes of dumb useless poo poo before you're allowed to play. try to pick up a gun, immediately blackscreen. cool

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Horns are cool, but it would be nice if the game would prioritize putting the player in the drivers seat when you're both in solo and standing by the driver side door.

I really hate getting killed because someone sees me as I hop in, who then proceeds to headshot me while I sit in a parked car like a dork.

(Yes, I know about the ctrl-1 seat swap, but that cost me the time needed to at least make a moving target)

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zomborgon posted:

Horns are cool, but it would be nice if the game would prioritize putting the player in the drivers seat when you're both in solo and standing by the driver side door.

I really hate getting killed because someone sees me as I hop in, who then proceeds to headshot me while I sit in a parked car like a dork.

(Yes, I know about the ctrl-1 seat swap, but that cost me the time needed to at least make a moving target)

The HUD wording will be Drive (vehicle) or Get In (vehicle) if you are aimed at the ~driver area~ or not.

It has helped me not play seat shuffle.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a fun bug - my game crashed while waiting in the island. I got back and apparently my duo and I got back to the same game I crashed.
My duo couldn't see my position in the map - to him he was still allied with my self from the previous game who crashed at the island and never even got into the airplane. He saw my position as stuck in the island and saw me die from the blue zone damage. He also saw my nameplate on the island.

When I took damage for the first time after that I got the message "You died finally." but nothing happened.

When he took lethal damage he got knocked out as if I was still alive, but when he died while knocked out the game ended for the both of us.

Fun stuff.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Gildiss posted:

The HUD wording will be Drive (vehicle) or Get In (vehicle) if you are aimed at the ~driver area~ or not.

It has helped me not play seat shuffle.

Yes, and it tends to rapidly toggle between them for each pixel of the vehicle. It makes very little sense that it's so sensitive.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
seems simple enough. no reason why the first person to enter a vehicle shouldn't just automatically be placed in the drivers seat

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I like the game a lot more first person only. Aggressive play is far more rewarding when you can actually push forward without your enemy instantly knowing and leaning out of cover to dome you the second you play aggressively. It's also much more tense knowing that it's not always worth the risk of peeking around a corner to see if I'm getting attacked, so I can't just know that all my flanks are secure at all times risk-free.

Also, driving in first person. Hell yeah.

Now they just need to fix the wonky first person camera behaviour and the weirdness with where bullets originate.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like aggressive play but I don't like first person only. The greater vision can be used to attack and flank just as much as defend.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also, I'm the prettiest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU
Very strong serbian blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
I got this, I suck, did not know we had a discord and I am joining.

• Locked thread