Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Didn't see this in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3Pe00I_Ro

Read it here: https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v46/n06/pankaj-mishra/the-shoah-after-gaza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

idgi, idc, and assume it is in fact some insanely racist concept

i've noticed zionists loving love trash AI art. It's all over crap memes like this (looks like clay, those are nothing like watermelon seeds ofc) but it's in other places too. I was looking up something completely unrelated and did a doubletake cause the image for some wiki entry was a woman riding a bike -- but the hebrew in the background only seemed like hebrew and wasn't real lettering, and the woman only seemed real and wasn't even riding an actual physically functional bike. Don't think these are the first two times it's come up, either. Weird.

How likely a person is to use AI art to express their opinions is a very good litmus test to how likely it is that person is sub-sapient

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It was posted, but it bears repeating.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

The only time a Palestinian identity is recognized by zionists is in death.

Palestine can't be recognized as a state in the UN. Palestine doesn't exist, so it's ok to displace them. Palestinian isn't a nationality. But it's ok to kill these kids, they share this Palestinian identity with Hamas.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
theyre just mad that the palestinians arent dying off and are more numerous than they are.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

its pretty obvious at this point the nazi senile rapist biden is going to help israel carry out a full genocide of the gaza strip, the only way to stop them is for the war to widen and for america to pay a giant price as well, but sadly the arabs are zionist dogs and Iran isnt interested in doing anything.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

yeah, having a modicum of empathy and humanity usually means you find AI art offputting, and zionists don't have any of those problems

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't think the (excellent) article was posted, and i never watch videos. :tipshat:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wait is that 'elder of Ziyon' account actually pro-israel or is it some sort of antisemetic account like that Lupus Lady is?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

wait is that 'elder of Ziyon' account actually pro-israel or is it some sort of antisemetic account like that Lupus Lady is?

what's the diff

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Al-Saqr posted:

The account seemingly spends a lot of time ascribing dead Palestinian babies to wayward Hamas rockets and wrote a whole book "exposing modern antisemitism" (criticism of Israel), hence the name, so a nazi of the Zionist variety.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The zionists have truly done the most groundwork for antisemitism the world has seen since the 1930s.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

The zionists have truly done the most groundwork for antisemitism the world has seen since the 1930s.

they're doing it deliberately.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I know it's moot because no one's going take the US to court but what exactly is their defense against genocide denial, that they urged israel to do better??

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Honest Thief posted:

I know it's moot because no one's going take the US to court but what exactly is their defense against genocide denial, that they urged israel to do better??

"israel had a right to defend itself"

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Death to Israel.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Asproigerosis posted:

Lehi tried, unsuccessfully, to establish an alliance with Nazi Germany. Twice. They were rolled into the IDF in 1948, although some of their members did shortly thereafter manage to assassinate UN mediator Folke Bernadotte, a diplomat credited with rescuing tens of thousands, including many Scandinavian Jews, from concentration camps at the end of WW2. The leader of Lehi, Yitzhak Shamir, became Prime Minister of Israel in 1986 and remained the leader of Likud until 1992, when he was replaced by Benjamin Netanyahu.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

SniperWoreConverse posted:

idgi, idc, and assume it is in fact some insanely racist concept

i've noticed zionists loving love trash AI art. It's all over crap memes like this (looks like clay, those are nothing like watermelon seeds ofc) but it's in other places too. I was looking up something completely unrelated and did a doubletake cause the image for some wiki entry was a woman riding a bike -- but the hebrew in the background only seemed like hebrew and wasn't real lettering, and the woman only seemed real and wasn't even riding an actual physically functional bike. Don't think these are the first two times it's come up, either. Weird.

Zionist Facebook memes are war crimes in of themselves, aesthetically and morally.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

I bet you think those are racist, you bigot.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Death to loving Israel.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I bet you think those are racist, you bigot.

I like how incoherent the ideas they point to are.

They first image brags about the genocide, but implies that it is some kind of natural, organic consequence of a single Palestinian attack, not just a sped-up version of Zionist policy since the very beginning of the settling of Palestine. It also brags about Israel's military prowess, at least when it comes to murdering civilians, which is funny because Zionists online always say one of two things: there is no genocide happening (crisis actors, etc.) or, if there is a genocide happening, it's the best freaking genocide anybody anywhere ever did, and it's being carried out by tanned muscular supermen.

The second image is internally incoherent. Is a Palestinian wearing a condom with a Palestinian flag to prevent the birth of Palestinian children? Or are we supposed to understand that the genocide is some kind of national prophylactic? Either way, by putting the flag there, the image subtextually acknowledges and empowers the very thing it textually disavows.

The third image is incoherent with the first, because it implies that if Hamas freed the hostages, the war would end. Which means that the war is not a natural consequence, but a choice made by humans with agency.

Tl;dr: Zionists are drooling morons

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/elderofziyon/status/1790163579162730649

their eventual explanation makes no real sense and is just obliviously spelling out their own racism while not even understanding why the watermelon is associated with palestinians in the first place either.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Karach posted:

Tl;dr: Zionists are drooling morons

The second one is saying that Palestine as a state shouldn't exist (ie everything that isn't Israel should either be Israel or Egypt/Jordan). It's a flag on a condom because AI is an even cruder tool than colourful clay painted on a stone wall.

And yes, it's inscrutable unless you already know how Zionists talk about Palestine. The emotions behind it (bigotry, hatred, contempt) come through but it totally fails to convey why the viewer should share those feelings. Even Israeli propaganda is being ruined by neoliberalism, men and women who only know one lever to pull but don't understand how or why the lever used to work.

The real problem is that being a fascist is, in the extreme, incompatible with having basic empathy or having true theory of mind, which makes dyed-in-the-wool fascists extremely bad at creating (or recognising) meaningful art. Art is about expressing an idea in a way that relies on a shared experience and a desire to share individual experiences, and fascists can neither share nor accept experience with those outside their circle. Everything is for internal consumption, and it exists to echo the fascist's emotions back at themself in a simulacrum of empathy/shared experience.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the moral of the story is if you don't like one watermelon you can use 2000 lb bombs on the farmers until watermelons never grow again

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

drat palestinians arent literally watermelons... makes u think....

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ahkelon and sderot getting rocketed

====

Sirens sound in Sderot and surrounding the Gaza envelope

Al-Jazeera correspondent reported that the sirens sounded in Sderot and its surroundings in the Gaza envelope.

Al-Qassam Brigades: We bombed Ashkelon with a rocket fire

The Qassam Brigades said they on Tuesday bombed the city of Ashkelon in the Gaza envelope with a rocket-propelled fire, in response to the Zionist massacres of civilians in the Gaza Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231575;

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Has it been mentioned that the U.S. supposedly only elected to drop a 2,000-pound bomb once against ISIS? Israel has been dropping hundreds on Gaza.

On the 200th day of the genocide, Israel had dropped the equivalent of 2.7% of all the ordnance dropped on the Axis during the entirety of WW2.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

apparently the ICJ will hold the prelimenary hearing to discuss south africas request for measures to the first draft of the pre-meeting meeting to maybe make an appointment to prelimenarily suggest a date to possibly make a decision

on may 16-17

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Has it been mentioned that the U.S. supposedly only elected to drop a 2,000-pound bomb once against ISIS? Israel has been dropping hundreds on Gaza.

On the 200th day of the genocide, Israel had dropped the equivalent of 2.7% of all the ordnance dropped on the Axis during the entirety of WW2.

Usually you only drop giant bombs like that when you want to take out hardened bunkers or strongholds, but since the IDF can't tell the difference between an armed bunker and a children's hospital...

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

might as well use the biggest and most expensive bombs if someone else is paying for them

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Pookah posted:

Irish-Americans are gonna have to find somewhere else to go - we have zero spare houses and they are mostly annoying as poo poo.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Zodium posted:

then it's settled. the palestinians will get equal rights and the americans will go back to england.

Now you're just being reactionary. They can go to Germany either.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Spoondick posted:

might as well use the biggest and most expensive bombs if someone else is paying for them

Bloodline busters

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

in the future theyll be posting extremely angry racist posts on social media about reclaiming Israel from an apartment in ontario
That's a pity. It'd be better if they suffered and died.
:stoked:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

HazCat posted:

The second one is saying that Palestine as a state shouldn't exist (ie everything that isn't Israel should either be Israel or Egypt/Jordan). It's a flag on a condom because AI is an even cruder tool than colourful clay painted on a stone wall.

And yes, it's inscrutable unless you already know how Zionists talk about Palestine. The emotions behind it (bigotry, hatred, contempt) come through but it totally fails to convey why the viewer should share those feelings. Even Israeli propaganda is being ruined by neoliberalism, men and women who only know one lever to pull but don't understand how or why the lever used to work.

The real problem is that being a fascist is, in the extreme, incompatible with having basic empathy or having true theory of mind, which makes dyed-in-the-wool fascists extremely bad at creating (or recognising) meaningful art. Art is about expressing an idea in a way that relies on a shared experience and a desire to share individual experiences, and fascists can neither share nor accept experience with those outside their circle. Everything is for internal consumption, and it exists to echo the fascist's emotions back at themself in a simulacrum of empathy/shared experience.

Italian futurists didn't suddenly stop being a important artistic movement just because they were fascists. Triumph of the will didn't magically become something other than a groundbreaking piece of cinema because some of histories greatest monsters made it.

The idea fascists can't make art is one of the most trite and self congratulatory concepts of the modern left when the truth is that the post war western culture produced the death of creativity. You have things like the Iowa writers workshop and the CIA funding of modern art to thank for the meaningless garbage being shoveled out now.

Israel is perhaps that mix in it's purest form, bereft of any society beyond a collection of gilded Age robber barons.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I don't know about that, but these fascists can't make art.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

evilmiera posted:

Usually you only drop giant bombs like that when you want to take out hardened bunkers or strongholds, but since the IDF can't tell the difference between an armed bunker and a children's hospital...

well they can, they avoid the hardened bunker and go for the children’s hospital

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Jokes on you I like liver and onions. Plus American settlers came from all over so we actually get to dump some of the worst people on the Germans.

Being shipped back to annoy Germans and waving around the GDR flag would be pretty sweet IMO.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

https://twitter.com/elderofziyon/status/1790163579162730649

their eventual explanation makes no real sense and is just obliviously spelling out their own racism while not even understanding why the watermelon is associated with palestinians in the first place either.

he absolutely was trying to say "they're too fertile" with his comment about too many seeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

moths posted:

I don't know about that, but these fascists can't make art.

yup