Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I won't buy any children's toys that don't have proper continuity with my childen's picture books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I won't buy any children's toys that don't have proper continuity with my childen's picture books.

This is how I live my entire life.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

Well if everyone had that mentality then we wouldn't get things like Generations Abominus or Monstructor.

or Deluxe Wheelie...

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Rhyno posted:

Most likely.

They already said that MTMTE is going to continue doing its own thing while Combiner Wars takes over the other book.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SpikeMcclane posted:

They already said that MTMTE is going to continue doing its own thing while Combiner Wars takes over the other book.

God bless them for learning from the last "event". It's hard enough to wait a month for a new issue of MTMTE, it was brutal waiting for it to come back (for reals) while Dark Cybertron was happening.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Very interesting explanation as to why Alpha Bravo and that other dude (who is that? I don't recall him being named but I bet he's another of the guys that Hasbro lost the original name trademark to) are gonna be part of Superion... I'm actually interested to see where they're going with this. I wasn't really impressed with Superion previously.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
As much as Superion and Defensor are cool. I want to see things like Abominus and Piranhacon, especially with so many unique molds. Same with Computron. Also, will they redo Bruticus? I kind of wonder if we'll see the Kre-o only combiners show up so they can be remolded (I want that white and Blue one in a deluxe size.)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I finally got something I've wanted for quite a while, but I didn't expect it to be MISB. Now I'm having trouble decided whether or not to open it. Convince me to do the right thing, thread!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
FREE HIM

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Very interesting explanation as to why Alpha Bravo and that other dude (who is that? I don't recall him being named but I bet he's another of the guys that Hasbro lost the original name trademark to) are gonna be part of Superion... I'm actually interested to see where they're going with this. I wasn't really impressed with Superion previously.
The other dude is Powerglide (apparently, if you're talking about the RID issue with the two individuals talking to Wheeljack), TFwiki confirms he is the one talking and that Fireflight is just going to be called Firefly (brown coat of paint joke goes here)

TFwiki is a little uncertain if two of the Superion limbs are the same mold, gonna be interesting seeing how many combiners they squeeze out of a limited number of molds - a wacky Monstructor/Abominus/Predaking mess seems possible. I really do get the feeling we'll be discussing a Masquerade giftset this time next year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Spiderdrake posted:

TFwiki is a little uncertain if two of the Superion limbs are the same mold, gonna be interesting seeing how many combiners they squeeze out of a limited number of molds - a wacky Monstructor/Abominus/Predaking mess seems possible. I really do get the feeling we'll be discussing a Masquerade giftset this time next year.

Firefly and Alpha Bravo seem to be heavy retools of one another; same goes for Air Raid and Skydive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I finally got something I've wanted for quite a while, but I didn't expect it to be MISB. Now I'm having trouble decided whether or not to open it. Convince me to do the right thing, thread!

Dunno what that is, but open it!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Under-3

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Angry birds transformers notes:

-heatwave is well known for his orbital laser and stoic personality (could've at least used that for magnus)

-took me 3 days to figure out who lockdown was supposed to be (thought he was barricade). Literally the most generic thing.in.the world.

-soundwaves introductory cutscene shows him.trying to execute megatron?! Wtf

-bludgeon is a retard zombie?

Did Rovio even care

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I'm angry. I'm so mad I can't stand it. I have to put a sword in windblades butthole and you give me this poo poo afterwards. Argfggghhhhhhhh

At least if I get a slipstream out of her they can't put bill rays.there

Oh and I got mp OP and other than his legs not fitting together in vehicle.mode he's flawless. Gg Hasbro

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to Target to get Lego Batman 3 (they didn't get any copies WTF) and breezed through the TF aisle. Found Cosmos and Swerve!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

-heatwave is well known for his orbital laser and stoic personality (could've at least used that for magnus)

-took me 3 days to figure out who lockdown was supposed to be (thought he was barricade). Literally the most generic thing.in.the world.

Did Rovio even care

-who gives a poo poo
-it's not like tf doesn't have 43 canons already
-if we're gonna bitch I'd say the "energon" characters (in lieu of more characters) are a lot more annoying

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 12, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

Did Rovio even care

lol you're still playing it too after your meltdown, what a fuckin loser

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

lol you're still playing it too after your meltdown, what a fuckin loser

I'll kill u

E: gimme your address nerd and we fight irl

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Whats that orange blue and green one? It looks almost like a prototype.
It does look to be a plastic testshot of... something. I don't recognize the mold or the character. Looks to be a leader-class whatever it is.

Blackheart posted:

I don't know about Defensor but isn't that just a G1 devs?
Yep. And TFW just reported on a rumored Titan-class Devastator. Those caught my eye too.

Rhyno posted:

Sorry, the original Starscream is what I'm after. The one Skywarp and Thundercracker are repaints of.
Original original, the one with the weird paint job? I might be able to hook you up, I went kind of crazy with buying duplicates when the first wave of Classics came out. Let me know if that's the one you're looking for and I'll go dig into my storage boxes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

It does look to be a plastic testshot of... something. I don't recognize the mold or the character. Looks to be a leader-class whatever it is.

Yep. And TFW just reported on a rumored Titan-class Devastator. Those caught my eye too.
I wonder what 'titan-class' means in this context.

Also that looks like a testshot of that silver knight optimus, maybe? It has the sword and shield, and its legs don't look like Sentinel (who also had a sword and shield, I think?)

Maybe its a Prima test shot. j/k they'll do a Prima figure sometime in 2219 right before they release a Solus Prime.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Then an Amalgamus Prime made out of 3 dozen legends class figures.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Edit: double post.

I just noticed even an Asian online toy seller is listing Brainstorm for 2015.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 12, 2014

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Looks like a First Edition AoE Optimus.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
A titan class combiner would mean all bets are off. You would have voyager and leader sized guys if it's going to be similar in size to metroplex.

However it would also mean that displaying such a figure would not be an issue since you don't need a space for a 2 foot tall robot because you can break him apart.

Metroplex takes up a shitload of room unless he's in vehicle mode. He's not compact in the slightest. He's huge in robot mode and splayed out in base mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Nov 12, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It makes me giddy even thinking about an official titan-class Devastator.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Can you point us to this rumor? I don't know if a Titan class Devestator by Hasbro would be glorious or awful, given the plastic they've been using and their crack at Metroplex.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Goon posted:

Can you point us to this rumor? I don't know if a Titan class Devestator by Hasbro would be glorious or awful, given the plastic they've been using and their crack at Metroplex.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/rumor-combiner-wars-titan-class-devastator-incoming-181492/

I don't think plastic quality will be an issue. Generations arcee and elita seem to have a stronger quality plastic. I think they could be using better materials again.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

Apparently i can predict future hasbro releases. So it looks like a devestator and longtooth are gonna happen.

Why cookie rocket posted:

I don't mean to get all "I have an uncle that works at Nintendo" but I've known for a couple months that one of these is true. Hint: It's not the one that would cause me to lose my poo poo and blab about it when I first heard about it :p

Captain Invictus posted:

It makes me giddy even thinking about an official titan-class Devastator.

Just saying. I'm happy for you guys but drat I still want that walrus.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Popout reviewed EAVI metal Transistor, he nearly twisted off the toy's gun barrels with his clumsy sausage fingers. I am very impressed, to the point of entertaining the idea of buying a KFC product. I love Blaster.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

I'll kill u

E: gimme your address nerd and we fight irl

1302 Bridford Pkwy, Greensboro, NC 27407

meet me in the parking lot at sundown

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

1302 Bridford Pkwy, Greensboro, NC 27407

meet me in the parking lot at sundown

Can the winner bring me back a biscuit?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, there's a biscuitville nearby. We got some good southern biscuits with fried chicken in them, they rule.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, there's a biscuitville nearby. We got some good southern biscuits with fried chicken in them, they rule.

So I saw. Like, Popeye's good?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Just saying. I'm happy for you guys but drat I still want that walrus.

Wait, what. I don't. I can't. I was already buying all the combiners and now there's gonna be *more* to buy? :aaaaa:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

A cookie or a scone? Gamma I know for a fact that you do not live in a closed up K-Mart!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

A cookie or a scone? Gamma I know for a fact that you do not live in a closed up K-Mart!

Dude, times have gotten hard, man. Right now I'm just a hobo living in a closed up K-Mart with a lot of toys. I have to burn the toys in a metal can to stay warm and I panhandle to feed my crack habit.

The_Doctor posted:

So I saw. Like, Popeye's good?

I dunno, I haven't had popeye's in years.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dude, times have gotten hard, man. Right now I'm just a hobo living in a closed up K-Mart with a lot of toys. I have to burn the toys in a metal can to stay warm and I panhandle to feed my crack habit.

I dunno, I haven't had popeye's in years.

We're happy to have Popeye's in the middle of flyover, KFC only cooks fresh chicken every other day.

I like the idea of a monster size devastator, but I think it's going to be the same formula as the rest - four deluxes, one voyager, one legend for around $100.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I went to a Popeye's buffet the other week. Yeah, you're all jelly. So good. I hated myself after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

We're happy to have Popeye's in the middle of flyover, KFC only cooks fresh chicken every other day.

I like the idea of a monster size devastator, but I think it's going to be the same formula as the rest - four deluxes, one voyager, one legend for around $100.

Nah, it's supposed to be a Titan like metroplex, one bigass box and done. The individual figures are allegedly somewhere between deluxe and voyager. No Prowl attachments nor alternate head apparently. :(

As long as the cat is out of the bag, that's all the facts I have as they were reported to me.