Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

rear end Catchcum posted:

Is that true, about Lennon?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Let's all listen to the new kid cudi and report back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2F_4B9XYp4

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547DlGNUnMA

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

yeah, he was actually a really lovely person

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/john-lennons-dark-side-domestic-6481985

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
le'ts not listen to Kid Cudi

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I AM BRAWW posted:

le'ts not listen to Kid Cudi

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Popped it on but it was just him reading a bunch of your posts.

drat.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Really looking forward to Ferg's album https://soundcloud.com/asapferg/tatted-angel

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
There's a Weeknd remix with em on it and it sincerely made me sad for him, complete crap.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

There's a Weeknd remix with em on it and it sincerely made me sad for him, complete crap.

sad for whom exactly

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Sorry. Eminem. It's just a really bad verse. Got me thinking must be a bittersweet thing for Weeknd because it's like, oh, sick, here's this legend who he (prolly) liked as a kid (maybe?) and then he goes on something you created and it's just dog poo poo.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

So bad I can't stop listening to this

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
For all you who missed it, heres some nice new-school west coast

http://www.datpiff.com/YG-California-Livin-mixtape.734608.html

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

He needs to put BIG in front of his name, we need an other fat hot spitting rapper in our lives

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

jesus christ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sorry. Eminem. It's just a really bad verse. Got me thinking must be a bittersweet thing for Weeknd because it's like, oh, sick, here's this legend who he (prolly) liked as a kid (maybe?) and then he goes on something you created and it's just dog poo poo.

Or like Sick Here's this legend who jumped on a remix. Who is still popular(somehow won a Grammy and a Billboard for best Rap album with MMLP 2) lets get this money fam.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Yeah, I see that. I was just more bummed Eminem had fallen so hard. That track with Wayne on whatever album that was that sampled don't hurt me or whatever had given me hope.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dexo posted:

Or like Sick Here's this legend who jumped on a remix. Who is still popular(somehow won a Grammy and a Billboard for best Rap album with MMLP 2) lets get this money fam.

Em is paying to be on features now?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Ferg's new track is an interesting new approach, a lot more dark/cold than the rest of his poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trap Lord was an amazing album His mixtape after was weak but I'm definitely up for another proper release from him

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

God bless migos

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Honestly more likely than someone paying for that verse.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Trap Lord was an amazing album His mixtape after was weak but I'm definitely up for another proper release from him

Ferg runs out of steam and fall off the beat every verse. Always get the feeling he suddenly forgets where he is and why he is rapping.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

God bless migos

MAMA

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

He needs to put BIG in front of his name, we need an other fat hot spitting rapper in our lives

Big Baby Huey.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

God bless migos

Migos have the best adlibs

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Yeah, I see that. I was just more bummed Eminem had fallen so hard. That track with Wayne on whatever album that was that sampled don't hurt me or whatever had given me hope.

Yeah it's a bummer. There were some good tracks on MMLP2 (that last verse on Bad Guy is some pretty amazing poo poo) but it's not really a good album at all.

He also just raps way too technically for it to be enjoyable, there's no breathing room on any of his tracks. Like listen to this poo poo or this poo poo, it's just awful.

I can't believe I'm saying this but this Pitchfork article kind of sums up why his music is so bad perfectly

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20036-various-artists-shady-xv/

quote:

Seconds into the 2xCD label compilation Shady XV, which pairs 12 new songs with a disc of "greatest hits," Eminem fires up his rappity-rap sputtering chainsaw, and it never ceases for the spiritually exhausting hour that follows. Even at his peak, his rapping was never melodious, but at his nadir, he has all the musicality of a leaf-blower. The production functions simply, like a stopwatch: It's there to tell him when to start and when to stop, and occasionally a juiced-up power-rock chorus interrupts him. Submitting production to an Eminem album must feel, for a producer, something like a novelist feeding their manuscript into a wood chipper. On the one hand, you are guaranteed unprecedented exposure, and on the other, you are all but ensuring that no one will notice a note of your work.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 7, 2015

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i'm very sorry when i said let's all listen to the new kid cudi album

i made it through 2 songs and turned it off

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

literally sketched on the back of napkin

that's a receipt

this is good stuff imo

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 7, 2015

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

rick ross new album is ok but i miss when he was just doing waka impressions

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Kdot's grammy bait worked like a charm tpab got like 11 nominations including album of the year (as well as rap aoty)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

thathonkey posted:

Kdot's grammy bait worked like a charm tpab got like 11 nominations including album of the year (as well as rap aoty)

That's how these things always go though. Generally an artist like him has a year where he should have won. they gets shafted, and then the next time around they make it up to them..

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

gkmc is so much of a better album it makes me more angry tbh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also helps that you don't have a real Drake project, a Kanye project, or a white artists project to go up against.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Dexo posted:

or a white artists project to go up against.

Jesus Christ, are you seriously trying to claim there's racism in the music industry?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

Also helps that you don't have a real Drake project, a Kanye project, or a white artists project to go up against.

Clearly Lil Dicky was snubbed

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Jesus Christ, are you seriously trying to claim there's racism in the music industry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shouts to Em for never not winning best Rap Album, Iggy Azalea(RIP) and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.