Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

drrockso20 posted:

Most people stick Mikemon and Bastemon together from what I've seen

Makes sense! I still want my dumb joke to be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

Uhh

Gatomon
Gatomon X
BlackGatomon
Mikemon
Meicoomon

I think that’s it?

You forgot Black Tailmon Uver.

And speaking of Ghost Game, this was apparently announced on Tuesday, but I only found out about it from the Digimon TCG Twitter, and, um... Next month's Jump Promo was previewed on the main website and...

https://digimoncard.com/news/vjump_2301.php

That's Siriusmon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No comments on Fumamon?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

No comments on Fumamon?

‘S’okay. I want to see it animated first before I make an opinion.

quote:

Lampmon
Mega | Data | Wizard
[On Digivolve] 1 of your opponent's digimon gets <SecAtk-2> until the end of your opponent's turn.
[Your Turn] For each of your opponent's digimon with <SecAtk> this digimon gain <SecAtk+1>
Venusmon finisher!

quote:

Siriusmon
[On Digivolve] By placing a card with 'Gammamon' in its name from your hand as this digimon's bottommost source, this digimon gains +2000 DP for the turn.
[When Attacking] Delete 1 of your opponent's digimon DP 6000 or less. If this digimon's DP is 12000 or greater, delete 2 of your opponent's digimon DP 6000 or less instead.
Kinda trash, unfortunately

quote:

Ritz Kodo
[Your Turn] When you Play a 'Pulsemon', by suspending this tamer, if you have 3 or more security, <Draw 1>. If you have 3 or less security, gain +1 memory.
[Security] Play this card without paying the cost.
This guy, on the other hand, is pretty good

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Mikemon has got to be the most aggressively costed 2-color Lv. 4 so far right? 4 to play, 2 to evolve, and a reasonable inherited effect on top!

Glad to see they are continuing the trend of giving the gammamon line tons of mediocre promos. At least you don't need this one if you want to try playing the deck.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The Pulsemon tamer is ok but I can't really see them being worth the slot.

Siriusmon on the other hand is total garbage.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Honestly I'm more excited to get a better look at its design, including confirmation on the GN Sword III-style arms. Not the most flattering angle though, and the guns and angle are eating up most of the space at the expense of torso, waist, and upper arm details.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Mermaimon
Ultimate | Data | Aquabeast

[On Play] [When Digivolving] By placing 1 of your other blue Digimon under this Digimon as its bottom digivolution card, gain 2 memory.

Mermaimon makes sense when you remember that the ancient spirit for water is AncientMermaimon, who will presumably also show up.

I like how the game game has hyper specific Greymon decks and also a deck whose theme is “you know, fish”

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I like that we get generally themed decks like It's Kinda Just How Fish Work and I Guess These Are Plants mixed in with the hyper-focused series stuff. Especially because I feel like we get surprisingly little series focused stuff, if I'm being honest? Like, you'd think one of the two Adventures would've been mined by crazy by now. But while the Digimon and Tamers from Adventure show up often, it isn't like we really have strong archetypes built out of most of them. We got the four Legendary Dragons before the four Dark Masters, DNA RagnaLordmon before DNA Omnimon. It isn't just a big show tie-in, and I find it really neat.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I can't believe Draconic Roar is Friday.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Bee posted:

I like that we get generally themed decks like It's Kinda Just How Fish Work and I Guess These Are Plants mixed in with the hyper-focused series stuff. Especially because I feel like we get surprisingly little series focused stuff, if I'm being honest? Like, you'd think one of the two Adventures would've been mined by crazy by now. But while the Digimon and Tamers from Adventure show up often, it isn't like we really have strong archetypes built out of most of them. We got the four Legendary Dragons before the four Dark Masters, DNA RagnaLordmon before DNA Omnimon. It isn't just a big show tie-in, and I find it really neat.

All four Dark Masters have gotten cards, which just haven't gotten anything tying them together.

Also:

[When Digivolving] You may play 1 blue Digimon with [Hybrid] or [Aquatic], [Sea Animal] or [Aqua Beast] in its traits from your blue Digimon's sources without paying its memory cost.

[On Deletion] You play play 1 level 4 blue Hybrid without paying its memory cost.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Don’t forget the option!

quote:

Great Maelstrom BT12-102 C <02>

When you would use this card in your hand, by placing 1 of your blue Digimon under your other blue Digimon as its bottom digivolution card, reduce the cost by 3.

[Main] Return 1 of your opponent's Digimon to the bottom of deck.
---
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

Yeet any enemy Digimon and restock one of your “play from sources for value” cards? Yes please

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Some Numbers posted:

All four Dark Masters have gotten cards, which just haven't gotten anything tying them together.

Also:

[When Digivolving] You may play 1 blue Digimon with [Hybrid] or [Aquatic], [Sea Animal] or [Aqua Beast] in its traits from your blue Digimon's sources without paying its memory cost.

[On Deletion] You play play 1 level 4 blue Hybrid without paying its memory cost.

That's what I mean, though. There's a big difference between Puppetmon being tossed onto a card and the kind of ties that go into making cards of a specific archetype really sing together. Machinedramon feels the most like a capital A Archetype, and that feels way more like Digimon World Machinedramon than Dark Master Machinedramon, y'know?

I just find it really fascinating and cool. We're getting archetypes from all over the series, fan favorites to deep cuts, and not just the same season having entire sets built around it time and time again.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Amusingly the Dark Masters do have something tying them together, that being "Level 6 Digimon with an On Play effect". It's how you can tell the old Mugendramon was definitely supposed to be the one from Adventure. At the same time, there's no real Deck for them, in their relative heyday people basically played them as expensive option cards.

I do wonder if maybe we'll actually get deliberate support for them in EX4, if you're doing a Jogress/Fusion/Combine Powers set it would be cool to see Apocalymon as a card.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Old MetalSeadramon can be played in Fish… if you want to do some completely ridiculous jank

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Omnicrom posted:

Amusingly the Dark Masters do have something tying them together, that being "Level 6 Digimon with an On Play effect". It's how you can tell the old Mugendramon was definitely supposed to be the one from Adventure. At the same time, there's no real Deck for them, in their relative heyday people basically played them as expensive option cards.

I do wonder if maybe we'll actually get deliberate support for them in EX4, if you're doing a Jogress/Fusion/Combine Powers set it would be cool to see Apocalymon as a card.

I feel like if you're going to do an Apocalymon, it could work sorta similar to DarknessBagramon. Have it throw a bunch of cards with Level 6 Purple (like DoneDevimon and MaloMyotismon, for example) or Dark Masters in their traits under it as Digivolution cards as an on play effect. Give it a big chunky DeDigivolve effect to prevent it from being a tempo loss and reflecting how it was the first Digimon to use that sort of technique. Maybe give it a means of throwing out cards from under its evolution sources to reflect it being the source of evil in the Digital World. There's a lot of possibility for different effects here!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apocalymon should come with a special attack card, Hot And Cold Running Water.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Well that was the most mentally well-adjusted Meicrackmon I've ever seen in the series.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 50: You know there are a lot of Digimon out there, and if I was asked to choose what Digimon would evolve from a Puttimon I don't think I would've chosen that one…

Though I do suppose congratulations are in order for this episode, I legitimately never thought I would care about a Maicrackmon, but I actually felt bad for them by the end of the episode. It's morbidly impressive that Ghost Game more or less ran the entire character arc of Digimon Adventure Tri in 22 minutes only good. I actually want Maicrackmon to come back somewhere down the line to save the day now.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Psychemon BT12-075 U <02>
Rookie | Data | Reptile
[Digivolve: 0 from Lv2 with <Save> in its card text]
---
[On Play] You may add 1 Digimon card with <Save> in its card text from under your Tamer to your hand.
[On Deletion] <Save>
[<DigiXros -2> 1 Digimon card with <Save> in its card text]
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] If this Digimon has <Save> in its card text, <Draw 1>.

quote:

Ryouma Mogami BT12-097 U <02>
[Start of Your Main Phase] If there are 2 or less cards under this Tamer, you may place 1 Digimon card with <Save> in its card text from your trash under this Tamer.
[Your Turn] When your Digimon would digivolve into a Digimon with <Save> in its card text, by suspending this Tamer placing 1 card from under it at the bottom of that Digimon's digivolution cards, reduce the digivolution cost by 1.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

quote:

Astamon BT12-081 U <02>
Ultimate | Virus | Wizard

[Digivolve: 5 from [Psychemon] / 3 from yellow or green or purple level 4 with <Save> in description]

[When Digivolving] You may play 1 level 4 or lower Digimon card with <Save> in its description from the bottom of your tamer without paying its memory cost. If this Digimon has 4 or more digivolution cards, you may digivolve this Digimon into a [Quartzmon] in your hand or under your tamers and reduce the memory cost of the digivolution by 3 instead.
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has <Save> in its description, <Draw 1>.

I mostly posted these for Astamon, who has some pretty dang cool art

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So unless Quartzmon isn't in the set he's either Green or the second SEC. Interesting.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I'd guess he's the second SEC and is white... otherwise black I guess?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Is this the first time in Ghost Game where they tried for the diplomacy option but the Digimon took the wrong message from it?

I also found it weird how they addressed that humans and Digimons are different and that's why Fukatsu can't do the same things for Meicrackmon, but not the actual issue of "true friendship isn't about reciprocation and keeping score of how much the other person owes you."

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

amigolupus posted:

Is this the first time in Ghost Game where they tried for the diplomacy option but the Digimon took the wrong message from it.

I'm not sure the Digimon did take the wrong message from the cast intervening. To me it seemed like Maicrackmon wasn't being at all honest at the end there, the tears and the fact they said explicitly " you should make human friends" made it seem like that last bit was them acknowledging they couldn't easily stay together anymore and that they had been causing problems. It felt like Maicrackmon was, in a sacrificial way, paying back Riku.

Also Quartzmon is a green SR so the second SEC's identity is still up in the air.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

:lmao: that they showed a teenage boy sleeping with a Digimon with boobs like it's nothing, reminded me of this:

Also, man, I understand Hiro is the less active and most reactive of the main characters in a Digimon series because of the series' structure, but it really feels like he straight up doesn't give a gently caress about anything until poo poo hits the fan.

Riku: Ah, Amanokawa, you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this, my hologram creature changed and says it's a digievolution, what's up with that?
Hiro: I dunno lol

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Omnicrom posted:

I'm not sure the Digimon did take the wrong message from the cast intervening. To me it seemed like Maicrackmon wasn't being at all honest at the end there, the tears and the fact they said explicitly " you should make human friends" made it seem like that last bit was them acknowledging they couldn't easily stay together anymore and that they had been causing problems. It felt like Maicrackmon was, in a sacrificial way, paying back Riku.

I've considered that too, but maybe I got thrown off by how they never outright talked about how the core issue is that it's unhealthy to expect/demand reciprocation just because you did something nice to someone. There was an episode with a somewhat similar setup where a florist guy was being stalked by a plant Digimon that loved him and it did actually point out that the Digimon's motivation was bad.

Petiso posted:

Also, man, I understand Hiro is the less active and most reactive of the main characters in a Digimon series because of the series' structure, but it really feels like he straight up doesn't give a gently caress about anything until poo poo hits the fan.

Too lazy to dig into it, but I gotta wonder if it's due to the series being handled by different writers? Some of the episodes where the protagonists just act all oblivious until poo poo hits the fan, or some where the emotional resolution of the episode was very abrupt and unsatisfying, makes me suspect they've been written by that one writer who also worked on Adventure 2020.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Omnicrom posted:

Also Quartzmon is a green SR so the second SEC's identity is still up in the air.

So I can be completely wrong, of course ::p

At least it can evolve from white or black as well as green.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Quartzmon BT12-057 SR <02>
Mega | Unknown | Unknown

[Digivolve: 9 from level 5 with <Save> in description]

[When Digivolving] Suspending all Digimon except this, and all tamers. Then, for every 2 suspended Digimon and tamers, gain 1 memory.

[All Turns] All Digimon except this and all tamers cannot be unsuspended.

[When Attacking] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon or tamer. Then, for every 5 suspended Digimon and tamers,
trash the top card from your opponent's security stack.

quote:

Gypt Particle Cannon BT12-106 R <02>

When you have a tamer with [Hunter] in its traits, you may use this card ignoring its color requirements.

[Main] Suspend all of your opponent's Digimon and tamers. All of your opponent's cards cannot be unsuspended during your opponent's
next unsuspending phase.
---
[Security] Suspend all of your opponent's Digimon and tamers.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Today I tested some red purple imperial on Tabletop Sim

poo poo is fun as hell if you can get the right cards in your trash

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
This thing is hard as hell to get on the board, but it's insanely powerful.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

This thing is hard as hell to get on the board, but it's insanely powerful.

That's the thing, I'm not sure how hard it is to get on board given it can evolve from level 5s, and Ryoma/Psychemon/Astamon lets you recur it from trash and it has Save in its text so you can do stuff related to Hunters. Yes, the evolve price is really high, but um, once Quartzmon drops your opponent functionally doesn't really have anything on the field anymore. I was worried that the Hunter deck might not have a high ceiling but this guy is utterly explosive. I will happily play around with Save shenanigans and Hunter Tamers if my end board is a terrifying stun monster.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 6, 2022

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Eh there's a lot of stuff that can ignore or get around its effect. Redirects like Examon Cherrymon and BWGX, or just moving out something from breeding and digivolving it into something that kills Quartzmon. It's still a very good card but if you give up 9 memory to use it you will often get dunked.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

RevolverDivider posted:

Eh there's a lot of stuff that can ignore or get around its effect. Redirects like Examon Cherrymon and BWGX, or just moving out something from breeding and digivolving it into something that kills Quartzmon. It's still a very good card but if you give up 9 memory to use it you will often get dunked.

I mean, you probably aren't evolving for 9 memory, if you're evolving off of Astamon it's base cost 6 minus Hunter Xros Up discounts minus the couple of extra points of memory you gain from suspending stuff. If I'm playing him in his intended deck I will gladly pay 4 or 5 to force my opponent to deal with a board lock.

And deal with it they can. Redirects can work as you stated, but it'll be a neat trick to get one off of Examon/Slayerdramon since you'll need at least two Examon and a Slayersdramon to successfully block since Quartzmon completely disables Examon's ability to unsuspend in totality and suspends cards when it attacks. Cherrymon to protect a Hydramon works, but unless you have that exact combination you're still getting attacked at 15K base and probably taking security damage per swing which is still a threat. BWGX is also quite good, but also is 13000 to 15000 base (and Black War Greymon can't Reboot). It's also hypercritically weak to eating a kill spell, either hard played or out of Security, and as you said it can be dealt with by a Digimon coming out of raising with either a kill effect or some other way to deal with it. Quartzmon gets absolutely ruined by a red stack with Raid like the new War Greymon and Dukemon probably matches up alarming well against it with the new emphasis on jumping straight to level 6. It can be bounced or spun or hit with an Astral Snatcher and it dies to a full Shoutmon X7 and there are even some decks that can totally play around it and not even care its there. It's certainly not impossible to answer, but it's also a definite bomb of a card.

And that was my point, prior to this all the Hunter mechanics had fairly middling payoffs. Before got mid-sized Digimon with a couple of keywords, which is not nothing but also something Black has been doing since it was introduced to the game. Arresterdramon SM was nice, but it was still just a big punch brick with an (admittedly very good) removal effect attached and he was the biggest thing you could make for Hunters with the cards shown off so far. Meanwhile for Quartzmon the fact is that you either answer him fast or you die. That kind of game-winning power and pressure hypothetical Hunter decks didn't really have before this.

Also it evolves from White so people clinging to Diablomon and Eosmon now have a new toy to try out. Also some psychopath is going to try and evolve this over X7 in the world's most deranged version of Ice Wall.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There were a few days of reveals that weren't shared, including Black Yuu with Damemon and Tuwarmon, but I'm just gonna share tonight's reveals, because they contain the other secret rare.

quote:

Shoutmon
Rookie | Data | Mini Dragon/Xros Heart

[Digivolve: 0 from Lv. 2 if <Save> in description]
[On Deletion] <Save>.
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has <Save> in its description, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 4000 DP or less.

quote:

OmniShoutmon BT12-014 C <02>
Ultimate | Data | Dragonkin / Xros Heart

[Digivolve: 3 from level 4 with <Save> in description]

[When Digivolving] Choose any number of your opponent's Digimon whose total DP adds up to 4000 or less and delete them. For every 2 digivolution cards of this Digimon, add 3000 to the maximum DP you can choose with this DP deletion effect.

[Your Turn] When this Digimon has 4 or more digivolution cards, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1>.
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has <Save> in its description, delete 1 of your opponent's DP 4000 or less Digimon.

quote:

Taiki Kudo BT12-087 R <02>
Hunter | Xros Heart

[Start of Your Main Phase] By placing 1 Digimon card with <Save> in its card text from your hand under this Tamer, <Draw 1>.
[Your Turn] When your Digimon would digivolve into a Digimon card with <Save> in its card text, by suspending this Tamer placing 1 card from under your Tamers at the bottom of that Digimon's digivolution cards, reduce the digivolution cost by 1.
-----
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

quote:

Shoutmon X7: Superior Mode BT12-112 SEC <02>
Mega | Data | Composite / Xros Heart / Blue Flare

When this card would be played, by placing 1 of your [Shoutmon] in play in this Digimon's digivolution cards, reduce the play cost by 1, and you may also place cards in trash as digivolution cards for DigiXros.

[On Play] Return the digivolution cards of 1 of your opponent's Digimon to the bottom of deck in any order, and return that Digimon to the bottom of deck.

[Your Turn] All of your opponent's Option card's [Security] effects do not activate.

[DigiXros -1: ∞ Digimon cards with different card numbers and [Xros Heart] or [Blue Flare] in their traits]

quote:

Final Xros Blade BT12-100 R <02>
Xros Heart

[Main] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon. Then, unsuspend 1 of your [Shoutmon X7: Superior Mode] in play, and that Digimon may attack your opponent.
-----
[Security] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

X7: Superior Mode seems pretty solid. On play botdeck that also botdecks sources, passive ADP. It's going to be virtually impossible to play for free because of the DigiXros conditions, but you can theoretically do it. There are more than enough distinct Xros Heart and Blue Flare traited Digimon cards to pull it off, but you're gonna have to build your deck kinda strangely to do it, maybe including extra mats as one-ofs just for the purpose of making this thing.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

X7S was about what I expected honestly. He's a nice bow on top of the Xros Heart deck, and given that there's a decent chance this is officially it for Xros Wars? Not a bad way to go out.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I am so very tired of Xros Wars and Save/Digi Xros is the absolute loving worst so hopefully we’re done with Xros for a long long time

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Partial white feels so weird to see.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

Partial white feels so weird to see.

Shoutmon X7 is Red/White, which actually makes this weirder, because the colors are flipped.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

RevolverDivider posted:

I am so very tired of Xros Wars and Save/Digi Xros is the absolute loving worst so hopefully we’re done with Xros for a long long time

My suspicion has always been that since Xros Wars has never been popular the reason they ran three sets in a row covering it so extensively (well, "extensively", BT11 and 12 spent at least half a set each on completely unrelated things) was primarily done so they can say they are finished with it and will never ever ever return to it. This is the bone being thrown at the fans of it, it's them going enjoy it! Because that's all. You are never getting anything from us ever again.

And personally I'll be quite happy if we never see a Shoutmon ever again.

King of Solomon posted:

Shoutmon X7 is Red/White, which actually makes this weirder, because the colors are flipped.

This I chalk up to White originally being the "multicolor" color, hence why it was the color used for Omegamon all the way back in BT1. My original pitch for X7S was for it to just be every color, but if they aren't going to do it/couldn't do it/weren't going to bother for a Xros Wars Digimon it being White/Red with the emphasis on the White part is an okay compromise to get across that it's made up of gobs of Digimon of different colors.

Meanwhile, in an edit about a show I like, RB-01, the reprint set has apparently confirmed to contain 36 new cards, with an emphasis on Ghost Game Digimon and Tamers. Confirmed in it is Siriusmon as well as the Ultimates for Jellymon and Angoramon.

https://twitter.com/digicaplayer/status/1589520909593083904

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Watched the latest episode. Kind of a heartbreaker! I hope Mei and Riku are able to make up, but I kind of doubt they will.

Man, Ghost Game has so many good ideas and characters that I wish it would return to more often.

Anyways, I’ve been thinking of changing my avatar here. Should it be using the card for Mushroomon or RedVegiemon?

Text: Keep on Shroomin’

I’d need ideas for this one. I’m thinking “A Veggie That Bites Back”