Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

This is a good trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If the show had been called Netflix Presents: The Kid With The Glowing Fist I might have liked it more.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Did I see a hallway fight there?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rougey posted:

Did I see a hallway fight there?

Yeah and Danny didn't look like total poo poo in it.

I did laugh at him getting clowned on by Luke near the beginning.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Skipping over the failure of Iron Fist, I am so ready for Defenders. I think I may even like Danny Rand if he is just the eager youngster the other three just clown on all the time.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Parkingtigers posted:

Skipping over the failure of Iron Fist, I am so ready for Defenders. I think I may even like Danny Rand if he is just the eager youngster the other three just clown on all the time.

I got excited about Defenders when the trailer showed me the other, better characters. Iron Fist was really draining for my enthusiasm.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iron Fist will be a lot better when he's in a show made by people who know how to do action, and the plot doesn't revolve around his stupid rear end. Hopefully the actor had some time to hit the gym, and by now can at least hold a tree pose without visibly trembling.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Iron Fist and Luke Cage were okay, we are spoiled by Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Honestly, I would prefer a Luke and Danny teamup show to their solo outings, but...

\/\/\/ Yeah, I agree.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 3, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The more often other characters make fun of every aspect of Danny Rand, the better the show will be.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 3, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
How the gently caress did the person who did the last season of Dexter ever get a chance to do another TV show is beyond me.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dreylad posted:

How the gently caress did the person who did the last season of Dexter ever get a chance to do another TV show is beyond me.

And ANOTHER one soon! He's the showrunner on Marvel's Inhumans as well. Can't wait to see a show about the Inhuman culture with only vague references to Attilan, 2 second flashbacks to Terrigenesis, and Black Bolt struggling to use his shouting power.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That was actually pretty cool.

Javid posted:

Nobu is perma-dead according to the rules we've been given about the Hand's immortality magic.

How is that? He just got a little scorched. I can see him coming back all horribly scarred as a way to haunt Daredevil for his whole murdering a dude thing that he has a rule against**

**Rooftops full of ninjas don't count I guess.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Are you talking about Nobu or someone else? Nobu got beheaded by Stick.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Oh. I have trouble remembering anything from the second half of season 2 beyond the inverse ninja law. I should probably rewatch it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Levantine posted:

Yeah and Danny didn't look like total poo poo in it.

https://twitter.com/daniel_switzer/status/859768374947184640

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
That trailer makes me wary but it has potential to be good. There was a lot packed in there though it was really frantic.

I'm just gonna put my expectations in the grave for this one. If it manages to be Not loving Terrible I'll be okay but considering the showrunners are the guys who failed to juggle Daredevil my expectations just aren't that high.

I just want something that was as good as the first season of Daredevil but that just doesn't look super likely.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I do kind of love that they are doing a hallway fight with all four of them.

I have high hopes (maybe misplaced, but let me enjoy them) that Defenders will redeem Danny a bit. Youthful, naive, stickers under the desk Danny is the logical choice for his place in the team. You've got wise-before-his-time Cage, cynical AF Jones, and actual trained lawyer grown-up Murdock. Of course Danny would be the energetic and Tiggerish kid who supplies the energy but who has so much to learn from the others.

Yes, they might gently caress this up, but right now I want to believe they got this.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 3, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

notthegoatseguy posted:

And ANOTHER one soon! He's the showrunner on Marvel's Inhumans as well. Can't wait to see a show about the Inhuman culture with only vague references to Attilan, 2 second flashbacks to Terrigenesis, and Black Bolt struggling to use his shouting power.

oh god no. and coming off the success story that is agents of shield.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I wonder how they'll handle the fighting when it's evidently going to be more supernatural than before, given how mediocre the fight choreography has been lately.

Hopefully the supernatural aspect will make it easier for them to do something and not harder.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So maybe we won't have another season of Daredevil with Elektra in it? That would be nice.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dreylad posted:

oh god no. and coming off the success story that is agents of shield.

Scott Buck has nothing to do with AOS. And hell, the one good (for Iron Fist) Iron Fist episode with a decent fight scene was directed by a guy who also does really good fight scenes in his AOS episodes.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Scott Buck has nothing to do with AOS. And hell, the one good (for Iron Fist) Iron Fist episode with a decent fight scene was directed by a guy who also does really good fight scenes in his AOS episodes.

I'm really bummed that we're probably not getting more AoS after this season and getting a Scott Buck led Inhumans instead. Truly, the darkest timeline.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oh. I have trouble remembering anything from the second half of season 2 beyond the inverse ninja law. I should probably rewatch it.

I think you just explained why you actually shouldn't.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Resurrektra looks like a good mid boss, who they might turn into a 'lives to fight another day' type of nuisance.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

notthegoatseguy posted:

I meant more that Inhumans seems like it's going to take over from AOS on ABC given current rumours that AOS is getting one more season

It could be coincidence but right after Daredevil came out AOS really started to up its action sequence game (I think the first episode it was noticeable was actually a director who had worked on Daredevil).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The trailer looks pretty fun and good. Jessica snarking at everything is my weakness, I admit it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

notthegoatseguy posted:

I didn't know RZA directed some AOS episodes.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Gyges posted:

I didn't know RZA directed some AOS episodes.

He's directed 8 episodes since 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1160495/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The trailer confirms the most important thing, that Jessica kind of hates Danny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dreylad posted:

We're lucky Danny wasn't followed around by the ghost of his father, saying aloud every little plot development.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The trailer confirms the most important thing, that Jessica kind of hates Danny.

Jessica Jones is the snarky audience insert.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There's just something about Krysten Ritter that when she calls someone an idiot, I fully believe that she truly means it from the bottom of her heart.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I predict people are going to chill on Danny quite a bit in Defenders when Jessica spends the whole season clowning on him and Luke and Matt treat him like their annoying little brother.

Part of the problem Iron Fist had was that there wasn't anyone there to really confirm to the audience that Danny was a big old dork that was supposed to be kind of annoying. Claire came close but then she just got sucked into the heroics of it all. Ward was there but he was a crazy drug addict killing his father and framing people. Joy spent the whole season dancing around it but then overshot way too much at the end.

Danny needed a sidekick/partner who knew he was a good guy but still put him in his place and now he has three.

I mean, people will still hate Danny but now they'll feel like its more part of the character than just a reaction to the character/actor's flaws.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 3, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianWilly posted:

There's just something about Krysten Ritter that when she calls someone an idiot, I fully believe that she truly means it from the bottom of her heart.

We actually grew up in the same area. Nobody quite raises their children to angry bitterness like North East PA.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

We actually grew up in the same area. Nobody quite raises their children to angry bitterness like North East PA.

Can confirm.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

It's only gonna be 8 episodes, Jessica is gonna make fun of everything, and Luke/Danny and Jessica/Matt look like good pairings for the opening episodes. The Hand is still bad and I'm kind of worried that they'll waste Sigourney Weaver, but I still expect this to be fun.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BrianWilly posted:

I'm the one who's still pissed Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 got cancelled. There are literally dozens of us!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm the one who's still pissed Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 got cancelled. There are literally dozens of us!

I hate to break it to you but James Van Der Beek turned out to be a creep and June changed her name to Hope.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Zythrst posted:

This is a good trailer.

Yeah, I don't know. All it did for me was make want more Daredevil, Kingpin and Punisher for a "Born Again" take. DD is by far my favorite not only of the 4 Netflix shows but even most of the Marvel movies and I'm really anxious to see what they do with Bullseye too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

double negative posted:

It's only gonna be 8 episodes, Jessica is gonna make fun of everything, and Luke/Danny and Jessica/Matt look like good pairings for the opening episodes. The Hand is still bad and I'm kind of worried that they'll waste Sigourney Weaver, but I still expect this to be fun.

The Hand was only bad in Daredevil because nothing they did made sense or was explained. They were bad in Iron Fist, because all of the mystery around them was completely dropped and it turns out they just sell drugs/run summer camps.

They got Elektra back for Defenders, which means they're bringing back the magic, and hopefully they'll have to actually explain what's going on this time, since "The Defenders team up to fight the Hand" is the main plot.