Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
having the emu on the coat of arms was a condition of their win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

VICTORY, BUT AT WHAT PRICE?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Centurions are the most tank looking tank of all tanks aren't they

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Karate Bastard posted:

Same with school children.

Unless it’s on private land, then they’re fair game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

By popular demand posted:

VICTORY, BUT AT WHAT PRICE?

Fresh in our memories.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Air Skwirl posted:

So a possum is Australia's equivalent the bald eagle? I thought it would be a kangaroo or a koala bear. Also I think it'd be pretty hard to kill a bald eagle with a shovel, since you know, they can fly.

just use the shovel to close the dumpster. this is also a metaphor for our country. someone close the dumpster we have gotten ourselves into.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

NorgLyle posted:

My wife and I were browsing through Max this weekend and ran across a show called 'Yellowstone Wardens' all about Park Rangers and Wardens and I can sadly confirm that APRAB as well.

Animal Planet has several game warden shows.

Lone Star Law
North Woods Law
Northwest Law
Louisiana Law
Yellowstone Wardens
Wardens of the North

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I want a cd where they make songs about humans losing to animals now. They'll have to include the town in Massachusetts(?) that went full libertarian and was overrun by bears.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

limp_cheese posted:

I want a cd where they make songs about humans losing to animals now. They'll have to include the town in Massachusetts(?) that went full libertarian and was overrun by bears.

New Hampshire. They have a perennial libertarian problem up there

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

https://newrepublic.com/article/159662/libertarian-walks-into-bear-book-review-free-town-project

quote:

But tracking headlines on human-bear encounters in New England in his capacity as a regional journalist in the 2000s, Hongoltz-Hetling noticed something distressing: The black bears in Grafton were not like other black bears. Singularly “bold,” they started hanging out in yards and on patios in broad daylight. Most bears avoid loud noises; these casually ignored the efforts of Graftonites to run them off. Chickens and sheep began to disappear at alarming rates. Household pets went missing, too. One Graftonite was playing with her kittens on her lawn when a bear bounded out of the woods, grabbed two of them, and scarfed them down. Soon enough, the bears were hanging out on porches and trying to enter homes.

Seems to me the bears learned everything American Libertarianism has to teach.

E: Oh my https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafton%2C_New_Hampshire#Free_Town_Project

quote:

After a rash of lawsuits from Free Towners, an influx of sex offenders, an increase of crime, problems with bold local bears, and the first murders in the town's history, the Libertarian project ended in 2016.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 18:19 on May 13, 2024

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

Huh. I know exactly one person from New Hampshire and this actually explains a few things about him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wash bucket posted:

Huh. I know exactly one person from New Hampshire and this actually explains a few things about him.

Live Free or Die

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

By popular demand posted:

After a rash of lawsuits from Free Towners, an influx of sex offenders, an increase of crime, problems with bold local bears, and the first murders in the town's history, the Libertarian project ended in 2016.

That's a hell of a sentence. Libertarians, not even once.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

more like Grift-on NH

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sdbn7uF0e11s1ddrj.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sdbfpjpJFw1qigfjt.mp4

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

pig look at this huge bail

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the pig falls website

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snergle posted:

just use the shovel to close the dumpster. this is also a metaphor for our country. someone close the dumpster we have gotten ourselves into.

What are they doing on top of that cybertruck?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

snergle posted:

congress eh folks? :dadjoke:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The best part about that is that one of the biggest libertarians in the area became the areas fire chief because no one else wanted to do it and he was the only one with first hand experience of how bad fires can be, and ends up getting ostracized by the entire community for citationing people for doing things like setting fire to garbage right next to huge tracts of dry grass or woodland, or next to their (primarily wooden) house.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

That news article sure likes the smell of its own farts, I don't miss that style of journalism at all (modern SEO trash is worse, mind). Thankfully the wikipedia article gets to the point quickly - the poor locals =/

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/FzZAAOQ.mp4

edit:

https://i.imgur.com/oHbopvR.mp4

Trabant has a new favorite as of 03:57 on May 14, 2024

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Elastic bands are the MVP of this thread I swear to God

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Most Vesicle Pulverisations?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol there's a video and inevitably, a song

https://twitter.com/Noshu4me/status...number%3D89pti9

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

On that day he PSed a cop, good for him.
We should all aspire to have such productive days.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/hammerito/status/1790013122868113677

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I always will remember - it was a year ago November - I went out to hunt some deer on a morning bright and clear. I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow: two game wardens, seven hunters, and a cow. I was in no mood to trifle. I took down my trusty rifle and went out to stalk my prey. What a haul I made that day! I tied them to my fender, and I drove them home somehow.

The law was very firm. It took away my permit - the worst punishment I'd ever endured. It turned out there was a reason: cows were out of season, and one of the hunters wasn't insured :rolleyes:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That cop looks like a bleedin' neanderthal.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
For crying out loud

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Personal schadenfreude would be seeing an anti-union person complain that his company is screwing him over and charging him 150€ a month now for parking.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Hyperlynx posted:

I always will remember - it was a year ago November - I went out to hunt some deer on a morning bright and clear. I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow: two game wardens, seven hunters, and a cow. I was in no mood to trifle. I took down my trusty rifle and went out to stalk my prey. What a haul I made that day! I tied them to my fender, and I drove them home somehow.

The law was very firm. It took away my permit - the worst punishment I'd ever endured. It turned out there was a reason: cows were out of season, and one of the hunters wasn't insured :rolleyes:

How'd you do it?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

you would think that the bears would help solve that problem

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Howard Beale posted:

How'd you do it?

There's nothing to it! You just stand there looking cute, and when something moves you shoot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

There's nothing to it! You just stand there looking cute, and when something moves you shoot.

Do you get any questions about the ten stuffed heads on your trophy wall?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Regular Wario posted:

you would think that the bears would help solve that problem

That's why the right to arm bears is so important.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

goddamn just link the song, it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyoSLOlglw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

His Divine Shadow posted:

Personal schadenfreude would be seeing an anti-union person complain that his company is screwing him over and charging him 150€ a month now for parking.

I will never stop finding it funny when "we don't need unions because of how smart we are" tech bros get hosed over by their companies.

I'd have sympathy if they learned their lessons, but they never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I will never stop finding it funny when "we don't need unions because of how smart we are" tech bros get hosed over by their companies.

I'd have sympathy if they learned their lessons, but they never do.

Mr Blockchain