Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

It's such a good biek.

gently caress yeah. Got your Clarke tank and Wolfman luggage yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Coydog posted:

It's such a good biek.

I want a tractor... I remember test riding one of these and it was great.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
First ride up in the hills

It feels heavier than my old FZ-07, tons of fun though. Have to deal with weekend drivers though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8C5_XxReE

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Quick with the (well deserved) finger there! Also, that bike looks rad AF.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Do the other side with Revzilla stickers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

mad.radhu posted:

It feels heavier than my old FZ-07, tons of fun though. Have to deal with weekend drivers though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8C5_XxReE

it sounds like a spaceship in this video

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

First ride up in the hills

Looks great! I was about to get that color but my Girlfriend convinced me to get red :v:..

Sagebrush posted:

it sounds like a spaceship in this video

The stock exhaust seriously sounds like a jetsons space car.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
This weekend (including Friday) kinda sucked, but there is nothing that ends things on a positive note like a monster supermoto with new rubber in an urban sprawl. It was a good ride, with lots of shenanigans.

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
Finally got the KLX converted over to sumo trim. Took it out this afternoon for a little while and holy hell, completely different bike now.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Quick afternoon ride just now

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Coydog posted:

This weekend (including Friday) kinda sucked, but there is nothing that ends things on a positive note like a monster supermoto with new rubber in an urban sprawl. It was a good ride, with lots of shenanigans.

Looove those graphics!!! Did you do that yourself?

also hi thread say hello to bike #3, a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 :woop:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Nice; is that like a naked R6?

I've never ridden one of those.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Yep! It originally looked like this with a cowling but the previous owner crashed it and so I streetfighter'd it rather than loving around with new plastics.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's almost embarrassing how much better it looks without the cowl.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I haven't wrecked it yet guys... but I also haven't ridden it as much as I had planned either. I did survive riding in pouring raid with my glasses fogging up a few weeks ago. Last Sunday was perfect weather when I snapped a pic.

I really want to put bar end mirrors on soon. The stock ones suck balls.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

my thoughts exactly.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I always liked the fizzers and they aren't very much different engine wise than the R6. I know it's a "detuned" package, but it's barely detuned as far as my butt dyno is concerned.

You should consider putting a round headlight conversion kit on that thing. The bike would be perfect after that IMO.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

captainOrbital posted:

Isn't it based on the old Thundercat engine and frame? Probably a much better engine for that application anyway.

e: Quick Google suggests it's based on the older-generation R6 engine now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Fifty Three posted:

naked bikes best bikes

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

naked bikes best bikes

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Naked bikes are great if you don't go over 45mph or under 45 degrees F.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Naked bikes are great if you don't go over 45mph or under 45 degrees F.

yeah if you're a pencil-necked softboy

M42
Nov 12, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

waa waa the air hurts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Lmao at not wanting to go on the highway on a naked bike. I commuted on the freeway on a 250 scooter today. I stop riding when there's ice on the ground

:cmon:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo son

:Vince McMahon falling out of chair .gif:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

waa waa the air hurts

This is what fairings-havers actually believe.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've ridden from New England to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Tennessee on a naked bike from 1956, I'm well acquainted with what it feels like. It's annoying. If it's all you've had, maybe you've convinced yourself that annoying isn't annoying, the way KLR owners do.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I've had both a full fairing and windshield. It's just better out in the open.

MAH FREEDUMS

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

F. ur bieks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've ridden from New England to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Tennessee on a naked bike from 1956, I'm well acquainted with what it feels like. It's annoying. If it's all you've had, maybe you've convinced yourself that annoying isn't annoying, the way KLR owners do.

Maybe you should just get a car.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I like my double bubble windscreen, especially since I never remember to wear ear plugs. Half tuck gets me pretty much out of the wind, though I don't usually bother unless it's been a longer ride.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Chichevache posted:

Maybe you should just get a car.

Or ride newer bikes :shrug:

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Never understood the Harley guys that build choppers with ape hangers above their heads and forward controlls so wide they rival an ob-gyn chair. The rider balloons out, looking not to unlike a flying squirrel hanging on to the bike, getting buffeted and poo poo beaten out of them by the wind. I own a Vmax and a Shadow Aero 1100 for cruisers and after 120 miles you're pretty done, so I can't imagine the torture those dipshits subject themselves to.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

waa waa the air hurts

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

My V-Strom was awful with the windscreen on it because it caused huge buffeting to the helmet because I am apparently too tall. If I slouched a lot then I could get into the peace and harmony that was the behind-windscreen air bubble. Then I took the windscreen off and it became an all-round better more enjoyable bike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I use the turbulence from my windscreen to scrape water off my visor when riding in the rain.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

I use the turbulence from my windscreen to scrape water off my visor when riding in the rain.

A good tip, I do this all the time too.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wonder if this varies helmet to helmet? On a naked bike I need to be going at least 80km/h and merely looking to the right and left is enough to clear the visor of any amount of rain.

On faired bikes it's often much more difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Wonder if this varies helmet to helmet? On a naked bike I need to be going at least 80km/h and merely looking to the right and left is enough to clear the visor of any amount of rain.

On faired bikes it's often much more difficult.

Aerodynamics are weird.