Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The VATs not attacking bug has nothing to do with which mods you have installed and everything to do with how *(&%^$$ infuriating it is when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I've noticed on one of my recent playthroughs that some NPC voices aren't working. They seem kinda random, Boone is silent, but so are nobodies like easy pete and ringo at the beginning. anyone know a fix?

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
If you've got mods installed its probably a foreign mod pointing to foreign voice files for them that aren't there or something, or at least thats usually what it is when it happens to me in Bethesda games.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that makes it so the Van Graff's don't hate me once I complete Cassidy's companion quest?

The correct course of action is to steal all their guns and then take the guard job and let the suicide bomber in before you even meet Cass, so I don't know what you're talking about. :colbert:

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

The Y2K problem? Well, I've created a very large microwave. It's about two hundred square...cubic , cubic yards. New Years eve, I intend to enter this

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that makes it so the Van Graff's don't hate me once I complete Cassidy's companion quest?

This might work. I can't vouch for if it works or not; I haven't done a run where I do the non-violent solution to that quest.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

sean10mm posted:

The correct course of action is to steal all their guns and then take the guard job and let the suicide bomber in before you even meet Cass, so I don't know what you're talking about. :colbert:

I know they're terrible people in every sense of the word but I can't help but like them. Plus being an easily accessible energy weapons merchant doesn't hurt either.

Dugan Nash posted:

This might work. I can't vouch for if it works or not; I haven't done a run where I do the non-violent solution to that quest.

Thank you, I'll give this a try.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a console command to only reset a single npc's dialogue?

ResetDialogueFlags indiscriminately affects everybody in the whole game, breaking a whole lot of other stuff.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011
The more I play RFCW the more I'd advise against bothering with it. I spent the first couple hours having a blast, enjoying the more widespread human hostiles and abundance of guns and ammo to pew pew my way through DC, but it's already starting to feel like a chore. Enemies, robots in particular, feel OWB levels of bullet spongey. The quests are all pretty dry - I'm having serious difficulty engaging with anything, it just feels like I'm running through on auto-pilot by this point. I will never give a gently caress about the Mechanist, the Antagonizer, or Liam Neeson and I was stupid to think that I might.

If you're desperate to play some DLC you didn't bother with when you actually played F3 (in my case, Point Lookout), go for it just to get some closure. Maybe Tale of Two Wastelands'll be better.

Whelp. Time to load up my pre-DC save.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Beaumont posted:

The more I play RFCW the more I'd advise against bothering with it. I spent the first couple hours having a blast, enjoying the more widespread human hostiles and abundance of guns and ammo to pew pew my way through DC, but it's already starting to feel like a chore. Enemies, robots in particular, feel OWB levels of bullet spongey. The quests are all pretty dry - I'm having serious difficulty engaging with anything, it just feels like I'm running through on auto-pilot by this point. I will never give a gently caress about the Mechanist, the Antagonizer, or Liam Neeson and I was stupid to think that I might.

If you're desperate to play some DLC you didn't bother with when you actually played F3 (in my case, Point Lookout), go for it just to get some closure. Maybe Tale of Two Wastelands'll be better.

Whelp. Time to load up my pre-DC save.

No matter how well-made the mods are (RFCW, TTW, etc.) it can't make up for the fact that the difference between compelling quests and braindead dialogue is a manhole in the Mojave desert. :science:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No matter how well-made the mods are (RFCW, TTW, etc.) it can't make up for the fact that the difference between compelling quests and braindead dialogue is a manhole in the Mojave desert. :science:

There is a manhole in the dessert?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kharmakazy posted:

There is a manhole in the dessert?

I think it was RFCW, but it added access to the DC Wasteland (Fo3) via a manhole. I guess you slog through several thousand miles of poo.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think it was RFCW, but it added access to the DC Wasteland (Fo3) via a manhole. I guess you slog through several thousand miles of poo.

Setting you up for what to expect once you get there.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just been going through some screenshots.

Supposedly the worse thing you can do to the Legion is look up their man-skirts.

Faulty Stealthboy.

By far the best power armour. :colbert:

Can't help myself.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I finally got Lombard Station, which looks amazing, but the ammo shelves don't populate any of the ammo I put in the crates. Is there a common fix for this? The only mods other than DLC I'm running which could affect ammo are maybe WME and Gtab's Improved Ammo TFR Master.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.
Does the Strip Open mod mess with many of the Strip related quests? I know I should hold off activating it until I've done the opening business with Victor and the Lucky 38, but after that am I OK to leave it on?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Is it shameful to ask that my mod be added to the OP? It makes the Explorer perk reveal locations as they are added to your game, instead of the one time reveal with the perk. It's also included in NVEC for those already running that mod.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

I finally got Lombard Station, which looks amazing, but the ammo shelves don't populate any of the ammo I put in the crates. Is there a common fix for this? The only mods other than DLC I'm running which could affect ammo are maybe WME and Gtab's Improved Ammo TFR Master.

Gtab's mod won't gently caress with the scripts in Lombard, though check your inventory for Hull plastic and brass when you're done messing with ammo. Two things: Use the clipboard on the desk, there's a button on it that does it. it's not automatic.

Two, make sure that Lombard Station.esp is above all the others. For whatever reason, when FOMM likes putting it on the bottom when you first install it/auto sort it. It won't cause a crash but it makes it behave strangely and breaks all the scripts in my experience.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I got it working, I'm just dumb. It was my failure to use the clipboard. Kept using the chests instead. Oops...

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So who I gotta kill to make an Armory supported version of Lombard Station? Omnicarus is too busy it seems. You'll get support from us in terms of any custom mesh hacks you need to make the job easier or better... :keke:

(worth a shot eh?)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I bet if you killed a man named "wallet" he could be convinced.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

So who I gotta kill to make an Armory supported version of Lombard Station? Omnicarus is too busy it seems. You'll get support from us in terms of any custom mesh hacks you need to make the job easier or better... :keke:

(worth a shot eh?)

Who do I have to kill for a Project Neveda patch and/or CFW patch. And one for Gtab's ammo master. I might actually try to figure out the scripting thing just for that.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
Is there any hope of there ever being a "cut-down" version of The Armory? As in, only containing weapons that realistically could have been common enough in the western states before the war, that they still continue to be found in the Mojave? I like the work put into the mod, but it's incredibly jarring to pick up an L85 (or any other weapon that has never made it into the US) off a dead Powder Ganger.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 2, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The King of Swag posted:

Is there any hope of there ever being a "cut-down" version of The Armory? As in, only containing weapons that realistically could have been common enough in the western states before the war, that they still continue to be found in the Mojave? I like the work put into the mod, but it's incredibly jarring to pick up an L85 (or any other weapon that has never made it into the US) off a dead Powder Ganger.

We won't do one, but that doesn't stop anyone from making a version of the leveled lists plugin that does exactly that. The ESM is literally just a resource to draw from. It was built in such a way to support people's mods based on it and such. 'Course, that hasn't really happened much... but it's possible! :haw:

Keep in mind that if people submit their Armory supported mods, we'll heavily consider including it with the rest of the optional esps for the official releases.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Naky posted:

We won't do one, but that doesn't stop anyone from making a version of the leveled lists plugin that does exactly that. The ESM is literally just a resource to draw from. It was built in such a way to support people's mods based on it and such. 'Course, that hasn't really happened much... but it's possible! :haw:

Keep in mind that if people submit their Armory supported mods, we'll heavily consider including it with the rest of the optional esps for the official releases.

I know just enough about modding Gamebryo engine games to be dangerous; I might give it a whirl and try removing anything that "doesn't belong".

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The King of Swag posted:

I know just enough about modding Gamebryo engine games to be dangerous; I might give it a whirl and try removing anything that "doesn't belong".

To be fair, fallout has always been very weird about guns. It wasn't until Fallout Tactics that the games even had an AK-47 and even then there were... oddities. Fallout 2 had the L86 in it, and no AR-15 pattern things. Alternate Timeline and stuff, y'know? Look at the listings for Classic Fallout Weapons, which are all guns from Fallout 1/2 And Tactics. Look at the calibers. Look at the M14 in .303

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Here's a mod that might fit nicely into the OP: Classic Companion Configurator. I haven't actually tried it out, but the idea is promising and the comments are pretty positive.

Edit: Also, minor nitpick on the LPAM mod? Is it possible to make it so the soldiers don't wear the metro helmet at the same time as the soldier facewrap armor?

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 2, 2012

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
Hm. First time playing Dead Money on PC. Is it supposed to run this lovely, even on higher-end PCs? Hopefully it's not some mod affecting it.

Drake Lake fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 2, 2012

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

The King of Swag posted:

Done, or at least I hope. It took forever to go through the entire list of weapons and decide which needed to go. A quick test shows that it doesn't crash my game, but I don't know if this will actually stop the unwanted weapons from showing up in the world. What I did was remove the unwanted weapons from the leveled lists.

File: The Armory - Concise Leveled Lists
Update: Forgot to change firing animation for weapons converted to semi-auto. They should work fine now.

Criteria to remove a weapon

• Never used or imported into the US in appreciable numbers.
Exceptions
- Curios or Relic
- Chinese issued copies.
• Weapon never made it out of prototyping.
• Weapon never produced in usable quantities.
• Fake weapon from another game.
• Another terrible katana/tanto/eastern bladed weapon.

Notes: Energy weapons largely left as is, since they're supposed to be fantastical in nature.

Removed weapons:

• A35 Auto Grenade Launcher
• Auto Assault-12
• Armsel Striker
• AK-103
• AK-313
• AK-5
• AKS-74u
• AKS
• AN-94
• AS Val
• Steyr Aug
• Avenger XR-2
• Baur-54 HAR
• Black Crow
• BK-13 Machine Pistol
• Beretta 93R
• Magpul Masada
• Broadsword (All)
• Barrett REC7
• Colt 9mm NATO
• Chakram
• Claws
• Cutlass (All)
• Damoclese
• Katana (All)
• Tanto (All)
• Dragon Blade
• Wakizashi (All)
• Epee
• FAMAS
• FN-Orion
• Glock 18c
• HK G36c
• HK 416
• HK 417
• HK CAWS
• HK G11
• HK G41
• HK PSG1
• IMI Galatz
• IMI Galil MAR
• Jutte
• KAC PDW
• KAC SR-47
• Kama
• Katar
• Light loving Sabers (All; Seriously, in New Vegas?)
• Beretta M12
• M14 EBR
• M9200 Shuriken (Mass Effect pistol)
• Brόgger & Thomet MP9
• Walther MPL
• MRC (Caseless Prototype)
• Mr. Sword
• OC-14 Grota
• OTS-33
• Pancor Jackhammer
• PKM
• PP-19 Bizon
• PP-2000
• R95 Shredder Rifle
• RPK-74
• RPzB 54 Panzerschreck
• L85A2
• Shrike Ares
• Shuriken
• HK SL8
• Sako M95
• Sig 552
• Stenchkin APS
• Tavor TAR-21
• USAS-12
• Vltor SBR Tactical
• VSS Vintorez
• vz.48b
• W-13 Warhammer
• WA-2000
• HK XM8
• Zastava M77
• LMR 300 Carbine

Changed to Semi-Auto:
(usually because civilian variant is most common in the US)

• All AK variants
• All non-military AR variants
• All AR variants with a civilian model
• FN2000
• FN FAL
• FN FNC
• FN SCAR
• HK 1911
• HK G3A4
• IMI Galil
• Kriss Vector
• PS90
• vz. 82 Skorpion

Renamed:

Dragunov SVD to Norinco Type-79

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 2, 2012

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Awesome - I'll give it a spin now. Even though I'm starting an energy weapon Courier it'll be nice to have bandits using more sensible weaponry.

Edit: speaking as a moron, I assume I should only remove the Armoury Leveled List esp and not the DLC leveled lists?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 2, 2012

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Rather Dashing posted:

Awesome - I'll give it a spin now. Even though I'm starting an energy weapon Courier it'll be nice to have bandits using more sensible weaponry.

Edit: speaking as a moron, I assume I should only remove the Armoury Leveled List esp and not the DLC leveled lists?

As far as I can tell, only the main leveled list esp has the leveled lists that I changed (conditional lists, which get checked to determine if a weapon should be added to the loot), so you still need the DLC lists (which should be unaffected). I'm afraid you'll need to re-download though; you caught it before I uploaded it with the animation fix.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 2, 2012

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Looks like I'll be tossing The Armory into the mix tonight. I am absolutely loving my playthrough with Project Realism and Project Nevada, plus the DLC. Would The Armory horribly break anything with the DLC? Or should it pretty much be OK?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I haven't done any DLC, but I've had no problems with the Armory in the 6 hrs I have been playing with it. I think the only mods it could conflict with are ones that alter the leveled lists (and I don't seem to be having trouble with that even using Project Nevada and some other weapon packs).

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

SquadronROE posted:

Looks like I'll be tossing The Armory into the mix tonight. I am absolutely loving my playthrough with Project Realism and Project Nevada, plus the DLC. Would The Armory horribly break anything with the DLC? Or should it pretty much be OK?

The Armoury comes with DLC specific lists so you'll be fine.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

-snip-

EDIT: Never mind, way too big of a download for my poor connection.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 2, 2012

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just started a Science! run and I'm noticing that my energy beams are curving in on my targets - I had always assumed things like Project Nevada and the CSawyer mod disabled autoaim. I'm hesitant to install something like this as I'm afraid it'll conflict with my rebalance files. Any suggestions? Am I plum wrong?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Rather Dashing posted:

Just started a Science! run and I'm noticing that my energy beams are curving in on my targets - I had always assumed things like Project Nevada and the CSawyer mod disabled autoaim. I'm hesitant to install something like this as I'm afraid it'll conflict with my rebalance files. Any suggestions? Am I plum wrong?
It's something you can't turn off without several off-the-wall tweaks, unfortunately.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I think it's less a matter of auto aim and more a matter of your character's skills.

Supershuttle
Aug 15, 2009
Will I have any problems with Armory running alongside WMX?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Rather Dashing posted:

If that bothers you you should see the absolutely ridiculous throws with a character that has high explosives skill in VATS. Sometimes the grenades will just defy physics and helpfully float besides your target until they explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Police Automaton posted:

If that bothers you you should see the absolutely ridiculous throws with a character that has high explosives skill in VATS. Sometimes the grenades will just defy physics and helpfully float besides your target until they explode.

I figured stuff like that was going on with my Guns runs but the illusion was hidden well enough. You can actually see the energy beams change course midway to their target in this case.

It doesn't really bother me, would just be nice to turn it off outside of VATs.