Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

BigFactory posted:

Mine has the same runout. Whatever, people are dumb.

But if you price it at $240 that means there is something AMAZING about that particular copy. /audiophilelogic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Doctor Cave posted:

But if you price it at $240 that means there is something AMAZING about that particular copy. /audiophilelogic

Or it could just be a mistake

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Just preordered the It Follows soundtrack. A great movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Sound exchange. And they would let you look they just had to open them for you. Every loving record in a outer sleeve had a DO NOT OPEN YOURSELF sticker on it.

Plus any record over like 30 bucks was behind the counter and they had a print out of the album in the bin. Kinda like buying a game at GameStop.

I've been to only one record store that had this policy. They are no longer in business.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

CPL593H posted:

I've been to only one record store that had this policy. They are no longer in business.

same, but instead they have two stores now

yes, it is a yes album, and yes, i am ashamed

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

strap on revenge posted:

same, but instead they have two stores now

yes, it is a yes album, and yes, i am ashamed

The fact that they sealed it is bad enough, but putting "collectable vinyl" on that label makes it seem like they can't for one second understand that people actually listen to these.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No Egrets posted:

Just preordered the It Follows soundtrack. A great movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

I want this.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vinyl trash update: new load today, this time strewn all across the sidewalk. This guy really must not like his own releases! I guess I don't either, all the 7"s I picked up yesterday are the wishy-washiest of light pop.

Yeah that's probably dog poo poo in the green bag.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Thanks for the recommendations. Daddy kool was great. Probably the best new selection I've seen at a store.

Planet retro and the banana warehouse were closed today so no luck there.

Bananas main shop is fun. It's nothing special but still nice to look around in.

Also went to one shop on the Tampa side that was okay but wouldn't let you take records out of dust covers. Tampa is a loving shithole compared to st Pete anyways.

Daddy Kool is like the worst. Every single record they sell is marked up at least $5-10 over retail. Mojo in Tampa and Planet Retro in St Pete are probably the two best stores in the area.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Snowy posted:

Vinyl trash update: new load today, this time strewn all across the sidewalk. This guy really must not like his own releases! I guess I don't either, all the 7"s I picked up yesterday are the wishy-washiest of light pop.

Yeah that's probably dog poo poo in the green bag.

This is loving awesome.

*edit*
To add some actual content, I preordered the new Ghostface Killah & BADBADNOTGOOD album and it was apparently delivered at my house, but then was stolen before I got home. I get a package or two delivered every week and never have problems. Why did you steal my precious colored vinyl, O Jerkwads? And Bullmoose.com is nice enough to take pity and is sending me another one :love:.

iluvpr0n fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 2, 2015

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I'm convinced dude throwing away vinyl is some sort of performance art piece.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bliggers- posted:

I'm convinced dude throwing away vinyl is some sort of performance art piece.

Looks more like his dreams were shattered to pieces. If this was performance art those would be rare and valuable records.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Nah, it's a tax thing. By destroying dead stock, he is reducing his assets.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it's probably just bad and uninteresting

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I feel his pain. I still have like 200 tshirts of the same design I've almost thrown away. I sold enough to make money on it, but now to liquidate it almost isn't worth the effort.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:laugh:

Last time I passed there was a trash can full of CDs.

My haul of poop covered 7"s:
British Sea Power- Waving Flags
British Sea Power- Waving Flags instrumental
Cobra Verde- Everything to You
Feeder-Cement
Reverend and the Makers-Sundown on the Empire Adrian Sherwood remix
Mylo- Destroy Rock & Roll
Internet Forever- Break Bones
Inspiral Carpets- Move
Snow Pony- the Little Girls Understand
Women -?
Automatic Children-Coming over Me
Psychic Hearts- The Police

And a Twin Tigers lp.

My best street find was a milkcrate full of old reggae records. Also found about 50 japanese hip hop 12"s that I still haven't listened to.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Trying to do something as simple as listening to a record with 2 kittens is not easy. It was a little ironic when one of them jumped up onto Paul's Boutique as it was playing (Shake Your Rump video) and sat there for a second sending the tonearm jumping all over the place.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

luncheon meat posted:

Trying to do something as simple as listening to a record with 2 kittens is not easy. It was a little ironic when one of them jumped up onto Paul's Boutique as it was playing (Shake Your Rump video) and sat there for a second sending the tonearm jumping all over the place.

put the cover down

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

bowmore posted:

put the cover down

I've tried that but that still drives them mad trying to figure it out, lock them out of the room and they make a ton of noise

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I wanna inspect, and ask for insight as to why some records of mine do this thing where its like.

pop....pop....POP....POP

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

WASDF posted:

I wanna inspect, and ask for insight as to why some records of mine do this thing where its like.

pop....pop....POP....POP

Static build up, or a scratch that has the deep end near the center.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

WASDF posted:

pop....pop....POP....POP

If there are no visible scratches then the record probably needs to be cleaned or has a pressing defect.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am probably one of a zillion nerds who bought Beat The Champ today, but I'm still glad I did.

The Blood Capsules/Dub Capsules 12" is like a perfect blood red if you hold it up to the light, the yellow is pure and clear (though mine has a tiny streak of red in it if you look super-close) and the green is still somewhat translucent, but the marbling is totally like a 70s bowling ball, it all looks great. About to put it on the turntable.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 8, 2015

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
great record and that looks awesome. i gave up a long time ago on keeping up with new things for my tmg collection but its still something i'm glad i collected

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Who's ready to pay $150 for 6 hours/9 LPs worth of the same song?

quote:

On May 5, 2013 The National collaborated with Icelandic artist Ragnar Kjartansson on A Lot of Sorrow, a durational performance presented as part of MoMA PS1’s Sunday Sessions. Kjartansson, who often uses repetitive performance to explore collective experience and emotion, invited The National to play their three-minute, twenty-five second song “Sorrow” live on stage, repeatedly and continuously, for six hours. This incredible feat of endurance has become legendary, and the audio recording of the performance will be released as a limited edition 1,500 run vinyl boxed set by 4AD on June 22, 2015.

Featuring nine pieces of clear vinyl in clear sleeves held in a translucent, screen printed box, A Lot of Sorrow is now available for pre-order. All profits will be donated to Partners in Health, an organization dedicated to improve the health of impoverished people worldwide.

http://alotofsorrow.com

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A Lot of Sorrow is an accurate name for six hours of The National music.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
hahaha, what? I love The National but that's some total MOMA level bullshit and perfectly sums up what I think is just batshit about modern art.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Bereft - Lost Ages. Blackened doom from Wisconsin.

Front/back.

Label. Vinyl is regular old black.

Bedemon - Child of Darkness. An early doom band, made of some members of Pentagram. Never really intended to be a true band, just a side recording project for Randy Palmer. Pretty cool, raw stuff.

Front/back/sticker.

Labels.

Vinyl is a nice black/red merge.

And it came with this patch!

Forgot to take a picture of the insert, but it has some nice information about the history of the band, as well as some on Randy Palmer.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

interpunct posted:

I saw a gallery show of the video which was painful to watch. I'm not really a fan anyway, so it wasn't fun seeing those guys looking weary while playing to a crowd whose eyes were all glazed over. Actually now that I write that it sounds like I'm describing music I actually enjoy :v:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

interpunct posted:

Holy poo poo they are pressing 1500 of this? 4AD are also pressing a Red House Painters boxset in an edition of ...1500. Pretty sure there is a far higher demand for RHP than this.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Tonight's purchase:

(2014 Black Friday RSD release, volume 2 of this box set will be out this upcoming RSD)

Sorry for the crappy pic, I don't know how iphones work. :downs:

Probably my final major purchase at Bananas Music before leaving Tampa Bay. I'm truly going to miss these places.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

interpunct posted:

Whenever someone tells me that The National is good and I should like them (or anyone else from that genre), I should force them to listen to this entire thing because that's how listening to a single one of them songs sounds like to me. Time just loving freezes, man.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard released 30 copies of all their albums they've released so far that are sold out, I just barely managed to grab a copy of Eyes Like The Sky before everything sold out in like 2 minutes. Man this record business is tough.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Got this in the mail yesterday.

Nightbringer - Ego Dominus Tuus. I think this is the most I've spent on a record (though it's peanuts compared to some other folks in here), but I've been wanting this thing on vinyl for a while now. It's, for me, perhaps the pinnacle of black metal. There are three versions, the standard black vinyl, Qayin, and Azazel, which this one is. This is a very nicely put together release.

Plastic sleeve, front and back.

The special editions come with a patch of the version's sigil.

Before the gatefold.

The gatefold.

The booklet has more of that glorious Blakeian artwork inside, as well as pictures of the band members being occult as gently caress.

The labels.

The splatters.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's real nice - is there any difference between the versions musically, or is it just the sigil (and presumably colors)?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Musically, not that I'm aware of. There is the standard black version, which as far as I know has no sigil and therefore no patch associated with it. Azazel and Qayin have their own sigilis/patches, and the discs are different splatters. Qayin has red&black/blue&black splatters. Also, from what the guy at the label said, the Azazel edition has different photos in the booklet than the standard/Qayin versions. It is a very good release in terms of the music, sounds great. If you/anyone else is interested, the standard black is $38 shipped, $46 shipped for either of the special editions (within the US, of course, don't know international shipping prices), which is fairly pricey, but it's also an album I've really wanted on vinyl, so it was worth it for me. I will also say the guy at Daemon Worship is very good about communication and shipped it out very quickly, so I am also very pleased with that aspect of the process. If anyone is interested, his address is dwprod@gmail.com, just send him a message that you're interested and he'll probably get back to you fairly soon.

Discogs page that shows the Qayin splatters. No the greatest quality picture, the picture of the Azazel discs is the same quality and the discs look much better in real life.
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=6777576

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Picked this up for $15 at the used vinyl place

underrated album imo

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

bowmore posted:

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard released 30 copies of all their albums they've released so far that are sold out, I just barely managed to grab a copy of Eyes Like The Sky before everything sold out in like 2 minutes. Man this record business is tough.

I just realised that my OG pressing of 12 Bar Bruise (and the cassette they sent because the pressing was delayed) might be worth some actual factual cash nowadays.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I, Butthole posted:

I just realised that my OG pressing of 12 Bar Bruise (and the cassette they sent because the pressing was delayed) might be worth some actual factual cash nowadays.
It is, soooo many people want 12 Bar. I have the cassette but not the vinyl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Get a load of this dickweed:
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/hot-stampers/