Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Bernie blame train has left the station on CBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

breaklaw posted:

Warren, Bernie and Hillary are all too old for 2020. They will try and find some handsome Latino and try with everything they've got to make a Hispanic Obama happen.

Governor edwards is the only democrat who can beat the GOP on the national stage

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

one of the handsome fellas in texas

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Do the Democrats have any friction to prevent anything in the next 2 years or is it a well lubed transition to the right

The filibuster.

Until the republicans nuke it.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
what the gently caress is going on with the votes, it's been like 90 minutes since the last state announced

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

well im glad we were saving money to move to colorado. looks like it's out of the country.

if my close friend gives me a job while im on vacation in canada can i get a work visa for that

No place on this earth is going to be far enough away to escape this.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

OAquinas posted:

Let's look at the Democratic position:

Presidency: gone
Senate: a strong minority, but they'll be creamed in 2 years
House: Toothless minority
Supreme Court: Hard-right for 10-20 years
Governors: 30% and falling
State legislatures: even fewer
State parties: outside of CA, dumpster fires all around

The one thing that's been holding them together is the Presidency and a good showing in the US Senate. That's gone. They're a rump party.

Sure, the Republicans died and rebranded as essentially the Norsefire party, but they're slaying in every single election.

How can the dems rebuild from here? I can't see it. They don't even have a minor league to pull up people from.

lol at the people who thought this was the end of the republican party

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

permaban boosted anyway

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to say it and I'm going to get pilloried but liberals really need to rethink the strategy of looking down our noses at poor rural white folks because they made this happen.

You will be pilloried by one fewer person because I've been saying this for literal years now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

breaklaw posted:

Warren, Bernie and Hillary are all too old for 2020. They will try and find some handsome Latino and try with everything they've got to make a Hispanic Obama happen.

Marco Rubio!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/Jacobnbc/status/796239590797574145

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

nopants posted:

We must give Hillary another shot. Not because people want to vote for her, but because she!s spent decades buying influence. She doesn't even need to run on any specific new policy, just inertia.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

There is basically nothing funny or good to be gleaned from this. We are all so irrevocably hosed, possibly even on a global scale.

unironically agree, this is actually extremely bad in many ways and things are likely going to get very very very bad if trump does a single thing that was part of his platform. Best case scenario is pence takes the reigns, which is a bizarre thing to say.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Humidora posted:

yeah p much

it's almost as if the democratic party establishment have a vested interest in keeping their positions/power and choose lovely neoliberal policies because it benefits them

I don't think it's purely class self-interest, so much as it takes a long loving time for american parties to move on from what worked before

see how long it took the democrats to transition from the new deal long after the Republicans stole the white working class from them

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

There is basically nothing funny or good to be gleaned from this. We are all so irrevocably hosed, possibly even on a global scale.

literally nukes in the hands of a man who lashes out angrily over the slightest criticism

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Not even beyonce could save hillary

Oh no, will trump send beyonce to jail for speaking out against him, please spare beyonce

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Non of the polling makes any sense

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Do the Democrats have any friction to prevent anything in the next 2 years or is it a well lubed transition to the right

Well, once the crackdown on the lyin' media begins...

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I'm going to do nothing but play Fallout 4 for the next 2 months in preparation.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

I'm gonna puke so hard my soul leaves my body as hard as my chicken noodle soup does#fucktrump

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

When was the last time conservatives had this much control?

and it quickly blew up

that's our only hope

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

theflyingorc posted:

When was the last time conservatives had this much control?

2002? Think about how great that turned out.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tollymain posted:

i'm still trying to figure out; how did this happen?

White people

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/796240329901035522

Donald J. Trump is the President-Elect of the United States of America

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Is there ANY silver lining here whatsoever?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
you can't just run against something, you have to run for something

in my dreams there's a leftist candidate offering change to minorities AND working class/middle class whites to form a diverse popular coalition against our emerging oligarchy but gently caress that i guess

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
BOOSTED WAS RIGHT!!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to say it and I'm going to get pilloried but liberals really need to rethink the strategy of looking down our noses at poor rural white folks because they made this happen.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
literally the only thing that can save us is being able to "look what happens when you give republicans everything" and hope that galvanizes people to vote in midterm elections

lol we're hosed

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Non of the polling makes any sense

lolnothingmatters.gif

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm a poor queer mexican though so i'm never gonna not say gently caress off to rural white folks if they vote republican

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

group number 1: "we will enact policies that strive to help the poorest of Americans and improve their lives."

group number 2: "gently caress the browns!"

"you know, I really appreciate group number two's message." - the majority of Americans

dta

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

MrWilderheap posted:

maybe trump will resign palin style when the job gets too hard

President Pence is a lateral move at best, and does nothing to rein in the party patrol that's going to be running the House / Senate.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Should he be waiting on a call from Hillary?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mr Interweb posted:

Is there ANY silver lining here whatsoever?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

and it quickly blew up

that's our only hope

This mandate may be ephemeral based on trumps personality

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Welp, on top of everything else, polling as a thing is dead now.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rest in piss sam wang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

hope yall liked the scandal-a-day presidential campaign trump ran, because we're getting 4ish years of a scandal-a-day presidency, and you thought poo poo was going to be bad with clinton... look at all the poo poo still up in the air for trump

• Locked thread