Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

cash crab posted:

i have a serious question. how do you y’all stop yourself from crying on the bus on the way home
over all this?

They’re gonna lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Al! posted:

went and looked up the post

I sat next to this guy at a cafe once when I was drawing. he was rude to the barista.

I think he’s just a black capitalist who doesn’t wanna lose his street kid marketability.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

cash crab posted:

i have a serious question. how do you y’all stop yourself from crying on the bus on the way home
over all this?

thank you for bringing up mental health. we are not doing well with coping. I worry about my brothers/sister here. I know I’m not doing well and my wife has been having a harder time because she works with zionists who have called on an open forum at work about killing children in Gaza.

after a while of seeing videos of dead children, dead people in general , people struggling with food. the sadness becomes hatred.

I feel a lot of anger when I see the videos of the aid trucks getting destroyed and kids being taught to hate.

I am working with a team of people who supply doctors with supplies. recently we got a gently caress load of diabetes insulin into Gaza through one of the doctors. Kinder paid for the meds and we sourced them in Egypt and gave it to a doctor who was going into Gaza. that doctor is stuck in Gaza at the moment.

I think what affects me the most is how the government officials are facilitating this and that there is nothing I can do to change it. protests are getting suppressed, and people who have money are able to call the shots.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

They’re gonna lose.

inshallah

RoboBoogie has issued a correction as of 00:01 on May 17, 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

I've developed the kind of paranoid psychosis Jews have where I'm extremely anxious expecting the next western massacre to come right around the corner, but when it's here and the murder is imminent I'm ok because it's in line with what I expect. The prevarications, the bloodthirst, the gloating, the suffering, they're all what I expect. It's all what I'm used to. The only thing that gives me joy is watching Israeli soldiers and assets get popped with Chinese & North Korean weapons and munitions of Palestinian making. I'm ecstatic when Ansar Allah makes the US navy button down and run back home to Mama after not being able to stop the blockade. I'm rejuvenated by the student's movement.

Conditions for western hegemony have never been worse than this, while the prospect of Palestinian liberation has never been greater. Instead of crying in your car on your commute ask yourself what Abu Obeida would think. Ask yourself what Yaya Sahree would think. The resistance has no need for tears, it needs the blood of martyrs. It needs people who are uncompromising and willing to risk their own futures for the sake of Palestine. If you're not willing to make that kind of sacrifice that's fine. The success of the resistance doesn't hinge on the individual actions of a first worlder. They're fighting for themselves.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4I6mMilmio

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel's tank corp are a murderous lot.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

maybe they are killing terrorists after all

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Clip-On Fedora posted:

They’re gonna lose.

inshallah

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've developed the kind of paranoid psychosis Jews have where I'm extremely anxious expecting the next western massacre to come right around the corner, but when it's here and the murder is imminent I'm ok because it's in line with what I expect. The prevarications, the bloodthirst, the gloating, the suffering, they're all what I expect. It's all what I'm used to. The only thing that gives me joy is watching Israeli soldiers and assets get popped with Chinese & North Korean weapons and munitions of Palestinian making. I'm ecstatic when Ansar Allah makes the US navy button down and run back home to Mama after not being able to stop the blockade. I'm rejuvenated by the student's movement.

Conditions for western hegemony have never been worse than this, while the prospect of Palestinian liberation has never been greater. Instead of crying in your car on your commute ask yourself what Abu Obeida would think. Ask yourself what Yaya Sahree would think. The resistance has no need for tears, it needs the blood of martyrs. It needs people who are uncompromising and willing to risk their own futures for the sake of Palestine. If you're not willing to make that kind of sacrifice that's fine. The success of the resistance doesn't hinge on the individual actions of a first worlder. They're fighting for themselves.

And they're going to win.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

scary ghost dog posted:

in other words,

99% certain this is the Houthi pirate who mentioned they loved One Piece to Hasan, thereby making this all thread-relevant.

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

RoboBoogie posted:

thank you for bringing up mental health. we are not doing well with coping. I worry about my brothers/sister here. I know I’m not doing well and my wife has been having a harder time because she works with zionists who have called on an open forum at work about killing children in Gaza.

after a while of seeing videos of dead children, dead people in general , people struggling with food. the sadness becomes hatred.

I feel a lot of anger when I see the videos of the aid trucks getting destroyed and kids being taught to hate.

I am working with a team of people who supply doctors with supplies. recently we got a gently caress load of diabetes insulin into Gaza through one of the doctors. Kinder paid for the meds and we sourced them in Egypt and gave it to a doctor who was going into Gaza. that doctor is stuck in Gaza at the moment.

I think what affects me the most is how the government officials are facilitating this and that there is nothing I can do to change it. protests are getting suppressed, and people who have money are able to call the shots.

inshallah

Yeah honestly it’s just a matter of time before the sadness turns into hatred, anger and apathy towards “normal” poo poo. Therapy hasn’t helped much over the years because every therapist Ive encountered has been a lib to the core, and especially with what is going on right now I just can’t trust the life advice of someone who has fundamentally flawed morality in regards to anything international. Its just this thing that sits inside my, and probably other people who feel similarly, head at all times

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

cash crab posted:

over all this?
revolutionary optimism

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

spain doing something good

====

Spain vows to prevent any arms ship for Israel from docking at country’s ports

Spain's foreign minister was quoted by the Guardian newspaper as saying that Spain's policy would be firm to prevent any arms ship to Israel and want to dock in the country's ports.

He added that the Middle East does not need more weapons but needs more peace.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31575;&%231604;

they should prevent them from going through Gibraltar the same way AA does on the red sea

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

cash crab posted:

over all this?

Halloween Jack posted:

My hatred is pure.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

revolutionary optimism

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Even the IDF agrees with paulsoccer

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

George H.W. oval office posted:

thread title perhaps

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich on Thursday said Israel would abolish its free trade agreement with Turkey and also impose a 100% tariff on other imports from Turkey in retaliation for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan's decision to halt exports to Israel.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich on Thursday said Israel would abolish its free trade agreement with Turkey and also impose a 100% tariff on other imports from Turkey in retaliation for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan's decision to halt exports to Israel.

Bezalel Smotrich

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dreylad posted:

Bezalel Smotrich

Belazel sounds like a demon you gotta slay in Diablo ngl

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

got into a bit of a stream of consciousness here

more than ten years ago, one of the greatest pieces of advice I got about "how to deal with life as a communist", shortly after I got in so to speak, was from this senior comrade who went for the armed struggle during the Brazilian dictatorship. Basically, I was mad all the time, volatile, etc and this started to gently caress up study/work/relationships. I didn't start therapy yet. A friend noticed my state and set up to chat with this guy, he was doing one of his occasional visits.

So I say hi, we present ourselves, I start to let steam out and just before I finish, he laughs a bit and says that he knows what's going on already. Way too much anger, taking in too much poo poo from the world, lashing out to try to bend the world by myself. He then said something like that nurturing that by yourself alone, you start to think you are the only right person in the world, then you end up a hermit or a martyr; as communists, both are useless.

I didn't get it back then, but years and lots of therapy later, well. To be carried by the deceiving and narcissistic feeling of heroic responsibility is consequence of neoliberalism's ever-more deranged morality. To cry about suffering that you have no power over any of it is to show humanity, is a healthy expression of the soul; but also it gives opportunity for anger to be refined, to let it become bright ember in you. You stop getting mad and raging, but it's like your personality has a bit of fundamental wrath, so to speak. The right measure of righteous fury that gives somebody a powerful adjustment about all the bullshit of this world, while also inoculating from becoming an rear end in a top hat and/or a nihilist.

Good post.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
"Friendly fire" makes it seem like everyone is having a good time. They should come up with a different word for it

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dokapon Findom posted:

"Friendly fire" makes it seem like everyone is having a good time. They should come up with a different word for it

Teamkilling

Griefing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

My Hirbawi Kufiya was held at customs for an unusually long time but finally cleared. Has anyone else seen that happen?

I ordered the Palestinian flag one in October and had no issues, this one was selected for screening by CBSA or RCMP according to the shipper. It’s $45 worth of textiles with like $12 duty, so that’s pretty weird.

My only concern about wearing it in public is that there’s no way to let people know I’m a Unionist. Maybe if I sew something on?

Are you going to wear this like Arafat in meetings or is it going to be more of a pocket square situation?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

scary ghost dog posted:

in other words,

imagine reading this and having your takeaway be that israel is the good guys

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

Dokapon Findom posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragging

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dokapon Findom posted:

the military calls it "blue on blue"

i suppose you could say the IDF just blue itself

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Dokapon Findom posted:

Are you going to wear this like Arafat in meetings or is it going to be more of a pocket square situation?

There's been lively debate if I'm "allowed" to wear either of them outside the house at all, so at the moment it's a donation to a small business in the West Bank.

I loaned out my Palestinian flag coloured one to an Arab friend who was attending protests until their own kufiya arrived. Hirbawi hasn't been able to keep anything in stock, which is good I suppose.

CN CREW-VESSEL has issued a correction as of 02:41 on May 17, 2024

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Dokapon Findom posted:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1788471774730203159

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 sided shooting: idf got hit in both their insides and outsides

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Everyone in the IDF must get an immediate promotion to the next rank.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Owlbear Camus posted:

army of a million generals and one private

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Starship Troopers movie where Rico gets field promoted because the people above him kept stupidly dying.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

2 sided shooting: idf got hit in both their insides and outsides

I shoot the caddle prod in the back and the cum shoots from the front

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

Why? The #1 rule in war is to have fun

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

IDF finally acting morally

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

cash crab posted:

honestly yeah, i don’t post ironically

Real answer, you don't. You cry when you need to and do so unashamedly, because gently caress you the world is a gently caress. Did you want an easy answer? There is none. Instead you cry and once your tears are dry you pick up and keep going because if you don't the bastards win.

You find moments of revolutionary joy and solidarity amidst the horror. And you hold fast to them and the folks next to you and you do everything you can, to the last full measure to make sure that while sacrifices and martyrs are not forgotten, neither do we live in their shadows.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

Orbs posted:

Just cry. Crying is a good thing.

Wisdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

There's been lively debate if I'm "allowed" to wear either of them outside the house at all, so at the moment it's a donation to a small business in the West Bank.

I loaned out my Palestinian flag coloured one to an Arab friend who was attending protests until their own kufiya arrived. Hirbawi hasn't been able to keep anything in stock, which is good I suppose.

Please don't get divorced over Palestine