Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of how hilariously badly the Pedofinder General has aged

Typically the young are much better at finding pedophiles, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

Re: spoilers, I have learned to approach things through the lens of Ebert's Law: "A movie is not about what it is about. It is about how it is about it."

In other words, if knowing the spoiler ruins the movie, it's not actually a very good movie.

Yea, good movie is still good if you know the ending and a shocking twist ending doesn't make a bad movie any better.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

:agreed: Columbo was a really good show.

Columbo would usually tell you the reason the murderer did it even before they showed the murder though. It was a battle of wits not a psychological delve.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

Photoshop a gun in his hand and some blood, and it'd be Max Payne
Ok

And with Max face
I :effort:'ed an attempt at the Max Payne filter.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of how hilariously badly the Pedofinder General has aged now given it turned out Britain is infested with pedos in the media and government

The what, now?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

The what, now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

you gotta be kitten me

whew thanks for clearing that up

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you managed to get injured by a cat it was almost certainly your own fault

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seriously. How the hell is a cat going to scar or disfigure you unless it's a drat lion? Plus yeah, you'd kinda have to directly antagonize a cat for it to do anything to you whereas a dog can hate your guts for simply existing near it.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
My brother got attacked by a stray that got into our house. Went to the ER and got all kinds of antibiotics or whatever, and still has some scars.

That said, he also got beat up by one of my rabbits, so that probably affects things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, but that's not a situation where there's a person to sue.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I walked into someones house for a party, and before they had finished explaining they had a cat I had slash down my leg. Ive been bitten and clawed probably half a dozen times despite by the second time attempting to avoid and never interact with the cats in question. I have never visited someone with a cat without at bare minimum the cat hissing and aggressively reacting to me instantly to the point where I just dont visit people with cats, ever.

Velocity probably has a market of literally just me though so the fact I didnt know about it until now is rip their business.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

In noted realism simulator Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition housecats are famously able to kill most level 1 characters, if not entire parties.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Barudak posted:

I walked into someones house for a party, and before they had finished explaining they had a cat I had slash down my leg. Ive been bitten and clawed probably half a dozen times despite by the second time attempting to avoid and never interact with the cats in question. I have never visited someone with a cat without at bare minimum the cat hissing and aggressively reacting to me instantly to the point where I just dont visit people with cats, ever.

Velocity probably has a market of literally just me though so the fact I didnt know about it until now is rip their business.

Have you considered not being a vampire?

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

Have you considered not being a vampire?

it's not a choice MOM

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

food court bailiff posted:

In noted realism simulator Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition housecats are famously able to kill most level 1 characters, if not entire parties.

In Balder's Gate 1 they'd also narc on you to police if they saw you stealing.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Barudak posted:

My ex had a cat that was actually a spawn of Satan. She could be incredibly sweet to me and my ex, but had to be sedated at the vet for the most minor of treatments (and needed us to come get her out of the cage afterwards because she'd maul anyone else who tried). There were two people in the world whose souls she knew her dark overlord required and if they came to visit we basically had to shut her in the bedroom or she'd put them in the ER.

She eventually got a nasty form of cancer and we had to have her euthanized. The day the vet came to our apartment she wasn't eating, just laying in my lap all docile and ready to go. But man, when the vet gave her that first shot she sprang back to life. Pretty sure he needed stitches.

RIP you vicious little demon.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

they're on their way to sue all the bad cats in this thread

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Barudak posted:

How does this happen, most of the interaction I've had with other people's cats involved them coming to sit on my lap despite not knowing me. That's some bad luck on your part

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Phlegmish posted:

How does this happen, most of the interaction I've had with other people's cats involved them coming to sit on my lap despite not knowing me. That's some bad luck on your part

My cat doesn't like some people, but she just gives them a hiss and a couple of swipes in their general direction to tell them to gently caress off.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm honestly not quite sure that cats can tell individual homo sapiens apart, in my experience it depends more on the cat's personality. You have chill cats and not-chill cats.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3nDCmPxIE

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Phlegmish posted:

I'm honestly not quite sure that cats can tell individual homo sapiens apart, in my experience it depends more on the cat's personality. You have chill cats and not-chill cats.

My enormous fluffy cat knows humans as "the one with the most comfortable-looking lap" and "everyone else", at least in terms of deciding who to go be friends with

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've definitely been scratched and bit my more cats then dogs in my life. I'll pretty fearlessly stick my face right up next to any random dog I see but generally don't want to touch a cat unless Im wearing welding gloves.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheKennedys posted:

My enormous fluffy cat knows humans as "the one with the most comfortable-looking lap" and "everyone else", at least in terms of deciding who to go be friends with

Mine knows me as "the one that plays rough" the girlfriend as "the other one that feeds me but doesn't play" and is afraid of everyone else. I'm clearly his favorite human

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Phlegmish posted:

Cats probably can recognize individual patterns, sounds and smells, even if they don't register them as anything more than that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I have no idea. I visited a friend for the first time and took my shoes off and left it at the front of the house with all the other shoes. Friend knows Im cat adverse and tells me, dont worry, theyre scared of strange people and just stay in their room and are super affectionate otherwise. Not even five minutes pass when both cats come sprinting out into the living room, alternating between clawing my shoes and only my shoes to pieces and hissing at me until my froend has to get a broom to physically push them out of the room.

Theyve never done that before, they say, like all the others.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Like, as an unlicensed catologist, if I had to guess it does sound like the cats can smell the evil oozing out of you. Maybe try being less evil or get some odor eaters or something?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

I think the problem is you just wear ugly rear end shoes. All those fashion conscious kitties trying to save you from your terrible fashion sense.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
Have you considered you may be a werewolf?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Or perhaps simply unlikable?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
While I think we can all agree that Barudak is an unfashionable, unlikable, smelly jerk... Let's not forget that cats are also hug assholes 99% of the time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Recently I visited a friend of my spouse. They have a small child and a cat, and so were convinced their cat would be fine with me despite my background with them. She is so friendly, they said, she plays with our infant, she likes being petted, everyone in the neighborhood cuddles her. Despite this, I refused to approach the cat because why have a 7th unpleasant experience with a supposed nice cat, but my spouse, encouraged, put out their hand to pet the cat. It promptly bit them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Asians don't eat everything with chopsticks, yo!

Best part: Papparich is a Malaysian franchise.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's also incredibly overpriced

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Papparich is overpriced stall food. If you want Malaysian food, ask your taxi driver or Malaysian whom you know/are staying with where the best mamak food is, and I guarantee you'll have a better, healthier and arguably more hygienically-prepared* meal than what Papparich is serving. Poor Australians don't know what they're missing out on.

*Though this last one REALLY depends.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

it's also incredibly overpriced

Tired Moritz? More like Tired of These High Prices!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Papparich has chopsticks hiding in every marketing photo of their food. I just assumed it was an odd part of their branding? Are chopsticks that rare in Malaysia?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you're not gonna be using chopsticks to eat malay food unless you want to look racist and think all asians eat with chopsticks. so they're probably appealing to the lowest demographic.

either use forks/spoons or your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My hot take: use whatever implements you wish to.

Eating Malaysian food with chopsticks is no more racist than eating pizza with a fork.