Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Burning it is the only way to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Misandu posted:

Burning it is the only way to be sure.

Then compacting it into a cube, then scratching some pips onto it, then using it as a die for catan.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

I just EBayed an incomprehensible edition of Mysterium (Tajemnicze Domostwo!) off a shadily named guy in Poland. Will I remember this as the rock bottom of my board gaming habit, or the point where I broke free of society's "rules" to truly follow my dreams?

On Colt Express: it also works super good when you control more than one character, and I think teams should be good too. Train gets nutty with more people. Still plays super fast and there's a satisfying amount of strategy for something so light. The characters might not be balanced, but they all have interesting potential plays. Looking forward to trying it with full 6 players.

jmzero fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 29, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

EvilChameleon posted:

How do you like Kaosball?

I've enjoyed it so far, haven't played as much as I'd like yet. Plays a bit like a very light Blood Bowl with an important area control mechanic (as you get points at the end of each quarter for runners standing on points regardless of the ball). Need to get the other teams out too, the only one outside the base game I've played so far has been the Clockwerk.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

jmzero posted:

I just EBayed an incomprehensible edition of Mysterium (Tajemnicze Domostwo!) off a shadily named guy in Poland. Will I remember this as the rock bottom of my board gaming habit, or the point where I broke free of society's "rules" to truly follow my dreams?

Colt Express also works super good when you control more than one character. Train gets nutty. Still plays super fast and is generally awesome. The characters might not be balanced, but they're all fun. Looking forward to trying it with full 6 players.

The latter, I played that exact version at a friend's place, it's quite good.

...a different friend literally ordered 5 copies in similar fashion for himself and his various friends who wanted copies.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Has anyone tried out Elysium? I stopped in at my FLGS the other day and they're running an event showing the game off this sunday, and it's in presale or something? Offhand the only thing i figured out from talking to the guy working (both of us were actually looking at the open demo box for sunday, since he didn't really know about it either) is it looks like a mixture of card drafting, market row, and a half dozen other mechanics. I admit to being slightly intrigued by it, but i very much like knowing if a game is worth buying before I actually buy it. The market in it works a bit differently and i personally dislike market row games so that may be a huge negative for me.

I would add a picture of my admittedly small collection but its scattered around haphazardly in our game area since we're severely lacking in shelving for there right now.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Here's the games I keep at work. I need to purge a few soon (or at least take more home).

Oh, and my "dollar store woodburning set" Dominion boxes (I used the dividers they sell for Legendary, they work good):

You can see some Go First dice in there too. If you don't have some, you should get some - and apparently there's a company that makes nicer looking ones now - here.

jmzero fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 29, 2015

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sloober posted:

Has anyone tried out Elysium? I stopped in at my FLGS the other day and they're running an event showing the game off this sunday, and it's in presale or something? Offhand the only thing i figured out from talking to the guy working (both of us were actually looking at the open demo box for sunday, since he didn't really know about it either) is it looks like a mixture of card drafting, market row, and a half dozen other mechanics. I admit to being slightly intrigued by it, but i very much like knowing if a game is worth buying before I actually buy it. The market in it works a bit differently and i personally dislike market row games so that may be a huge negative for me.

Lorini I think is the only one who has played it, but she likes it. I'm not sure it's quite the same as a market row game, though, since the cards don't get refreshed until the round finishes, I believe, so it's not like someone can topdeck the card they need. It's been a while since I read the rules, though.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Sloober posted:

I would add a picture of my admittedly small collection but its scattered around haphazardly in our game area since we're severely lacking in shelving for there right now.

It has a mishmash of interesting purchase mechanics, but the Greek theme seems really pasted on. AP can set in when you need/want to account for each player's sets of cards.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Yep, I really like Elysium as it's a drafting game with some interesting decisions, and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

As to Goa, it's been awhile since I played it, but I did enjoy our last play with the new rules. No one asks for it anymore though so I'm keeping an eye on the prices its going for.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Sloober posted:

I just played my first game of it recently and posted about it in the other thread.

OtspIII posted:

Just played my first game of Elysium--is every session of it so aggressive, or is it just games with Poseidon?

I actually liked it fairly well, but some stuff did feel kind of weird about it. A surprising amount of it felt like it came down to luck (I had a super hard time completing some sets just due to droughts of certain number/color combos), and the sheer number of abilities on the board at any given time was kind of overwhelming. The game was also all about being a huge dick to people--collusion to take all possible quests left for a person seemed really strong and fairly easy to do.

I'm not really sure how much of this was just the game I played, though--I could see myself liking it way more or less after a few plays.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Elysium is a pretty fun card-drafting? tableau?-building? game, the two player configuration doesn't need special extra rules or blow chunks like many other similar games, and the box insert is lovely, even holding each separate deck fully sleeved, which, when I demo'd the game to a table of boardgamers, was itself a reason to ooh and aah.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Ooo look what arrived :kiddo:

I'm curious about it.

Some of the mechanics sounded maybe similar to an older game I prototyped up once and always planned to do a bit more with. So this involves the Last Frontier? The stakes are certainly high! And what about Vesuvius justifies referring something as simply and ominously as "the incident"? Let's find out! when I have some free time because I need a new game like I need an extra hole in my head

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

jmzero posted:

Here's the games I keep at work. I need to purge a few soon (or at least take more home).

Oh, and my "dollar store woodburning set" Dominion boxes (I used the dividers they sell for Legendary, they work good):

You can see some Go First dice in there too. If you don't have some, you should get some - and apparently there's a company that makes nicer looking ones now - here.

The designer of Go First Dice mentioned that there's a set of 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d12 with Go First properties. I must own them.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

jmzero posted:

I had never heard of these. These are a genius idea and more games should use them. More than the presumable zero that do now. No more "tie goes to the defender" or rerolling matches or what have you.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Do you play krossmaster arena online? I have a retardedly pimped out version with all metal coins, metal points tokens, the plastic terrain and animals, and a whole heap of extra characters and I love to get it to the table it's like ameritrash comfort food.

EvilChameleon posted:

How do you like Kaosball?

When I first got kaosball I was like :gerty: but then you find out that the best way to play it is not as a "sports game" but as a dudes on a map killing each other game and at the time I had (and still do have) alot of great games in that genre. Wiz-War, Krossmaster Arena, and even the maligned (in this thread) Arcadia Quest all have longer legs. It did not last long in my collection. It's not bad it's just not inspired.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Back to Mage Knight for a bit.

I can trash any individual, non-draconum monster, usually with little planning. I have no problems with jumping face first into a Keep, or a Monster Den, or a Tomb, or whatever.

But the moment it's time to take on a City, I feel absolutely overwhelmed. I have no idea what to do. How are you supposed to do this, solo, without taking enough wounds to spend several rounds simply resting? I played a game just now where, on the last round of the game, I was able to take out a level 5 city at the cost of ten wounds. Game was over before I could get enough of them out of my hand to resume play.

I think there's some key component to leveling up and gaining cards that I'm missing. Like there's a strategy that I have not found which causes me to woefully under-prepared for the City assaults.

Would anyone like to share how they prepare for the endgame as they go through the game? Are there certain sites--like Monastaries or Keeps or Dragons--that you tend to target or avoid? Certain combinations of cards that I should be on the lookout for?

I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the basic mechanics of the games;it's just the long-term strategy I can't wrap my head around yet.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Would anyone like to share how they prepare for the endgame as they go through the game? Are there certain sites--like Monastaries or Keeps or Dragons--that you tend to target or avoid? Certain combinations of cards that I should be on the lookout for?

I mostly do whatever I can, based on my hand and/or what I know I'll be drawing soon; all the sites are good and you need fame quick for your levelups. Usually burn monasteries after getting anything you might want, use rampaging orcs/dragons to keep reputation manageable. For the cities, having some Siege Attack and/or lots of good units are the most straightforward ways, there are also some spells like Flame Wall , Expose, Wings of Night that do really well. Your units can provide more Siege and/or block, and then take some wounds for you (melee attack is less effective, but if the unit has a resistance they can take a hit and still attack). Sometimes it will take me two attacks to take out a city, but in the first one I won't take too many wounds by using those cards.

If you're repeatedly struggling with the first city, lower the level for a game or two.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Back to Mage Knight for a bit.

I can trash any individual, non-draconum monster, usually with little planning. I have no problems with jumping face first into a Keep, or a Monster Den, or a Tomb, or whatever.

But the moment it's time to take on a City, I feel absolutely overwhelmed. I have no idea what to do. How are you supposed to do this, solo, without taking enough wounds to spend several rounds simply resting? I played a game just now where, on the last round of the game, I was able to take out a level 5 city at the cost of ten wounds. Game was over before I could get enough of them out of my hand to resume play.

I think there's some key component to leveling up and gaining cards that I'm missing. Like there's a strategy that I have not found which causes me to woefully under-prepared for the City assaults.

I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the basic mechanics of the games;it's just the long-term strategy I can't wrap my head around yet.

You need to plan a way to either tank the attacks of the guards of cities or to neutralize them. This is where spells become very important. You (typically) have the luxury of timing your assault on a city - try to save up a bunch of mana so you can blow it up with spells.

One example is to wait until night and play black + white to mass expose everyone in a city, then kill them all with ranged attacks from your cards and troops.

OTOH, if you don't have a lot of spells you can get through with good defense cards and units. Remember that you get to pull out the upgraded golden unit cards as soon as you uncover core tiles.

Even if you only have enough siege attack for one guy, that can usually make the difference.

Also, you definitely, definitely want to be popping open a all of the monasteryies. Trashing an artifact to use its higher benefit in order to take a city is definitely worth it, and some artifacts (horn of wrath) can basically take a city down by themselves.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

My GoFirst dice just shipped from mathgear. Can't wait to get them.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Lorini posted:

My GoFirst dice just shipped from mathgear. Can't wait to get them.

I'm curious but I don't know what these are, would you mind spelling out the dumb version for me :sun:

E: I looked them up, neat!

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 30, 2015

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Go... first dice? You mean you determine who goes first by not arbitrarily deciding based on theme of the game (last person to ride a train, last person to feed a pet, last person to see an elder god and keep their sanity) followed by a game of musical chairs?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Just play the remainder game.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Impermanent posted:

You need to plan a way to either tank the attacks of the guards of cities or to neutralize them. This is where spells become very important. You (typically) have the luxury of timing your assault on a city - try to save up a bunch of mana so you can blow it up with spells.

One example is to wait until night and play black + white to mass expose everyone in a city, then kill them all with ranged attacks from your cards and troops.

OTOH, if you don't have a lot of spells you can get through with good defense cards and units. Remember that you get to pull out the upgraded golden unit cards as soon as you uncover core tiles.

Even if you only have enough siege attack for one guy, that can usually make the difference.

Also, you definitely, definitely want to be popping open a all of the monasteryies. Trashing an artifact to use its higher benefit in order to take a city is definitely worth it, and some artifacts (horn of wrath) can basically take a city down by themselves.

Thank you. I think I haven't been focusing on Artifacts and Spells enough, perhaps. I've been mainly aiming for things that get me advanced actions. Then I grab Artifacts, Units, or a spell if one looks nice and it's easyish to get.

Expose is one spell I actually had in my second solo game today; it made a huge difference.

I also had some Utem Mages. I used the effect that let me make every attack a siege attack, then used Mass Expose to remove fortifications. I was able to take out most of the defenders preemptively, and let the units tank/take out the rest.

Of course, I was about done with the assault when I realized that I shouldn't actually have the mages. I thought they were a Mage Tower unit, but they're a city unit. So I hosed that up. :(

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to get a few fewer advanced actions in favor of a few more spells and artifacts.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker
I guess we're doing this

Edit: gently caress just pretend I didn't some how rotate it while resizing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PlaneGuy fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 30, 2015

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Thanks for recommending Mage Knight, just ordered on Amazon as it was out of stock here. You were all also mentioning a LOTR game to tickle me and my partners co-op rpg-lite bone but there are like a million LOTR games at the local game shop... what is the fun, balanced deck building game one? Should I be getting any expansions? There was an overwhelming amount of stuff there and the people who work there are nice and all but they're "everything is wonderful buy everything" people which doesn't help.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to get a few fewer advanced actions in favor of a few more spells and artifacts.

I think having problems taking cities is one of the more common blocks for newer players. It is basically a final exam of "did you build a deck/tableau that is at least THIS efficient?" What you should be doing is thinking both long-term and short-term during every round, constantly assessing what opportunities are on the board and how you can build your deck to take advantage of them. On the subject of taking spells: If I'm Arythea and Fire Wall comes out, that is now my new number one priority and I know that I can take a few wounds fighting a tower I normally wouldn't in order to claim that prize. On the other hand, if I'm Tovak and Fire Wall comes out I may not care if an advanced action is in the offer that's more interesting.

In other words, spells aren't as important if your deck doesn't care about them. Synergy is!

If you're still having a hard time try playing Goldyx. His general strategy is "all the crystals all the time" so it's easy to adapt to whatever situation you're given.

The one thing you should always try to get is artifacts. The (sadly broken) pvp combat rules have artifacts as one of the only cards that can be stolen because of how game-changing they are.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

homullus posted:

I had never heard of these. These are a genius idea and more games should use them. More than the presumable zero that do now. No more "tie goes to the defender" or rerolling matches or what have you.

If you like these you might also like the Non-transitive Grime Dice. They're like rock paper scissors but with dice (as in, Die 1 has better odds of beating Die 2, which has better odds of beating Die 3, which has better odds of beating Die 1)

Mathematically interesting!

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.
I got to play The Voyages of Marco Polo tonight. Some people wanted a writeup for it when I got to play it so I guess I can say some things. We played 3 players with all of us being new but the one guy knowing the rules for the most part. It took, with explanation and setup (some good storage solutions would greatly help this game) it took about 1.5h, probably a bit less. The theme is entirely pasted on and doesn't make a great deal of sense but if that doesn't matter to you then you're golden. I thought it was pretty solid. You roll your dice at the start of each round, and take turns placing them on the various actions (get goods/money, get contracts [things you can complete by trading certain resources for a benefit, usually money and VP], move your man across the map). You also start with two hidden cards that tell you places where you want to set up trading posts and if you complete them by the end of the game you get a bunch of bonus points. The other thing you start with is a character card that has some crazy good ability (one opponent had one where you didn't have to roll your dice, you can just pick whichever side you want when you place them). This seems to have a lot of influence over how you will be playing the game.

There are only 5 rounds and you have 5 dice and actions can take up to 3 dice, and you can also do non-main actions on your turn that can use up your dice so rounds seem to fly past and you can't do all the things you want. You always feel low on resources and/or money, and "if only I had one more x I could do y." Despite the huge variance in starting character abilities, the game seems pretty well balanced out, and having all 6s isn't automatically better than other rolls -- I only once felt kinda screwed by my roll.

Ultimately, there are a lot of choices to make on your turn, it plays relatively fast, and there is a decent amount of variance in each game played. I'd definitely play it again and would probably choose a different starting character, or make better use of it. Planning your routes is important because you don't generally get a chance to double back.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

Thank you. I think I haven't been focusing on Artifacts and Spells enough, perhaps. I've been mainly aiming for things that get me advanced actions. Then I grab Artifacts, Units, or a spell if one looks nice and it's easyish to get.

Expose is one spell I actually had in my second solo game today; it made a huge difference.

I also had some Utem Mages. I used the effect that let me make every attack a siege attack, then used Mass Expose to remove fortifications. I was able to take out most of the defenders preemptively, and let the units tank/take out the rest.

Of course, I was about done with the assault when I realized that I shouldn't actually have the mages. I thought they were a Mage Tower unit, but they're a city unit. So I hosed that up. :(

The key to killing cities is often handsize - and things that mimic it. Raze a village, stand next to a keep - if you've killed 3 keeps and standing next to one of them leaves you three hexes away from the assault, bear in mind that using two cards to assault the city still leaves you at +1 handsize...)

. Get some levels. Get artefacts (artefacts are amazing, and better than most actions or spells if you''re willing to blow them up which is often sensible). Get units, and if you think you're killing the city that night, avoid using them. Ideally do it at night so you can use black mana. Collect as many crystals as you can, and don't be afraid to blow them all the gently caress up killing big cities.

You've already realised that just getting AAs isn't usually enough. The AAs are better than your basic actions, but not usually as good as spells or artefacts, and just having more of them without focus doesn't really help as much as you'd think.

The more advanced things have already been mentioned above but bear mentioning again - focus your deck being the most important. Focus on either killing all the things before they can wound you, or blocking them so they don't wound you.

Also remember that you can usually come back for another go, and it might be more important to block more enemies and kill only the critical ones (paralysers, etc), then come back and kill the rest later.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Thanks for recommending Mage Knight, just ordered on Amazon as it was out of stock here. You were all also mentioning a LOTR game to tickle me and my partners co-op rpg-lite bone but there are like a million LOTR games at the local game shop... what is the fun, balanced deck building game one? Should I be getting any expansions? There was an overwhelming amount of stuff there and the people who work there are nice and all but they're "everything is wonderful buy everything" people which doesn't help.

This one. Don't worry about expansions just yet, buy those as you want to when you get bored of the base game. They add some cards for your decks and a new adventure (the big ones add more cards and several adventures).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Impermanent posted:

I think having problems taking cities is one of the more common blocks for newer players. It is basically a final exam of "did you build a deck/tableau that is at least THIS efficient?" What you should be doing is thinking both long-term and short-term during every round, constantly assessing what opportunities are on the board and how you can build your deck to take advantage of them. On the subject of taking spells: If I'm Arythea and Fire Wall comes out, that is now my new number one priority and I know that I can take a few wounds fighting a tower I normally wouldn't in order to claim that prize. On the other hand, if I'm Tovak and Fire Wall comes out I may not care if an advanced action is in the offer that's more interesting.

In other words, spells aren't as important if your deck doesn't care about them. Synergy is!

If you're still having a hard time try playing Goldyx. His general strategy is "all the crystals all the time" so it's easy to adapt to whatever situation you're given.

The one thing you should always try to get is artifacts. The (sadly broken) pvp combat rules have artifacts as one of the only cards that can be stolen because of how game-changing they are.

Is block really worth prioritizing? I guess I can see that, but it seems kinda weird. When I block I often don't have enough cards left over to kill the monsters.

I find I tend to do best with Goldyx and Arathea. Norowas is alright if I can get a lot of units. I suck with tovak.

EBag
May 18, 2006

EvilChameleon posted:

The Voyages of Marco Polo

Thanks, I'll keep my eye on this one. I think for my money Troyes would still be the king of dice drive WP games.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

You can easily own both, they are very different.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Is block really worth prioritizing? I guess I can see that, but it seems kinda weird. When I block I often don't have enough cards left over to kill the monsters.

I'm so far from a Mage Knight expert it isn't even funny, but I'll try. Block does two things for you. First, stuff with Brutal or Paralyze or Poison is stuff you want blocked moreso than others. Secondly, blocked attacks don't deal damage to do. This is obvious, of course, but it means that blocking can give you endurance for multiple assaults.

Like, when you get up to 3 armor/5 handsize is an early game breakpoint, but 4 armor/6 handsize is even moreso. That lets you take five wounds before having to lose all your cards, and five wounds could be from 2-5 unblocked attacks. When city garrisons are only three enemies that could be all of them, but for higher level cities or taking on Volkare you really need a way to mitigate taking twenty wounds, and that's siege or block.

Rosalie_A fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 30, 2015

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

EBag posted:

Thanks, I'll keep my eye on this one. I think for my money Troyes would still be the king of dice drive WP games.

I still like Troyes best but this game is easier to teach and isn't really the same.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm thinking of picking up Pandemic to get some of my family and other friends into board gaming and I know Pandemic is a good intro game for a lot of people but I've only played it twice myself. Are any of the expansions worth picking up to go with it or just stick to the core set for a while even if I have a variety of play groups?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Flipswitch posted:

I'm thinking of picking up Pandemic to get some of my family and other friends into board gaming and I know Pandemic is a good intro game for a lot of people but I've only played it twice myself. Are any of the expansions worth picking up to go with it or just stick to the core set for a while even if I have a variety of play groups?

Pandemic alone is fine, but you'll want On the Brink rather quickly. The Mutation Challenge gives the game a lot more life, and the Virulent Epidemics and wider variety of roles and events keep the game from getting stale. In the Lab can be a much later purchase, once Base+OTB gets too familiar. I still haven't picked up State of Emergency, but that's because Pandemic hasn't come off my shelf in about a year.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Flipswitch posted:

On The Brink is good, though it adds the bioterrorist which means the game is no longer straight co-op. May or may not be your thing depending on why you bought Pandemic in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You can just not play with the bioterrorist role though, so it's a non-issue.