Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

What is this, the 1600s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

Not a typo, but remember when Obama said "57 states" once and conservatives wouldn't shut up about it for years?
Not only did they not stop talking about it, I had family members claim that it was actually proof that he's a Muslim because he was clearly sneaking in a reference to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, which has 57 member states.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KateFangman/status/908067147221307392

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

trump has multiple options available to not look like a slob and he chose none of them. this says things about his character, none of them good - he's lazy, he doesn't care how he appears to others, he actively disregards the good advice of others, he interacts with nobody actually willing to give him good advice, etc.

i dress like a dumb piece of poo poo but then again i am a dumb piece of poo poo and i'm definitely not trying to project the aura of "i am competent and respectable" like you would normally expect the president of the united states to at least try for. he knows at least he needs to wear a suit and a tie bare minimum but beyond that he can't be bothered with the details and that's disturbing. like i would respect him more if he wore a stained tshirt and cutoffs

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KickerOfMice posted:

The shoulders look as if he's got a cardboard box under there, his tie is taped together, his jackets are always waaay tooo long, and your tie should not end by your balls, try the belt buckle you monster!

I do. I give a poo poo. :tizzy:

All of his clothing is designed to hide what a hideous Baron Harkonan Body Goals Golem he is. Looking like poo poo is secondary to distracting you from the fact that he's a fat bag of poo poo. The shoulders decrease the disparity between his waist and weak shoulders. The tie both draws attention to his chest and by being way too long make his torso look longer and thus less fat as all gently caress. The extra long jacket similarly makes his waist look lower, shifting the visual from his blimp of a gut to his relatively smaller hips. It also hides his hideous, lumpy, fat rear end. Similarly his disastrous hair is a combined lie that he isn't bald as gently caress and draws your eye away from his pelican pouch neck.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Glumslinger posted:

What is this, the 1600s?
I think it's kind of refreshing for this administration to have a person who's openly biased against people who may be white in a position of state authority for once. Kind of shows Trump's commitment to diversity.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Trump thread: his hair is a combined lie

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Hmm, maybe something, maybe nothing

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/susan-rice-house-investigators-unmasked-trump-officials/index.html

quote:

Washington (CNN)Former national security adviser Susan Rice privately told House investigators that she unmasked the identities of senior Trump officials to understand why the crown prince of the United Arab Emirates was in New York late last year, multiple sources told CNN.
The New York meeting preceded a separate effort by the UAE to facilitate a back-channel communication between Russia and the incoming Trump White House.

The crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, arrived in New York last December in the transition period before Trump was sworn into office for a meeting with several top Trump officials, including Michael Flynn, the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and his top strategist Steve Bannon, sources said.

The Obama administration felt misled by the United Arab Emirates, which had failed to mention that Zayed was coming to the United States even though it's customary for foreign dignitaries to notify the US government about their travels, according to several sources familiar with the matter. Rice, who served as then-President Obama's national security adviser in his second term, told the House Intelligence Committee last week that she requested the names of the Americans mentioned in the classified report be revealed internally, a practice officials in both parties say is common.

Rice's previously undisclosed revelation in a classified setting shines new light on a practice that had come under sharp criticism from the committee chairman, California Rep. Devin Nunes, and President Donald Trump, who previously accused Rice of committing a crime.

But her explanation appears to have satisfied some influential Republicans on the committee, undercutting both Nunes and Trump and raising new questions about whether any Trump associates tried to arrange back-channel discussions with the Russians.

"I didn't hear anything to believe that she did anything illegal," Florida Rep. Tom Rooney, a Republican helping to lead the panel's Russia invesigation, told CNN of Rice's testimony. He declined to discuss any of the contents of her classified remarks

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

All of his clothing is designed to hide what a hideous Baron Harkonan Body Goals Golem he is. Looking like poo poo is secondary to distracting you from the fact that he's a fat bag of poo poo. The shoulders decrease the disparity between his waist and weak shoulders. The tie both draws attention to his chest and by being way too long make his torso look longer and thus less fat as all gently caress. The extra long jacket similarly makes his waist look lower, shifting the visual from his blimp of a gut to his relatively smaller hips. It also hides his hideous, lumpy, fat rear end. Similarly his disastrous hair is a combined lie that he isn't bald as gently caress and draws your eye away from his pelican pouch neck.

That all makes shockingly perfect sense.

skylined! posted:

Debate & Discussion > Trump thread: his hair is a combined lie

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And in the meantime where did he keep his armies?

IN HIS SLEEVIES

Which he also cut off so as not to wake his cat

This "Muhammad" guy sounds pretty loving awesome. Where can I learn more about him? Are his writings available online?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

This "Muhammad" guy sounds pretty loving awesome. Where can I learn more about him? Are his writings available online?

And did he like cats? This is important.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Someone post a picture of him so I know who you're talking about.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hanales posted:

And did he like cats? This is important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muezza

yes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/business/wp/2017/09/13/martin-shkreli-apologizes-for-facebook-post-about-hillary-clinton/

Pharma Bro just went to jail for real. Get hosed.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man USPOL taking up the general talk has you guys going loving insane, doesn't it? I figure you are about 1 more tweetless day from making Mohammad memes and resorting to cannibalism.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It seems increasingly likely that Flynn and Kushner, with Manafort had some kind of back channel to the Russians. I know that story about them using Erik Prince as an intermediary is still being looked into.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Muhammad's awesome sleeveless robe showing off his 22" pythons.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It seems increasingly likely that Flynn and Kushner, with Manafort had some kind of back channel to the Russians. I know that story about them using Erik Prince as an intermediary is still being looked into.

CNN posted this a bit ago, which seems to tie into that notion.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/susan-rice-house-investigators-unmasked-trump-officials/index.html

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Isnt this the second time they have done Tim/Tom swap?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Drain the Swamp update:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/908102920268337152

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joy of joys. dude just sits around doing too much cocaine and posting dumb poo poo. That's why he's so pale. Caught up to him this time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Another interesting Russia story today

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/908115608440635392
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-russia-propaganda-20170913-story.html

quote:

The FBI is investigating two Russian government-funded media organizations that operate in the United States following accusations that they were part of a massive Kremlin operation to help swing last year’s presidential election to Donald Trump.

Russia Today, Moscow’s flagship English language television broadcaster, and Sputnik News, a radio and wire service funded by the Kremlin, claim to be legitimate news gathering organizations, no different from the BBC.

But the FBI is exploring whether the two Russian organizations should be required to register as foreign agents, invoking a U.S. law originally passed before World War II to prevent the spread of Nazi propaganda.

A U.S. intelligence community report on Moscow’s interference in the 2016 presidential race concluded in January that Sputnik and RT, as Russia Today is known, were part of a multi-faceted Russian intelligence operation aimed at discrediting democracy and helping Trump win in November.

Some former employees of the Russian media organizations, which operate from separate offices several blocks from the White House, agree with that assessment.

Sputnik “is not a news agency. It’s meant to look like one, but it’s propaganda,” said Andrew Feinberg, a former White House correspondent for Sputnik. He said FBI agents interviewed him for two hours last month about the Russian government’s influence over the operation.

Feinberg said that during his five months at Sputnik, his editors were interested almost exclusively in stories about political conspiracies, and made clear that the organization took orders from Moscow.

“They always wanted to make the U.S. government look stupid,” he said. “I was constantly told, ‘Moscow wanted this or Moscow wanted that.’”

The question of who dictated editorial decisions was of particular concern to the FBI agents who questioned him, Feinberg said.

“They wanted to know, ‘Did they get their direction from Moscow,’ and of course the answer was ‘Yes,’” he said. He said he gave the FBI thousands of emails to and from editors from his time at Sputnik.

quote:

The Foreign Agents Registration Act, passed in 1938, requires anyone in the U.S. who acts "at the order, request, or under the direction or control" of a foreign government to register with the Justice Department and to disclose financial information.

The statute, known as FARA, provides an exception for “any news or press service” as long at its coverage is not directed by a foreign government.

The exception has long allowed news organizations funded by foreign governments but free from their control over editorial decisions — like the British Broadcasting Corp. or Germany’s Deutsche Welle — to operate on U.S. soil without registering with the Justice Department.

FARA experts say that if RT and Sputnik refuse Justice Department requests to register, they could face civil or criminal prosecution under the law. The law carries penalties of up to five years in prison and fines up to $10,000.

“If it’s the case that they are directed by the Russian government, then it raises a strong question as to why they are not registered under FARA because they would not be covered by the media exception,” said Joe Sandler, a Washington attorney who is expert on what FARA covers.

Other foreign media under more direct government control have been registered for years. They include China Daily, a Beijing news outlet; NHK Cosmomedia, a Japanese TV news operation; and KBS Korean Broadcasting System, a South Korean company, records show.

quote:

Sputnik has expanded its U.S. operations since the election. In June, it announced that it had subleased a radio station in Reston, Va., and began broadcasting on July 1 into Washington and its suburbs in northern Virginia.

Using a signal that formerly broadcast bluegrass music, Sputnik shifted the programming to a 24-hour talk format that consistently criticizes U.S. government policy and parrots Kremlin themes.

“Why the myth of Russian interference in U.S. election is destroying American democracy,” was the subject of one recent Sputnik podcast.

quote:

In a separate move Wednesday, the Homeland Security Department ordered federal agencies to stop using anti-virus software and other computer products from AO Kaspersky Lab, a privately owned Russian company, warning that Russian authorities might exploit the software to penetrate or disrupt sensitive U.S. digital systems.

The order, issued by Homeland Security’s acting secretary, Elaine Duke, gave :frogsiren:federal civilian agencies 30 days to inventory all Kaspersky software products on their systems and 90 days to stop using it.:frogsiren:

“The department is concerned about the ties between certain Kaspersky officials and Russian intelligence and other government agencies,” Homeland Security said in a statement.

“The risk that the Russian government, whether acting on its own or in collaboration with Kaspersky, could capitalize on access provided by Kaspersky products to compromise federal information and information systems directly implicates U.S. national security,” it added.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 14, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It seems like Trump is the only thing holding back wholesale gently caress Russiaism and as soon as he's out a bipartisan program of vengeance is heading past Sarah Palin's front porch.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/908106819826065409

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattmittenthal/status/908118648694472704

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

The crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan,
I had to reread this, because for half a sec I thought that was the heir/billionaire that Rihanna's been dating and I was like

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Koalas March posted:

I had to reread this, because for half a sec I thought that was the heir/billionaire that Rihanna's been dating and I was like

No, we are not in the most insane timeline.

Yet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This will go over well

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/908114600868151296

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

If anything this will increase his chances for impeachment at this point.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

There Bias Two posted:

No the only thing that would get that would be "I want to cut taxes on the poor and higher taxes on the rich"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Pence would be more loyal to gop

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

No the only thing that would get that would be "I want to cut taxes on the poor and higher taxes on the rich"

Isn't this what a lot of Trumps base would want?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

To Congressional Republicans: "Do it for the Mnuch."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

President Deal$

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/908070879158050820

Says guy who wanted to ban sex toys

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Isn't this what a lot of Trumps base would want?

Maybe, maybe not, but more importantly this the only thing that GOP party supporters would not allow.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

yesssss yes

:bisonyes:

time to start :f5:ing breitbart and masturbate to comments

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

Somewhere, Roger Stone cries out in agony

jk, Roger Stone dresses like poo poo too

If roger stone was going to wear a navy jacket and black pants it would be on purpose at least.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It would be the best possible outcome for Trump to wind up abandoned by the GOP for being exactly who they already knew he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dick Trauma posted:

It would be the best possible outcome for Trump to wind up abandoned by the GOP for being exactly who they already knew he was.

You knew I was a snake when you took me in.

• Locked thread