Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Chael out struck Anderson Silva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

True

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Anderson Chael rivalry was such a fun time, and the fights delivered too.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I think my favorite talking head promo is Paul Daley saying:
"yeah, these guys have been hit hard, but have they been hit by Semtex?"
I dunno; somehow that lasted past his fights with Diaz and Koscheck.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Thanks for the analysis. BJJ is 90% wizard talk to me and I've only watched for ten years hardcore and made two goes at casually training.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

kimbo305 posted:

I think my favorite talking head promo is Paul Daley saying:
"yeah, these guys have been hit hard, but have they been hit by Semtex?"
I dunno; somehow that lasted past his fights with Diaz and Koscheck.

My fave Semtex moment was when he was losing the striking to Misaki so he started going for desperation take downs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Have we ever gotten Semtex vs Imanari?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Chael got fired from Celebrity Apprentice for cheating. Normally, reality TV shows have to do a lot of editing to make things look a certain way, but Chael was pretty much "hell yeah I cheated :c00l: "

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ditch posted:

Chael got fired from Celebrity Apprentice for cheating. Normally, reality TV shows have to do a lot of editing to make things look a certain way, but Chael was pretty much "hell yeah I cheated :c00l: "

This is the most Chael Sonnen thing.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

...and the pitch! posted:

This is the most Chael Sonnen thing.

I haven't been watching but this is everything I expected :lol:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ditch posted:

Lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ditch posted:

I'm not going to watch the show so either link a clip or provide a slightly more detailed summary please.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

CommonShore posted:

I'm not going to watch the show so either link a clip or provide a slightly more detailed summary please.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/24/14371398/chael-sonnen-fired-on-celebrity-apprentice-for-cheating

Obviously scripted. I can't watch these shows.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I came home to my sister watching it, so I only saw ~20 minutes. Am not going to make anyone suffer through a clip.

-The teams had to do a marketing pitch for a Harry Potter thing at a Universal Studios park, including a brochure.

-Chael's team was running out of time, but there was a note in the rules that the deadline would be extended if there was a technical outage. So Chael used scissors to cut the power cord to the computer (side note: that seems kinda dangerous?) without consulting the team. Then there was a series of Reality TV Close-Up Interviews™ with the team talking about what happened; how they finished was never actually discussed. Chael said something along the lines of "sometimes you need a gangster".

-Chael's team's presentation sucked a whole lot, especially since the other team had a Harry Potter fanboy, so they lost.

-In the "who's going to be fired" segment, Arnold asked Chael to fess up. Chael said he thought he'd found a loophole. Arnold said no, it was cheating, so he was fired. Chael said "if it was cheating then I'm fired." That turned out to be a bonus firing, and there was a bunch of Reality TV Drama™ to determine who would get the regularly scheduled firing.

So on Saturday he lost because he's not cheating (or at least not cheating as much as he used to) and on Monday he lost for cheating.

edit: I can't watch WWE anymore because of the male soap opera aspects, and reality TV manages to be considerably faker than WWE, good lord

Ditch fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 24, 2017

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Chael is the best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ditch posted:

edit: I can't watch WWE anymore because of the male soap opera aspects, and reality TV manages to be considerably faker than WWE, good lord

Someone who was on season two of The Real World said that as far back as then (1993) they were being coached as to what to say and how to react to things. Reality TV has been fake since basically forever.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

1st AD posted:

Chael is the best.

QFT

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
KOTC has a 3 div champion atm. Juan something holds the LW, FW and BW belts. Real odd

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I've been sending Chael motivational texts all week but I wish I could explain to him why his firing was so goddamned pimp rear end great in 140 characters.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I should willie dee him into joining the forums. If you actually crack him up he will talk with you. (I used to have his phone number and texted with him about the best breed of dog - the number is now someone else's so don't ask.)

P. S. You gaming lately? It's been a minute.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I should willie dee him into joining the forums. If you actually crack him up he will talk with you. (I used to have his phone number and texted with him about the best breed of dog - the number is now someone else's so don't ask.)

P. S. You gaming lately? It's been a minute.

i wouldnt say i willie dee'd anything personally, hes a real piece that william

ps check yo pm

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 25, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esu7CUfByA4

A cutout from Chael's podcast talking about his firing from the Apprentice.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Arnold is trying to tell Chael that if he continues down this path he'll wake up one day with a, Hispanic son

vainman fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 25, 2017

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esu7CUfByA4

A cutout from Chael's podcast talking about his firing from the Apprentice.
Shorter Chael: "they didn't make me look like a big enough bastard" :lol:

Ditch posted:

Chael used scissors to cut the power cord to the computer (side note: that seems kinda dangerous?)
Called it.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 25, 2017

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

SquirrelGrip posted:

i wouldnt say i willie dee'd anything personally, hes a real piece that william

ps check yo pm

What's so wrong about befriending a well liked fighter and dropping ground breaking exclusive rumours and getting the only gold mined mma thread?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dan Didio posted:

Who else is in the Chael club of people who fought the best fight in their lives and still lost?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Chad Mendes against Aldo the second time.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Gustafsson x 2. Or maybe only once, because his performance versus Jones came first and was probably both better and more shocking, but he was really close to getting the belt in both of his title fights.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
A Bellator fighter has a medical suspension for undisclosed stab wound. I looked him up dude missed weight gave up 20% of his purse and made $1,350 for his trouble.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/25/14392116/bellator-170-medical-suspensions-includes-indefinite-sentence-for-unreported-stab-wound

MMA Fighting posted:

Christian Gonzalez: Indefinite suspension (CSAC review) for unreported stab wound prior to fight and for chest pain; minimum suspension of 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact with no exceptions due to TKO

Edit: He also lost by TKO. A little icing for the cake.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

DeimosRising posted:

Who else is in the Chael club of people who fought the best fight in their lives and still lost?

Tim Elliott vs Mighty Mouse

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DeimosRising posted:

Chris Cariaso vs Mighty Mouse

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This Week's Events

Friday
Bellator 171 - 9 PM ET - Spike - Melvin Guillard vs. Chidi Njokuani (plus AJ McKee)
CES MMA 41 - 9 PM ET - AXS - Matt Bessette vs. Kevin Croom

Saturday
EFN 58 - 11 AM ET - Fight Pass - Murad Machaev vs. Diego Brandao
UFC on Fox 23 - 8 PM ET - Fox - Valentina Shevchenko vs. Julianna Pena

Sunday
Shooto Japan - 4:30 AM ET - Fight Pass - Yutaka Saito vs. Mike Grundy

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Schwarzenegger: "Chael. I will naht tolerayte cheatahs, in my boahroom." *without standing up Arnold propels his own aeron chair around table and out the door *

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Schwarzenegger: "Chael. I will naht tolerayte cheatahs, in my boahroom." *without standing up Arnold propels his own aeron chair around table and out the door *

Ahahaha.

I'm saving the Chael-cast for later - Being Chael, everything will probably somehow be funny.

Does anyone else listen to his podcast? I want some background on who the gently caress his idiot friend Joel. I find him hard to tolerate at times but Chael ragging on him is hysterical, dude seems tightly wound.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ahahaha.

I'm saving the Chael-cast for later - Being Chael, everything will probably somehow be funny.

Does anyone else listen to his podcast? I want some background on who the gently caress his idiot friend Joel. I find him hard to tolerate at times but Chael ragging on him is hysterical, dude seems tightly wound.

I listen to every episode and iirc the original Team Quest started in a building Joel had behind his car lot. He used to wrestle I think, had a few MMA fights, and did some time for bank fraud. Though Chael shits on him constantly, it seems like he's been there for Joel during some hard times. Some of those tough times are probably his own fault since he seems like kind of an idiot, but I still feel bad for the guy whenever he talks about his current situation.

Chael also said he's going to be grappling Gary Tonon since Hector Lombard had to drop out of the next Submission Underground event.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

FishBowlRobot posted:

Chael also said he's going to be grappling Gary Tonon since Hector Lombard had to drop out of the next Submission Underground event.

bellator apparently pulled him from this, or demanded it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

handsome only face posted:

bellator apparently pulled him from this, or demanded it.

Thank God.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not like Tonon's going to heelhook him and gently caress his leg up for months. Taking it easy, Tonon would probably tap Sonnen inside a minute unless he was deliberately dragging it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tonon will break dance on chael and itll be pretty funny.