Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

except don't because "triggered" jokes are some lazy reddit bullshit

As opposed to SA, the ancient and sacred home of meticulously thought out, highly intelligent jokes.

Also I got a solo team kill with a Reaper ult recently and it was one of the most satisfying things in a video game I've experienced in quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Ok their instant match up is broken.

There i am just got the game and worked on bots up to lvl 7.

They then put me in a team lvl 7(me), lvl 1, lvl 3, lvl 4, lvl 2 ,lvl 4

Ok not bad, but then we are up against

Lvl 9, lvl 8, lvl 6, lvl 7, lvl 9, lvl 3

I died the moment the door opened. as did everyone else.

They had 4 snipers and all on the doors so we were basically spawn camped - i died 26 times.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Regardless, its pretty ridiculous to act like Mcree's flashbang is something that can be avoided through ~skill~. It has a large radius and fast animation, and more importantly if you get hit anywhere in that radius you eat the full stun. Mcree doesn't have to be precise with his aiming of flashbang, its too fast and large for someone up close to be able to avoid it. It'd be a lot less frustrating if the duration scaled based on how close to the center you were, so that aiming is actually an issue and you won't get fanned because some idiot Mcree caught you with the very edge of it.

I agree with this for both flashbang and mei ult. It doesn't need a huge falloff but if mcree stun was cut in half at max range, or if mei freeze took an extra second if you were on the outskirts of the ult it would feel a bit better.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

Overwatch: Try countering this thread as a good post

Had a great time playing with goons last night - Edmond, Epsilon, someone that starts with K who played healer a lot, OrangeElex, and the rest. Nothing crazy happened, but I gave Bastion a shot for the hell of it at one point.

Wow is Bastion strong on Hollywood defense A. I moved around often and was unstoppable. We completely locked it down. He would feel more balanced if he could only heal up to 50% health, the heal was on cool down, or something along those lines. I could always top myself off - I only died twice because a Tracer stuck her ult directly to me.

The only shittalking (feigned) that happened was from the goons to each other at the end. Thanks for making me feel special about that Bastion potg! Also a big thanks to the Reinhardt that tried to shield me in turret form but making it impossible to see past his fat rear end. I always ended up moving. Overall a good time with a great group.

THIS TEAM IS poo poo.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

TheresaJayne posted:

They had 4 snipers and all on the doors so we were basically spawn camped - i died 26 times.

what a loving disgrace. blizzard should be ashamed

dying in an fps? blizzard, fix this poo poo

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

TheresaJayne posted:

Isn't the difference between a level 9 and level 3 like, 6 games?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What are some goofy questions I can ask the other team before the match starts to inhibit a sense of sportsmanship and make them have fun?

So far I like:
"What toppings do you like on pizza?"
"Which was the best Beatle?"
and other innocuous little things
Or sometimes I'll set up a Popsicle stick type joke or a fun knock knock joke.

No sense in being a jerk, I want to have fun! :-)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

TheresaJayne posted:

yeah those are actually all pretty close in level

just wait til you get into a game at level 50 against level 112's

it's pretty much the same

Spanish Manlove posted:

What are some goofy questions I can ask the other team before the match starts to inhibit a sense of sportsmanship and make them have fun?

So far I like:

just cheese, and Ringo

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

So far I like:

So who among you is saved in the grace of the one true God?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
defending Numbani as Zenyatta, my friend is running Reaper. I run 5 golds for the entire match, being bumped down to silver in Eliminations because of a few good Qs my Reaper pal gets. At the end, after a close match, we inevitably lose.

A Hanzo pubbie says, "except for reaper you guys sucked"

Then my card for 4 Gold Medals show up; "Hi, I had 4 gold medals," I say, foolishly thinking that this will make him have more brain cells.

"so you almost didn't suck?"

:psyduck:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Spanish Manlove posted:

So far I like:

"So what is everyone's views on the Armenian genocide?"

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Spanish Manlove posted:

So far I like:

"Has anyone played Battleborn?"

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What's your favorite pokemon that isn't ditto

Dren posted:

Does anyone else find that MMR seems to adjust pretty quickly when solo queuing? Get 4 golds a couple games in a row and suddenly everyone you're playing with is competent and saying useful things on mic.
I'm guessing it's based on your last 20 rounds same as the leaving mechanic. I had an extreme losing streak where I went from being matched into groupstomps to eventually being matched with some terrible players in 2 rounds that felt handcrafted for an easy victory on my part but we lost due to an aimhacking widow I was reluctant to accuse. If you ever wonder if you've hit the bottom MMR tier, trust me you'll know it when you reach rock bottom MMR. You'll be playing with angry 8-year-olds.

So when you see a widowmaker flailing around with a high sens getting all these snap headshots maybe just call them out and be 'that guy.' The godlike widowmakers you'll run into regularly at the better MMR barely move their crosshairs. Their secret is they already know where your head is going to be. :ssh:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I'm reluctant to accuse someone of aimhacking because some people are just really good at aiming because they have so much experience with FPS games and Widowmaker is about as ez mode as it gets.

When I do encounter those Widowmakers I do file a report and specifically say "maybe hacking or like way too good for my mmr please get them the gently caress out of my games" ad verbatim

Maybe it'll work

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blizzard community rep stares in befuddlement at replay of bronze-level Widow getting a couple headshots here and there and dying eight times to Bastion.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

I'm level 38 mostly playing in solo queue + most of the people I get matched up with range from like 20-120 and I've learned it doesn't really seem to matter.

It feels like whether you're on attack/defense is a bigger factor in how the match is going to go but maybe that's just me (I'm so bad at anubis attack)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sometimes I play against some FPS savants, but usually it doesn't feel like they're cheating after the initial frustration subsides. As I said before, I had a match where a Junkrat was - to me - clearly wallhacking (amazing awareness of where our team would approach from, sticky mining a Zen's head off right before he turned a corner, etc), but even then I couldn't say for sure. People just get lucky shots sometimes and sometimes you're on their receiving end.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm level 38 mostly playing in solo queue + most of the people I get matched up with range from like 20-120 and I've learned it doesn't really seem to matter.

It feels like whether you're on attack/defense is a bigger factor in how the match is going to go but maybe that's just me (I'm so bad at anubis attack)

I don't think anyone is good at Anubis attack. The defense on that map is so stilted, the attack team is either way better in overall skill or the attack team needs to have a ton of momentum coming off the first point to take the second objective.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dias posted:

Sometimes I play against some FPS savants, but usually it doesn't feel like they're cheating after the initial frustration subsides. As I said before, I had a match where a Junkrat was - to me - clearly wallhacking (amazing awareness of where our team would approach from, sticky mining a Zen's head off right before he turned a corner, etc), but even then I couldn't say for sure. People just get lucky shots sometimes and sometimes you're on their receiving end.

Junkrat is basically lucky shots: the character in my experience, largely because the grenades last a long time before disappearing so people tend to forget when they're near some rollers and step on them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

chumbler posted:

Junkrat is basically lucky shots: the character in my experience, largely because the grenades last a long time before disappearing so people tend to forget when they're near some rollers and step on them.

I agree (gently caress Junkrat), but that case was egregious because I attacked the guy from behind as Pharah (this was Volskaya B), but he was waiting for me, piped my rear end down then the killcam showed him turning around and sticky mining a Zen turning a corner. A Zen and his floating rear end.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Blizzard community rep stares in befuddlement at replay of bronze-level Widow getting a couple headshots here and there and dying eight times to Bastion.

the one time I've actually filed such a report, I was on the receiving end of countless instant-headshots when their cursor wasn't even close to my head, and in all killcams they didn't miss a single shot, ever. They also only died once, and it was because I jumped on them as Winston, and they almost killed me with their rifle anyway. They may have just been good, but I have potato aim why are they in my mmr

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

exquisite tea posted:

I had one guy admit he was hacking after a round ended without anyone calling him on it. I had some suspicion of his perfect lock-on tracking in killcams but he was playing so poorly overall I guess no one thought much of it. It's totally possible for a person to hack and be so bad that no one realizes they are cheating.

When you see the crosshair insta-snap to a head everytime a widowmaker shoots though, you gotta know something's up. If it's something more subtle like triggerbotting you're not gonna be able to identify that by seeing a few killcams.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hint for a new hero discovered:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Sanctum posted:

Cubone.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Hint for a new hero discovered:

I like it, a bit like Genji with the way he throws kitchen knives. Not as mobile, but that will be offset with other abilities of the Chef.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bolivar posted:

I like it, a bit like Genji with the way he throws kitchen knives. Not as mobile, but that will be offset with other abilities of the Chef.

Shift: Swear at your kitchen staff.
E: Idiot Sandwich.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
As someone who is quite good at McCree and I pride myself on my ability to click on heads, I feel bad that there's an entire contingency of people out there giving the hero a bad name by being no-skill chumps who have to rely on a gimmick to win.

The sooner they drop the hammer on fan the hammer the better. He doesn't even need it to take care of flankers as a flashbang and a shot to the head will drop tracer and a quick body shot will finish up any other offensive class.

Tanks are also a joke without it. Yes Roadhog, I can hit your massive head for 140 damage a pop. You're going down buddy, and your can won't save you.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
What kind of buff does chocolate salty balls give to your crew?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ddraig posted:

As someone who is quite good at McCree and I pride myself on my ability to click on heads, I feel bad that there's an entire contingency of people out there giving the hero a bad name by being no-skill chumps who have to rely on a gimmick to win.

The sooner they drop the hammer on fan the hammer the better. He doesn't even need it to take care of flankers as a flashbang and a shot to the head will drop tracer and a quick body shot will finish up any other offensive class.

Tanks are also a joke without it. Yes Roadhog, I can hit your massive head for 140 damage a pop. You're going down buddy, and your can won't save you.

The plan is just to nerf Fan out of the "oneshotting tanks" zone. I'm pretty sure the press E -> right click -> instant kill is still an intended feature for everyone with less than 500 hp.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The plan is just to nerf Fan out of the "oneshotting tanks" zone. I'm pretty sure the press E -> right click -> instant kill is still an intended feature for everyone with less than 500 hp.

ummm lol that won't do 500 damage

he has to press shift and then left click once too

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Sure but that's 4-5 headshots to kill a full Roadhog, versus the Roadhog needing only 1-2 hits to kill you back. Versus fan roll fan which requires basically no aiming and less time.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
They could just make flashbang do 250 damage to the closest enemy hero to the impact point with no CC and remove fan the hammer to be honest. If they want him to flashbang flankers dead they should just do that instead of this weird round-about way of doing it that gives him a way to delete other stuff too.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Higsian posted:

They could just make flashbang do 250 damage to the closest enemy hero to the impact point with no CC and remove fan the hammer to be honest.

woah let's not go overboard with the nerfs now!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Any idea what is wrong with my friend's game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2EBfEeqDWo

He post this with it but hasn't found a fix yet:

"I can't screenshot it, only shadowplay. As you can see, massive graphical artifacts. It happens ingame too but only with UI elements.

My GPU is not overheating. I have tried all graphics settings including FPS cap, fullscreen/windowed, resolution, vsync, quality settings, etc, also I tried reinstalling. I've tried turning off shadowplay, turning off aero.

My graphics card is gtx 760 and the drivers are up to date.

I haven't had any issues like this with any other game."

He's on a 144hz monitor with the blur stuff making it 120hz, not sure if that's it or what.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd check drivers, power supply and GPU memory

e: wait only UI elements? weird

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Higsian posted:

They could just make flashbang do 250 damage to the closest enemy hero to the impact point with no CC and remove fan the hammer to be honest. If they want him to flashbang flankers dead they should just do that instead of this weird round-about way of doing it that gives him a way to delete other stuff too.

I feel like the easiest option is just to give Fan a cooldown (like Lucio's alt fire) so you can't fanrollfan to instantly blow up tanks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sanctum posted:

Ludicolo

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I feel like the easiest option is just to give Fan a cooldown (like Lucio's alt fire) so you can't fanrollfan to instantly blow up tanks.

that still leaves the perfectly lethal fan+roll+left click a couple of times combo, which is still plenty to shut down a tank

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Higsian posted:

Internet Game Designers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Join a game and it's Defending Hollywood. The very first person in insta-locks Genji, has the Nomad legendary skin and the Well Played Spray.

Then as we get steamrolled he constantly berates us that this is all our fault and in no ways his for trying to force the most niche and situational hero in the game on Defeneding Hollywood of all loving places, because he has Gold in Damage and Eliminations (yet he never mentioned his Objective Kills...). And attempts to get him to switch only results in more anger from the Genji.

The reason I post this story is because it happens at the very least once a day and it's starting to get kinda old. I think far too many people have watched far too many Seagull streams.