Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Is the goon gang back together for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Yep, hop in the discord and let’s eat some people.

https://discord.gg/dNP74kdY

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
If you would like to master the art of punching people to death, check out this link. Pro click zone ahead:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PE2y_P9ZGHpEYxkD0ZM52OwQB7Sp9pSs7gIGoj5kuSU/edit?usp=drivesdk

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Epic morning with goons in Berezino today. Three of us and a German pubbie named Todd held it down for a while. Then tonight in Cherno got into a nice firefight only for Radio to die to a 3pp camper in Zeleno military :negative:

Get in this discord!

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Vandalism tried out a tear gas grenade inside this house. Sounds like it's pretty blinding.

New fall damage is very forgiving at times. I accidentally pressed Jump and vaulted from this 4th floor balcony:

I woke up with red health and a broken leg, but with a splint and 15 minutes, I was ok! Then I shot three people from my balcony perch.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Just lol if you play DayZ and ladders aren’t the biggest threat in the game

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Radio, Vandalism and I just tried out the Jurassic island servers. Good fun. From fresh spawn to military geared and in a gun fight within 20 mins easy. Plus there’s dinosaurs

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Ya I'm down to get get "Barry" gently caress crew back together. I bought Tarkov and it's just not punishing enough lol.

Edit: could I get a working invite to the discord?

MaximilianK fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 30, 2022

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Still open for screwing with pubbies in a city.

Discord's quiet lately but get us a critical mass of goons and that'll change.

https://discord.gg/SDMEeSqh

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RadioPassive posted:

Still open for screwing with pubbies in a city.

Discord's quiet lately but get us a critical mass of goons and that'll change.

https://discord.gg/SDMEeSqh

let me in.

I got the itch to play this again.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Here's a fresh link that expires only after 5 people use it, which is a neat Discord feature I just discovered: https://discord.gg/4r4Vqf6fXx

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.
For the oldschool DayZ crew: rebuilding my old Arma2 Overpoch server. Hardware failure killed the old one, currently messing with my favourite thing that is not supposed to be messed with: database

Who wants to have fun die horribly and repeatedly on it when its up and running?

Maenad
Nov 16, 2021

Dionysio
Game is on sale for the next week or so on Steam, coinciding with 1.17's release, which was a pretty big patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmCIiEftFHE

Finally got into the game over the past couple of weeks, despite the jankiness, thanks to a friend and some streamers I know from EFT, like Klean. Wobo's work and the iZurvive map have both been absolute godsends as a beginner, and I'm having a heap of fun -- feels like a milestone to finally be getting out of the beginner towns with firearms with matching ammo. (Though still vaguely hoarding everything because I'm not 100% sure what I want or need.)

At least I'm no longer dying of cholera in the woods.

Wish there were more servers similar to DayOne's, essentially vanilla-plus and maintaining the hardcore feeling -- the mod LegacyGunplay is a great example of that -- since currently it can take hours to get through the queue on their Livonia server.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
been playing again too.

I play on dayone exclusively since back in the smokes survival branded days. admin team is great.

trick to getting on is to spam join on restarts.

Maenad
Nov 16, 2021

Dionysio

The Fear posted:

I play on dayone exclusively since back in the smokes survival branded days. admin team is great.

trick to getting on is to spam join on restarts.

Yeah, they're too good; spoiled having it as a first server (after a rough experience on the official ones originally).

And yeah, I learned the server reset trick by queuing so long that that happened by accident, haha.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I've been playing on The Saviors Vanilla, it has extra extra loot, starting machete, and free running stamina but no other mods. Fun to just find a loaded gun real fast and start shooting.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Any chance anyone here has a graphic of the new controller schemes?

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
Is there a reason I keep getting dropped for bad connection? Is this a common issue?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Games bad, yeah.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

deratomicdog posted:

Is there a reason I keep getting dropped for bad connection? Is this a common issue?

happens to me on official servers. Try lightly modded community servers (zero, dayone, spaggies) and see if its still happening

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

deratomicdog posted:

You deserve this for playing this game. You must suffer as we all have. Namaste.

Maenad
Nov 16, 2021

Dionysio
The things coming in 1.18 are pretty wild, nevermind their sheer malleability. Grenade launchers, claymores, IEDs, all sorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST1LpHE8hPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpMtuTTbKgY

LordOfWar
Feb 23, 2007
YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!!
Wassup people.

Are DayZ goons still active, do we have discord?
Just wondering as im just casually playing in the evenings solo atm?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

A nongoon friend and I have been getting into fun shootouts on the private server named Saviors #1, it has high loot spawns so getting gunned up and starting fights is quick.

I still play fairly often. Poke this thread or the discord and I’ll join you most evenings EST.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
I see a couple of goons playing solo or looking for groups so I wanted to invite everyone hanging around here to join up over on this discord https://discord.gg/vhHPWfuEvz

Right now we have 5 goons and a few floaters actively playing, we've been going pretty hard on https://krypticdayz.com/ https://discord.com/invite/krypticdayz

We have a large base down featuring the max of 20 sequential airlocked doors with codelocks, a garage, a hangar for our recently acquired beautiful blackhawk heli, grow room with greenhouses, along with several storage rooms packed with tier 2 and 3 armor and armories consisting of a wide range of weaponry, attachments, and ammo, so you could conceivably join us at this point and skip the entire early game, getting straight to the part where you die horribly while fully geared

Once this server wipes which will likely be in another 2-3 months we will move onto another modded server and continue operations, so I'd like to form a good core group to work together in going after air drops, king of the hills, and keycard rooms, to get those sweet jugs and tappers, and further fortify our domicile with cement and concrete. The server we're on now has an 8 man limit, so we could rotate players in/out of the in-game group to run with full 8 man squads based on who is available when. The force multiplier when operating in groups like this is huge and would allow us to roll over most other squads on the server if we were to achieve max online capacity. The server also supports alliances with one other group so if we needed to form a second squad that is always an option. The 1.18 patch will be applied to this server in a few days with chaos likely to ensue as everyone acclimates to grenade launchers and claymores, so now is a perfect time to get in on the action

frenzy fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 9, 2022

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

map rustles

rustling intensifies

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I wish Three-Phase didn't self-ban. He was fun to play with.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Canuckistan posted:

I wish Three-Phase didn't self-ban. He was fun to play with.

I remember him being goofy but in a really lovable sort of way. Wouldn’t mind seeing him again.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
I played on a deathmatch server last night just to kind of get a better feel of how to act in the real world when things get hairy and THREE-PHASE was there prone in a road with a 4x on an UMP and he said to tell y'all what up

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

frenzy posted:

I played on a deathmatch server last night just to kind of get a better feel of how to act in the real world when things get hairy and THREE-PHASE was there prone in a road with a 4x on an UMP and he said to tell y'all what up

No way

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I still laugh about him killing Chocotaco with the 4x UMP. Prone. In the middle of the road. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

tehinternet posted:

I remember him being goofy but in a really lovable sort of way. Wouldn’t mind seeing him again.

TP was an absolute treasure

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Any goons still playing this game? Radio you around? Discord link expired.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Been so long since anyone played together I actually left the discord that I set up.

I've been playing on a DayZ server with vanilla rules and faster loot spawns (but still vanilla loot).

I find several guns in a few minutes and get into firefights in ~30 minutes or less, all in coastal towns. It's fun for soloing, I've been playing probably 6-8 hours/week.

If you wanna join we can setup a fresh discord or see if anyone's still a member of the last one to send an invite.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
In my heart I will always be playing DayZ.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I play these servers:

Saviors #1 is my fave.

Meet up in Berezino, Elektro, or Cherno some time this week?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I just got a new SSD and reinstalled this game, but I know it will never be as fun as the goon adventures on dayzme.nl.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Was happy to see saviors added a 1pp server. Down to team up there

Want to add me on discord? Dingus#5134

LordOfWar
Feb 23, 2007
YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!!

frenzy posted:

I see a couple of goons playing solo or looking for groups so I wanted to invite everyone hanging around here to join up over on this discord https://discord.gg/vhHPWfuEvz

Right now we have 5 goons and a few floaters actively playing, we've been going pretty hard on https://krypticdayz.com/ https://discord.com/invite/krypticdayz

We have a large base down featuring the max of 20 sequential airlocked doors with codelocks, a garage, a hangar for our recently acquired beautiful blackhawk heli, grow room with greenhouses, along with several storage rooms packed with tier 2 and 3 armor and armories consisting of a wide range of weaponry, attachments, and ammo, so you could conceivably join us at this point and skip the entire early game, getting straight to the part where you die horribly while fully geared

Once this server wipes which will likely be in another 2-3 months we will move onto another modded server and continue operations, so I'd like to form a good core group to work together in going after air drops, king of the hills, and keycard rooms, to get those sweet jugs and tappers, and further fortify our domicile with cement and concrete. The server we're on now has an 8 man limit, so we could rotate players in/out of the in-game group to run with full 8 man squads based on who is available when. The force multiplier when operating in groups like this is huge and would allow us to roll over most other squads on the server if we were to achieve max online capacity. The server also supports alliances with one other group so if we needed to form a second squad that is always an option. The 1.18 patch will be applied to this server in a few days with chaos likely to ensue as everyone acclimates to grenade launchers and claymores, so now is a perfect time to get in on the action

Ill join, not massivly super active, few hours a week really due to work, free on the weekends mostly but will have a loot and see whos playing and jump on when I can, if you are still playing that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm also interested in playing Official, because it provides a supply of idiot newbies to shoot at. Private/custom servers tend to be full of people who actually know what they're doing and can't be tricked into drinking bleach.