Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I genuinely don't get the impulse to destroy everything the US so carefully built over the past 70ish years, including its mask of legitimacy and regard for human rights....all for a small and relatively insignificant apartheid ethnostate.

that ethnostate has trillions of usd invested in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
"regardless of who commits them" is so loving rich when America and pissrael will never be held accountable for their generations of unforgivable crimes against humanity.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
all crimes matter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

In my experience (outside of SA), people tend to get really quiet as soon as you begin demanding proof of these rapes and murders.

they become quiet because there isnt any, just statements from pro isreali orgs who has an uncle who works for the idf and says the palestinians were making a necklace of baby heads

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al! posted:

that ethnostate has trillions of usd invested in it

And is also made of western citizens, former citizens and their descendants

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there is however proof that isreal deliberately killed isreali civilians by the boatload on oct 7

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I genuinely don't get the impulse to destroy everything the US so carefully built over the past 70ish years, including its mask of legitimacy and regard for human rights....all for a small and relatively insignificant apartheid ethnostate.

Israel is a keystone of America's ability to project its imperial ambitions on the Middle East, ambitions that have become increasingly untenable year by year with military defeat and other fruits of a shrinking sphere of influence. This is the desperation of an empire in decline. Nothing matters more than the ability to grasp onto power to the ruling class of the US, certainly not the veneer of moral superiority

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the only mistake Hamas made was in not kidnapping relatives of Israeli leaders

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i get that the both sides poo poo from the ICC is disappointing, but the status quo understanding from the West is that Israel is a liberal democracy fighting against terrorists. any acknowledgement that Israel is a terror state themselves is good imo

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

thank you for standing up for America’s allies Mr representative mast sir. question: when radical Islamic terrorists blew off your dick, did they get the balls too, or just the shaft?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

billionaire's pet project and rest is along for the ride

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wanna hear the squirming state department freaks on their pressers today. Who are they going to send?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

regarding Oct 7 I just tell people that hamas has also investigated themselves and found no wrongdoings, so we're all good

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1791943615570223496

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Al! posted:

there is however proof that isreal deliberately killed isreali civilians by the boatload on oct 7

unironic request because i have lovely coworkers who need receipts: can someone dump some links to all the evidence of israel's contribution to the 10/7 bodycount, both through hannibal doctrine-ing and general incompetence?

i know it's out there and i thought i bookmarked it as the thread dug it up, but i have failed.

TIA

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

blood libel lol. nobody accused you of drinking baby blood!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

punishedkissinger posted:

i get that the both sides poo poo from the ICC is disappointing, but the status quo understanding from the West is that Israel is a liberal democracy fighting against terrorists. any acknowledgement that Israel is a terror state themselves is good imo

i don't have a crystal ball so I can't guess if this is going to push israel into stopping their genocide or not but I'd mostly rate whether it is good or bad based on that instead of optics

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al! posted:

they become quiet because there isnt any, just statements from pro isreali orgs who has an uncle who works for the idf and says the palestinians were making a necklace of baby heads

Exactly. They either get quiet or start insulting you in an attempt to deflect.

e: As for trillions of dollars and imperial ambition invested in Israel - if any of these people were smart (they're not) you'd think they'd consider the facade of international legitimacy more important than throwing it all away for an apartheid state that's losing. It's like burning down your house to cook your Thanksgiving turkey.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 14:23 on May 20, 2024

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

speng31b posted:

i don't have a crystal ball so I can't guess if this is going to push israel into stopping their genocide or not but I'd mostly rate whether it is good or bad based on that instead of optics

optics in the west are one of the things that could possibly result in the west withdrawing their support for Israel's genocide

not optimistic here but anything is better than nothing

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the only optics that are going to change things for the better are mounted on guns

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Two Hitlers are sent into the battlefield. The one with the calmness posts, and the one without gets probed. When the Hitler with the calmness gets probed, the other one picks up the calmness and posts.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

captainbananas posted:

unironic request because i have lovely coworkers who need receipts: can someone dump some links to all the evidence of israel's contribution to the 10/7 bodycount, both through hannibal doctrine-ing and general incompetence?

i know it's out there and i thought i bookmarked it as the thread dug it up, but i have failed.

TIA

For one example just go look at those videos of the cars from that rave they said Hamas blew up.

Almost every vehicle has the roof literally folded inward by the hellfire missile strike on the top of the car. Like 90% of those vehicles they showed were all destroyed by IDF knowingly with hostages in them to prevent them from crossing back into Gaza.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yep I agree with them

====

‎Hamas: Request for Arrest Warrant for Hamas Leaders "Equality between Victim and Executioner"‎
‎Hamas: Request for an arrest warrant for three of the movement's leaders "equality between the victim and the executioner"‎

‎Hamas leader Sami Abu Zuhri told Reuters that the ICC's decision requested an arrest warrant for three Palestinian group leaders "equated the victim with the executioner."‎

‎He added that the court's decision encouraged Israel to continue its "war of extermination."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...A%D8%AF%D8%A9-2

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Senjuro posted:

Turns out rape, murder, and kidnapping are war crimes regardless of who commits them. Who knew.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hey have you tried loving off

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

This is not acknowledgement of that. This is shifting blame for a systemic issue onto specific individuals i.e. the same old poo poo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

captainbananas posted:

TIA

https://mondoweiss.net/2023/10/a-gr...tober-7-attack/

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/10/27/israels-military-shelled-burning-tanks-helicopters/

Pretty much all reporting on how Israel likely killed a ton of their own people stopped in like november after the hostage swaps stopped happening. Its not good PR to have returned hostages talk about how they were being fired on by israeli forces.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

For one example just go look at those videos of the cars from that rave they said Hamas blew up.

Almost every vehicle has the roof literally folded inward by the hellfire missile strike on the top of the car. Like 90% of those vehicles they showed were all destroyed by IDF knowingly with hostages in them to prevent them from crossing back into Gaza.

Naw the Hamas super soldiers just brought 50 RPGs each on their hang gliders and managed to destroy like 500 cars

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Senjuro posted:

Turns out rape, murder, and kidnapping are war crimes regardless of who commits them. Who knew.

hamas has the right to defend itself

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Genuinely the kind of people rolling itt to drop some stupid gbs/d&d bullshit in the face of a modern holocaust are the Saddest most pathetic loving scum suckers. Eat poo poo and die, white devils.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

optics in the west are one of the things that could possibly result in the west withdrawing their support for Israel's genocide

not optimistic here but anything is better than nothing

Yes. It's well established in the west that Hamas are frogged up terries, so what can you expect from them? The beheaded babies smear has already landed and set the idea that they were especially evil that day. Wanting to prosecute for actual war crimes that may have been committed then doesn't carry any shocking weight to it.
However, the leaders of Israel being held up as war criminals by the ICC is incredibly dissonant with the western narrative and demands at the very least a "wait, what?" from the average person who hears it. I think it has more cut through than any number of stories about Israel killing aid workers, or being shown to have lied about dead babies. Because this has never happened before.

It may not stop the genocide today, but I suspect it is a very significant blow to the structural support in Israel's enabler states. As evidenced by the US's naked desperation to prevent this recommendation even being issued to the court.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Hamas jumped on the roof of one single parked car and fired 90 degrees downwards with a handgun until the engine started smoking, then burning, causing a massive chain reaction.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cookie Cutter posted:

Hamas jumped on the roof of one single parked car and fired 90 degrees downwards with a handgun until the engine started smoking, then burning, causing a massive chain reaction.

Hamas sent one man . . . Is one man. . . His name is Niko Bellic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Senjuro posted:

wait! no! he was going to provide the single teeniest morsel of proof ive been begging for, for like 6 months

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
"umm, there are actually new accusations of systemic rape by Hamas, you just reflexively dismiss those too?!"

yes. it's very easy to dismiss claims that jews kill gentiles, collect their blood, and use it in baked goods. absolutely no need to see 'evidence', thanks

its also v easy to dismiss the claim that during a military operation, there was a step in the middle to stop the advance, do a bunch of rapes, then pick the guns back up and keep going

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

I hate to be a negative nancy but even if the announcement was "ICC actually issues arrest warrants" and not "ICC arrest warrants being sought for..." it's not really going to amount to a hill of beans because the ICC does not have an enforcement arm

it's purely for the rhetorical flourish, however valuable you might consider that to be

I would like to play an ICC enforcement game made by IO interactive.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Just wanted to drop here again that even the pacifist Mennonite Church (who as you might expect don't approve of any violence against anyone) doesn't Both Sides this:

Mennonite Central Committee, "MCC and Palestine and Israel, Commonly asked questions" posted:

“MCC also ‘takes sides’ against a false neutrality that
portrays Palestinians and Israelis as equal partners to the
conflict and that avoids the task of identifying military
occupation, siege and dispossession as injustice.” Israel, as
an occupying power, controls the daily lives of Palestinians
in matters ranging from ability to travel, to whether
agricultural produce makes it to outside markets, access to
water and more. A false neutrality ignores or is unaware of
this power imbalance and the frustrations that it engenders,
and offers solutions that are therefore ineffectual.

Even if your goal is peace and reconciliation rather than a military victory, it's no good without justice (just as faith without works is dead, so peace without justice is only the peace of the grave), and justice here requires first and foremost that Palestine be free.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

go away

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Truga posted:

hamas has the right to defend itself

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008