Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we're gonna need an Extra Credit of Lesbiathon just freaking out about various D&D homebrew things because I felt that in my soul when she went off about grappling in 3.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

we're gonna need an Extra Credit of Lesbiathon just freaking out about various D&D homebrew things because I felt that in my soul when she went off about grappling in 3.5

Extra Credit Reads The Book Of Erotic Fantasy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Mix is a legend for that Dark Seed ref

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

There should be a "min-maxing your fetish" tag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe they didn't go over how the fat X-Wing pilot who died in episode 4 is named Porkins.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I don't think it's laid out plainly anywhere on Wookieepedia but the old West End roleplaying game gave a detailed backstory and wildly inflated game attributes to pretty much every character who appeared on-screen.

Every single person like Porkins, who narratively exists for like 40 seconds and then explodes, has about a half page or more of rambling "he was sad the Empire existed so now he's a Rebel" written about them. That squeaking bat-child thing from the cantina scene, that was visible for maybe three whole seconds? Someone wrote a 500 word backstory for them and carefully considered what gamey numbers best quantify a pickpocketing elfin bat-urchin.

Also the Emperor shoots lightning with a plus one million bonus gently caress you.

I honestly think WEG's stuff really cemented the attitudes that gave rise to Wookieepedia. I'm not sure how you work that into a podcast like the F Plus, but it's pretty funny.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Wookieepedia all but says so itself:

quote:

A turning point was reached when West End Games began publishing the Star Wars roleplaying game in 1987. In order for players of the roleplaying game to create new adventures, West End Games needed to provide supplemental material describing the Star Wars universe in previously unknown detail and to make it self-consistent and coherent. As an example, the Aurebesh alphabet was originally a random piece of set dressing used in Return of the Jedi. Stephen Crane copied those symbols and turned them into a complete and workable alphabet which would later be used in the prequel trilogy. Developing and extrapolating from details like this in a consistent fashion turned West End Games' Star Wars products into a de facto reference library for other developers of the EU.

quote:

The material produced by West End Games was one of the major sources of Expanded Universe material before the publication of Heir to the Empire in 1991 sparked new interest in Star Wars publications and remained an important source of EU material afterward as well. [...] When Timothy Zahn was hired to write what became The Thrawn Trilogy, he was sent a box of West End Games Star Wars books and directed to co-ordinate his writing with the background material already developed in the roleplaying game.[1]

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 16, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Somewhere out there is someone whose favorite character is Elan Sleazebaggano, the drug dealer who tries to sell Obi-Wan deathsticks.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Waffleman_ posted:

Somewhere out there is someone whose favorite character is Elan Sleazebaggano, the drug dealer who tries to sell Obi-Wan deathsticks.

He was a cool dude until he started dating Gry'mies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, that's Elan Mak, the guy who came in third place at the Boonta Eve podrace

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Fuckin' LMAO if your favorite character isn't Willrow Hood, the guy who carries an ice cream maker during the evacuation of Cloud City in Empire Strikes Back.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sleazebaggano & Co. is my lawfirm

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I think my favorite Star Wars name is Lando, the guy who lets them land.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Wow, an office.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

When were elbows discovered?

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

bony tony posted:

Mix is a legend for that Dark Seed ref

Per mix, it's a Harvester reference. I keep missing it, myself.

sexpig by night posted:

We've talked about it. And by talked about it i mean i have demanded another doc like the tyrant i am.

I still got the original files with her full rant. Maybe I can get some "bonus content" up or something.

ShellGame fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 18, 2020

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ShellGame posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkTFLFtKRAs
Obviously a Harvester reference because Mike Dawson from Dark Seed is too incompetent for anyone to think he's joking or be named Steve :smuggo:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Dangit, I got my 90s FMV bideo james mixed up

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Neither one is an FMV game.
:goonsay:

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

ShellGame posted:

OH. Found it. You always were a coder, Steve. Very good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1231794326289686529?s=20

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Yavuz posted:

Extra Credit Reads The Book Of Erotic Fantasy

I read this by accident in high school, no I will not take any questions.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

I read this by accident in high school, no I will not take any questions.

i have no questions, only condolences

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Nothing spookier than a Halloween-themed episode in February!

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
The Channel Awesome rebrand at the end loving sucks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1234136070452842497?s=20

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I swear the youtube captioning just gives up halfway through Kumquatxop's reading. I love the game format!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1234177594293202944?s=19

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Check out the photos. Most of the blurry ones are mine! Turns out bars are dark??

Also this upcoming document looks like the best kind of insane: https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1231069501912997888

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh man, the videos are amazing. Turning on Youtube's auto-captioning for Kumquatxop is highly recommended...

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I dunno that seems pretty accurate to the live experience

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, in person that was completely incomprehensible

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

glow little glowworm

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, in person that was completely incomprehensible

Comparing the kumquat experience in the audience vs on stage, I can assure you it's even less comprehensible when you're right next to him.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I’d already seen that r/relationships post but hearing it read aloud hurt my stomach

change my name fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 3, 2020

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Every time I look at the video and see Lemon I feel the urge to buy a lovely used car

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ahahaha I love the kareoke :v:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Listening to the live show audio introduces a fun extra layer of getting to hear the Windows "disconnected device" noise every time The Button goofs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I! LIKE! TO EAT! ANTS!