Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

idk; it's not my picture, but it says Paddle Pop

five seconds of googling makes it look Australian, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Paddle Pops are Australian, yes. No idea what the gently caress ice cream is in that picture, though.

Kintamarama
Oct 3, 2013
Saw this at the shopping centre yesterday. The typical Aussie reaction would be that it's just a joke, but it's at the very least in poor taste, in my opinion.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kintamarama posted:

Saw this at the shopping centre yesterday. The typical Aussie reaction would be that it's just a joke, but it's at the very least in poor taste, in my opinion.

So you went and tried it, after all.

Kintamarama
Oct 3, 2013
:golfclap:

It's actually not a bad restaurant. For anyone familiar with Aussie chains, it's basically Grill'd but with a different sign out front. If you weren't told they were two different restaurants (and they covered all the signage, bear with me) you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
They often have current event themed burgers, last year they had a Hillary themed burger amongst others in the past. I'm not sure of their effectivenes though, as despite all that I've never seen the restaurant busy, whilst the Grill'd at the other end of the centre often is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Intoluene posted:

Paddle Pops are Australian, yes. No idea what the gently caress ice cream is in that picture, though.

It's a ice cream with a jelly core. Had those in Malaysia when I was younger.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

what ice cream is that? where did you get it

It's called twister/cyclone and it's supposed to have alternating swirls on the outside with a jelly core inside.

They have them in Singapore too and the original lime swirl flavoured one was awesome.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just went and grabbed lunch at Which Wich and right as they handed me my order a horrible Which Wich-themed pop song started playing through the store speakers. I thought corporations realized restaurant theme songs were lame decades ago.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

I just went and grabbed lunch at Which Wich and right as they handed me my order a horrible Which Wich-themed pop song started playing through the store speakers. I thought corporations realized restaurant theme songs were lame decades ago.

It's probably a decades old song that they keep around because they think it's nostalgic. There are plenty of brands that blindly push nostalgia at you without stopping to think about what works and what doesn't

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I thought corporations realized restaurant theme songs were lame decades ago.

idk, I would enjoy well done themed songs while shopping.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

every day's great at your junes

canis minor
May 4, 2011

at first i though it said penis

then i spotted "next level nut m*lks"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's probably a decades old song that they keep around because they think it's nostalgic.

That would be very impressive as Which Wich was founded less than a decade and a half ago, and the song sounded like a recent summer party jam.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That would be very impressive as Which Wich was founded less than a decade and a half ago, and the song sounded like a recent summer party jam.

tbh I don't know what a Which Wich is other than a terrible name for a store/sandwich place

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Aesop Poprock posted:

tbh I don't know what a Which Wich is other than a terrible name for a store/sandwich place

Yeah, but they got the best system for ordering. You mark off the options on the sandwich ba and hand it to the cashier who gives it to the assembly line. Super easy to deal with!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah, but they got the best system for ordering. You mark off the options on the sandwich ba and hand it to the cashier who gives it to the assembly line. Super easy to deal with!

We have that in Pennsylvania at Wawa and Sheetz but they're called press screen monitors cause we live in America in 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just order my sandwiches through an app 10 minutes before picking it up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

We have that in Pennsylvania at Wawa and Sheetz but they're called press screen monitors cause we live in America in 2017

i miss sheetz, def the best way to get greasy terrible gas station food into my gullet when im drunk at 3 in the morning

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boywhiz88 posted:

Everyone does that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I just order my sandwiches through an app 10 minutes before picking it up

Sheetz literally has that as an option

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah but Wawa doesn't have muffuletta/olive salad and the option to scoop some of the bread out of the roll so you get less bread and a more compact sandwich (unsure of Sheetz, but my PA friends never shut up about it and said Wawa was a pale imitation).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just make my own sandwiches :shrug:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Iron Crowned posted:

This is the marketing thread, not the life hack thread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

wow look at mr. fancy boy over here

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique hand craft you an artisinal panino from home-ground spelt flour, sandwich scrub.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Yeah but Wawa doesn't have muffuletta/olive salad and the option to scoop some of the bread out of the roll so you get less bread and a more compact sandwich (unsure of Sheetz, but my PA friends never shut up about it and said Wawa was a pale imitation).

They're sort of different stores, anyway. Wawa's always been about their dairy line, and their deli util recently. Sheetz I think is more known for its grill stuff and the variety of stuff in their stores.

Also, the delineation between Sheetz people and Wawa people is almost literally where county lines are drawn. There are a few Wawas past the western borders of Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties, but there's literally no Sheetz to the east of those same lines, to the point of having literally no presence in New Jersey.

Sheetz:

Wawa:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
All of them are beaten by QT so it's really a moot point.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krispy Wafer posted:

All of them are beaten by QT so it's really a moot point.

Nah, Quick Trip is pretty good, but Sheetz is definitely the best. I don't even get either of those here, but at least UDF has good ice cream :sigh:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Aesop Poprock posted:

Please inform your banks, supermarkets, liquor stores and the GOP

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fo3 posted:

Please inform your banks, supermarkets, liquor stores and the GOP

Hey our supermarkets are starting to get beer and wine in them things are slightly improving. And Sheetz is possibly going to have beer in it sometime soon

everything else you listed is pretty terrible though yeah

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
What's wrong with our banks?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SpacePig posted:

What's wrong with our banks?

A lot.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Oh, so not about banks in Pennsylvania in particular. Okay, I misread, I guess. I know banks in the US generally are very bad, but I thought maybe there was something that made PA uniquely bad, like the liquor laws.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Pennsylvania liquor laws blew my loving mind the first time I went there. Oregon's liquor control commission is a bunch of nuns with rulers who exist solely to keep you from having fun, but at least their rules have some sketchy outlines of internal consistency. Pennsylvania is just like...if you want to drink, you'd better drink a LOT.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Is PA better or worse than UT, where my options for good, reasonably priced alcohol are driving to either Wyoming or Colorado.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey our supermarkets are starting to get beer and wine in them things are slightly improving. And Sheetz is possibly going to have beer in it sometime soon

everything else you listed is pretty terrible though yeah

sheetz in VA have beer, get rekt

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
and its not like, just budweiser and coors light, theres a surprisingly big variety of local brews, its a little weird thinking about it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LogicalFallacy posted:

Is PA better or worse than UT, where my options for good, reasonably priced alcohol are driving to either Wyoming or Colorado.

Until recently, wine could only be sold in state stores, beer in bars and specialized shops like distributors or six pack places. Wine and beer can now be sold in certain grocery stores (not all), but they're legally required to have a dine-in area for the option to be available so they can get a liquor license. (My local Weis has a couple of benches set up for the lowest effort possible.) Wine and beer outside of state stores have different times when sales have to stop for the evening. (Beer's done at midnight, wine's done at 11.) However, despite grocery stores now being allowed, you have a limit of 192 fl oz per transaction outside of a dedicated beer distributor. If you walk to your car, the limit resets. Wine has no purchase limit. Hard liquor still has to be purchased from state stores.

PA makes zero sense.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

LogicalFallacy posted:

Looking at this page, the purchase and availability laws aren't that different, but lol at that alcohol content restriction. Also, lol even more at the idea that these are "modernized".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

PA makes zero sense.

We're adorably quirky!