Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Anyone else get two Say What Agains from the Gunsmith memory recovery quest, crazy drops at LL 302 and just good enough TTK to replace the Treasure Grotto that's currently rocking my kinetic slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

Anyone else get two Say What Agains from the Gunsmith memory recovery quest, crazy drops at LL 302 and just good enough TTK to replace the Treasure Grotto that's currently rocking my kinetic slot

I know some of these words ... I am intrigued.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, when you have it equipped, push the touch pad (on PS4, don't remember the Xbox equivalent) and your ghost pops up and you can see total crucible kills and pve kills.

Mine doesn't seem to show those. I have it equipped. What's it supposed to look like?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
How rough is this raid if you're around 275? I've got all of Monday off and might try to get a group together if it's a sub-4 hour commitment kind of thing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

zelah posted:

How rough is this raid if you're around 275? I've got all of Monday off and might try to get a group together if it's a sub-4 hour commitment kind of thing.

The difficulty isn't really driven by your light. If it's your first time in, you'll need to work on execution which will take time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

As I titan I always cut my boost in shame when I realize I can't make it

Now that we have mantling I intentionally try to put the ledge at chest height so I can climb up like a loving boss.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like I now have an exotic for each armor slot but arms on my hunter, and nothing but Kinetic gun exotics, of which, I find Coldheart to be the best, the others I have are that Lion grenade launcher and the sun pistol.

Also found a Linear Fusion rifle, and I'm good on heavy weapons. Loved the Sleeper Simulant from D1, and getting basically another one is rad.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh just kidding i was testing it in the tower

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

AwkwardKnob posted:

At the end of D1 I was playing as the flaming hammer titan almost exclusively because the melee attack felt beefy as gently caress and I could punch one thrall and make it's head explode like I was playing the new Doom game, and then all his buddies would explode into cinders as well.

It doesn't feel the same in D2. Melee overall seems to have been toned down. I used to rush into battle in PvP and shoulder charge people and melee whoever was left to death, but now it's like a guarantee that everyone will survive practically unscathed and just kill me instead.

Am I imagining this discrepancy? D2 sunspots and stuff just feels.... underwhelming.

Devourlocks are the new punching machines, sorry titans

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah, strikers with reversal on are really good punchers too because the perk isn't dependent on any cooldowns. You can dive into a crowd of enemies and go full ham with no repercussions.

(unless cursed thrall are in the area, then you kinda gotta be careful)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
No you see, as magical beings of reincarnated light, in D2 we mainly attack each other with guns that look like 2017 guns but thicker

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I killed God with bullets

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Mithross posted:

Devourlocks are the new punching machines, sorry titans

add in the gloves that stack up to x5 damage per kill and you can basically destroy anything up to and including yellow bars with a few red bar kills.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6zg0lz/if_youre_a_warlock_with_winters_guile_use_it_for/?st=j7tkqk9k&sh=c5f53a0f

quote:

So warlock's have an exotic gauntlets called winter's guile, which has a triggered perk that procs on melee kills called "warlords sigil" that increases your melee damage for 4 seconds with each successive kills, up to 5 times. This seems pretty useless at first compared to other exotic gear; however, with a void walker with attunement of hunger equipped, these gauntlets are easily the best perk for pve adds, and even small bosses.

Before you move in on a large group of enemies, such as in a public event or lost sector, just proc devour, and go to town meleeing all enemies in sight, starting with grunts. The Damage boost is massive; by the 3rd kill you can one shot any shielded lieutenant, and in my experience, by the 5th kill I managed to kill an Excavator Valus with 4 melees. The survivability from devour even worked for me in Nightfall!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah those gauntlets are insanely good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man I need those gloves. I've got 3 exotic lock helms but only Karnstein Gloves otherwise (well and the Winged armor from Xur)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

zelah posted:

Adds in the final encounter will be very rough. Everything else should be fine at that LL. If you get to Calus and are still 275, be a shadow realm runner and you'll be okay.

Calus is the only encounter AFAIK that has enemies of a level higher than that. More light makes things easier but is not necessary.

Edit: 4 hours is probably the low mark for a raid with a guy or two who are new, though. If you are being sherpa'd that will be fine, but expect to take longer if you aren't the only first-timer, and MUCH longer if you all are (like, 6 hours a night for a week longer).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
The baths might also be a little rough at 275, but if you bought merciless off Xur and have it infused decently that will negate the problem.

(Only this week though. Next week, assuming the order keeps shifting, they'll be easier anyway)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Father Wendigo posted:

Would an in-depth review of the three Destiny 2 Promo Rockstar flavors be acceptable for entry in the contest?

Sure. It's going to be judged on creative merit.

But you have to make it Destiny themed.

Perhaps a review in the style of the Oryx Grimoire entries?

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Has anyone seen a breakdown of possible stat spreads (i.e. The possible combinations of values for mobility/resilience/recovery), or at least a database that has possible stat values for individual armor pieces?

Also if two different armor sets for a particular class have the same label, do they have the same point spreads? For instance, if I have two different heavy titan chest pieces, will they have the same stat spreads?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Insane Totoro posted:

Sure. It's going to be judged on creative merit.

But you have to make it Destiny themed.

Perhaps a review in the style of the Oryx Grimoire entries?

Do you mean cards from the Taken King expansion in general, or some in particular?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

Has anyone seen a breakdown of possible stat spreads (i.e. The possible combinations of values for mobility/resilience/recovery), or at least a database that has possible stat values for individual armor pieces?

Also if two different armor sets for a particular class have the same label, do they have the same point spreads? For instance, if I have two different heavy titan chest pieces, will they have the same stat spreads?

Heavy pieces usually only have either resilience and recovery with a booster for.only those two.

I try to keep a base mobility of 4 for a titan and a base of 6 resilience the latter helps you survive some explosives and headshot break points from mida.

I went back to using the Valakadyn over both Uriels and the prosecutor last night with everyone hiding back map it means you have to close distance and use cover more but I avoided a lot of the trades I was getting matching people at range.

Reminds me of using tlw in d1, picking engagements and breaking off more. With 3 other players in the fireteam using ranged weapons and pushing in front of them felt more like home.

Also the Valakadyn is named after a sea snake that apparently causes 50% of all fatalities from sea snakes. Veist weapons have all the poison shaders. Red mamba is their smg and quickfang is their sword. Kind of cool they all follow that asthetic.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 20, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Re: winter's guile

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/36767792

Watch that shielded orange bar captain get one shot lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Re: winter's guile

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/36767792

Watch that shielded orange bar captain get one shot lmao

There's something weird with yellow bars in that specific event, they seem to have exceptionally low health. Maybe because it's technically a very low level area?

Not saying devour+guile isn't badass, just that I've seen captains die insanely fast in that specific spot.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Father Wendigo posted:

Do you mean cards from the Taken King expansion in general, or some in particular?

Well, let your imagination guide you!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

There's something weird with yellow bars in that specific event, they seem to have exceptionally low health. Maybe because it's technically a very low level area?

Not saying devour+guile isn't badass, just that I've seen captains die insanely fast in that specific spot.

I'll get video of me taking out the big loving cabal lander dude in 4 melees

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Assault rifles seem to be very good in pvp if for no other reason than they give a psychological edge because no one wants to look at the source of a hail of bullets

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thumbtacks posted:

Assault rifles seem to be very good in pvp if for no other reason than they give a psychological edge because no one wants to look at the source of a hail of bullets

If someone is near me and I'm using an AR often I'll just hold the trigger down and spray bullets, a lot of times they'll run away because they don't know what psychological warfare is.

I know it's super petty of me but I get a real thrill out of beating people with screen names like "ONESHOTONEKILL6969"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Got a Hard Light, and holy hell is it an ugly dumb looking gun.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

precision posted:

I know it's super petty of me but I get a real thrill out of beating people with screen names like "ONESHOTONEKILL6969"

My favorite enemy gamertag in a competitive multiplayer scenario was in one of the Halo games. Some quick explanation: In previous entries, the BR was a four shot kill, provided the final shot was a headshot and each burst fully hit the target. In effect, BRs were usually 4 shot because they were very easy to use and shield mechanics made it so that only the final shlt needed to be a headshot. However, in this one (I honestly forget which, Halo 4 maybe?) things had been tweaked and the BR was now a 3 shot kill.

So we encountered a guy on launch night with the unfortunate gamertag of My4ShotBR, effectively bragging about being able to pull off a very easy four shot kill in a game where the same gun was capable of an equally easy three shot kill.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Thumbtacks posted:

.... what?

Edit: oh okay I read it again.

el B fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 21, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of guns, is Sweet Business really that good? I got it a while ago but it didn't seem to be as good as just using Origin Story and aiming correctly.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

precision posted:

Talking of guns, is Sweet Business really that good? I got it a while ago but it didn't seem to be as good as just using Origin Story and aiming correctly.
It's a ton of fun in pve if you are a Titan with the ar chest

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

precision posted:

I bumped into a dude in PvP who was very proficient with it, pre firing lanes like the old doctrine of passing days. A man after my own heart.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
my crucible milestone is at 100% but i didn't get any engrams and i don't have a quest to turn in to anyone? did i do something wrong somehow?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Here is a very short thing I wrote for the contest. It plays with the lore a bit but whatever. I may write more later, if I come up with something.

Hunger.

Not every Guardian finds the void. Some lack talent, some commitment, some simply fear that endless expanse that surrounds all things. But those who do, find something else, something rarely spoken of aloud. No warnings are given to the seekers, because to survive only because you were warned is to merely receive a stay of execution. Each must find their own balance with the Hunger.

Only the Traveler's Light makes this possible.

It soothes the endless lust. It allows for communion without consumption. To call forth Void Light is to know hunger and satiation at once.

But now the Light is lost.

The Void remains. The Void remembers. The Void still sings out to those who have touched it. As much as I mourn those Guardians who died the final death when the Traveler was chained, I mourn much more those who stood in communion with the Void at that moment. Those who lost their balance, who fell to Hunger. We will honor them for what they were, but first...

We must hunt them for what they now are.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 21, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Thumbtacks posted:

my crucible milestone is at 100% but i didn't get any engrams and i don't have a quest to turn in to anyone? did i do something wrong somehow?

Try one more match. Maybe rounding?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anybody with the raid exotic shotgun and the step of the quest that has you going into the raid for the tokens/seals seen if it's any different or fixed this week? Been putting off going in until that's somewhat better.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No you see, as magical beings of reincarnated light, in D2 we mainly attack each other with guns that look like 2017 guns but thicker

The raid guns look thinner to me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FishBulb posted:

The raid guns look thinner to me

You're too fat from strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Well I am pretty fat