Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Do the Warriors ever trade Klay or Draymond? It's pretty much all but guaranteed they can't keep both. Do they trade one mid season in an attempt to get a haul for them? Or just let them walk in free agency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Not really sure there are gonna be any minutes for another SG, but whatever adding pieces is good and the existence of Denzel Valentine shouldn't prevent us from signing anyone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Watching Wade phone it in this year is going to be amazing

leftist heap posted:

Do the Warriors ever trade Klay or Draymond? It's pretty much all but guaranteed they can't keep both. Do they trade one mid season in an attempt to get a haul for them? Or just let them walk in free agency?

Most Warriors fans I've seen have resigned themselves to losing Klay. Losing Draymond would be too much of a hit

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Most Warriors fans I've seen have resigned themselves to losing Klay. Losing Draymond would be too much of a hit

leftist heap posted:

I know of someone on Twitter that seems to think they're keeping all of them and paying a $300M tax bill.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

I know of someone on Twitter that seems to think they're keeping all of them and paying a $300M tax bill.

lol. Lacob already did Lord Only Knows to get Durant to agree to take a pay cut to avoid the very first year of a luxury tax. There's basically no way he's gonna go far into the repeater.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RealChrisPotts/status/885973247111688193

Blakely was the only good player on the summer league team.

And Nwaba is also a good coin flip pickup

It also means Cameron Payne is hopefully getting launched into the sun.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

In the game of life Kemp was far more productive than Pippen

It's sad that Pippen has become the Walter character from Get Out because he's millions of dollars in debt* so he needs to shill for the Bulls so hard.

*all the bad investments. Pippen airlines never took off.

It reminds me of how Duncan wants the guy who conned him to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sure, that will help but there are still thousands of grade-A conmen lurking around waiting to prey upon the next confused teenage athlete.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe he'll sit out for months with a fake injury before being traded away.

ElPedro posted:

I realize the most likely option is the Rockets, but how would the Cavs lineup even look with Melo? Seems like a defensive disaster and they need defense more than offense as is.

Another finals loss.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

IcePhoenix posted:

Wasn't Allen only on the team for like three years? Why would they retire his number?

Dude had a pretty good argument for Finals MVP. The Big 3 wouldn't have done anything without him.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I believe they'll retire Garnett's number because Garnett embraced Boston in a huge way and really made the team revolve around his attitude and he established the locker room culture. It's not to say Ray wasn't valuable to the team, he put up awesome numbers and he was awesome to have on the team, but that was KG's team through and through and I think most memories attached to that championship revolve around him and Pierce.

The old man in me thinks they retire too many dang jerseys anyways

This I can understand and is just another reason why posting on non-team specific boards is always a better educational experience.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am not going to lie, I saw the Niang released tweet and the Bulls sign tweet and just assumed they pounced.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ray Allen probably wouldn't bother to come to his jersey retirement ceremony anyways

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

This I can understand and is just another reason why posting on non-team specific boards is always a better educational experience.

Agreed my friend. I love this thread.

WhyteRyce posted:

Ray Allen probably wouldn't bother to come to his jersey retirement ceremony anyways

This is true. He's a strange guy from all accounts.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

At this point, the Warriors should literally not trade a single one of their big four unless it's Draymond for Lebron James--he's probably the only one you could trade for James and expect to improve the team. Regardless of how superior anyone else is individually, the Warriors pieces fit together so well, there's no reason to throw off their balance.

You wouldn't do LBJ for Klay? LBJ + KD/Curry/Draymond. That'd be like Godzilla teaming up with King Ghidorah.

Brolander posted:

it at least needs "by the pacers" at the end, and doesn't make any sense that way. putting the passive team first in that sentence is stupid. i suppose a reader who is familiar and would know who "George" is and thus where he comes from, but still. i hate that sentence, it sucks

e:it sucks!!!

ee: im still thinking about it, and getting mad

More and more news sites are doing this. Go to Yahoo.com and tons of the headlines are nearly complete false advertisement. If they were printing this stuff out on paper they'd be sued heavily by now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/885973824948154368

Dolan's selling the team?

Also the English language is conplete garbage.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/IndyStarSports/status/885978596908687361

After seeing that picture, I now want the Pacers to add Javale McGee.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Donnie Wahlberg Leaves a $2,000 Tip at Waffle House and Gives the Staff Backstage Passes and shows Andre Roberson how it's done
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/donnie-wahlberg-leaves-2000-tip-waffle-house-gives-staff-backstage-passes-172831038.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vp--AlWBrU

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also I don't really like Melo, but the guy has been at 30 USG% his entire career, of course he's gonna be mediocre on defense. He will be fine once his usage goes down and he's on a good team.

He's old now. I haven't found evidence for someone with his career D numbers turning it around. Dominique Wilkins seems very similar and he kept up chucking with awful D to the very bitter end. Alex English's USG% dropped and his DBPM remained negative.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That sounds like a name I would mumble while trying to recall Gorgui Dieng

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

leftist heap posted:

I predict Klay. That's what they have starting grooming McCaw for.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Setting aside the Heat, whats the most sketchy number retirement in the league

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

lol

Lacob doesn't even have 300 million outside of his ownership interest in the team. He'd have to sell the Warriors to pay the tax bill.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Dude had a pretty good argument for Finals MVP. The Big 3 wouldn't have done anything without him.

Yea, looking at 2008 Finals GmSc he came out on top in a close race:

code:
GmSc	Player
100.2	Ray Allen
98.2	Kobe Bryant
93.7	Paul Pierce
87.7	Kevin Garnett
74.2	Pau Gasol
62	Lamar Odom
57.1	Rajon Rondo
50	Derek Fisher
45.5	James Posey
31.5	Jordan Farmar
29.6	Vladimir Radmanovic
26.3	Leon Powe
26	Sasha Vujacic
23.4	Eddie House
16.7	P.J. Brown
14.7	Kendrick Perkins
10.8	Trevor Ariza
8.7	Sam Cassell
8.1	Tony Allen
6.4	Luke Walton
2.8	Glen Davis
1.9	Ronny Turiaf
-2.5	Chris Mihm

They stole a ring from PJ.

Spacebump posted:

I understand that. I just don't understand why they wouldn't retire his number (assuming they are planning on retiring Garnett's). The only reason I could guess was loyalty but I really have no idea.

IMO only guys with 200+ WS with one team should get the honor. Save everyone a TON of time:

code:
Michael Jordan 	 23
Karl Malone      32
John Stockton    12
Tim Duncan       21
Dirk Nowitzki    41
According to this pattern the next guy to reach 200 with a single team should wear #14.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Will Miami retire LeBron's 6? I think there's an argument to be made for it

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dexo posted:

It also means Cameron Payne is hopefully getting launched into the sun.

I thought I read something yesterday that the Bulls already got rid of Payne. Is that not the case?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Carlosologist posted:

Will Miami retire LeBron's 6? I think there's an argument to be made for it

I think a big part of retiring a number is having a better claim than another team. I don't think Miami has that. Also, Boston shouldn't retire Garnett, Minnesota should.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

predicto posted:

lol

Lacob doesn't even have 300 million outside of his ownership interest in the team. He'd have to sell the Warriors to pay the tax bill.

So you're saying Lacob bought the team with the team?

https://twitter.com/IndyStarSports/status/885978596908687361

After seeing that picture, I now want the Pacers to add Javale McGee.

McGee is BACK baby, so many sweet allez-ouppes

predicto posted:

I predict Klay. That's what they have starting grooming McCaw for.

yeah there's no doubt in my mind klay is the one that leaves/gets traded.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Klay will stay due to Curry's ankles shattering after winning his third championship. I know he monkey pawed that poo poo.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Nah his placebo-effect prayer healing will stop working when someone slips him a pamphlet with highlights from richard dawkin's twitter feed

I have a feeling Klay will be really hurt by being the dude left out as they resign KD but will pretend it doesnt bug him and he'll talk hella poo poo but in real life he's straight up crying at being betrayed

Ill be there for u buddy, you are the Real Warrior not KD

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

leftist heap posted:

I think Klay gets traded next summer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Warriors are likely to lose McCaw next year because someone is going to give him a big Arenas deal.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

zoux posted:

BP3. One better!

Clippers gonna sign Aaron Paul

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

ChickenMedium posted:

Clippers gonna sign Aaron Paul

The secret weapon against the Warriors: A white guy that calls KD "bitch" every 5 seconds

OKC knew the way to PG's heart and gave him a bunch of Gushers at his introduction

quote:

He answered questions on a stage from Lance Fresh as a standing-room crowd of 1,200 invited guests drank at an open bar. Every detail was choreographed, down to the David Sunflower Seeds and Fruit Gushers in the green room, which George chews religiously.

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 14, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Zogo posted:

Go to Yahoo.com

no

quote:

He answered questions on a stage from Lance Fresh as a standing-room crowd of 1,200 invited guests drank at an open bar. Every detail was choreographed, down to the David Sunflower Seeds and Fruit Gushers in the green room, which George chews religiously.

did he chew the seeds and gushers together

Brolander fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 15, 2017

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

I probably watched more minutes of David Nwaba play than was good for me last year + this year. I even got his autograph. I thought he played well as a 12th dude off the bench and could be put in to play some hard defense for three minutes. I guess they think Caruso can do this too and distribute/shoot a little bit.

Zogo posted:

code:
Michael Jordan 	 23
Karl Malone      32
John Stockton    12
Tim Duncan       21
Dirk Nowitzki    41
According to this pattern the next guy to reach 200 with a single team should wear #14.

Ingram.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The secret weapon against the Warriors: A white guy that calls KD "bitch" every 5 seconds

OKC knew the way to PG's heart and gave him a bunch of Gushers at his introduction

Gushers are amazing. If I had millions of dollars I'd probably have them on hand 24.7 also.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

TheKevman posted:

Why should they?

Of the big 3 only Paul Pierce should have his # retired.

The Bosh retire is a reach as well but I guess he was theoretically wanting to play there for 4 more years and only stopped by blood clots it's like an honorary retire.

Marino and Jordan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

I thought I read something yesterday that the Bulls already got rid of Payne. Is that not the case?

He was allowed to leave SL to attend go a family issue

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

He was allowed to leave SL to attend go a family issue

They should just make him the starting PG and tank harder than anyone else in the league

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/885998079656251392

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

They should just make him the starting PG and tank harder than anyone else in the league

No Dunn is good for that. Payne offends my basketball sensibilities

Like Dunn is an NBA player. He has NBA level skills at at least like defense and a first step.

He cant score but he could easily be a defensive sub and second unit guard even if he doesn't improve his finishing at the rim or shooting.

Payne does nothing but celebrate at an NBA level which might be useful on a contender but not a tanking team

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

zoux posted:

Ted Turner

But he didn't have a number so I guess that doesn't count

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/886008398915018752

I sure hope they didn't get groped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Brolander posted:

did he chew the seeds and gushers together

zoux posted:

didn't Taylor Swift get her number retired at Staples Center before any Clipper did

The Orlando Magic have one retired number. It's 6. The only player who ever wore 6 for them was Patrick Ewing, but it's not for him. It's for the fans? They call the fans the 6th man? They retired their fans.

• Locked thread