Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Al! posted:

it owns that you cant even publicly discuss this without risk of getting fired

maybe you cant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Haaretz in Hebrew is reporting that the iof threatens to expose Gazans as informants unless they give them intel :psyduck:

slight flaw in that plan is that all hamas needs to do is just freeze out those individuals and just leave them be, thereby negating the threat of israel exposing them

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeguoqiang/status/1792969830670410135

US House legislation could enable sanctions against anyone around the world reporting on or analyzing the genocide in Palestine

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

you should try working with chuds. you can say whatever you want about israel and they'll agree.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dixon Chisholm posted:

you should try working with chuds. you can say whatever you want about israel and they'll agree.

*Not thinking about any other implications of this* Chuds ftw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Atrocious Joe posted:

US House legislation could enable sanctions against anyone around the world reporting on or analyzing the genocide in Palestine

lol america is such a shithole

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

What's up with Macron. Supporting the ICC?? Distract people from the anti-colonial movement in the Pacific I guess? And he seems a lot more focused on the Ukraine side of the American imperial ventures going on right now

Edit: like obviously this ICC thing doesn't really matter. Just weird he'd bother to say it at all

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Atrocious Joe posted:

:d2a:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love when people complain a prosecutor is biased against a defendant. That’s what they are supposed to be !

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
China should build an exact copy of the UN building in Beijing and hang an OPEN FOR BUSINESS sign on it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
the aids pier is meant entirely as a means to ship the good war crime weapons to israel with less scrutiny. Why the gently caress would you spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build a militarized dock when the egyptian border can be opened at any time by just forcing israel to let the aid through, unless you happen to have absolutely no intention to ever do anything to stop the genocide.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

China should build an exact copy of the UN building in Beijing and hang an OPEN FOR BUSINESS sign on it.

I really wonder how far away we. feels like months

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

I really wonder how far away we. feels like months

yes they have the capability to build skyscrapers within months, a technology forgotten by the united states

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/icc-prosecutor-says-no-evidence-israeli-courts-are-probing-gaza-crimes/

quote:

International Criminal Court’s Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan tells Israel’s Channel 12 news that he recommended issuing arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant because he had not seen compelling evidence that Israeli courts were probing alleged violations in Gaza.

Khan was responding to a question from the channel as to why he would take the step when the court, by virtue of its charter, cannot hold trials for nationals of countries that have independent judiciaries and that are able and willing to conduct investigations and legal proceedings themselves into the purported crimes the ICC is concerned with.

Khan was also asked why he cancelled a scheduled trip to Israel ahead of his announcement and tells the channel he is willing to continue negotiations and dialogue with Israel as the process goes forward.

Channel 12 also reports that one of the three judges assigned to decide if the court will agree to Khan’s recommendation has recused herself.

Maria del Socorro Flores Liera of Mexico declined to take part in the hearings as her husband, a senior Mexican diplomat has taken part in formulating accusations against Israel, the report says.

She will be replaced by French judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut who will join Iulia Motoc of Romania and Reine Alapini-Gansou of Benin.

Channel 12 says Israeli officials are wary of the French judge given France’s failure to condemn Khan like Israel’s other Western allies have.

“France supports the International Criminal Court, its independence and the fight against impunity in all situations,” the foreign ministry said yesterday.

“As far as Israel is concerned, it will be up to the court’s pre-trial chamber to decide whether to issue these warrants, after examining the evidence put forward by the prosecutor,” the ministry said.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Boat Stuck posted:

The US contributed $18 billion to the UN in 2022.

China will probably be willing to match that in exchange for moving the UN HQ to Shanghai.

I hope so

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the un apparently fucks up traffic in manhattan a lot, so im sure new yorkers would be happy to see it go

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

the un apparently fucks up traffic in manhattan a lot, so im sure new yorkers would be happy to see it go

There’s a plus alongside it no longer being hosted in a rogue state

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Pretty crazy how they are willing to completely destroy their own rules based gimmick alongside their global standing for a lovely worthless apartheid state

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

What's up with Macron. Supporting the ICC?? Distract people from the anti-colonial movement in the Pacific I guess? And he seems a lot more focused on the Ukraine side of the American imperial ventures going on right now

Edit: like obviously this ICC thing doesn't really matter. Just weird he'd bother to say it at all

While the Azeris are supporting the Kanaks in revenge for France's stance on Armenia. Age of Imperialism-rear end politics are back, multipolarity baby

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

Pretty crazy how they are willing to completely destroy their own rules based gimmick alongside their global standing for a lovely worthless apartheid state

Yeah it's absurdly myopic and very funny

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
https://x.com/davidgross_man/status/1792958694860403166
https://x.com/davidgross_man/status/1792960983083696451
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemenite_Children_Affair

quote:

In December 2021, Haaretz exposed a draft report on the affair whose publication was being suppressed by the Ministry of Health. Written by the outgoing deputy director general and two others, it

"reveals the involvement of doctors, nurses and caregivers in taking the children and acting as middlemen in their adoptions, sometimes in exchange for money. The report chronicles racist perceptions at the time of 'backward immigrants' from Middle Eastern and North African countries, using the pretext of it being in the 'best interests of the children' to justify their being taken away from their biological parents."

:wtc:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i keep seeing the habara talking point that it's ridiculous to try to indict both israeli leaders and hamas leaders because israel "is a democracy" and after struggling to understand how that made war crimes any better if not arguably worse, it got through my thick skull that it's a euphemism for "white."

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Owlbear Camus posted:

i keep seeing the habara talking point that it's ridiculous to try to indict both israeli leaders and hamas leaders because israel "is a democracy" and after struggling to understand how that made war crimes any better if not arguably worse, it got through my thick skull that it's a euphemism for "white."

If Palestine isn't a democracy then how did they elect Hamas?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

huh shocked it predates the us doing the same thing, maybe the cia picked up a trick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Peter_Pan

i won't speak on our neighbors to the north and their especial obsession with the practice in detail but this is just a real common horrible hosed up thing the whole of the west loves doing

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

the aids pier is meant entirely as a means to ship the good war crime weapons to israel with less scrutiny. Why the gently caress would you spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build a militarized dock when the egyptian border can be opened at any time by just forcing israel to let the aid through, unless you happen to have absolutely no intention to ever do anything to stop the genocide.

nah. You're not going to intentionally place your supply lines through the region where people shoot RPGs at you. It's about pretending to do something, mostly.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Retromancer posted:

If Palestine isn't a democracy then how did they elect Hamas?

kind of neat how it gets to be both square and round. zionist exceptionalism makes them the "only democracy in the middle east" but when you need to explain why it's okay to run over palestinian toddlers with an up-armored bulldozer you say "well they voted for hamas and consented to the twelve trillion rapes and 90 quadrillion murdered babies that occured oct. 7th"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

‎Urgent | Israel Broadcasting Corporation: Netanyahu orders Communications Ministry to return equipment to Associated Press after US pressure‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%A7%D9%87%D9%88

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

This is impotent screaming in rage. They're not going to do poo poo.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Atrocious Joe posted:

DTA

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

I'm at a corporate team building summit and we had some drinks last night. I think I made an off hand comment about Israel being evil and am on tenderhooks a bit today.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

skipmyseashells posted:

https://x.com/ryangrim/status/1792945760603869664?s=46&t=prPdvwNKek6G5lIo0cy9OA

voting for trump is probably the best move now

wow

death to america

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

atelier morgan posted:

huh shocked it predates the us doing the same thing, maybe the cia picked up a trick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Peter_Pan

i won't speak on our neighbors to the north and their especial obsession with the practice in detail but this is just a real common horrible hosed up thing the whole of the west loves doing

The Catholic missionary version is to make you give up the kids to the church in exchange for charity.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm at a corporate team building summit and we had some drinks last night. I think I made an off hand comment about Israel being evil and am on tenderhooks a bit today.

i told my boss i think israel is bad and i love hamas back on oct 8 and he said “i dont know what that is. please finish installing the transmission”

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This is impotent screaming in rage. They're not going to do poo poo.

They are absolutely going to lock you up next to Assange if you post too good and someone finds reason to take an interest. West is going fash

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

genericnick posted:

They are absolutely going to lock you up next to Assange if you post too good and someone finds reason to take an interest. West is going fash

Uncritical support for Al-Saqr, in that case.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
get locked up. speak until you are silenced. let the govt martyr you - if you stay silent out of fear then you are a coward

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Uncritical support for Al-Saqr, in that case.

Me within 12 seconds of being interrogated:-

"F_Shit_Fitzgerald is the culprit you're looking for, he's the one who loves Hamas, his second account is actually the Al-Saqr account, I love america."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i told my boss i think israel is bad and i love hamas back on oct 8 and he said “i dont know what that is. please finish installing the transmission”

lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i did a little trial balloon with my boss about how i think banning tiktok was bullshit and that told me what i need to know