Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

Because as long as I'm concentrating on something else I'm not pulling, here's the new FFV event items. For those of you hoping for a return of Faris USB, too bad! She's getting a new one!

Bartz's Chase Mode sounds great, and actually manages to work well with all 3 of his BSBs (Yes, Bartz got a third burst). Exdeath also getting her new Runic now that Celes got hers.

I really wish this didn't bother me so much but why the gently caress is Bartz getting a loving BSB3? He literally just got the BSB2 in the last V event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

LornMarkus posted:

I really wish this didn't bother me so much but why the gently caress is Bartz getting a loving BSB3? He literally just got the BSB2 in the last V event.

Bartz is super fuckin' popular in Japan.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Two MC3s waiting for my boys Raines and Setzer tomorrow :getin:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also in JP news:

The V event has a new Spellblade ability.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Potato Sword Strike!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

Also in JP news:

The V event has a new Spellblade ability.

Now spellbladers not named Celes or Steiner can hit that vaunted earth weakness shared by all of a whopping zero bosses!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KataraniSword posted:

Now spellbladers not named Celes or Steiner can hit that vaunted earth weakness shared by all of a whopping zero bosses!

There are spellblades not named Celes? I don't even know that Steiner guy, much less others...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

There are spellblades not named Celes? I don't even know that Steiner guy, much less others...

Well, Bartz and Squall exist, they're basically Celes but not as good. :v:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Well, it will be nice to not cram a random caster with Titan on my team to hit medal conditions, I guess.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ultros Fools Japan posted:

On 1st April. there will be a 1 day limited banner.
Description says "Guaranteed OSB, single-pull only, first single-pull free".
When you draw, you will bound to get a shared Ultros OSB.
No idea on the weapon stats, but the OSB itself is nothing but animation.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Haha it literally just plays an animation and does no damage? Amazing. Definitely going to bring that to a multiplayer fight just once.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I wish I thought we'd get that, I would use it in every multiplayer battle. And so would everyone else. Nothing would get accomplished and it would be wonderful.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I want to get on a team that spends the first round spamming that and "Sorry, so sorry"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Glorious. :allears:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

LornMarkus posted:

His BSB2 is garbo? :v:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Why is Bartz super popular in Japan?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

maev posted:

Because the Japanese romanization is Butz and that makes them giggle?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Cid Raines and Golbez burst and I am very satisfied with this

I also got 3 Bartz OSB's, lol. Go fuckin figure.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

If it weren't for obnoxious slow bullshit that would be a wonderful fight.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I caved in and pulled from phase 3. Two Zeromus shards. At first I was super disappointed but reading the thread gave me the impression that it's actually quite strong.

So yay instead, maybe.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I caved in and pulled from phase 3. Two Zeromus shards. At first I was super disappointed but reading the thread gave me the impression that it's actually quite strong.

So yay instead, maybe.

It's got solid damage, but more importantly it combines Draw Fire, Magic Lure, and Drain on a tanky character who also fits into a mage team.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
So I went absolutely insane on banner 3 trying to get raines / golbez / refia. I ended up getting ... 2 x maxed out Krile whips as well as Golbez and Refia but no Raines. So my magic team is a bit weird right now. Looking for a bit of input.

Mage BSBs: Terra, Vivi, Papalymo, Kuja, Golbez, Garnet (bsb1)
+mag buffs: fusoya's imperil dark mag/res buff, krile's mag / haste / regen
healer bsb's: yoshi cola, relm, aerith

It's a bit awkward because I want to run Raines RW with kuja/golbez/fusoya/tyro/y'sthola so that we can live the imperil dark dream, because from what I understand Krile's Magic buff does not stack with momento mori so that's... not great because then we are hasteless until the bsb's start flowing. So maye onion instead rw of raines? that feels bad with so much imperil though.

I could also run something like Krile, Papalymo, golbez, tyro,y'shtola with raines RW and lose out on the imperil (also golbez is not getting a lot out of this).

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
On a impulse I decided to do a second pull on this banner. Only 1/11, but that one was Raines' BSB so I am completely satisfied. I now have a really awesome magic darkness team with Raines', Kuja's and Golbez's BSBs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Krile's faithga stacks with Cid Raines entry and cmd 2 mag buffs though and really that should be fine.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
yeah I'm mostly just thinking that Kuja and Golbez can both memento mori so all they would really be getting from Krile is the haste. Whereas if I bring Fusoya to the party they both get an additional 30% magic stacking on top of their mori's

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'd still take the hastega so your characters not in burst mode don't lag behind, plus the heavy regen from sheepsong does help. Maybe people wiser than me have better advice.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Hey I appreciate the input man. You're right about the lagging behind and the regen being sweet though. I've been krillin' for months now and it would be hard to see her not on the team.The double imperil dark from the fusoya / kuja team seems pretty awesome too though. but then I have to live with fusoya spamming onion command 2 instead of raines. Not used to having all of these options haha

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I'm going through my inventory trying to get rid of some items I don't really use/need. Is it really worth keeping around armor with higher defensive stats but no offensive stats? I honestly can say I almost never use it. I usually go with higher offense.

But then I may just be a bad player.

Edit: VVV Stop enabling my hoarder nature you monster! VVV
(I'll probably just do that)

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 30, 2017

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Never throw anything out. 1 mythril is 50 slots in the vault. Sacrifice 5, don't worry about it for 6 months

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

please do not hoard things 3* and below

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do not become attached to material objects in this life.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

His BSB2 is garbo? :v:

Ah, I just assumed it was at least decent but hadn't looked at it, if I'm honest.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

LornMarkus posted:

Ah, I just assumed it was at least decent but hadn't looked at it, if I'm honest.
8 hits + enwater on entry, mug attack on command 1, 4 hit command 2. It's better than most of the basic BSBs like Jechts, but still not very exciting. It doesn't stack with Shout but it also doesn't conflict? :shrug:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I know you're not supposed to chase single relics but I wanted that drat claw. Three 11s, and I got it. Also Sabin's thing, Relm's Burst, two Flame Lashes, Gilgamesh OSB and Noel's Super. Pretty nice haul.

Also I'm gonna keep the broken Bahamut. Does it even work? Speaking of Bahamut, Doctor Mog can gently caress off. No, he doesn't do all those things, he just does Megaflare.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do not become attached to material objects in this life.

I never would.

VIRTUAL objects though... :pcgaming:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KnoxZone posted:

If it weren't for obnoxious slow bullshit that would be a wonderful fight.

Nice! Could you elaborate on your builds/strategy a bit? I'm trying to figure out my best path to beating this thing and you seem to have enough in common with my stuff (which generally seems to be 1 important relic away from the more typical strategies).

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Izno posted:

It's a bit awkward because I want to run Raines RW with kuja/golbez/fusoya/tyro/y'sthola so that we can live the imperil dark dream, because from what I understand Krile's Magic buff does not stack with momento mori so that's... not great because then we are hasteless until the bsb's start flowing. So maye onion instead rw of raines? that feels bad with so much imperil though.
If you're okay with going the easy route and just throwing things into the Raines grinder:
Kuja, Memento Mori+Protectga or Shellga, BSB, Ace Striker (or +Mag RM)
Golbez, whatever skills, BSB, Battleforged (or +Mag RM)
Krile, honed Chain spells, Sheepsong, Dr. Mog's Teachings
Tyro, Full Break+Breakdown or dances for AoE, Sentinel Grimoire, Mako Might
Y'shtola, Wrath+Curaja, BSB, Gathering Might/Lionheart/Knight's Charge (or whatever your healer RM of choice is)

First turn is Raines RW + Sheepsong + wall. If the boss doesn't die before Raines wears off, then you can use Kuja and Golbez's BSBs since they should be up after spamming Raines command 1.

You could also use Papalymo as one of the Raines mules since his BSB is really good and he can carry Pro/Shellga but I figure you want to use Kuja+Golbez for the dark synergy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

maev posted:

FF5 in Japan is like FF6 in America. It came out during tons of people's​ childhoods during the glorious SNES days.

It's also a really good game and all the playable characters are family of some kind. It's a really endearing game.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Just did a final pull on the first ffvi banner. I got realm's ssb, which is a medica I was sorely in need of. Though now I won't be bringing mog and his reverse wall, unless I need dancing or I dive him for dragoon whenever that happens. I don't think I can debate another pull on it, as I now have three of the relics on there. Oh well, setzer, sabin and edgar can wait until the next event I suppose. But now I only need medicas for realms iv, viii, x, xiv and maybe xiii!

I also just finished the multiplayer battles. Shadow lord was easy, and m my doom train fight had a pubbie try and use dispel to cure poison. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

iamsosmrt posted:

Nice! Could you elaborate on your builds/strategy a bit? I'm trying to figure out my best path to beating this thing and you seem to have enough in common with my stuff (which generally seems to be 1 important relic away from the more typical strategies).

Tyro was there for breakdowns/wall (I actually changed my party slightly from that screen so he was using steal power + fb dance to not trigger counter ultima).
Ramza was my best haste option despite the fact all my damage was magical. I had him using wrath when not breaking so he could counter any slows with another shout or pop tailwind for an emergency heal.
Hope was just healing (and the occasional protectga) while building up gauge for his OSB. Outside of Radiant Shield he was my only damage source. With faith + deployment tactics he was doing about 50k a pop.
Relm and Y'shtola did healer things (plus the occasional faith or shellga buff). Y'shtola had Mako Might so she could get her BSB off right after the opening Ultimas, while Relm's BSB provided the super critical last stand buff.

Biggest worries were right at the start since I didn't have hastega up until turn 3 and all of phase 2 when his damage output got really high. The random slows through slow resist accessories also had the potential to ruin a run. The end was actually the easiest part thanks to Relm BSB. He always targets the highest HP character with his 99,999 attack so it wasn't hard to make sure he was hitting the people I wanted him to hit, while having instant curaja commands allowed me to get them back up quick.

• Locked thread