Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

the hilarious one

They made a third one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

MizPiz posted:

Which Ace Ventura? The racist one or the transphobic one?

Alllrighty then

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

fruit on the bottom posted:

It’s also one of those basic urges like eating and sleeping. Can those really be overrated?

I think the difference is that eating and sleeping are kind of required for living.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Other people generally aren't worth it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dexie posted:

I think the difference is that eating and sleeping are kind of required for living.

Yeah. But sexual reproduction is required for the continuation of the species, so it shouldn’t be any surprise that our biology encourages it so highly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ace Ventura sucks.

Also, IIRC studies show that sex is good for well-being. It's like how sad/lonely people tend to be less healthy or how relatively healthy senior folks often take a drastic turn for the worse if they lose their spouse.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah well weird al fuckin sucks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

God, you’re just a mess all over

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The weirdest thing about Weird Al is that he actually isn't all that weird.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He’s really pretty Norm Al.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

hawowanlawow posted:

You were doing so well with the Ace Ventura appreciation. :sigh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I loved weird al as a kid, decided he sucked when I was in my teens-20's and thought I was cool. And now that I'm in my 30's I appreciate stupid dad humor I've accepted that he does indeed rule and he seems like a good guy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Weird Al is poo poo. Literally anyone could do what he does.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We're all eagerly awaiting YOUR parody music video. IDIOT

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Weird Al is poo poo. Literally anyone could do what he does.

I don't know, playing an accordion doesn't exactly look easy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lin Manuel Miranda writes some corny rear end showtunes and mediocre raps but man it just works.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ace Ventura sucks.

Dumb and Dumber is and always was a better jim carrey movie than either one and was the peak of his weird+mostly terrible career and the sequels they made were offensive attempts to ruin its legacy. Especially the "prequel" one.

Anyway I'm not going to pretend like I didn't think the second ace ventura was really funny at the time/age I was when I watched it just because of how it is viewed now, though.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I loved weird al as a kid, decided he sucked when I was in my teens-20's and thought I was cool. And now that I'm in my 30's I appreciate stupid dad humor I've accepted that he does indeed rule and he seems like a good guy.

Same but I actually was cool in my 20s :smuggo:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ace in the first is a decent well meaning dude who is just a little weird and annoying/childish like your autistic nephew but ace in the second is just a straight up rear end in a top hat

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lin Manuel Miranda writes some corny rear end showtunes and mediocre raps but man it just works.

He can't just do straight up rap songs or his musicals will fail. He still needs that white people money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRk5YNAh00

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There needs to be a big budget Lexx reboot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked the second Zev better.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Agreed on both Lexx-related points.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Munchkin cats make me sad :(

https://imgur.com/gallery/vGhm6D8

Yes, they are cute, but all I can think about is "Hey! Cats like to leap and climb and tear poo poo up! What if we bred these two cats with hosed up legs that can't do that? And what if we gave these cats all sorts of other health problems too??!?!?"

I also get sad at scrotum cats, but less so. At least they can do normal cat poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think breeding pets should be illegal without a license and spay/neuter should be mandatory without one. Yeah puppies and kittens are super cute but people are treating their pets as baby factories to make money and that shouldn't be allowed. You should need a valid reason that is not "making money" to let your pets breed.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Munchkin cats make me sad :(
:same: but also persians. purebreds look like their faces grew against a plank

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think breeding pets should be illegal without a license and spay/neuter should be mandatory without one. Yeah puppies and kittens are super cute but people are treating their pets as baby factories to make money and that shouldn't be allowed. You should need a valid reason that is not "making money" to let your pets breed.

Does anyone have a ballpark of how much it would cost to make spay/neutering free and subsidized? I can't imagine it wouldn't save money in the long run.

I also tend towards making "outside cats" in cities fineable but that would be insane to enforce. But they shouldn't be a thing. It's bad for the cats and bad for wildlife.

Outside cats should be employed in killing barn vermin or whatever, purebred dogs should be bred like they originally were, for function, not for insane kennel club beauty standards.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

sad at scrotum cats

Are you ever sad about scrotums in general? I look at mine and sigh wistfully.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Caufman posted:

Are you ever sad about scrotums in general? I look at mine and sigh wistfully.

I guess only when they get caught in deck chairs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Does anyone have a ballpark of how much it would cost to make spay/neutering free and subsidized? I can't imagine it wouldn't save money in the long run.

I also tend towards making "outside cats" in cities fineable but that would be insane to enforce. But they shouldn't be a thing. It's bad for the cats and bad for wildlife.

Outside cats should be employed in killing barn vermin or whatever, purebred dogs should be bred like they originally were, for function, not for insane kennel club beauty standards.

Agreed 100% on outside cats. People always act super indignant when you suggest they not let their cat out and say "but he WANTS out, i don't support animal abuse". For one thing, animals don't really "want" things, they do things their instincts tell them to do. Part of having a pet is training them to not follow certain instincts. If you just let your pets do what they want they'd be making GBS threads inside, eating trash and our children all the time and being, well, a wild animal.

e: and yeah there should be exceptions like you said, if it's doing a job then fine, but don't give me some bullshit about how it's torturing the cat to not let it go outside and piss on some trees and murder a bunch of birds.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 13:46 on Apr 21, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Barn cats being exempted from these ridiculous rules you guys have for animals needs to stop. Barn cats are hellspawn that only exist to bring ruination upon all living things they see. They're only kept around as "pest killers" because the loving assholes haven't figured out how to eat cows and horses on the hoof.

If you don't believe in outdoor cats, fine. I want to agree. But stop your bullshit if you think barn cats are "working" or what the gently caress ever.

Edit: I want to be perfectly clear. Pets are cool, but I think keeping cats is gross and probably stupid as gently caress if you don't have pests. They're wild animals. Don't believe me, set Furball loose for two days, they'll still be fat when you come home. Cats are not pets. They're generations deep in "Kill things for food and shelter" but they still loving hate you. They will eat your flesh and find it fulfilling. Stray cats are more vermin than what they hunt.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Apr 22, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

Barn cats being exempted from these ridiculous rules you guys have for animals needs to stop. Barn cats are hellspawn that only exist to bring ruination upon all living things they see. They're only kept around as "pest killers" because the loving assholes haven't figured out how to eat cows and horses on the hoof.

If you don't believe in outdoor cats, fine. I want to agree. But stop your bullshit if you think barn cats are "working" or what the gently caress ever.

Are they not killing things that could potentially harm your livestock or crops, aka the things your livelihood depends on? That is serving a working purpose. Should we get rid of livestock guardian dogs too because they aren't "working" by whatever weird definition you are operating under?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Are they not killing things that could potentially harm your livestock or crops, aka the things your livelihood depends on? That is serving a working purpose. Should we get rid of livestock guardian dogs too because they aren't "working" by whatever weird definition you are operating under?

They're killing everything, it's great. They also don't get fixed and are treated as working livestock by farmers. That means generations of barn cats that roam for miles and kill every loving thing. And it turns out not all farms are as rural as you think.

All I'm saying is stop exempting barn cats in your "Rules For Cat Having" book. They're evil and as unregistered and free roaming as any other stray.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Indoor cats are functionally permanent kittens and can't be trusted to kill anything. They're not generations deep in any useful hunting instinct.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I agree ideally the cats should be confined to the farm, but that's difficult to do practically. I also don't like cats so don't think I'm some cat person, I'm just saying they serve a purpose in a farm even if there are negative side effects for the surrounding areas. Random Cat Lady letting their cat out in their inner city apartment is objectively worse because the cat being outside is serving absolutely no benefit, only contributing to the negative results that an un-fixed stray cat has.

In all cases, just fix your cats people. We have plenty.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

fizzymercy posted:

Edit: I want to be perfectly clear. Pets are cool, but I think keeping cats is gross and probably stupid as gently caress if you don't have pests. They're wild animals. Don't believe me, set Furball loose for two days, they'll still be fat when you come home. Cats are not pets. They're generations deep in "Kill things for food and shelter" but they still loving hate you. They will eat your flesh and find it fulfilling. Stray cats are more vermin than what they hunt.

Oh good it’s the “cats will eat your face the moment you stop breathing” brigade. Thank god, I hadn’t seen any of you in like three days so I was starting to get worried.

Psst dogs do that too. Also a hamster made a nest in a dead person once, that was weird.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Cat's were "domesticated" in ancient Egypt, a gift to humanity from the goddesses Bast and Sekhmet. They provided security to the granaries of the Pharaohs.

Since then things maybe have gone downhill, but don't forget where cats came from. :nyd:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

doverhog posted:

Cat's were "domesticated" in ancient Egypt, a gift to humanity from the goddesses Bast and Sekhmet. They provided security to the granaries of the Pharaohs.

Since then things maybe have gone downhill, but don't forget where cats came from. :nyd:

There’s actually a decent case to be made (and by your use of quotes I’m guessing you’re inclined to agree) that the nature of our mutually beneficial arrangement and the fact that we never bred cats the way we did dog means that cats were never really truly domesticated.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sure. I don't really have an opinion on barn cats. For pet cats in a town or a city, please keep them indoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh good it’s the “cats will eat your face the moment you stop breathing” brigade. Thank god, I hadn’t seen any of you in like three days so I was starting to get worried.

Psst dogs do that too. Also a hamster made a nest in a dead person once, that was weird.

I don't disagree with you. You're arguing with the wrong person. Your cat totally hates you though, if it's in a barn.