Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, the rangers lose their dad all over again.

E: defuckified the credits loop

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, Lizwiz hopes Al's input wasn't about this episode that he already did last night.

But yeah, fire away.

Was there no Astronema at all in this episode or did LW edit her scene out?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Craptacular! posted:

Was there no Astronema at all in this episode or did LW edit her scene out?

If she is in it she was only as a tag at the end, she had nothing to do with the episodes plot and didn't do anything in that episode

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Astronema represents the rangers' willingness to sleep as thousands of Craterites descend from orbit upon Angel Grove.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, Professor Phenomenus displays an utter lack of morality.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Crazy that an evilyzer somehow doesn't hit the Blue Senturion or Tommy, regardless of their lack of proximity.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't imagine how the hell you'd justify to yourself creating a laser that turns things evil. What in the world would make you think this is a good idea?

It could also turns things good though, that could've made for an episode too! Too bad that's not quite as fun I guess.

Then again, the evil laser was used to turn a giant robot evil and not, you know, the Rangers. Which would've been a lot more useful.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't imagine how the hell you'd justify to yourself creating a laser that turns things evil. What in the world would make you think this is a good idea?

Reminder that this is the same man who was enriching plutonium on the same floor as a restaurant.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The best Phenomenus story is about his actor.

According to Narvy, he'd go up to the director of the day, hand-wringing, and ask if he could leave a few hours early. He's an old man, he's tired, etc. They'd obviously say yes, because who is going to tell an old man no?

The dude would immediately hop into his caddy, pop a stogie in his mouth, and peel off, calling whoever who'd listen a putz.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, an annoying side character.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, I thought the attempt for Ashley to have an arranged marriage was cute!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Carlos is not allowed to gently caress.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Carlos is not allowed to gently caress.

Is Carlos or Rocky worse

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We're still four seasons away from the first cool Mexican character in the show. :sigh:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Carlos in Turbo is terrible, but I thought In Space made him a bit more grounded if not totally relatable. Even if only because the Sentai footage made him important.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"Oh, great, we're going into literal space! It's groady to admit, but hey, outside of some guys she considers friends and friends alone, it's space. Any aliens she meets won't be even close to as attractive as me!"

"Wait why does this man look like a dainty Legolas?"

e: my favorite Carlos moment is when hes being blackmailed by that kid, and eventually has a breakdown over it and just snaps at the kid's supposed 'one last thing'. I know we're supposed to think hes being a dick (what with the whole actually dead brother with actual use of the term dead and honest to loving god GRAVESTONE), but in that singular moment, I am with him.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 19, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Except for her one last thing is a moon rock he could go get in five minutes easily, a lot easier than everything else she's had him do

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, a completely different Carlos incident.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Except for her one last thing is a moon rock he could go get in five minutes easily, a lot easier than everything else she's had him do

I don't care if it's a lawn cutting, eventually you have to nip that poo poo (you know, including blackmailing someone in the bud. "One Last Thing" is never the last thing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, a completely different Carlos incident.

"X but EVIL" is basically Power Rangers MO though. Darkonda is a perfectly fitting name.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, Darkonda continues.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 20, 2019

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love how Ecliptor keeps trying to tell Astronema how much of a poo poo Darkonda is, but literally can't because the answer is "the dude gave me Baby You like 20 or so years ago, which even I think makes you a poo poo guy".

e: I do not believe "launch your teammate at the basket" is a valid move. Would've gotten a lot more championships had MJ or Lebron been hoisted.

e2: I really hope squibs are super painless effects that aren't extremely unhealthy to put on a dude wearing a plastic helmet.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 20, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is fun to watch with YouTube subtitles

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised you allowed TJ to actually remember Carlos.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm surprised you allowed TJ to actually remember Carlos.

Carlos is...memorable.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Blaze Dragon posted:

It could also turns things good though, that could've made for an episode too! Too bad that's not quite as fun I guess.

Doesn't that happen though at the end of In Space?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The GGPR annual wasn’t bad. Unsurprising my Machine Empire prediction never delivered, although Goldar on multiple occasions shouting that Rita shouldn’t allow her war to be upended by a ‘stupid machine’ echoes of Zedd’s revenge quest against Mondo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

By the way nice D.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, an actual Megazord.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I went to RangerStop Atlanta and finally met JDF. Con was tiny (this was the first year they did it here) but I think turnout was fairly decent? I’d guess less than 1000 people showed up. Awesome toy get was SPD Omega Ranger morpher which...doesn’t work. I have the worst luck with SPD morphers. I bought a regular SPD morpher at Morphicon and that one didn’t work, either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JDF owns the only working morpher in the world dude

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

JDF owns the only working morpher in the world dude

In all seriousness he did strongly imply that Master Morphers are coming and I will happily give Hasbro my money. He also strongly implied that his daughter will be a Ranger at some point, but he has been adamant about that for a while. He says he is building relationships with Hasbro. I don’t think he has the clout with them that he did with Saban and Bandai.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
A Reddit poster put chrome on the new Zedd figure, and it owns as you’d expect.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How, is there like, chrome paint?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

How, is there like, chrome paint?

As someone who frequents the Gunpla thread, you have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to the cool things you can do with paint.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes it is a deep hole. Stuff looks really, really good afterwards. So much detail is on the figured you don't see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYMrt1YUDg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, issue 40 just came out. Super interesting stuff that'll make one user here super happy. Bummed out that it's not doing a thing I wanted, but it's super interesting anyway.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, issue 40 just came out. Super interesting stuff that'll make one user here super happy. Bummed out that it's not doing a thing I wanted, but it's super interesting anyway.

Too vague, come on man, give us deets

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

It starts after Rocky and the others join the crew
More about everyone adjusting to these changes
White Ranger Tommy appears to be some sort of Morphin Grid Zombie who doesn't require eating or sleeping, so he has more time to hic-siyaaaa and teach karate to the kids
Zedd is Zedd
Zedd hires a Red Krugger to do evil
The Peace Conference was a sham, Zordon just sent them to a cool-rear end secret mission with secret ninja outfits.
Skull has a girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Siegkrow posted:

Timeskip to sometime after The Power Transfer but before The Wedding.
Team cohesion is poo poo. The remaining three rangers miss the original lineup. The Stone Canyon trio are beginning to resent their ranger elders because they’re being blamed for every simulated battle going wrong.
Alpha gives Tommy some lip service about how the team’s performance as a unit isn’t as important now because of how the white ranger can save the day all by himself. Tommy notices that he feels basically invincible now but stays awake 24 hours a day. Zordon concurs that being white ranger is a bumpy road that unintended consequences like that is part of the gig. Tommy is also taking over Jason’s sensei duties at the Youth Center because “if Jason did it, so can I” and is clearly stressed out in his last scene. The remaining original Rangers kind of resent the departed going to a peace conference of all things in the middle of fighting an interplanetary war.
Zedd realizes he’s become trapped in the same cycle of losing that defined Rita. Instead of making another monster, he appears to buy some bounty hunters (not Varox or a group from any TV episode I’ve seen, but I haven’t seen them all) to find a prisoner that he can enlist. Zedd’s new ally is from the same species as Commander Krueger of SPD.
Jason/Zack/Trini never made it to the peace conference, and are somewhere far from Earth wearing new original ranger suits.

An alright issue even if the commentary about new characters not getting any respect was so squarely aimed at the fandom that the characters may as well have been addressing the reader.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 27, 2019