Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want a shaxx/Asher fireteam mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I never know what stats to stack. Like if I'm playing a devour Warlock what should I am for?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

precision posted:

I honestly don't understand why people keep playing PvP games if they get so genuinely upset when they lose. When I lose I'm just like "lol". If getting backstabbed and teabagged by some anonymous person in a video game made me that mad, I would just not play. Like, I don't go see bands and stay if they're terrible, I just... walk away.

Yeah I don't really get why it's bothers people so much. It's a very casual thing. Let it roll off your back. It's a game where people can suddenly become invincible and kill the entire other team let's not get too serious here.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

okay but most people realize you can't reliably win a coin toss

like yeah, sometimes you get a team that realizes you should stick together but then you also get teams who seem to make every attempt to be as far from you and your teammates as possible at all times

it'll always be a coin flip with that logic, Goons vs. Xx420noscopexX could land Bone Krew in a Destiny 2 montage. Just cause the other team has the same clan name does not mean they are coordinated or good. I completed the challenges in 3 games with full randoms vs. clan and won twice by a large margin and squeaked the last one out.

i really enjoy Destiny pvp but lets not pretend it's by far the easiest pvp mode(s) ever created. Michael Fox has just a good of chance as dominating than some tryhard from CoD or whatever is cool these days

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I experienced peak Shaxx yesterday. Had a 51 v 51 draw match, and got "I... I... I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BE MAD AT!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Norns posted:

I never know what stats to stack. Like if I'm playing a devour Warlock what should I am for?

I always go for more recovery, but I don't really know poo poo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Does anyone actually like supremacy? I feel like even if PvP in general wasn't hosed it would be terrible.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So dumb question should i get this game y/n

I like RPGs, I like shooters, I used to love the Halo games. I also like when enemies aren't big health sponges and I'm not 100% in love with really spergy borderlands-esque weapon looting.

Would mostly be playing by myself rather than with a group I think?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Republicans posted:

Does anyone actually like supremacy? I feel like even if PvP in general wasn't hosed it would be terrible.

i actually don't mind it as much as i thought i would. it's a hot take on TDM but as long as it's not that bomb one i'm happy.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Is there another overflow guild for PS4? Four of them are full.

PSN Bwookie

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

So dumb question should i get this game y/n
I like RPGs, I like shooters, I used to love the Halo games. I also like when enemies aren't big health sponges and I'm not 100% in love with really spergy borderlands-esque weapon looting.
Would mostly be playing by myself rather than with a group I think?
I play solo most of the time but if you don't plan to ever play with people then I might not bother, the best parts of the game are co-op

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
We definitely need a Shaxx run adventure. Maybe clearing out a zone so crucible matches can be held there or something.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Roman posted:

I play solo most of the time but if you don't plan to ever play with people then I might not bother, the best parts of the game are co-op

Well I mean if there's a goon discord or something I might join in.

Okay, related question. Where the hell can I buy digital delivery USD PSN codes?
I have a US PSN account that I can't use my Canadian Credit cards on and like my games digital.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Thumbtacks posted:

I joined a new match and killed a guy and it completed so I have no idea what the trigger is. Oh well.

loving lmao it was rounding

The quest progress is made from playing games and getting kills, you probably had like the closest amount of completion you could get without having completed it, and the 2-digit % display probably rounds up to 100% when you're at 99.9999 or whatever

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hulk Krogan posted:

Why didn't you punch the walker

Because one dedicated person cleaning up adds once you've verified that the idiot pubs know how to do the event and make it heroic will make it go by super fast

Then you finish it and immediately fast travel to the same zone and half the time you'll get put into an instance where the event is still active so you can get double the loot :hawksin:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

precision posted:

Solo is totally playable if your teammates aren't idiots who run directly at the opposing team every single time they spawn

I played Crucible solo last night for hours (Competitive) and won at least 3/4 of the matches.

I usually only play solo (i play at lovely times during mid-day because of a split shift at work) and competitive is fun until a game of Countdown starts and I get put into a team who don't understand the concept of it. Every drat time.p

But all in all, pvp this time around seems chiller.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

I always go for more recovery, but I don't really know poo poo.

On my Warlock for PvE I do Devourlock with as much Recovery as possible so I don't ever have to respawn unless I go sailing into a pit

For PvP I get as much Resilience as possible, leaving Mobility at 1. [ancestor]Slowly... this is how a life is taken[/ancestor]

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I solo queue all the time in crucible, have lots of fun, and get a lot of awesome loot. Just went from 292 to 295 because of crucible.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Lost items space at the Postmaster is 21 slots. Which makes D2 exactly 5% better than D1.

Also, I got the Goatse emote, no you can't see it. I'm dying to see the Tubgirl emote pop.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

KillTylerDurden posted:

Lost items space at the Postmaster is 21 slots. Which makes D2 exactly 5% better than D1.

Also, I got the Goatse emote, no you can't see it. I'm dying to see the Tubgirl emote pop.

I'm still waiting for swap.avi emote

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Can anyone explain to me what the "don the hat" emote is all about? It's baffling

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Iron Rose posted:

Well I mean if there's a goon discord or something I might join in.

You can play everything up to and possibly including the Nightfall without ever verbally communicating. You can imagine people in strikes are bots if you want. You can get PvP loot by picture-in-picturing the game and running around in circles holding down the fire button while you watch Netflix if you want. You kinda have to play with other people but you don't have to communicate with them in any way.

quote:

Okay, related question. Where the hell can I buy digital delivery USD PSN codes?

I buy all my PSN cards from Amazon. They're happy to take my filthy Australian money because I lied and said I live in the US.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

shaxx is way more hype this game which is surprising because he sounded like he was gonna stroke out at any second if you did literally anything in rise of iron

i have no idea how many time me and my allies fought as one, but shaxx sure as hell loved reminding me

I'd give anything to have Shaxx and Mr. Torgue from Borderlands co-commentate my life.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

'cheating' is kind of laughable because cheating virtually does not exist in modern console games but lag is a very real issue that has a tangible gameplay effect and it is very irritating watching some dude take no damage from your guns before he dragonball z instant transmissions in front of you and you have somehow died

Lag was a far more imagined problem than real for I'm sure the large majority of goons who weren't in Cheese factory's mmr bracket. Or the result of playing on a shittily configured network.

Regardless, I don't have a problem when I'm on a team and people are like "this sucks tonight, lag sucks, these teams are killing us, let's go do something fun like attempt the pleasure gardens blind for four hours." But like, if you're gonna flip out and rage and freak out your cat, please have the good sense to mute your mic so the rest of us don't have to be somewhat concerned about your mental well being. "You" here being used generally, as a PSA.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yes, much like climate change, barley any goons had issues with lag. C'mon duder. And sure it was totally because of their own network.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
has anyone else used much of Better Devils? I had two drop back to back and it feels like the best hand cannon ive used so far next to sturm.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I was nowhere near cheesefactory levels of destiny 1 PvP skill and lag was a predominant feature of D1 pvp.

You could totally feel the difference in lobby quality.

The one area where I was actually cheesefactory quality in D1 was loving SRL (lmao) and the connection quality once I reached peak skill there was insanely bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also, aside from Rumble, SRL was the easiest mode to see the obvious effects of the SBMM by looking at who you matched with. The SBMM levels were extremely strong.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sturm owns btw

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also i never got a mini tool becayse the stupid quest is bugged, even when i had inventory space never got the gun

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

If anyone in the Xbone wants to attempt the NF with myself and another 291 tonight we can all suffer together

jk we're cheesing it for the rat gun

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ex post facho posted:

has anyone else used much of Better Devils? I had two drop back to back and it feels like the best hand cannon ive used so far next to sturm.

It's great. It's stayed my main kinetic since I've found it the first week.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

96 spacejam posted:

jk we're cheesing it for the rat gun

How do you cheese the latest NF? I've been putting off reaching for the Rat Gun because it's poo poo but if it won't be a nightmare to do I'll take it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PathAsc posted:

Yes, much like climate change, barley any goons had issues with lag. C'mon duder. And sure it was totally because of their own network.

I'm just saying the pool of people to actually have a significant lag based handicap by virtue of being in top tier sbmm is much smaller than you would think from reading the thread.

Of course you're going to have the occasional hiccup but no dude with silver elo you're not getting thrown in with red bar Brazilians every match either.

e: of course this could have been mitigated somewhat by, you know, dedicated servers.

e2: I actually find the climate change comparison hilarious though my dude. Evidence for climate change: something like 97% of scientific consensus backed up by peer reviewed studies. Evidence for most Destiny lag bullshit: a consensus of goons just so sure that last kill was bullshit man!

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 21, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ex post facho posted:

I infused mine into my sunshot and I want another one now

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Legend of Acrius is fuckin' sweet in crucible getting double kills with one shot ain't that hard and I hope that is part of the quest line. My goal is a 4 kill with one shot, the gun could totally do it you just need the other team to group up. It does feel like the kind of thing that would be banned in sweats or whatever. Also I prefer quickplay for solo crucible, cuz when you die you always respawn and can start shooting dudes again. I also enjoy supremacy it creates some interesting situations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ex post facho posted:

It's really, really good. I didn't even like hand cannons until I tried it and now it's one of my main PvP guns.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DrNutt posted:

I'm just saying the pool of people to actually have a significant lag based handicap by virtue of being in top tier sbmm is much smaller than you would think from reading the thread.

Of course you're going to have the occasional hiccup but no dude with silver elo you're not getting thrown in with red bar Brazilians every match either.

e: of course this could have been mitigated somewhat by, you know, dedicated servers.

e2: I actually find the climate change comparison hilarious though my dude. Evidence for climate change: something like 97% of scientific consensus backed up by peer reviewed studies. Evidence for most Destiny lag bullshit: a consensus of goons just so sure that last kill was bullshit man!

I'm going by now many redbars were seen/videoed/etc at all levels. Not "omg bs I totally hit them first 11!!1"

Not just from the thread. And no, there's not a huge need for scientific study of bungie failing matchmaking as it won't kill the world. It would be nice to have a fun time with good matching in my free time before we all get nuked or need co2 gills.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

ex post facho posted:

sturm owns btw

It's actually really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thanks, other team, for all of you quitting and giving me the last win for the milestone the moment the game intro animation finished :bravo: