Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh, next week is the season finale

Huh

The season finale was two years ago when the rest of us stopped watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh, next week is the season finale

Huh

I think it's just midseason finale

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarklyDreaming posted:

That part actually makes sense. Time and again she's proven to be the biggest badass of the apocalypse, give her a gun with three bullets and a pocketknife and she can fight her way out of anything. However she's also never been this kind of blind swinging angry before. Sure Henry wasn't the first child to die in her care, but by the time Alpha cut off his head he was in her life longer than Sophia if my math is right. She thought her murderin' days were over and it was just a long, happy life of rebuilding civilization and raising a family ahead of her, instead that happened.

Basically she knows better than anybody how to take down Alpha and her horde, but she stopped caring about her own survival and the people around her a season and a half ago. Which is having predictable results.

It's just.. it's so booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring. holy gently caress I just click through anything that isn't Negan/Whisperers. I try, but like.. I don't give a gently caress about Sidiq or whatever anyway, I don't even remember how he was found. anyway who loving cares, took 5 minutes to watch the whole episode.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I caught up with the last three episodes yesterday (I think you're all one ahead of me) and I dunno, they just sort of happened.
The whisperers seem like a step too far for me. Living in the forest, getting killed for no reason by Alpha and sleeping in the forest but somehow not being dead of frostbite.

It just feels stupid as gently caress. I'm actually okay with the skin suits, that feels like the LEAST stupid part.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm curious as to what Carol thinks she can do to the horsde, which is tens of thousands of zombies. Nothing. She can't do anything, they just need a garbage, contrived event to ever so slightly advance the plot

BonoMan posted:

But you're still here in purgatory with us :zoid:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The last time this show tried to deal with a horde we got fake Glenn death, so maybe we’ll get fake Michonne death this time.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Well, I like it again. Please send help.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

my call for this midseason finale is bro doctor will say Siddiq killed himself, Rosita will be like "no we had this really dumb conversation together that can't be true" and uncover his nefarious plot, he'll probably die

Gamma will probably spread some seeds of unrest in the whisperers with the whole Lydia is still alive thing but I think Alpha gonna kill her in the end, but that'll just make the rest of the whisperers question her even more

And Eugene will reinvent phone sex, but just on ham radio

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

my call for this midseason finale is bro doctor will say Siddiq killed himself, Rosita will be like "no we had this really dumb conversation together that can't be true" and uncover his nefarious plot, he'll probably die

Gamma will probably spread some seeds of unrest in the whisperers with the whole Lydia is still alive thing but I think Alpha gonna kill her in the end, but that'll just make the rest of the whisperers question her even more

And Eugene will reinvent phone sex, but just on ham radio

As soon as we saw Beta skin his walker kid and make him into a mask I'm pretty sure Lydias fate was sealed. Even more so now she's run off into Whisper territory.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Alpha will kill Lydia and make a new mask.

Why wouldn't Lydia know about the mole doctor? Clearly he's not some random if Alpha trusted him to infiltrate and not defect.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i don't think Lydia'll get axed; i def think Gamma will, though. i bet Alpha like, sees Lydia from afar or something and has ~a moment~ then lets her run away/escape/helps her or some poo poo, while Beta watches from a bush and then oh noooooooo drama

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Negan still with the whisperers? He already saved Lydia once I doubt he’ll let Alpha kill her.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dang it that new Walking Dead show has the helicopters with the symbol on it from FTWD

The mystery of that is spoiled in trailers for the new show lol

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

BonoMan posted:

I was an early adopter.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Kill of the Week runner up:

I don't know who this was more cathartic for, Father Gabriel or me.

KOTW :love: how are these two not a couple.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Hello Walking Dead thread! Holy poo poo this show is still going! Wow!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is Negan still with the whisperers? He already saved Lydia once I doubt he’ll let Alpha kill her.

It's a matter of when he hits Alpha in the back with a steel chair bat.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I finally caught up and my god this is all so stupid

Gonna get whatever weapons I can get from this naval base, I brought an 8 foot boat

Daryl would absolutely hear the walkers before he fell where everyone else was, also you would think at least one of them would invest in a flashlight on their 2 day journey

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Also, how much range does a walkie-talkie have?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love that they don't even act like batteries are a scarcity

Judith, call me every hour

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i've honestly already forgotten a large portion of what went on this most recent half-season, like i remember a boat scene but wtf was up with that

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I queued up 5 episodes and fixed a toilet during that time and I feel like I didn't miss anything important

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I queued up 5 episodes and fixed a toilet during that time and I feel like I didn't miss anything important

That's a long time to fix a toilet, were you testing it out afterwards?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

I love that they don't even act like batteries are a scarcity

Judith, call me every hour

Which is even more hilarious when there was like a 5 year time skip which would put a lot of the batteries available when the outbreak occurred near the end of their natural lives so they would have less charge and drain that charge faster.

I can actually kind of get past them still having batteries since looting a single decently stocked Walgreens would likely net you enough batteries to last 5 years in a society that is really only using batteries for a dozen or so flashlights and a handful of walkie talkies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Rocksicles posted:

That's a long time to fix a toilet, were you testing it out afterwards?

This toilet is from the 1970s and all the bolts fell apart like rusted butter

The rubber smeared like it was grease

Also I had issues seating the thing because it wouldn't stay level

Overall, I should have bought a whole new toilet

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

Walking Dead Chat - Everything's gone down the shitter.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oceanside needs our help

Let's stop by this library and just browse for a while

Also let's not check if anyone or anything is in here

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Fun fact, Thomas Crapper died of colon cancer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Oceanside needs our help

Let's stop by this library and just browse for a while

Also let's not check if anyone or anything is in here

i love the black hole sized plot hole that is "our protagonists have been in the same location for like, 7-8 years and still have buildings they haven't explored in the immediate vicinity"

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

At one point they will venture further and maybe discover some advanced societies. What ever happened to that windmill lady anyway? She came and went, I didn't get the point of that. It's been 2 seasons?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maggie is off screen working with her until her quirky cbs spy show dies I think

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Maggie is off screen working with her until her quirky cbs spy show dies I think

Maggie will bring back Rick when she returns.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

moist turtleneck posted:

Whiskey Cavalier? That got canceled a couple months back.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

John F Bennett posted:

At one point they will venture further and maybe discover some advanced societies. What ever happened to that windmill lady anyway? She came and went, I didn't get the point of that. It's been 2 seasons?

Dude, do you remember the gamer henchmen she had as her protection?

She is 100% dead. They all probably died when they went to a walmart to find copies of crash bandicoot and a bunch of zombies just ate them.

EDIT:

I can't even recall when i last watched this poo poo. I think it was some scene where they were owning some zombos on a beach, it was something like 100 fully decked to the gills alexandrians or whatever vs. 10 zombies. I still like to check out the thread every now and then for some goofs and gaffs.

But now, I would like to reminisce all the good times we've had with this marvel of a show:

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 10, 2019

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Which is even more hilarious when there was like a 5 year time skip which would put a lot of the batteries available when the outbreak occurred near the end of their natural lives so they would have less charge and drain that charge faster.

I can actually kind of get past them still having batteries since looting a single decently stocked Walgreens would likely net you enough batteries to last 5 years in a society that is really only using batteries for a dozen or so flashlights and a handful of walkie talkies.

Considering these people never seemed to go to like a sporting goods store to get like compasses/basic camping gear I doubt they ever raided anything useful from anywhere.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God gimple sucks so hard read this poo poo

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fear-walking-dead-time-jump-160022829.html

Season 2 farm really paid off!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

God gimple sucks so hard read this poo poo

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fear-walking-dead-time-jump-160022829.html

Season 2 farm really paid off!!!

"what criticism? i live in a vaccuum where i think i'm great and my ideas are great"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
whole episode was a series of "that's not how that works, that's not how any of that works"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

whole episode was a series of "that's not how that works, that's not how any of that works"

can't believe the show is still all in on them not covering themselves in walker guts as camouflage

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm seeing this for the first time in a couple of years since I'm tuning into Better Call Saul.

Holy poo poo, it got worse! Purposefully bad lighting to hide that the 60's Star Trek cave sets. All fights are someone hitting someone directly off screen and blood splattering. And of course "dust effect 04".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
But at least we got to see Alpha get her freak on.