Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Fried Watermelon posted:

The Nvidia control panel method messed up my graphics so now it has a weird blur, like everything is out of focus

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You may have accidentally messed with the resolution? Check your local gameusersettings

C:\Users\FRIEDWATERMELON\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Seriously, if you accidentally touch the resolution scaling it will set it to something ridiculous "100.62315523" so make sure you check your gameSettings.ini or w/e and have the setting at 100.00000000, because otherwise the game turns incredibly blurry.

Trying to fix it ingame is hopeless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Edit: Wrong thread.

Anyone else get the shakes when they are one kill away from a chicken dinner?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hamelekim posted:

The further we get into the Trump reign the more twitter pundits seem alight with the cspam mindset.

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/895065315352092672

New PUBG backstory gettin' weird.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I'm not soft

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm already dead

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Hamelekim posted:

Yup totally

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Brownie posted:

Seriously, if you accidentally touch the resolution scaling it will set it to something ridiculous "100.62315523" so make sure you check your gameSettings.ini or w/e and have the setting at 100.00000000, because otherwise the game turns incredibly blurry.

Trying to fix it ingame is hopeless!

Oh, I know what he did. He used GeForce Experience optimization, not Nvidia Control Panel's Force Multi-core.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

My heart pumps icewater and I have never cried

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hamelekim posted:

That's just your body heightening your senses in anticipation of the chicken. Embrace it

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Without fail I'm getting a lag spike of 10 or so seconds 2ish minutes into every match. Any ideas on what might be causing it? It's probably not my internet since I have google fiber.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

fknlo posted:

Without fail I'm getting a lag spike of 10 or so seconds 2ish minutes into every match. Any ideas on what might be causing it? It's probably not my internet since I have google fiber.

I was getting this for a while in the OC servers. Died in blue because of it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

I was getting this for a while in the OC servers. Died in blue because of it.

I've had it happen at the start of a fight two rounds in a row now leading to me being dead right away. NA servers.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Watched Choco pull this off

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyEnticingSrirachaAMPEnergyCherry

:v:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

geez i can barely crouch jump over railings

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

He just got a 26 kill dinner. 17 of them were AFK's that he dropped with from lag.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

fknlo posted:

He just got a 26 kill dinner. 17 of them were AFK's that he dropped with from lag.

I just watched this too. I was rolling from laughter.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

I really liked the peekaboo kill https://clips.twitch.tv/LongSoftScallionWOOP

Also the 26 kill dinner he got the next round

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
He just sat there and punched 17 afk folks to death. There were other active players there too but they were too busy killing afk people to bother. It just amused me to no end that they were like "truce yo, we gotta kill the afk players first."

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

ACValiant posted:

He just sat there and punched 17 afk folks to death. There were other active players there too but they were too busy killing afk people to bother. It just amused me to no end that they were like "truce yo, we gotta kill the afk players first."

A man's got to have a code, even while beating AFK'ers to death.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
gently caress that beat the alive men first to save more afk'ers for yourself. If you lose the fight you didn't deserve them anyways.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Watch the amazing self-killing dude and me taking entirely too long to line up a headshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC7uKT0Ia68

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

causticBeet posted:

gently caress that beat the alive men first to save more afk'ers for yourself. If you lose the fight you didn't deserve them anyways.

When I play with my friends we do this. One or two people run off to find guns while the rest brawl it out with the alive people. A lot of the times we can kite people around till the squadmates with guns get there. Usually we punch out the people before then though.

Stealthgerbil fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 9, 2017

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So, uh. I missed my flight and was on the spawn island while everyone was dropping.
Thankfully, a kind boat of guys freed me from my island prison and I killed one and escaped in their boat, stranding the other.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Gildiss posted:

So, uh. I missed my flight and was on the spawn island while everyone was dropping.
Thankfully, a kind boat of guys freed me from my island prison and I killed one and escaped in their boat, stranding the other.

I've had to swim.

Ugh

chocoTaco
Jul 22, 2017

fknlo posted:

Hmmm if I erase the VOD now it's just your word against mine.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

New idea for a stream: Chacotaco is forced to join our discord and play with Umdrehung, Pissmop and tcjimbo as a squad.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Server completely died on me there. I was driving a UAZ and just watched as locales zoomed by until eventually, my UAZ and I found a new home under the sea.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I picked this up the other day finally, mainly because of the release of FPP servers and holy hell I seem to suck badly. It may be because I've just been playing solo for the moment but wow, the majority of the time I just die from something I don't see. I take it that's the norm most games?

Also I was getting constant rubberbanding on every server I tried (was playing over wifi) until I wired in which made a difference, but it's weird because I don't get it on any other game I play online like BF1, Titanfall 2, CS:GO over wifi. Having it wired up can only be temporary though because the router is on another floor down, in a shared house and the wire gets in the way. I was thinking of picking up a couple of powerline adaptors and wondering if anyone has had any luck with them?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Powerline adaptors are really good. I've used them in a two story house to get internet upstairs and right now i use them to connect my Steamlink in the loungeroom to my gaming pc in the computer room. I can stream games to my TV with zero lag.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Aphex- posted:

I picked this up the other day finally, mainly because of the release of FPP servers and holy hell I seem to suck badly. It may be because I've just been playing solo for the moment but wow, the majority of the time I just die from something I don't see. I take it that's the norm most games?

Also I was getting constant rubberbanding on every server I tried (was playing over wifi) until I wired in which made a difference, but it's weird because I don't get it on any other game I play online like BF1, Titanfall 2, CS:GO over wifi.

Being wasted by someone you didn't see is gonna happen until you start learning the flow of the game and where scrubs are likely to hide (in bushes, next to trees and rocks, the places you'll instinctually want to run to yourself). But like sure, it'll happen once in a while, but eventually you'll get a feel for the most common hiding spots or from where people are likely to push into/hold near the edges of the circle. Unless you're like that one deluded goon who felt like no death is their own fault, of course. Usually you've made a bad choice in regards to positioning or timing your movement and it got you killed.

I feel like this is one of the better games for reflecting on what hosed you over post game, and hopefully taking that knowledge and learning from it. After the opening minutes it's usually not just losing a firefight that costs you the game (and lets be honest, you didn't NEED to take that early fight anyway)

Also you're still experiencing network lag in those other games, they're just better at hiding it on your end. For instance if you check your net_graph while playing cs on wifi you'll very likely see massive packet loss compared to keeping it wired.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 9, 2017

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Powerline adaptors are really good. I've used them in a two story house to get internet upstairs and right now i use them to connect my Steamlink in the loungeroom to my gaming pc in the computer room. I can stream games to my TV with zero lag.

That's good to know, I'll definitely pick some up and see how it goes!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Being wasted by someone you didn't see is gonna happen until you start learning the flow of the game and where scrubs are likely to hide (in bushes, next to trees and rocks, the places you'll instinctually want to run to yourself). But like sure, it'll happen once in a while, but eventually you'll get a feel for the most common hiding spots or from where people are likely to push into/hold near the edges of the circle. Unless you're like that one deluded goon who felt like no death is their own fault, of course. Usually you've made a bad choice in regards to positioning or timing your movement and it got you killed.

I feel like this is one of the better games for reflecting on what hosed you over post game, and hopefully taking that knowledge and learning from it. After the opening minutes it's usually not just losing a firefight that costs you the game (and lets be honest, you didn't NEED to take that early fight anyway)

Also you're still experiencing network lag in those other games, they're just better at hiding it on your end. For instance if you check your net_graph while playing cs on wifi you'll very likely see massive packet loss compared to keeping it wired.

Yeah I suppose I've just got to get my head around where people are most likely going to be hiding. It's definitely disheartening to spend 15 minutes running around looting and not seeing anyone, then all of a sudden it's game over.

With the wifi, I've run some ping tests outside of games and I haven't had any packet loss, and my housemate is also playing over wifi and his connection has been fine, so it's just me for some reason. I suppose it's better in the long run to invest in some powerline adaptors though so that's what I'll do.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I cracked open the UserGameSettings.ini for the first time and the scale/resolution supersampling was at 100.00 on the nose. I've been messing around with the setting for a while, so I was expecting it to be on some wacky decimal but it wasn't. Something tells me they fixed it since the reports.

My FOV, on the other hand, was 102 in game but like 101.227 or something in the Ini. Does any of this affect gameplay? No, not really. Apart from telling the GeForce control panel to prefer maximum performance and use multi threading I'm just going to wait for optimizations down the pipe. If this game is going to be running on Xbone's by launch, they will have made it easier for my cpu bound rig to play without stutters/dips

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Story of my life

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

I feel like this is one of the better games for reflecting on what hosed you over post game

i gotta disagree owing to the lack of killcam.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

Killcams are huge crutches in every single game they're in, I hope they never introduce them to pubg

Somehow the rest of us seem to be able to learn from our mistakes, I'm sorry you seem unable to because you can't see literally how someone put their crosshair on you and clicked

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

New idea for a stream: Chacotaco is forced to join our discord and play with Umdrehung, Pissmop and tcjimbo as a squad.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Groovelord Neato posted:

If you need a killcam to figure it out, the answer is likely "I had inadequate cover".

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
The only mode in which a killcam would possibly work without giving you 100% undeserved info would be in solo, and it's not like you'd learn anything at all from seeing which bush or window a particular guy shot you from

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

If you need a killcam to figure it out, the answer is likely "I had inadequate cover".

yeah.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Killcams are huge crutches in every single game they're in

nah.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Killcams for squads would only work if you saw them after everyone in your squad died. Kind of a highlight reel maybe. Otherwise, no way! I remember playing CoD MW2 and dealing with that BS.

• Locked thread