Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

CubanMissile posted:

Lately I feel like therapy is a cudgel liberals are using to brow beat people in ignoring that material conditions are actually getting much worse, and it’s some sort of one weird trick to recommend to people so that they just magically become happy despite everything that’s going on.

this is what diversity equity and inclusion initiatives are doing too

its a hell of a trick because you cant criticize these initiatives without seeming like youre against the values that they claim to represent but thats kind of the whole problem this corporatized bullshit approach is accomplishing nothing except dragging those values through the mud and making it seem like theyre the problem rather than the solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

loquacius posted:

Odds on whether Biden does a concession speech if he loses?

100% he does and he uses gracious language and all the bullshit about it being democracy or fascism or w/e goes out the window because it's a crock of poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Realizing the carrot was the stick beating you the whole time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BadOptics posted:

I stayed up to see her capitulation speech and instead she sent out some toady because she was belligerently drunk lol

I’m on the west coast so the timing of these kinds of things is a little different and everyone knew she was cooked I want to say by 8pm at the latest, but I was at a 30th birthday party that night for a friend who was like the biggest Hillary person I’ve ever met, had her as her desktop image on her laptop even, and I just remember her getting progressively drunker and more despondent as the evening went on

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

he has no idea where he is or what he's doing lmao

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this is what really rubs me the wrong way about squid game its very close to being a good structural critique of capitalism but it takes a hard swerve in the second half to just being about an incomprehensible conspiracy theory that makes less and less sense the more and more the show tries to make you think about it

the 8 show by contrast owns bones because its very much a story about how material conditions create petty tyrants and recognizes correctly that the exact source of those material conditions is entirely beside the point

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

he’s looking especially Dunham puppet in the thumbnail

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shageletic posted:

Can't remember the details but Rao goes around and makes white people feel guilty and expunge their shame for money. Also one of her books has a foreword by Amy Klobuchar who detonated her presidential race because she protected killer cops.

E: the book is Nevertheless she persisted

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

this is what diversity equity and inclusion initiatives are doing too

its a hell of a trick because you cant criticize these initiatives without seeming like youre against the values that they claim to represent but thats kind of the whole problem this corporatized bullshit approach is accomplishing nothing except dragging those values through the mud and making it seem like theyre the problem rather than the solution

yep

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
resting ventriloquist dummy face

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he has no idea where he is or what he's doing lmao
they're trying to ride the line of "we want a ceasefire as soon as Hamas surrenders unconditionally" and it's disingenuous and annoying as hell

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is he being ironic here because the actual numbers are so low it looks like all the respondents claiming yes for any given celebrity are just trolling the poll

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

they're trying to ride the line of "we want a ceasefire as soon as Hamas surrenders unconditionally" and it's disingenuous and annoying as hell

Every D&D moderator deserves a bullet yes even the one you think is a super cool guy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Scarabrae posted:

my oppositional defiant disorder is freaking out right now

you can't spell libraries without liberals

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope Biden goes on Charlamagne that god's show again

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this seems a little late in the year to only just now be opening a campaign office i was kind of under the impression that this was something they tried to even in non swing states as early as possible to help the downballot

ehhh im probably just talking out of my rear end tho im not a six figure political consultant so why should anyone care what i think

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

his face lmfao

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

wait, that fascism picture was real? I always assumed it was from Metropolis or something

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Seyser Koze posted:

wait, that fascism picture was real? I always assumed it was from Metropolis or something

It's a photo of the Italian fascist party headquarters dressed up for the 1934 election.

The giant head is Mussolini.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Deflation is a terrible policy goal and it's good that prices won't return to their former level

the US has too much public infrastructure rather than too little (which is why it is in such a shabby state).

Support for Israel gives high ROI for US tech and MIC companies and the state, collectively giving returns in hundreds of billions and keeps Israel from aligning with Russia and China. Literally any president will provide support for Israel until the costs exceed benefits.

the MIC is also important for the left e.g. Fetterman and Sanders as the labor forces in MIC there are unionized.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Deflation is a terrible policy goal and it's good that prices won't return to their former level

the US has too much public infrastructure rather than too little (which is why it is in such a shabby state).

Support for Israel gives high ROI for US tech and MIC companies and the state, collectively giving returns in hundreds of billions and keeps Israel from aligning with Russia and China. Literally any president will provide support for Israel until the costs exceed benefits.

the MIC is also important for the left e.g. Fetterman and Sanders as the labor forces in MIC there are unionized.

i'm hooting and hollering

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-nMGtaAoXw

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

this seems a little late in the year to only just now be opening a campaign office i was kind of under the impression that this was something they tried to even in non swing states as early as possible to help the downballot

ehhh im probably just talking out of my rear end tho im not a six figure political consultant so why should anyone care what i think

sHuT uP sTUpiD BErniE bRO it'S thE moSt capaBle caMpaIgN evER, THIS IS ALL T*KT*KS FAULT

also

https://x.com/ShamebyJames/status/1791966886256648400

Stage 4.5 - Acceptance that I AM NOT A CORNCOB

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Biden is doing a lot about guns and school shootings?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

err posted:

of course not, it’s wrong for the president to do things. But it’s fun to imagine that in his heart he wants to, and that’s what matters.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

err posted:

this issue is like every other issue

republicans won't and democrats might, therefore you only have one option

democrats also won't

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

World War Mammories posted:

oh, man, haven’t thought about that in a long time. yeah accuracy was removed in sb, because yoship bowed down to woke

whoops, my healing spell "missed"

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

probably has already been blacklisted from any possible job for his entire life now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AmiYumi posted:

i ironically spent that whole night completely disconnected from the news while serving as a poll worker in an area with no cell service

worked so late into the night that by the time i could finally check the news the results were in

the immediate aftermath was the drunkest i have ever been and an important step towards my cspam awakening

I already didn't give a poo poo at the time since I had supported Bernie in the primary and checked out after that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Scarabrae posted:

probably has already been blacklisted from any possible job for his entire life now

that kid is a badass and will do fine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StealthArcher posted:

sHuT uP sTUpiD BErniE bRO it'S thE moSt capaBle caMpaIgN evER, THIS IS ALL T*KT*KS FAULT

also

This dipshit is just bargain basement Wil Stancil

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

RandolphCarter posted:

he’s looking especially Dunham puppet in the thumbnail

Grandpappy's reaction to having a black man standing in front of him and speechifying.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope Biden goes on Charlamagne that god's show again

Oh god, please let this happen.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Joe Biden has also done nothing about school shootings, but doesn't brag about it like a boor.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/atrupar/status/1792204293484720298

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

Joe Biden has also done nothing about school shootings, but doesn't brag about it like a boor.

It's hilarious how accurately the "Remembering Reagan" cartoon can be applied to how liberals think of their politicians

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

StealthArcher posted:

also

oh yes my preferred candidate

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The liberalism city depicted here has plenty of the exact same public housing projects depicted in the communist city, except the liberals abandoned and neglected them the instant black people moved in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF