Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it did go sub-150 multiple times today but there's suspicion the bazingas and/or ol' Mad Cathy are pumping in an attempt to stop the crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah the one-day graph is actually worse if you look closely, but it's not as dramatic at first glance

low for today was $148.70 (so far). that's a new 52-week low lol

i don't think cathie is deep-pocketed enough to bounce the price up on her own though. that's fighting a lot of volume, it's gotta be someone/some firm with billions to throw around

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
ytd is a fun chart too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

:sickos:

it's only thursday, but since bad news about tesla keeps on coming i hope elon has an absolutely loving horrible weekend and follows through with shoving that stupid replica pistol in his mouth, only to pull the trigger to a tiny click because it's a fake. just like everything else about the man

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1781002178708082904

he really doesn't know how anything works eh

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What relentless attacks?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nitrousoxide posted:

What relentless attacks?

somebody is trying to ban a scientific term ('cis') on X, The Everything App

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
a whole bunch of journalists were banned from X, the everything app, so that might have something to do with it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Nitrousoxide posted:

What relentless attacks?

guessing a mean old judge told elon he couldn't sue media matters over accurate reporting

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

it's only thursday, but since bad news about tesla keeps on coming i hope elon has an absolutely loving horrible weekend and follows through with shoving that stupid replica pistol in his mouth, only to pull the trigger to a tiny click because it's a fake. just like everything else about the man

the scifi pistol or the flintlock one

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rotor posted:

for instance, here's what the citroen cybertruck looks like

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/concept-cars/citroen-oli.html

legit cannot tell which direction this car is facing

Endless Mike posted:

probe this scrub

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao at this reversal of fortune

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

What relentless attacks?

shut up, nerd!

consider urself attacked ur welcome

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

legit cannot tell which direction this car is facing

lmao at this reversal of fortune

the front is to the left in that picture. it has a flat surface in front of a flat windshield.

you can tell by the headlights and taillights.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

the front is to the left in that picture. it has a flat surface in front of a flat windshield.

Bold of you to apply poo poo like "logic" and "common sense" to French car design...

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eeyo posted:

the scifi pistol or the flintlock one

either one, really. it's a shame they're so fake that he can't confuse them for the real deal

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo I thought that was a mini truck bed :3:

e: they should make it able to go both ways like that RC car that could do flips or whatever it was

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Endless Mike posted:

probe this scrub

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

looks like your monitor was off!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

poo poo I thought that was a mini truck bed :3:

e: they should make it able to go both ways like that RC car that could do flips or whatever it was

lol ehh the front and back are pretty clearly defined imo

either way that's a far more cyberpunk/futuristic looking suv than the cybertruck i think. hell it actually even looks like a truck, at least more than the loving cybertruck

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

freakin' rad is what it looks, in either direction

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i like this spacex graphic showing life in busytown on mars, with all the little tesla cybertrucks roving around and hauling boring company, uh, tubes

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Beeftweeter posted:

So i know there are rumors about tesla stock price being tied to loans or something can some nerd go into details about these things?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

i like this spacex graphic showing life in busytown on mars, with all the little tesla cybertrucks roving around and hauling boring company, uh, tubes

lol even with mars' gravity those things will still probably be going like 3 mph considering the terrain

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

well the lower the gravity the slower you have to go probably

like imagine the moon, if you hit a bump too fast then you'll just spin like crazy because there's nothing keeping you on the ground and balanced

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

wargames posted:

So i know there are rumors about tesla stock price being tied to loans or something can some nerd go into details about these things?

there are rumors (afaik none confirmed) that elon (or some other extremely rich people) might have loans against their tesla shares, which can be pledged in collateral for, well, real money. the problem with that is, the shares are only worth that amount if the stock price stays above a certain level; if it falls past that, the loans may ostensibly be worth more than the combined value of the shares, meaning the lender will never be repaid, so they will seize them before that happens

based upon TSLA's historical performance, that level seems to be $150. whenever the stock drops below that point, it usually faces extreme resistance in the form of heavy volumes of buy orders at a considerable premium, likely signaling that someone with extraordinarily deep pockets is propping up the price

but this is all theoretical, afaik — we don't know who is placing those buy orders, or why. tesla insiders have to disclose whenever they buy or sell an appreciable amount of stock and, well, elon isn't the best about complying with SEC regulations. but there hasn't been any suspicious movement by insiders according to nasdaq: https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/tsla/insider-activity the last significant sell order was on april 1 by some guy. though again, elon doesn't really comply with regulations very well, and there are regardless many loopholes, so who knows

e: though notably there haven't been any insider buys (other than automatic options executing) in the past few years either, lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 18, 2024

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

no permanent habitats in mars will be above the surface unless if the walls are like 3 feet thick in water

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eeyo posted:

well the lower the gravity the slower you have to go probably

like imagine the moon, if you hit a bump too fast then you'll just spin like crazy because there's nothing keeping you on the ground and balanced

yeah probably true, but i mean, even on earth the cybertruck apparently can't traverse similar terrain faster than that lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Roosevelt posted:

thank you for this image of a fantastical lie, common sense skeptic

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
No, “For All Mankind” has shown the one true design of a mars base and how to steal an asteroid. :colbert:

Edit: Love the two separate pods in that render. Why would the “town” be designed like that at all? Why would anyone want to suit up, just to go a hundred meters, go through an airlock, and de-suit? :psyduck:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 18, 2024

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Maybe one is the bathroom

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

oh yeah, saw a model y with the license plate TO MARS

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah lets sacrifice it to their gods

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Maybe one is the bathroom

Wasting water like that in a separate module is very on-brand for Tesla.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

no permanent habitats in mars

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cat Face Joe posted:

maybe they're just really into cheese castles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
maybe it's tom from arse technical. wanted "TOM ARS" but

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Roosevelt posted:

I'm the little 100W solar panels on the roof of the vehicles with 450kW* engines.

Probably more like 10kW sustained? Still like two orders of magnitude more than a PV solar panel that size can produce on Mars (or Earth).

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

there are rumors (afaik none confirmed) that elon (or some other extremely rich people) might have loans against their tesla shares, which can be pledged in collateral for, well, real money. the problem with that is, the shares are only worth that amount if the stock price stays above a certain level; if it falls past that, the loans may ostensibly be worth more than the combined value of the shares, meaning the lender will never be repaid, so they will seize them before that happens

based upon TSLA's historical performance, that level seems to be $150. whenever the stock drops below that point, it usually faces extreme resistance in the form of heavy volumes of buy orders at a considerable premium, likely signaling that someone with extraordinarily deep pockets is propping up the price

but this is all theoretical, afaik — we don't know who is placing those buy orders, or why. tesla insiders have to disclose whenever they buy or sell an appreciable amount of stock and, well, elon isn't the best about complying with SEC regulations. but there hasn't been any suspicious movement by insiders according to nasdaq: https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/tsla/insider-activity the last significant sell order was on april 1 by some guy. though again, elon doesn't really comply with regulations very well, and there are regardless many loopholes, so who knows

e: though notably there haven't been any insider buys (other than automatic options executing) in the past few years either, lol

the sec absolutely has the power (along with other agencies) to get those transactions turned over to them by the brokers should they so desire, and if it's already suspect I'd be surprised if they aren't already

"But people would know!" you may say, well, tipping off is a federal crime so maybe not!

oh also if you report some financial crimes you get a % of the penalty. Some guy whistle blew an insider dealing ring he was involved in, went down for 3 years and came out of prison 10 million dollars better off lol

e: it wasn't insider dealing but whatever

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 19, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Spotted in the wild, I wonder if the dirty rag is an optional extra

Looks like parking your car in the full Queensland sun is bad for your bootleg iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Megabound posted:

Spotted in the wild, I wonder if the dirty rag is an optional extra

Looks like parking your car in the full Queensland sun is bad for your bootleg iPad

did you touch it? and did it leave a stain?