Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
"estimated gas savings" is the dumbest poo poo and it should be illegal to advertise like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

this should be illegal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sagebrush posted:

"estimated gas savings" is the dumbest poo poo and it should be illegal to advertise like that.

yep. it probably is actually, i'm pretty sure they make dealers put the sticker price on it for a very good reason

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Tesseraction posted:

I was looking at the 5Y chart and he's basically about to undo all the gains he made since late 2020

Obviously there's the dip in late 2022 but that was a sharp fall and sharp rebound whereas this time seems a little more institutional pulling of investment.

it's incredible, and this guy wants the shareholders that lost all that money to give him even more and also even more control of the company he is running into the ground by diktat

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

could probably knock another $1k off there if they included the ‘savings’ from lack of oil changes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

it's incredible, and this guy wants the shareholders that lost all that money to give him even more and also even more control of the company he is running into the ground by diktat
being a stupid rear end in a top hat got him about as much success as is humanly possible, why would he stop now?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

the federal tax credit comes from the democrats and the republicans have vowed to axe it.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The really disgusting thing about that mud video is how incredibly disrespectful it is for anyone to take a vehicle that weighs as much as the MuskMobile does onto a wet trail.

there are all sorts of course but in general off-road clubs are VERY into trail care and stewardship. can't wait for off road areas to start implementing GVW limits in response to Cybertruck dumbasses.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i just registered a complaint with the ftc lol (https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/form/main)

if you want to do that yourself, tesla's hq is "1 Tesla Road, Austin, TX, 78725". this is what i put in the complaint, please do not copy it verbatim:

quote:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk made a representation about the price of the Tesla Model Y on Twitter (now "X", a corporation also run by Elon Musk), at https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1781544288179851750 (in case it has been deleted, an archived copy is available at https://web.archive.org/web/20240420071347/https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1781544288179851750). The statement is contained within an image that says "[Tesla] Model Y starts at $29,490". According to Tesla's own site — which, as of April 20, 2024. also makes the same representation on its homepage — the vehicle's actual "starting price" is $42,990 (https://www.tesla.com/modely/design#overview). Advertising the price after nebulous "probable fuel savings" and including a federal tax credit that not everyone is eligible for is a massive ($13,500) misrepresentation about the cost of the vehicle, and should be illegal. If this is not fraudulent, it should be.

probably won't amount to anything but eh worth a shot, why not

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm pretty sure musk stans mostly just don't ever go that far from their city homes. the types who make "i loving love technology" their whole drat identity don't usually have hobbies that take them too far from wifi routers

no man i know one who goes to disney world like eight times a year

whaley fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 20, 2024

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Look, it's a Hitler birthday special!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

I was looking at the 5Y chart and he's basically about to undo all the gains he made since late 2020

Obviously there's the dip in late 2022 but that was a sharp fall and sharp rebound whereas this time seems a little more institutional pulling of investment.
Does that chart account for splits? I got ridiculous price drop warnings for GE recently when they split into aviation and energy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shumagorath posted:

Does that chart account for splits? I got ridiculous price drop warnings for GE recently when they split into aviation and energy.

Yeah, it absolutely accounts for splits, the actual un-split price in 2020 was well over $1k/share: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/investing/tesla-stock/index.html

quote:

New York
CNN Business

Tesla’s stock soared 26% during the holiday-shortened week, topping $1,000, $1,100 and $1,200 in the process. Tesla is now worth more than most blue chip firms in the S&P 500.

But one Wall Street analyst is making the case that the stock still could surge another 66% over the next 12 months to hit $2,000. So far Tesla (TSLA) shares have risen an electrifying 189% this year, driven partly by a broader increase in the tech sector.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shumagorath posted:

it does, pretty much any chart you see will unless you explicitly tell it not to. you'd need an advanced charting tool for that anyway, and those usually aren't free (to the public at least, most brokerages will probably let you without owning TSLA)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Twerk from Home posted:

Yeah, it absolutely accounts for splits, the actual un-split price in 2020 was well over $1k/share: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/investing/tesla-stock/index.html

lol cathie wood's target for TSLA is still (as in, recently, in 2024) $2,000

she's loving delusional

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/ton_aarts/status/1781338905138135082

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fsd actually took them that far onto loving train tracks that the driver wasn't like "wtf, maybe i should steer back onto the road, where the cars are"??

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Beeftweeter posted:

fsd actually took them that far onto loving train tracks that the driver wasn't like "wtf, maybe i should steer back onto the road, where the cars are"??

Its really a huge credit to Tesla. They made a car with such a plush suspension that even driving down train tracks won't wake you up from your nap.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Stutes posted:

could probably knock another $1k off there if they included the ‘savings’ from lack of oil changes

Model Y

Starts a $0

after us federal tax credits,
   estimated gas savings,
   and estimated robotaxi
          revenue

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

given how gullible tesla drivers are, i wouldn't be surprised if the driver thought the car had checked rail maps and rail timetables to determine that the railroad tracks were a perfectly safe and reasonable shortcut to their destination

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

not just tesla drivers tbf
https://twitter.com/TTCNewsroom/status/1219920300164485120

that car went 600 metres into this tunnel

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pinterest Mom posted:

iced out of the shitter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Oh interesting so that explains why it seemed so low until that part of 2020. So this means the drop is even worse than the chart suggests?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm pretty sure musk stans mostly just don't ever go that far from their city homes. the types who make "i loving love technology" their whole drat identity don't usually have hobbies that take them too far from wifi routers

Suburban homes. Every tesla owner I've met is too much of a coward to actually go to the city

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the city? you mean where… black people… live…?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Oh interesting so that explains why it seemed so low until that part of 2020. So this means the drop is even worse than the chart suggests?

no, the drop is precisely as bad as the chart suggests. if you had bought $1000 of tesla shares on january 1st 2021, those shares would be worth $500 today.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this happens constantly there and the one on queens quay into union

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
model why

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

wtf, how? is there a road directly adjacent to the entrance or something?

i guess it's good nyc has them on sidewalks, i don't think i've ever heard of a car going into the subway lol, although i suppose it could happen with a small one. i don't remember hearing about anything similar within my lifetime though

e: i guess a better analogy in the US might be the green line T in boston? those are pseudo-streetcars but also go through a subway system. i know cars occasionally get stuck on the tracks that cross roads, but similarly to nyc i don't think i've heard of one actually going into a station lol. then again the green line is old as gently caress (first subway in the US) and the entrances probably couldn't fit a modern car even if someone tried, and i didn't live in boston for nearly as long as i've been in/around nyc so it's possible i just hadn't heard of it happening

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 20, 2024

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

infernal machines posted:

That is the Queen's Quay tunnel; you can see the Westin behind it / the Spadina tunnel's background is (for now, anyway) the Bloor intersection and low-rise homes.

Beeftweeter posted:

Toronto has multiple streetcar lines. The Spadina to Queen's Quay route runs N/S then turns W/E at the lake on a dedicated rail section through the middle of the road, and the tunnels integrate it with subway stations. The St. Clair West line also does this. The rest of them run on rails embedded in driveable roads with surface connections to the subway lines and terminal loops, and King St has a right-of-way section where cars have to turn off after a block or two.

The Queen St line was almost an underground subway but they never really got anywhere, and now the small section of tunnel is being repurposed to finally give Doug Ford his dumbass monorail-esque excuse for a downtown relief. We almost had an Eglinton West subway line twenty five years ago, but the infamously lovely Harris government (and I do mean infamous and lovely; they hosed with provincial water testing that lead to people in Walkerton being poisoned with E. coli) killed the project and filled its tunnel with concrete that we had to dig out when running the much smaller-capacity but longer-running Line 5 that might open next year if we're lucky.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 20, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

i guess it's good nyc has them on sidewalks, i don't think i've ever heard of a car going into the subway lol, although i suppose it could happen with a small one. i don't remember hearing about anything similar within my lifetime though

e: i guess a better analogy in the US might be the green line T in boston? those are pseudo-streetcars but also go through a subway system. i know cars occasionally get stuck on the tracks that cross roads, but similarly to nyc i don't think i've heard of one actually going into a station lol. then again the green line is old as gently caress (first subway in the US) and the entrances probably couldn't fit a modern car even if someone tried, and i didn't live in boston for nearly as long as i've been in/around nyc

that's a streetcar line in the photo.

the tracks are grade separated but not by a lot and they're next to the road. those places are where they go underground at a transit station for bus and subway connections

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 20, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

That is the Queen's Quay tunnel; you can see the Westin behind it / the Spadina tunnel's background is (for now, anyway) the Bloor intersection and low-rise homes.

yeah i misread that as spadina for some reason. it happens at both a few times a year but i think queens quay is worse for out of town drivers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shumagorath posted:

Toronto has multiple streetcar lines. The Spadina to Queen's Quay route runs N/S then turns W/E at the lake on a dedicated rail section through the middle of the road, and the tunnels integrate it with subway stations. The St. Clair West line also does this. The rest of them run on rails embedded in driveable roads with surface connections to the subway lines and terminal loops, and King St has a right-of-way section where cars have to turn off after a block or two.

The Queen St line was almost an underground subway but they never really got anywhere, and now the small section of tunnel is being repurposed to finally give Doug Ford his dumbass monorail-esque excuse for a downtown relief. We almost had an Eglinton West subway line twenty five years ago, but the infamously lovely Harris government (and I do mean infamous and lovely; they hosed with provincial water testing that lead to people in Walkerton being poisoned with E. coli) killed the project and filled its tunnel with concrete that we had to dig out when running the much smaller-capacity but longer-running Line 5 that might open next year if we're lucky.

lol i guess canada really isn't that much better than here then, that's pretty dumb

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i guess canada really isn't that much better than here then, that's pretty dumb
Ontario's provincial Conservative Party is notoriously short-sighted, petty, and corrupt, and yet people keep voting for them

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Eeyo posted:

more like tesla owned of Silicon Valley

cybertruck self owners club

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

ShadowHawk posted:

Ya'll are being stupid, they're clearly sorted by 2-letter country code (ISO 3166 code)

Croatia is HR, Hungary is HU, Ireland is IE...

Remember you told me to tell you when you were acting rudely and insensitively? Remember that? You're doing it right now.