Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
Went to the Oregon Country Fair.

So you take a State Fair, and hippy festival, a sci-fi / fantasy convention, a pride parade, and about 3 universities worth of art students. And you put them in the woods outside Eugene Oregon and get them really stoned.

:nws: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ghTwguoq3s0/UePH4XgMgRI/AAAAAAAABNQ/OodPm7j6qX4/s800/GoingHome.png :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Street Photography: Painted boobs edition.

Were you just creepy or...?

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Musket posted:

Street Photography: Painted boobs edition.

Were you just creepy or...?

Like I said, it is part hippy festival. I had to crop a lot of photos due to incidental boobs, because obviously a lot of guys would find that it distracts from the subject.

Got some shots of painted up man flesh if that makes you more comfortable.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It's still creepy.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Yeah, photographing strangers in public is just weird.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Photographing festivalgoers at a festival however...

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Did you know that dude or are you just some kind of creep who goes around taking pictures of other people?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

So street

P7150308.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

P7150286.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Wario In Real Life posted:

Did you know that dude or are you just some kind of creep who goes around taking pictures of other people?

I'm a creep. But he knew I was taking the photo. Well I assume so, I pointed to the camera and he smiled.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

So street

P7150308.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

P7150286.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

These are landscapes :colbert:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Musket posted:

These are landscapes :colbert:
Didn't you hear? The cool new thing to do is to post the same pictures in as many of the 8-10 specific photo threads as possible.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Wario In Real Life posted:

Didn't you hear? The cool new thing to do is to post the same pictures in as many of the 8-10 specific photo threads as possible.

I'm going to have to point out that you obviously haven't been around very long, because that isn't new at all :colbert:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I was asked to delete a photo from my camera after taking someone's picture for the first time today. It was kind of weird they minded, but whatever.

Here's one from today.

IMG_7374-2 by philip painter, on Flickr

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
True story: I climbed up the fire escape and didn't see anything worthwhile for a 45mm lens from up top. I could hear a conversation from somewhere below me nearly the whole time I was up there, but only after I reached the second story on my way down did I realize that it was a sheriff's deputy below me talking on a cell phone. I sat on the third level and waited. He poked around in the dumpsters with his flashlight and never looked up once before he walked off.

five oh by voodoorootbeer, on Flickr

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!
I got these shots while I went out to ATL. This guy was teaching chess to these kids. It was great to watch!

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo
Edit: trying to figure out how to best upload images...

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

2270 by Ashade76, on Flickr

Grab some Buds by Ashade76, on Flickr

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

filmscan021-Edit by g.hetzel, on Flickr

filmscan022-Edit by g.hetzel, on Flickr

Idk if this is really street, but it's about as close as I've gotten so far.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Those are cool. What film are you using? I love the colors.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Thanks. :) Shooting Portra 400 on an ME Super

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
First time ever shooting strangers today on the VB boardwalk. It is a lot more difficult than I expected; but it was also a very refreshing change of pace and I look forward to doing it again and learning from it. Here are a few shots. I know they are all pretty much poo poo, but the thing I want your opinions on are b/w conversions. I have zero Idea what I'm doing.

This is not how to ride a bike by LeeMHarp, on Flickr

20130720-IMG_8010 by LeeMHarp, on Flickr

Rollerskates by LeeMHarp, on Flickr

Long Night by LeeMHarp, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Final Objective by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Dat donk on the right has got it all goin' on!

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005

DSC_2317 by undefined., on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Deploy Lens Flare.

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

L1000051 by kroojinder, on Flickr

L1000103 by kroojinder, on Flickr

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!

Claw Massage posted:

First time ever shooting strangers today on the VB boardwalk. It is a lot more difficult than I expected; but it was also a very refreshing change of pace and I look forward to doing it again and learning from it. Here are a few shots. I know they are all pretty much poo poo, but the thing I want your opinions on are b/w conversions. I have zero Idea what I'm doing.

Okay, I don't know if you are shooting in RAW or jpeg, but if you aren't shooting in RAW do so every now and then. It gives you much more flexibility. Also, are you shooting in black and white mode on your camera or are you post processing it to look black and white? If you are doing the former, don't bother. Shoot in color because it is really easy to make a black and white picture in post. Also, try messing with the brightness and contrast tools in photo shop or light room. Also, I find it better to shoot black and white on cloudy days compared to bright sunny ones. I guess it is the light filtering through the clouds that gives it the right light. I'm sure someone else can give you more tips than that, but that's what I've found to work for me.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Thanks for the response. Already shooting in raw and using Lightroom to convert. It was a cloud free morning so that might have something to do with the harshness I am seeing with the photos.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

The rest aren't particularly engaging but I think this is quite nice. B&W conversion looks ok on this one.

Where's your flickr link I wanna fav this. Calling flickr police.

DSC_9075.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

scottch posted:

I hear there's some way to get the link :ssh:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

DSCF1354.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

scottch posted:

:toot:

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

Untitled by Jake Scallan, on Flickr

Scrapper Bikes by Jake Scallan, on Flickr

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

Sweet.

L1000137 by kroojinder, on Flickr

L1000136 by kroojinder, on Flickr

Not sure which I prefer.

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!

krooj posted:

Sweet.

L1000137 by kroojinder, on Flickr

L1000136 by kroojinder, on Flickr

Not sure which I prefer.

I think these two would work better as a narrative piece. Posting them back to back makes them really great and adds a sense of eeriness! I shot this in South Georgia this weekend. I liked it.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
I wish everything was in focus. That basketball hoop is the only thing that stands out as sharp to me and that's an odd focal point.

KingsPawn
May 23, 2006
E4!
Well, it was kind of a spur of the moment and I really didn't have time to check my focus, but I'll make a note of that in the future. It was kind of awkward taking a picture of it honestly. I had no idea what they were doing and why on Earth they were there. But thanks again. I think I'm going to start posting more photos here so I can get better.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

KingsPawn posted:

It was kind of awkward taking a picture of it honestly.

Long lens from far away of peoples backs tends to be this way.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

KingsPawn posted:

I think these two would work better as a narrative piece. Posting them back to back makes them really great and adds a sense of eeriness! I shot this in South Georgia this weekend. I liked it.

The lesson to learn here is:

How to press delete in lightroom/back of camera. Dont get emotionally invested in everything you shoot, learn to cull bad from good. This could have been Good but isnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

img469-418 by spf3million, on Flickr

img464-416 by spf3million, on Flickr

img466-405 by spf3million, on Flickr

Some of the best street food in Bangkok