Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah had the same issue with Chrome, works fine with Firefox.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Well my brain farted pretty bad. Took me 14 seconds to realize the answer about the French Revolution was "The Reign of Terror" which I could normally shoot out in 2 seconds during a conversation, but Jeopardy messes with my brain.

Also put comedy answer McCain instead of Rubio for that "American Son" question :v:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Think I got 35ish? Probably not good enough.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I did quite badly. That made me feel like a dummy.

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
I got about 35 as well.

Today was not a good Jeopardy day for booksellers.... :smith:

EDIT: After seeing the answers, 34 after all.

ColonelCurmudgeon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 9, 2014

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe
I'd guess somewhere in the 33-35 range as well. First time taking it and I didn't think it was too bad.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I took it for fun this time around and got 40-42ish right. So I'm pretty happy even if it doesn't lead to anything.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ChampRamp posted:

I took it for fun this time around and got 40-42ish right. So I'm pretty happy even if it doesn't lead to anything.

If you're taking these online tests for anything but fun, you are doing it wrong.

Also blanked so hard on the first President of the 20th century.

\/\/It helps to remember, even if you get 50/50 right, it's still a randomized drawing of who goes to auditions.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 9, 2014

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know what? Every year for the Jeopardy test I wring my hands and try to remember what I said versus what the correct answers were and fret for weeks on end.

I'm not doing that crap this year. If I'm in, I'm in. If not, to hell with it -- I've tried out for 18 years, I can try again on year 19.

(that third type of column is going to be my undoing)

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 9, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I completely blanked on the geography questions and I'm usually ace on those. So that sucks. Waiting for that one forum to put up answers so I can try to compare.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Got a 33 last night - feel like an idiot for blanking on Tripoli and putting Benghazi/not reading the Atlanta, Ga and Perry Ellis Island questions correctly. Oh well - here's to next year!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I think I got at least 35 though the quiz has not lessened my dislike of Nathaniel Hawthorne. :argh:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1751

Answers are on page two there. Looking through it again I think 35 was a high estimate and I got 30 on the nose. Still can't believe I blanked on those geography questions.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe
Got 37, better than expected (probably not good enough)

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Sportman posted:

Got 37, better than expected (probably not good enough)

The unofficial minimum is 35, I think.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008
I got 35 at most.

I'm not sure if I got "wynn" in time, and I think I put sugar instead of sugarbowl.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I didn't know about the test until I saw tonight's episode and I just registered for it. However, I recently went to an audition back in May of last year (still crossing my fingers that they actually call me, however unlikely that chance is) and I remember the contest search people saying that they'll be offering a test sometime in between the time of my audition and when I leave the contestant pool and that there was a way that I could take the test for fun and not have it count towards being entered in the pool again. Maybe I'm just blind, but when I applied to take the test, there was no check box or whatever to say that I was just taking the test for funsies and to test my knowledge. Did I mess up somewhere, or will there be something to that effect after when I go take the test tomorrow? I just want to make sure I didn't mess anything up for my (admittedly low) chances of actually getting on the show.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
When you registered to take the test it should have asked you a series of questions about being on game shows. I think they were "Have you been on Jeopardy?", "Have you auditioned for Jeopardy in the last year?", and then a couple questions about other game shows. If you answered the audition one "yes" I think you can take the test, it just won't advance you if you do well.

That jboard thread with the recording of the test was nifty, took it that way and got 35 again. Now that I've practiced I'm ready to get 49 tomorrow. See y'all at the audition :smug:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I'm taking the test tonight. Would've gotten 22 on Tuesday, and 30 on Wednesday (assuming they take Titian instead of Titian red). Hopefully the trend continues upward.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Just registered to take it tonight, because why not? :toot:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Would have done better on Monday...didn't even break 30 last night. :negative:

And now I'm sure when I see the list of tonight's questions/answers I'm sure I'll know, like, 43.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Officer Sandvich posted:

When you registered to take the test it should have asked you a series of questions about being on game shows. I think they were "Have you been on Jeopardy?", "Have you auditioned for Jeopardy in the last year?", and then a couple questions about other game shows. If you answered the audition one "yes" I think you can take the test, it just won't advance you if you do well.

Just checked, the only eligibility questions they asked were if you can appeared on any version of Jeopardy with Alex Trebek as the host, if I had appeared on any game/competition/dating show within the past year, or if I had appeared on any of the previous three times over the past ten years. Nothing about whether I've done an audition recently...

Dunno if I should take the test at all tonight... Just in case, I guess.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Cash cow instead of slumlord? That probably got a lot of folks. Seemed like an even test with yesterdays, maybe a slight bit easier.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wasn't counting my score but I have a feeling it was quite bad, I left several blank and at least easy one I completely bungled.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
gently caress that test.

slaphappy
Aug 4, 2007
That was brutal.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
welp

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Well, gently caress. I thought of the wrong Burroughs and was desperately thinking, oh poo poo, beat poetry has characters?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I thought tonight was easier than the previous 2, at least for me. But unfortunately midway through the test my video driver crashed and took about 40 seconds to come back, meaning I probably missed 3 or 4 questions.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What was the Urdu-named cloth? That was the one that really left me baffled.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Were there any sports questions on the three tests? I don't recall any.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

No idea. I guessed pith.

And because I'm an idiot, even though I absolutely love The Hunger Games I blanked on Suzanne Collins' name until one second before time ran out.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I put down khaki.

Overall I think I got about 36/37, which considering there were two opera questions on there is pretty good. Still not certain about the King Lear and poet that became a baron (I put Goneril and Lord Byron respectively).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

BrooklynBruiser posted:

No idea. I guessed pith.

And because I'm an idiot, even though I absolutely love The Hunger Games I blanked on Suzanne Collins' name until one second before time ran out.

poo poo, it's probably pith.

And I got her mixed up with the Twilight lady. :blush:

ChampRamp posted:

One about Peyton Manning tonight.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Ugh, every year I do worse, probably because I've stopped paying attention to everything. Time to bone up on Shakespeare again.

Those ones you know you knew at some point are brutal.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Teddybear posted:

One about Peyton Manning tonight.

Oh yeah, I got it, just forgot about that one.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

I put down khaki.
Ahh goddamnit so obvious; that is correct. If only I had looked down at my own loving pants.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think I put burlap for that.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

I put down khaki.

Son of a gently caress!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChampRamp posted:

There was a question about the Sugar bowl last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Troy Queef posted:

Still not certain about the King Lear

It's Cordelia.