Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Whats the general consensus on Red Robin roudn here? My take: I like em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The North Tower posted:

Just burged. Kept it simple: 80/20 beef with salt and pepper on the outside, onion, tomato, pickle and cheddar (steamed for the last minute) on pan fried focaccia with butter (the only bread I had lying around).

That looks good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The North Tower posted:

Just burged. Kept it simple: 80/20 beef with salt and pepper on the outside, onion, tomato, pickle and cheddar (steamed for the last minute) on pan fried focaccia with butter (the only bread I had lying around).

Well done :golfclap:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The North Tower posted:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

You can't deliver a burger.
It can't be done unless each component was individually packed in a temperature appropriate and moisture containg compartment to preserve the integrity of the burg in toto.

For this to work, the delivery driver would need to be allowed into your house with his burg-pouch and be given a small space (a kitchen counter or table top) on which he can assemble your burg and present them to you.

Imagine having a strange person enter your home with the makings of a fine meal and entrusting him to assemble it correctly AND present it to you properly? It's disconcerting AT BEST.

No. No burger delivery.

rip mcdlt

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i went to red robin once and without thinking ordered my poo poo medium rare

it's just a habit from eating at steakhouses and what not

wouldn't recommend it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i get my burgs m-r

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i accidentally cooked my burg medium rare today and yknow what... i liked it a lot actually.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

don't get me wrong medium rare is great

i just don't feel like i should have done that at a semi fast food joint

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
idk why people itt seem against it tbh

E: oh. well, i literally dont care abt the possibility of disease or food borne illness

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Guys I'm using the last of my burger stuff and I have IPA so I wanna add some kick to the burgers. Do I use sriracha or louisiana hot sauce?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

when i make them at home that's how i do them

but i get them at my local butcher who is amazing

http://www.charliesmemphis.com/

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

had a pretty good burg today. fried onions, pickles, tomato, a fried egg, and jalapenos + ketchup and mustard. the jalapenos were a misstep which I won't be repeating but otherwise it was choice

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Jehde posted:

Guys I'm using the last of my burger stuff and I have IPA so I wanna add some kick to the burgers. Do I use sriracha or louisiana hot sauce?

hot sauce

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
the ketchup was a misstep

also yeah hotsauce

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

had a pretty good burg today. fried onions, pickles, tomato, a fried egg, and jalapenos + ketchup and mustard. the jalapenos were a misstep which I won't be repeating but otherwise it was choice

did the jalaps clash with the onion/pickles mix?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

a large trout posted:

did the jalaps clash with the onion/pickles mix?

yeah the spiciness just wasn't doing it for me. spiciness with burgs needs to be planned for not just thrown in, as I have learned now

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

that's one reason i always liked to cook my jalaps in with my burgs but i'm a human failure so just play it by ear from now on i guess

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah I agree re: planning for it. i love fresh jalapenos on a burger with just some cheese to go with but no other toppings. but not every time obviously.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Guys I'm gonna level with you here, this is an intimate moment for me so I want you to respect it, as I'm speaking in a burg-chapel here in this thread...

I like spicy food, really hot, in fact.
But I like my burgs without hot sauce. I like the cold lettuce, tomatoes, and pickle to really shine. So you get the warm crispness of the grilled bun, the cool toppings, and the warm patty sensation without it being sullied by hot sauce or jalepenos.

Now, I'm not saying I never have those types of burgers, BUT, in general, that is my rule.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah for sure... that's the classic burger and it will always be in style. it's my go-to as well. i don't ever put hot sauce on my burger really... if you wanna heat it up go jalapenos imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

thathonkey posted:

yeah for sure... that's the classic burger and it will always be in style. it's my go-to as well. i don't ever put hot sauce on my burger really... if you wanna heat it up go jalapenos imo

I believe you meant to say 'habaneros'.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yes, please spice your burgers in moderation.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Guys I'm gonna level with you here, this is an intimate moment for me so I want you to respect it, as I'm speaking in a burg-chapel here in this thread...

But I like my burgs without hot sauce. I like the cold lettuce, tomatoes, and pickle to really shine. So you get the warm crispness of the grilled bun, the cool toppings, and the warm patty sensation without it being sullied by hot sauce or jalepenos.

Now, I'm not saying I never have those types of burgers, BUT, in general, that is my rule.

this is not a bad opinion

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

when i'm thinking hot sauce i usually mix it in with some mayo or other base condiment

personally i would never condemn anyones personal choice of burg'in as we're all different though

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I will also agree that hot sauce is not my usual choice. but all burgs (provided they are medium-medium rare) are good in my eyes. I've been meaning to try the peanut butter variety but the opportunity hasn't come up yet

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

there's a 24 hour steak and shake like five minutes from my folks place and even though i dont think their food is amazing or anything if id lived five minutes from a 24 hour steak and shake during my four day binge drinking college years id weigh a fancy 400 pounds now

no joke if there were no 24/7 steak and shakes w/ in 10 minutes id probably weigh 100 pounds less

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i gently caress with steak and shake but there's not any close to me. their fries are pretty crap tho

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i eat a ton of spicy food but i've never felt adding a spicy component to a burger made it a lot better.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2pG0kMzFU

Diamond Joe prefer ketchup on his burger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBvUO9D880

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

NienNunb posted:

Whats the general consensus on Red Robin roudn here? My take: I like em!

surprisingly really good burgs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

ill gently caress with jalapenos or hot sauce or chipotle mayo on occation but ya i totally agree here.

no need to keep it on the DL man.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also i totally agree with the "cold lettuce" thing.

nice crunch cold iceberg (and pickes/onions too!) is a great juxtaposition to the warm and savory/soft texture of the meat/cheese/bun.

not to harp on in-n-out again but they do a great job of getting a nice crunchy layer of lettuce on their burgs.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
in n out > five guys > the habit > super duper burger but mainly because in n out is open way later then the three other places
five guys has the best variety/french fries
super duper has beer
the habit has best milkshakes though

and if you have the option for grilled onions, you take that poo poo

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 1, 2015

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

In and out cooks their burgs in mustard right? In that case noooooooooo thank you!

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNiXVgbyQk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

NienNunb posted:

In and out cooks their burgs in mustard right? In that case noooooooooo thank you!

its a special request iirc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

its a special request iirc

2x2 animal style is the most pro choice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

etalian posted:

4x2 get on the bus to fatboy town

• Locked thread