Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Scottie told Haleigh that he, Rockstar, and Bayleigh already agreed to form a Hive/FOUTTE voting block in Jury to control the winner. That's not a super surprise but was in some doubt considering how dysfunctional they are. There's always the chance they could screw it up because they're FOUTTE but being in the jury will probably tear down a lot of the paranoia walls that led to many of their problems. Especially once JC or a Level 6er hits and if they start confirming the truth.

If they're all voting as a block its worth noting they seem to feel especially bitter and burned towards Tyler and Angela and more sympathetic to Kaycee and Brett. But who knows if that holds up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’m not surprised by their feelings. Kaycee and Brett were pretty open about their allegiances.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaycee at least. She gets really defensive and stupid when caught in a lie but for the most part she hasn't gotten bogged down in it or really bothered to play people. Everyone mostly likes her and like never really felt betrayed by her because she never promised them anything.

Brett did a TON of backstabbing and manipulation but I think its just the same thing as fans liking him. He's such an over the top and charming villain that it diffuses things. He's just too goofy to hate. For most. I hate him.

Tyler and Angela have been snakes and never come clean about anything. They're playing really terrible Jury Management games and they might need each other at the end. Its tough to read because Hive might just respect their games over Kaycee and Brett (or Sam). But they're making all the mistakes you should make if you want to fall victim to a bitter jury.

Unrelated, this makes me laugh. The internet is so weird and funny and obsessive.

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/adult-green-loofah-costume/149782.uts

edit:

#BB20

https://twitter.com/winston_hines/s...538069104078848

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 1, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaycee won POV if you care. It's relevant in so far as Kaycee is starting to build something of a resume if a bitter jury is looking to reward someone they like more.

I think Scottie is the target but I haven't paid enough attention to be sure. It seemed like Brett and JC are pushing him hard as the target and while Tyler seems like he might want Haleigh gone it's not worth rocking the boat.

Scottie and Haleigh just seem to be floating and making nice with the majority. Which is no real shocker. It's mildly amusing that Haleigh seems to be driving Angela insane who just wants to be left alone to rub on Tyler.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 2, 2018

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I was thinking that the people who had the most to gain from the Battle Back were Angela and Brett. They both stand a pretty good shot at making the finals and having someone from jury in the house could give them a heads up on their jury management and allow them to course correct. But, uh, it doesn't look like that's happened.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haleigh did pass on to them what Scottie said about the Jury voting block and how angry they are. From what I've seen Brett gets it and is kind of low key freaking out that he might have screwed himself both with Jury and just with general sentiment with the way he's treated people and his goodbye messages. Angela seems dismissive of the idea and just feels she's been justified in everything she says and does. Tyler seems somewhere in the middle. Low key freaking out but also kind of self righteous about it and "bitter juries" being wrong.

So I mean, honestly that's about how well I would have expected it to go. Brett's always seemed the most self aware and had the ability to adapt, Tyler's capable but obviously a little too far up his own rear end, and Angela just doesn't seem like the kind of person who regrets her actions. But there's not much any of them could do about it now.

And from what I can tell they're all promising both Scottie and Haleigh they're good again this week so they're just not gonna learn here.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I haven't watched feeds in like three weeks. It's not that I dislike Tyler but he needs to go to make it interesting again. Also don't say that on Reddit because the hive-mind will downvote anything remotely negative about him and the complete lack of chemistry his non-existent showmance has. I think he's a lot of self-inserts for them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its just boring. Level Six aren't interesting or exciting characters and none of them are scheming against each other. JC is the only person trying to play but he waited too long and now he's got no one he can turn against LvT. They just control the house and will choose the pagonging order.

Even if like Haleigh won HOH next week I think she'd just play it safe, go after Sam or JC, and try and stay good with LvT. The game has just stagnated entirely.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Honestly we need a Brett HoH because I think there's a chance he'd go for it (at least Angela or Kaycee) while Haleigh and JC are still around to support him. Feels weird to say it, but it's true.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think so but I suppose it's the best case scenario after JC and Haleigh. But I don't see Brett doing it. He's made no real whispers about it and I think he's banking on Tyler like everyone else. JC has brought it up to him but Brett has then ratted JC out to Tyler.

Edit: Thinking about it the most interesting HOH might be Kaycee? It would be really bad for her to nominate Sam over Brett or JC. So either she puts up Sam and potentially burns the Jury or she puts up JC and he freaks out. I think she'd just put up Sam because she's kind of stubbornly dumb about game stuff like that and has always been all in with LvT. But she's the only one who doesn't have two clean nominations in Haleigh, Sam, and JC.

I mean, Angela is basically in the same place but she'd just put Sam up and the hide in HOH talking poo poo about her. She openly doesn't care that the jury hates her. I think that's where Kaycee would end up after the rest of LvT encourage her to join them in bitter jury world.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 3, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, there's an online game controversy that will never amount to anything. Basically the rules of the HOH seemed to say that you had to keep one foot on the disc at all times, but Tyler had both feet off at one point. So online fans think he should have been disqualified and Haleigh should have won. There's been the usual arguing between fanbases as the Tyler haters point to Kaycee saying your feet must stay on the disc in a DR and the Tyler lovers point to Angela just saying you can't sit on the disc. RealVegas confirms that he "inadvertently" broke the rules and that they were reviewing it but that it was unlikely anything would happen. The controversy didn't break until Sunday's show aired after noms and POV had already happened and it becomes less and less likely that BB would nullify his week with each passing day.

So basically Tyler screwed up but is getting bailed out of it through inertia. So BB20.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I know they’re never going to nullify the HOH (nor do I really think they should) but if we go by the adage of “it’s a TV show first and a game second” they should really take any excuse they can get to put Haleigh in power to try and salvage these last few weeks.

Not that it will make a difference since she’d nominate Scottie or whatever, but at least that’d be slightly more entertaining than this universe.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I mean the show had ample time to review it and did nothing because they were fine with the result. But that won't stop people from insisting BB and shows like it are cleanly run and have to follow rules because of federal regulations blah blah blah.

Like, this is the plainest example of how shady a show like this can be. Super simple rules to a game, rule broken, production shrugs and let's the rule breaker win anyway. There's likely the real reason comps generally aren't shown on the feeds. I have to wonder how many comps had people win or lose on some bs that we never saw.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, in all fairness in real sports there's basic "you gotta review the play before the next play happens" rules because that's just kind of how it works. You can't really erase half a football game because you hosed up a call. It sucks for the team who suffers from it but its the way it is.

BB should have caught it, or if they did and just ignored it because their favored guy was the culprit they should have DQed him. Angela and Tyler should have come clean (they were talking on the feeds about how he got away with it). But practically too much has happened to go back and change it and that holds true for any sport.

Its unfair. Tyler and L6 got lucky. Haleigh and Scottie got screwed. Sometimes that just happens.

Personally its just another "Tyler got lucky" note for my counter argument against the "Greatest of All Time" narrative.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It sucks in sports, but sports in general can be complicated in a way that game shows typically aren't, especially considering the fact that this game was not live. There are plenty of instances in game shows where a replay shows someone went out of bounds or whatever resulting in an elimination or whatever. BB just doesn't care, especially when their clear favorite benefits. I only bring it up because for years I had to have people constantly argue that BB wouldn't play favorites because that is wrong and possibly illegal (which they know because of that one game show incident 50+ years ago which resulted in a law they probably can't quote that is apparently made of magic that cannot be broken.)

Also I am not really arguing that anything be done at this point, not because I think it would be bad to change anything after the fact, but because it is pointless to even consider. What happened happened because BB ultimately decided to allow it. The decision was already made. It's done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, obviously BB should have "caught" it and acted on it at the time. I was just saying that some point the "game" moves too far ahead for you to be able to do anything about it without screwing a bunch of other poo poo up. That's on BB, and to a lesser extent Tyler (but you know, "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and in fairness it wasn't a deliberate act, it was just a "I hope no one saw that" think).

Whether or not BB purposefully ignored it because Tyler is their favorite, saw it but just didn't want to bother, or just missed it entirely is somewhat academic. I just think BB fans generally get too wrapped up in that stuff when there's no way for us to ever really know the answers. It ends up just reinforcing what people already think or believe. So Tyler/L6 lovers insist that the first Hacker comp was rigged for Haleigh and Tyler/L6 haters insist half his comps are handed to him. Its all just noise because there's no evidence one way or another.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 3, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well they either saw it and chose to do nothing, or they are literally running a game show for 500k entirely on the honor system. I think the simplest explanation is that at least one human being was watching the game being played and saw what happened.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What's that saying about assuming nefarious intent where plain old incompetence can explain things?

I really don't know. I just think once you start down that road then you've just opened the door to every conspiracy theory and "rigged" narrative this fanbase throws around. And that's a LOT. BB has a lot of fans who are CONVINCED everything bad that happens to their favorites is because of rigging.

And don't get me wrong, I think edits get slanted and I think rules get applied selectively in the house. So I'm not saying "nothing is ever fishy." I just don't know what gets accomplished by opening that door for stuff we can't really know because then you're gonna have someone calling everything rigged.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I dunno. I think that is an argument people like to make because perhaps living in a world where people can get away with abusing their power makes them feel bad. I don't mean that as a dig against you, because it is an argument I have seen many people make. To me, it is a silly argument. We can't assume someone did something bad because then we might have to consider that they did more bad things?

Like I said, either they saw what happened and chose to do nothing, or they are running a half a million dollar game show in the US that has no means of assuring any rules are actually being followed. The former and the latter ultimately have the same implications. If they can't even make sure a contestant has a foot down before crowning them the winner of a game, due to incompetence, then how gullible or naive would we have to be to assume that any other part of the game is being properly managed? That other rules are not being broken? That people aren't taking advantage of that level of incompetence?

There's no way around how foul the situation looks, especially since it doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Also, who cares if random people think everything is rigged. There are already people who think that. Having an honest discussion about something like this doesn't really open the door to anything. And if more people did talk about it, the show might end up being better for it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if it was a matter of consequence I'd demand a full investigation. But its a dumb rear end game show that has bullshit screwjobs written into its DNA and rules. So I guess I just don't care enough to get bogged down in it. It happened, it sucked, it's another instance of Tyler getting absurdly lucky (or helped).

Its certainly possible Tyler's had this whole game pushed in his favor. I can construct that narrative if I like. But like... I have no real evidence so I don't know what I accomplish doing it.

But like, I'll happily concede that maybe you're right and maybe I just don't give enough of a poo poo because its September, I haven't watched 4 episodes in a row, and I'm getting ready for increased work, taking my garden apart, NFL, playoff baseball, and horror movies. Maybe you're right that if we made enough of a stink then the game would be a little less bullshitty next summer.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 3, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

You are totally right and I agree with you about the futility of pondering these things. I just wanted to point out that there is a difference in thinking it is futile to even bother, and actively arguing against even considering that something is suspicious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, no, I agree with you that its reasonable to wonder if BB would have handled Haleigh or Scottie stepping off the disc the same way they handled Tyler stepping off. BB certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on it.

But I guess i just conclude with "Who the gently caress knows?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I'm trying to catch up with the show and the episodes I've skipped and this stuff is somehow more boring than the feeds. An hour of Angela DRs, Tyler and Angela searching for human emotions, Fessy and Haleigh bickering, and pretending JC is puppet mastering the game moves sooooooo slow.

Edit: Feed updates it seems like Level Tyler is going stir crazy. Angela's growing more malcontentish and says everything Brett does annoys her and they're all really ramping up the bashing of Sam. Sam made some kind of comment about Angela's facial hair so now she sounds like she has a vendetta to make Sam and Haleigh fight. I believe she threw out the idea of killing Sam's pet spider and blaming it on Haleigh.

This could just be the Paul-esque painting of new targets and the product of no game being played so it turns petty. But really I think we've established Angela's kind of mean.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 5, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For those still caring some drama and a possible vote flip seems to be happening in real time.

I'm not watching but the impression I get from the update sites is Brett's being a dick and said something insulting/gross to Haleigh and Angela. Haleigh retaliated by spraying him with water. Brett then joked about voting her out. Angela and Kaycee immediately said that was too far and Haleigh walked away and cried a bit. The girls told Haleigh Brett was an rear end in a top hat and should apologize but JC and Sam were working Brett up into an angry fervor of the "why does everyone always think I'm an rear end in a top hat?" variety.

My guess is this goes a bit deeper and to Brett and JC getting nervous about LvT and Haleigh clinging to them. JC's been in Brett's ear a lot the last couple of weeks and Brett's always been pissy when he wasnt messing with people and get seems to be realizing he's the odd man out in Level Four. Now he's talking about voting Haleigh out to show her and keeping Scottie. Sam is naturally on board because she's always hated Haleigh (and vice versa) and JC is playing along (although that would be really stupid since Scottie is gunning for him and JC knows that, but he's been making a habit of stupid moves lately).

It could happen because Tyler seemed to prefer Haleigh gone early in the week. That may have changed as Haleigh has become a subservient hanger on but Tyler's never been one for letting go of stuff. I'm not sure I care. Haleigh is slightly more likely to go after Tyler but Scottie is more of a comp threat. But I think both will probably target JC next week and then get targeted the next so I think it's academic.

And yes, either way it looks like they're blindsiding yet another juror. Geniuses.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No flip. JC tried to get Tyler on board and Tyler fillibustered JCs filibustering. Brett went down much easier to Kaycee and Angela. That basically went "I want Haleigh out."/"Scottie has to go first."/"Ok.". Scottie didn't do anything to help his case. Haleigh ran transparent interference as usual. It seems pretty well dead. Everyone continues to act against their best interests including Tyler (who should probably want Haleigh out over Scottie, but JC should probably want Scottie out over Haleigh).

Now Tyler and Angela are rubbing on each other while talking trash reminding me why I haven't been watching.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I haven't even watched the show in a week and a half, much less any feeds.

This season started off so well, too :(

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I was surprised that they actually showed Scottie and Heyligh discussing voting as a block

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

With the way things are shaking up "Tyler vs The Jury" is shaping up to be the only/main story. That and "Do Tyler's F2s ever figure out he's lying to them or care?". But I'm not banking on that.

It's weird too because Tyler has played the best game and is clearly the production favorite. But he's so much the center of the game that the only drama that exists is whether or not he gets taken down.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 6, 2018

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Shneak posted:

I haven't watched feeds in like three weeks. It's not that I dislike Tyler but he needs to go to make it interesting again. Also don't say that on Reddit because the hive-mind will downvote anything remotely negative about him and the complete lack of chemistry his non-existent showmance has. I think he's a lot of self-inserts for them.

I had to unfollow the BB subreddit this year. Usually the hive mind picks players I don't love but this year's Tyler worship was too much for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler seems like he's going to be a massively polarizing player for a long time. I think most of us agree he's played the best game of the season and that he's largely an inoffensive character if not a terribly entertaining or interesting one. But he's made a lot of mistakes and benefited from a lot of good fortune and it seems like his fanbase just can't accept that and sees any criticism of him as an attack on his entire game and character.

If Tyler wins the game he's going to have a lot of people calling him one of the greatest players ever. Hell, as of right now he'll probably be called "the greatest" and people will dismiss his one Hacker nomination as irrelevant compared to Derrick's never nominated marker. But I can't see myself ever really buying into that given all the flaws in his game I see. Poor jury management, the F2 mess, isolating himself with Angela the last month, isolating himself with Kaitlyn the first month, getting bailed out by multiple FOUTTE mistakes including but not limited to Rockstar's OTEV performance, Haleigh's mismanagement of her Hacker, Bayleigh's bungling of her power app, and Kaitlyn losing it over jealousy of Haleigh/Fessy. And then there's just all the interference JC has run on his behalf.

But I'll still say he played a good game. But that won't be enough and a lot of people will call me a deluded hater for bringing any of that other stuff up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Level 6 was basically the JV team playing a pee-wee league team in Foutte. Not much to boast about from a lot of angles...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah if Tyler had any real challenges this season I’d be on board but as it stands he hasn’t really had much to overcome, on top of not really keeping his cool on the block. He’s definitely good but no way to measure that against anyone else this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

House is VERY salty about Scottie's speech and antics. Angela is VERY but Haleigh is also laying it on thick per usual. Apparently the non bleeped line he gave was "You can all suck it, except Tyler because you're already getting that Hilton Head." (Hilton Head is the town Angela and Tyler are both from.) He also flipped them all off and said they were "dicking around." Say what you will about Scottie, but he's a character.

Angela: I don't know who's winning the most hated in the Jury House right now. I think it might be a tie.

L4 are very smug about the state of things and winning back-to-back-to-back HOHs. Angela and Brett debate which of them is hated worse in the Jury House. Angela, "Can you imagine how much they hate you, me, and Tyler?" Angela says she didn't even speak to Scottie this week. Brett doesn't think Tyler is hated. He might be trying to paint a target on Tyler but Angela glosses right past it and stays focused on how they feel about her.
Angela is "terrified" of going to Jury. Brett says he's going in "guns ablazing". Brett says he'll just rip into Rockstar in the Jury because he's not in the game or on TV so he'll just let loose. Angela says she needs bodyguards. Angela says they need a post show where they all go at it. Brett says they do have one finale night and Angela is scandalized. Brett says he didn't think there was any "real tension" last season.

Kaycee stressing about how to justify putting Sam up. Brett and Angela say its no problem because Sam knows Haleigh is the target.

Brett and JC speculating that BB will take away Scottie's stipend for his lewd comments. These guys are more than a little up their asses. Angela is very scandalized (in fairness, she's the one who has a reason to be mad). Angela keeps saying she didn't understand the speech. Haleigh says Scottie insulted Julie somehow.

Angela (to Kaycee): Can I sleep upstairs with you one night?! If I'm not a Have Not?!
Angela's been dodging Have Nots all season.

Ok, I'm bored. There's football on.

Edit: Angela feels she's been "slandered" all season. Tyler apparently complained to BB in the DR on her behalf.

I would like to sympathize because it was a slut shaming joke... but we're talking about Ms. "I want to make her cry, she's a loser in life." That makes it tough to take.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 7, 2018

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol this season died out

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't turned on the feeds since that last post. Doesn't seem to be any reason from my brief checkups on update sites. Haven't watched this week's episodes. Was going to watch them today for the live show but meh. Meh to the live show too. I'm not sure what could get my interest back in at this stage. Maybe like a crazy Sam HOH or JC taking a shot at Angela or something. I dunno. Hame just stagnated entirely with one side pagonging the other.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Has it come up among the cast who is a Trump supporter? Did that affect how the house split up into factions? Just curious.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I, like many, have tuned out but I don't really recall Trump/Politics being a major issue in the house. JC is a trump support I know for sure. I'm not sure who the others were, but I am sure there were one or two others. Maybe Sam?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

CancerStick posted:

I, like many, have tuned out but I don't really recall Trump/Politics being a major issue in the house. JC is a trump support I know for sure. I'm not sure who the others were, but I am sure there were one or two others. Maybe Sam?
Winston was... Sam likely.
I don't think anyone else really gives a rip.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Brett was too when around Winston but I'm not sure how much of that was genuine and how much was just playing up to Winston, who is a 100% chud

Brett probably is too but had more sense to not constantly talk about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brett voted for whoever the person he’s talking to voted for because he’s desperate to be really cool.

• Locked thread