Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

He won’t even take any money for materials bc he’s doing a room in his house and apparently his wife hated the tiles he picked out so he just has a bunch on hand he needs to get rid of

My house is something like 30 years old, and just one tile behind my stovetop has weird dark parallel cracks in it. I'd love to replace it but if I could even match the weird tile in the first place a new replacement would stand out like dogs balls. I don't want to have to replace all the tiles for just this one so it does my head in every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Gromit posted:

My house is something like 30 years old, and just one tile behind my stovetop has weird dark parallel cracks in it. I'd love to replace it but if I could even match the weird tile in the first place a new replacement would stand out like dogs balls. I don't want to have to replace all the tiles for just this one so it does my head in every time I see it.

Swap the tile with one from a bottom corner.
(assuming the cracks are cosmetic / in the glaze and not structural)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Dark twisted fantasy is certainly the best album of the 2010s.

I'm really struggling to think of an album that actually "feels" more 2010s than it and having a lot of trouble. There are probably better albums out there and I'm not qualified to make that call but you know how sometimes an album comes out and it dates everything that preceded it for whatever reason? Thats how that album feels to me. I haven't listened to it in ages but its got a real clear vision behind its sound that makes a lot of stuff that came before it feel like a whole different era and a lot of stuff that came after it feel like its leaning on its sonorary vision very hard for inspiration. It doesn't hurt that it literally came out in 2010 specifically and the decade that followed it was going to be a huge one for hip-hop whether it came out or not but I'm certain I'd feel the same way if it came out a few years either side.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Gromit posted:

Be glad you have tiles behind your stove top and not black glass.

my entire kitchen has black glass splashbacks and I gave up attempting to keep them clean before I even had the gas/electricity connected to start cooking.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

putting black glass as a waterproof wall material sounds more insane than releasing a hip hop album with a heavy-duty king crimson sample on it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

oh yeah and album of 2010 is Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My stove is Hella easy the clean

Remove the grate, wipe down with some spray

Put grate bake

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Mum got me an Air fryer for my birthday, any pro tips?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Drint Blasters posted:

Throw it in the bin

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I recommend air frying between 6 and 12 dimsims at once. If you can't fit 12 dim sims in your air fryer:

Airstream Driver posted:

Throw it in the bin

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drint Blasters posted:

I've heard they're good for tempeh and tofu

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Misso and I got one and we are sir fryer curious

Eat to do some frozen chips or party pies for a late night dinner

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

well why not posted:

oh yeah and album of 2010 is Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-geJ9UwG4

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I have to spruik Incredible fried chicken, as pretty incredible as far as Korean fried chicken goes

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Korean fried chicken isn't even the best fried chicken in asia. No wonder the kids call it hell-Joseon these days.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

If NVJ wanted a free pass he should've just arranged to do meth with one of the mods.

:lol:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Drint Blasters posted:

Get a bag of frozen Sweet Potato Chips from ALDI.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Gromit posted:

I dunno, I was making the joke that it is only one day of the year that qualifies as summer.

I had to the UK for a work training course thing (Oracle) in Reading. Just after 9-11-2001. Business Class. All expenses paid.

Cold as gently caress.

I went out for a ciggie break, shivering. The clouds parted and the "sun" came out. I was like gently caress yeah the sun! Warmth.

It's like a dim weak lighbulb.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

light bulb

noun

a glass bulb inserted into a lamp or a socket in a ceiling, which provides light by passing an electric current through a filament or a pocket of inert gas.

"the watchman switched on an electric light bulb"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

ili posted:

Korean fried chicken isn't even the best fried chicken in asia. No wonder the kids call it hell-Joseon these days.

What do you think the best is? I've had some good stuff in Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’ll do no such thing and in fact I’m going there to nominate every song off dark twisted fantasy through a series of vpns to spite you right now

My plot has been truly revealed

Kharnifex posted:

What do you think the best is? I've had some good stuff in Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.

Had some good Viet wings but also Japanese and Malaysian. The ones I had in Singapore were average but surely there's more options than the one hawker I went to

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I feel like all the asian fried chickens have a possibility to be fantastic if they're done well. Like, all good in their own ways if they pull it off just right.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Taiwanese.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I spent like $1000 on eating out last month and it was primarily korean fried chicken

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Dark twisted fantasy is certainly the best album of the 2010s.

I still reckon Random Access Memories was probably up there for best album of 2013, easily in the top 10 for the decade.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Isaac posted:

I spent like $1000 on eating out last month and it was primarily korean fried chicken

Jeez I barely spent that much on weed and fruit trees combined

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im rich now

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tafe keeps asking me for fees but I know for a fact I don't have to pay until I want my certificate so they can wait

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I'll mod. Where do I submit my resume?

Only for this thread tho.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this thread is more about shared communal responsibility than positions of authority

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Gettin roaring on sapporo

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Isaac posted:

Im rich now

How rich? I need new tyres for the ute.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I could use a ride on isaac, I can cut your name into my scrub and take a photo with a drone.

I also need a drone.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'll stop now bc this is giving me flashbacks to my aunt hitting up my dad for money every christmas for surgery for one of her two rottweilers that got into a fight with the other rottweiler. Every year.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I worked out that I have around 16 or 17 days accrued leave and when I finish at work it's the end of the billing period.
Going to fortnightly pay at the new job

Keen as a bean to be CASHED UP. Except rego is due and I gotta move at the end of February so there's that

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ili posted:

How rich? I need new tyres for the ute.

I could buy like.. 80 tyres

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

I worked out that I have around 16 or 17 days accrued leave and when I finish at work it's the end of the billing period.
Going to fortnightly pay at the new job

Keen as a bean to be CASHED UP. Except rego is due and I gotta move at the end of February so there's that

dont forget you get taxed pretty hard on it cos of PAYG bullshit but itll be back at tax time

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Getting at your super is loving amazing

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Aussies and yanks living in harmony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Where's the ya... Oooooooh. :haw: