Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is it true that with Sandow all they do is tell him what character and segment he's playing each week and then tell him to wing it? Maybe he was able to impress higher ups with his improv.

Also I liked Santino, thought he was a good comedy character and a fine wrestler. Glad he's getting out now while he's still healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember when Vince McMahon was ECW champion and he would wear that do-rag? Those were good times.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Interesting note from Jericho's podcast, Jericho said the deal for his return was entirely done with Trips and he didn't talk to Vince at all until he got to the arena on Monday.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

DeathChicken posted:

That time he hit Emma in the arm with it and her arm went dead was the only time that angle was actually funny.

There was a match on Superstars a few years ago where he hit both of Zack Ryder's legs and Ryder sold it by going down like he'd just turned into a paraplegic and it ruled.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Is it true that with Sandow all they do is tell him what character and segment he's playing each week and then tell him to wing it? Maybe he was able to impress higher ups with his improv.
Even though it's easy to view Sandow's niche of "cheap costumed heat -> instant squash" comedy segments as an embarrassment, he's so drat good at them, no one else employed can pull them off and he's taking a minimal exhaustion/injury risk in the process that he's actually in a pretty good mid-card billing while collecting presumably the same paycheck. Besides, I don't think anything could ever be more deeply humiliating that that abortion of a cash-in versus Cena.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There was a match on Superstars a few years ago where he hit both of Zack Ryder's legs and Ryder sold it by going down like he'd just turned into a paraplegic and it ruled.

This is still one of my favorite matches of the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9KH0QYLWI

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

Interesting note from Jericho's podcast, Jericho said the deal for his return was entirely done with Trips and he didn't talk to Vince at all until he got to the arena on Monday.

It was like that for his last return as well.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

It was like that for his last return as well.

His silent protest last time noe makes a lot more sense

lockhq
Feb 26, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

This is still one of my favorite matches of the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9KH0QYLWI

woah the next match on that episode of superstars was Curt Hawkins VS JTG. Which jobber will win? :iiam:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
That's really impressive because I remember when Jericho first came to the WWE in 1999, Triple H hated him and would bury him both on and off TV.

I remember one DX segment where they were talking to a group of homeless guys on the street, and Triple H said, "You guys can't work, you're just like Jericho." And this was before they even had any serious interaction on TV if I remember right. It shows that Triple H has come a long way from the shovel that we remember.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

NienNunb posted:

Remember when Vince McMahon was ECW champion and he would wear that do-rag? Those were good times.

"Wut up G?" - Vince McMahon 2007

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Valeyard posted:

His silent protest last time noe makes a lot more sense

That was 2012 Chris Jericho. You may have mistaken him with 2013 Chris Jericho since he returns once a year.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ThePariah posted:

That was 2012 Chris Jericho. You may have mistaken him with 2013 Chris Jericho since he returns once a year.

Oh yeah last year was the Fandango stuff

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

With this Network preview and the Monday Night War thing, I feel like something cool is going to happen tonight, but who knows.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Valeyard posted:

Oh yeah last year was the Fandango stuff

Yeah he got really pissed at them for Fandango. No chance they'll bury Bray though so

sportsgenius86 posted:

With this Network preview and the Monday Night War thing, I feel like something cool is going to happen tonight, but who knows.

The famous Hogan heel turn Bash at the Beach was July 7, 1996 and they employ Hogan again so who knows.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 7, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

WCW Invasion!!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Was Jericho pissed because he lost and they gave up on Fandango, or was he pissed because they put him with Fandango at all?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

The famous Hogan heel turn Bash at the Beach was July 7, 1996 and they employ Hogan again so who knows.

Cena heel turn. :bahgawd:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
John Cena vs Seth Rollins has been announced as tonight's main event.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

John Cena vs Seth Rollins has been announced as tonight's main event.

Finally, we are going to see the mid match cash in!

(unless this happened already and I forgot)

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 7, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Even though it's easy to view Sandow's niche of "cheap costumed heat -> instant squash" comedy segments as an embarrassment, he's so drat good at them, no one else employed can pull them off and he's taking a minimal exhaustion/injury risk in the process that he's actually in a pretty good mid-card billing while collecting presumably the same paycheck.
Who was the guy who got the gimmick of coming out as a different Legend every week? I remember he actually got somewhat over for it, so of course they stopped doing that and buried him back down until he got released.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Valeyard posted:

This will result in two matches between Rollins and Cena occurring simultaneously. The ref will be placed in a state of quantum entanglement, uncertain as to which match he's in, causing his head to explode.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Valeyard posted:

I would mark the hell out if this happened.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Who was the guy who got the gimmick of coming out as a different Legend every week? I remember he actually got somewhat over for it, so of course they stopped doing that and buried him back down until he got released.

Charlie Haas

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

CapnAndy posted:

Big Show? I'm sure Eugene did the wrestling cosplay gimmick for a while too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Valeyard posted:

The only acceptable outcome for that would be if Dean Ambrose hijacks the briefcase as the referee is handing it over to make it official, so Rollins still technically hasn't cashed it in.

I don't care that it would be the second year running of stolen briefcase story, Ambrose needs to get his mitts on that thing.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Was Jericho pissed because he lost and they gave up on Fandango, or was he pissed because they put him with Fandango at all?

The first thing, I'm pretty sure. Jericho loves putting over new guys.

Edit: nothing they do with the briefcase this year can top Cody Rhodes throwing it into the sea and Damien Sandow diving after it in slow motion

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I want Dean and Seth to beat the crap out of each other in an old school junkyard brawl like this was 1990s WCW and then at the end they realize they've worked out all their problems through violence and mayhem and become best friends again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

paint dry posted:

The first thing, I'm pretty sure. Jericho loves putting over new guys.

Edit: nothing they do with the briefcase this year can top Cody Rhodes throwing it into the sea and Damien Sandow diving after it in slow motion

Didn't he also put over ryback just as we WWE were in the process of killing his push post heel turn?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Awesome Andy posted:

I want Dean and Seth to beat the crap out of each other in an old school junkyard brawl like this was 1990s WCW and then at the end they realize they've worked out all their problems through violence and mayhem and become best friends again.

THAT'S why Roman is still wearing The Shield gear, he's waiting for his bros to hash it out so they can destroy everyone some more. :aaa:

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Aurain posted:

The only acceptable outcome for that would be if Dean Ambrose hijacks the briefcase as the referee is handing it over to make it official, so Rollins still technically hasn't cashed it in.

I don't care that it would be the second year running of stolen briefcase story, Ambrose needs to get his mitts on that thing.

He needs his mitts on it, but only so he can hit Rollins in the head with it.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Big Show? I'm sure Eugene did the wrestling cosplay gimmick for a while too.

Stevie Richards did this too but he dressed up as his opponents. If came out dressed as Bradshaw/Faarooq and he had UPN painted on his chest.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

I know what you are getting at but Triple H IS the V.P. of Talent Relations now. It isn't 1995 anymore and talent don't come to Vince's mansion and sit around with Vince, Pat, Gerald and Bruce. The days of Vince being all seeing and knowing are long gone.

Also there's similar bad blood between Triple H and RVD yet Triple H was the principal person in that deal too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bret Hart is going to be on the show so hopefully Damien comes out as mid 90s HBK

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sprecherscrow posted:

He needs his mitts on it, but only so he can hit Rollins in the head with it.

Only so he can tell the pawn shop owner that it has a famous guy's blood on it, so it puts the price up for it by at least $5.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

rovert posted:

I know what you are getting at but Triple H IS the V.P. of Talent Relations now. It isn't 1995 anymore and talent don't come to Vince's mansion and sit around with Vince, Pat, Gerald and Bruce. The days of Vince being all seeing and knowing are long gone.

Also there's similar bad blood between Triple H and RVD yet Triple H was the principal person in that deal too.
It was weird how RVD specifically referenced the time he injured HHH in a promo the other week. I guess Trips is cool with it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Bret Hart is going to be on the show so hopefully Damien comes out as mid 90s HBK

Only for HHH to send out the Big Show for another impromptu match in the IC Battle Royale for making fun of Shawn.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Uncle Ulty posted:

That's really impressive because I remember when Jericho first came to the WWE in 1999, Triple H hated him and would bury him both on and off TV.

I remember one DX segment where they were talking to a group of homeless guys on the street, and Triple H said, "You guys can't work, you're just like Jericho." And this was before they even had any serious interaction on TV if I remember right. It shows that Triple H has come a long way from the shovel that we remember.

Well he doesn't have to now. Back then guys like Jericho were a huge threat to his spot.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DGib posted:

Charlie Haas
Yeah, him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96NpyO874A
This owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

• Locked thread