Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My EO4 crew is absolutely slaying rear end now. Gale the Nightseeker/Arcanist is whipping poison knives that tick for 700dmg a pop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been thinking about changing my 'tar after ages into a DDS one and wanted Gale but i feel like someone was rocking a gale avatar recently, or maybe i was remembering.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I've been thinking about changing my 'tar after ages into a DDS one and wanted Gale but i feel like someone was rocking a gale avatar recently, or maybe i was remembering.

I had a DDS2 av that's a major spoiler in hindsight but I can't find it due to the hosed up avatar coding change thing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's definitely someone around here with Gale but idk if it's an imp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played some Bit Trip Runner 2 because Runner 3 is coming out in 2 weeks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My EO4 crew is absolutely slaying rear end now. Gale the Nightseeker/Arcanist is whipping poison knives that tick for 700dmg a pop.

I really like the eo4 classes and development, it's so gratifying when a character comes together and starts kicking rear end

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Kicking off Metal Gear July with Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bro... It's April.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

battletech sounds pretty good to me. hoping e3 brings more good mech game news

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kiwami and coffee and chill.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DDS2 and Splatoon.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Darkest Dungeon on Switch chilling today, some XCOM 2 since I've never played it and hormel's Battlemech stream got me in a tactical mood

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat, bobs gorilla marketing really rain a train on this forum.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bro... It's April.

god drat it I can't wait any longer

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Battletech

Its on the path to being boring at the end game but until then Im really enjoying the ride

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really like the eo4 classes and development, it's so gratifying when a character comes together and starts kicking rear end

Link Landy ftw. I wasn't sure how to build my sniper but I'm satisfied with the Bushi subclass. She hits incredibly hard now

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Battletech

Its on the path to being boring at the end game but until then Im really enjoying the ride

how’s the skirmish mode?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Control Volume posted:

Battletech

i was starting to get the same sense but i don't have any 70t+ mechs

the fundamental gameplay is fun as heck, just the strategic layer is getting kinda samey (mech fitting aside) so we'll see

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

currently playing slime rancher though

this game is cute and chill and wonderful :3:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

how’s the skirmish mode?

I havent messed with it at all

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

I played some Bit Trip Runner 2 because Runner 3 is coming out in 2 weeks

Wait wait what

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Every now and then i still think of the superfunk theme from 2

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

battletech sounds pretty good to me. hoping e3 brings more good mech game news

Mechwarrior 5 is being worked on as well

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Wait wait what
Same, I didn't know that was a thing until In Training's post.

I hope it's good, Runner 2 was great but the trailers for the new one look like a kind of weird, loose departure.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Gravity Rush Remastered. I wanna get to the second game before they shut down the servers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Same, I didn't know that was a thing until In Training's post.

I hope it's good, Runner 2 was great but the trailers for the new one look like a kind of weird, loose departure.

as much as i like bit trip and as much as i loved runner 1, i think it had the fundamental failing of having the sync'd music parts not be on your inputs, but rather the instant you clear the obstacle. I understand why this is done, but it means your inputs are like a quarter note behind. I can't remember if runner 2 fixed this because i never played a lot of it, but i hope they can figure out something.

I also wish the generated notes would play some underlying melody rather than being randomized

e: charles martinet's old cartoon serial narrator voice was the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Runner 2 was still reactive rather than rhythmic but I still enjoy the games, they're rather unique and have super snappy level design

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Mario kart 8 deluxe

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Runner 2 was still reactive rather than rhythmic but I still enjoy the games, they're rather unique and have super snappy level design

yeah, all the bit trips are really cool to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

Mechwarrior 5 is being worked on as well

don't get your hopes up, someone bought :pgi: for a reason

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Link Landy ftw. I wasn't sure how to build my sniper but I'm satisfied with the Bushi subclass. She hits incredibly hard now

The classes in that game are so drat good, I remember really enjoying the Arcanist class mechanics. It's cool that status effects are so strong and you can lock down even bosses with binds and confusion and stuff.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Been playing OFF and ive beaten it now, going through the secret ending path rn

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Been playing OFF and ive beaten it now, going through the secret ending path rn

That's a cool game. I've been meaning to finish it for a while

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh
it was a joke ending. guess I'm completely done.

Spoderman posted:

That's a cool game. I've been meaning to finish it for a while

there's a lot to like about it but man it has the absolute most bog standard atb rpg maker combat in history lmao
other than that, i was surprised with how much i ended up liking it, thought it was gonna be much worse.
how far along did you get? it's not a very long game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The RPG Maker OFF is made in literally can't do custom battle systems. What you get is pretty much the extent of what was possible back then. Nowadays you can change a ton of stuff (though people often don't bother regardless)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlG1lDSQ3gI

It's still cool, though, and it's got good music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah I'm very aware, I used to do stuff with previous versions of rpg maker as a kid. I'm actually surprised off could do stuff like the fake out main menu and such