Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As am I.

Comictalk:

Alpha Trion and Optimus were talking recently about that memory issue, was it "information creep?" That could explain why ladybots are a relative unknown to the Geewun Krew, and also why a civil war took six million years to settle, and why all sorts of things are the way they are.

Is there a reason Furman(?) made Transformers not have genders when they had genders in the G1 show (With Ariel/Elita-1, Firestar, Moonracer, and the like)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Furman's weird about that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Same reason Furman made lovely headmasters that got retconned into oblivion and lovely reapers who got retconned into oblivion

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I just had a thought.

WHEN exactly did Brainstorm go back to kill Orion Pax? Because depending on when it was, Pax saved Meagtron's life. If he wasn't there to stop Whirl, the guy would have beaten Pacifist Megs to death and the cons never would have turned violent. But at the same time, it was after Pax's encounter with Megatron that he started challenging functionism as well so for it to end up as widespread as it was, wouldn't have had to kill Pax before their meeting? Which would have resulted in Megatron being killed in prison?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It is shown in issue #34 (we'd presume, anyway). It is long after Rung's experience as a cadet, but before Shockwave suffers his fate.

Well, unless he was allowed to be a senator post-empurata. I don't remember.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Very shortly before Shockwave was empurata'd. Brainstorm v-shoom's out of the briefcase tunnel on the planet Messatine during Megatron's forced labour there. Digging into the continuity at TFWiki, there was a line of dialogue in one of the issues where the Swerve's Bar Crue are regaling Rung with tales of Orion Pax, SUPERCOP, that places Megs on Messatine at the same time as Orion's Matrix Heist. Megatron's already had the snot beat out of him and has started writing propaganda.

So considering the locations of The Big Two, I don't think Brainstorm is trying to kill Optimus Prime. He's got a spacedrive, so we can assume that he WANTED to be on Messatine. Maybe he's trying to galvanize the Decepticon cause by martyring its leader. Clearly, though, it backfires.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rhyno posted:

The first year or so of the IDW run isn't bad but they lost faith in Furman and cut his last arc into a bunch of character one shots so it has a pretty sloppy ending. Then All Hail Megatron starts which you should skip. Then the 30 some issue ongoing which is also not great. Pick up Last Stand of the Wreckers as prior to MTMTE it was the best TF comic ever.

LSOTW is excellent and should be read regardless. Of the Furman run, Stormbringer and Maximum Dinobots are probably his strongest work though I am partial to some of the Spotlights he did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

LSOTW is excellent and should be read regardless. Of the Furman run, Stormbringer and Maximum Dinobots are probably his strongest work though I am partial to some of the Spotlights he did.

I forgot about Stormbringer and will second that.

Dudes. I did it again. Got a Generations Starscream, Classics Prime, Classics Grimlock, Kup, Warpath and Voayager Soundwave. I need an intervention.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Well those are all pretty good toys so I don't see what the problem is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

Well those are all pretty good toys so I don't see what the problem is.

I'm broke is what the problem is. Also broken in the head.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jesus Rhyno, you've gone full plastic crack.

So, just snagged Snarl, finally completing the AoE Dinobots I wanted (p. much everyone but Leader Grims and Deluxe Slash, who I might still pick up later). He's very nice! Maybe not my favorite but certainly up there with Scorn and Slog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Jesus Rhyno, you've gone full plastic crack.

I still need about 10 from Animated and a handful of Classics and Generations and I think I have everything old that I'm after. Thankfully I have everything Armada/Energon/Cybertron that I could ever want except for a Unicron and a Primus.

Edit: I just need to be caught up in time for Combiner Wars.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well went and bought a Jhiaxus today at a local TRU cause he was on sale, almost went with Whirl but I figured I'd be more likely to find him again than Mr Orange would be, also saw the Optimus Two-Pack and was somewhat tempted(cause I've wanted a Classics Prime forever), but at 45 dollars(even if it'd be cheaper due to being on sale) I'm not quite sold on it(although if I joined in on the Secret Santa I'd probably buy it and send the Evasion Prime as my gift)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drrockso20 posted:

(although if I joined in on the Secret Santa I'd probably buy it and send the Evasion Prime as my gift)

The rules clearly state 'no lovely gag gifts'. <:mad:>

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you ordered MP Bumblebee from AE, they are in stock so log into your account and ship that poo poo!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

therealjon_ posted:

If you ordered MP Bumblebee from AE, they are in stock so log into your account and ship that poo poo!
poo poo, I totally forgot I had gotten some way back when I had more liquid funds. Thanks for the heads up, I thought they'd send out a ready to ship notification but I guess they don't do that.

I am so mad that Brainstorm sold out that fast. I hope it comes back in stock during the black friday sale, I want that bastard! Snarl too!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Well went and bought a Jhiaxus today at a local TRU cause he was on sale, almost went with Whirl but I figured I'd be more likely to find him again than Mr Orange would be, also saw the Optimus Two-Pack and was somewhat tempted(cause I've wanted a Classics Prime forever), but at 45 dollars(even if it'd be cheaper due to being on sale) I'm not quite sold on it(although if I joined in on the Secret Santa I'd probably buy it and send the Evasion Prime as my gift)

Would you buy an original Classics Prime (minus the smokestacks gun, which is long-gone) for $30?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

I still need about 10 from Animated and a handful of Classics and Generations and I think I have everything old that I'm after. Thankfully I have everything Armada/Energon/Cybertron that I could ever want except for a Unicron and a Primus.

Edit: I just need to be caught up in time for Combiner Wars.

Get the Generations Unicron with the remolded a G1 head.

You can have the gaze of Orson Wells upon you at all times.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

In Orangeness, how orange is Jihaxus compared to Scoop? Because Scoops pretty orange.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It is impossible to know how orange it is until you have one, find the most orange thing in the house and double it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I found a jhiaxus and it really is no joke just how orange he is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

strangehamster posted:

It is impossible to know how orange it is until you have one, find the most orange thing in the house and double it.
Basically this

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Thew does another 3rd party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7ZT6oWI8k

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Goldskull posted:

In Orangeness, how orange is Jihaxus compared to Scoop? Because Scoops pretty orange.
I have been hoping the Windblade wave would show up in my area while Generations Deluxes are still $10, and I popped into the toy aisle earlier this week to see a single Jhiaxus sitting alone on the pegs. The orange is so orange it is permanently burnt into my memory. When I close my eyes, I can still see that orange, haunting me, peering down at me, mocking me.

I was going to buy him ... but I didn't. I don't know why. Orange.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Cool, I'm gonna get me a Jihaxus order for Xmas, because ORANGE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jihaxus kind of pisses me off. They can retool Armada Starscream into this but they can't retool the current Seeker mold to have a friggin conehead?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

For those who didn't bother with Drift: Empire of Stone, I found a pretty accurate summary of the issue:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Jihaxus kind of pisses me off. They can retool Armada Starscream into this but they can't retool the current Seeker mold to have a friggin conehead?
Which one, the FOC seeker mode? I'm sure they could, but I don't know that enough people would want them to. The mold's okay at best. Plus it would look weird with a conehead, since the head is small and nowhere near the actual nosecone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

Which one, the FOC seeker mode? I'm sure they could, but I don't know that enough people would want them to. The mold's okay at best. Plus it would look weird with a conehead, since the head is small and nowhere near the actual nosecone.

I just want a complete set of Seekers drat it!

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Iced Cocoa posted:

For those who didn't bother with Drift: Empire of Stone, I found a pretty accurate summary of the issue:

This.....this is amazing. I don't even feel the need to buy the comic anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh god, probably the one third party I've been genuinely looking at. He's right too, he's not getting a Masterpiece. Well, not unless Takara do some serious retooling on MP Soundwave. The cartoon head having asymmetrical ears is a bit off though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Brainstorm's back in stock and the freeship10 code also knocks 2 bucks off the price in addition to the free shipping!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Iced Cocoa posted:

This was great.

And honestly, EoS was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Its a bit daft, but Shane has absorbed at least a little of Drift's newer personality and I like how Drift had been beat to poo poo.

Adventures happened!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Invictus posted:

Brainstorm's back in stock and the freeship10 code also knocks 2 bucks off the price in addition to the free shipping!

Sweet, one mysterious blue jet duder incoming!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Cool, thanks! Brainstorm for $19.25 shipped is a sweet deal

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, probably the one third party I've been genuinely looking at. He's right too, he's not getting a Masterpiece. Well, not unless Takara do some serious retooling on MP Soundwave. The cartoon head having asymmetrical ears is a bit off though.

The ears move.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Don't get me wrong here, I love MTMTE and will read it as long as it runs. Best Transformers fiction ever, perhaps.

That said, I do think they're starting to go off the rails just a little with the parallel ship and the time travel and so on. It's all good, but I'd really like the story to get back into a, uh, less 'out there' place for a while, you know? Just the ship banging around space and having adventures.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

GrimGypsy posted:

Don't get me wrong here, I love MTMTE and will read it as long as it runs. Best Transformers fiction ever, perhaps.

That said, I do think they're starting to go off the rails just a little with the parallel ship and the time travel and so on. It's all good, but I'd really like the story to get back into a, uh, less 'out there' place for a while, you know? Just the ship banging around space and having adventures.

I think thats kinda the theme of season 2.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Peter Bazooka posted:

The ears move.

Sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

Son of a bitch, out of stock again. :sigh: