Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

New dota video! GiantBomb West keeps killing it.

Gokucast going on hiatus, here's Brad with this years Dota

im mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I fell off of ASG because I fell behind on the show, is it really on hiatus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mp5 posted:

I fell off of ASG because I fell behind on the show, is it really on hiatus

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1021426388895756289

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they already made it 100 episodes I'm kinda surprised they're just stopping

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

If they already made it 100 episodes I'm kinda surprised they're just stopping

They just got back from E3! New offices! GOTY just around the corner!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They just got back from E3! New offices! GOTY just around the corner!

ANd this couch. yeesh! We need a new couch.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

that dota video was pretty good, similar vibe to a sports game quick look where its 75% making jokes about player and team names

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sounds like they're going to do sonething with Sabat and maybe other guests? I hope they decide to finish Z. Though the Buu saga is honestly a slog at points, even with Kai. Like it's nearly as long as Raditz to the end of Cell.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dang

Well if I remember right Kai was originally planned to only go through the cell saga anyway and Buu got done much later

mp5 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 23, 2018

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i never saw the buu saga in full until I watched Kai a few months ago. i don't know how much they cut out but it wasn't nearly enough. everything that wasn't fighting or gotenks was great but that leaves like 10% left

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Milkman posted:

i never saw the buu saga in full until I watched Kai a few months ago. i don't know how much they cut out but it wasn't nearly enough. everything that wasn't fighting or gotenks was great but that leaves like 10% left

The Gotenks poo poo takes soooooo loving long, oh god. That's always the place where I tap out whenever I try to rewatch Buu, either during the time chamber stuff or right around when Gohan gets murked despite spending half the saga watching him meditate for the Kai boost lmao

I like the Buu saga a lot and it could be loving tight and dope as hell if it were edited by the same team who did the first half of Kai. There's just so much fluff in the fighting episodes that could have been trimmed out. Also depending on which release you have they inexplicably cut like 4 episodes from the beginning so there's a weird jump between Gohan meeting Videl and Gohan and Videl being friends and her learning to fly.

At least the opening theme is baller as gently caress and way beter than the first half of Kai's was I guess ??

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The buu saga sucks and kid buu sux

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

The buu saga sucks and kid buu sux

Fat Buu is awesome.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fat Buu is awesome and I like buff Buu til being subjected to approx 1000 episodes of him and Gotenks being annoying as gently caress while they fight eachother.

The Buu Saga is good but tedious. It had the potential to be super dope af if Toei even bothered actually editing it down like they did with Kai part one, but lol that would have required effort on their part

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

all the fusion crap nevers pay off and always reminded me of sonic tier fanboy poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"It was a hologram." -DBZ after the Cell Games

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it pays off in the comedy of watching piccolo get more and more disgruntled having to learn the dance to teach the boys after Goku's 24 hours run out

but yeah fusions in general are dumb and the only time I've legit enjoyed them are when it's Vegito b/c putting Goku and Vegeta together is just hilarious, also Vegito looks cool and he got to go blue in Super

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the real dragon balls are the friends we made along the way

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

every fusion guy gets his rear end kicked by buu instantly, it's such a waste of time even for anime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'd be happy if they did some other show for all systems as long as they still enjoyed it as much.

If they get grumbly I bet it would get boring real fast.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

One Punch Man is the obvious choice but I also didn't listen to ASG so I don't really care

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I remember watching Toonami and seeing the timeskip and World Martial Arts stuff after Cell Games and thinking that this would be a comfy final arc where everyone lives happily ever after Goku and Vegeta finally fight 1v1 again while everyone watches them, and being really disappointed that that’s not what happened.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember watching the buu arc in repeats for 3 years on toonami

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
theyre gonna do buu

"There are some scheduling conflicts and stuff coming up over the next little bit, so with this being a big, major conclusion point for the show before it veers off into the next thing and some stuff coming up that’d force us to miss a bunch of weeks anyway, this seemed like the smart place to stop and think about a bonus episode or two before getting back into the weekly show."

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
also buu saga mostly sucks but the great saiyaman eps are the best part of the show

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

As long as they get to super I’ll be real happy. That show has the best filler eps

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you know what they say, chill when the irons hot

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

absolutely anything posted:

also buu saga mostly sucks but the great saiyaman eps are the best part of the show

Sadly most of that is missing from Kai, depending on which release they use.

Fluffdaddy posted:

As long as they get to super I’ll be real happy. That show has the best filler eps

:yeah:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All the fun stuff people remember isn't in Kai. I kinda hate that they don't get to hear the old dub it really helped some scenes like the Final Flash they glossed over

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mondo
cool

I think overall Kai is a better product but I probably have way more great memories of the original dub(s, since I had the Ocean dub for most of my childhood viewing) and its ridiculous filler comedy stuff, or just general fleshing out of characters the show could do to expand Tori's stuff.

I don't miss all the filler in fights tho that's for fuckin sure

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was walking around the supermarket whilst listening and cackling like a madman at Jeff's Hulk Hogan/Mr Satan impression.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I logged on for the first time in ?????? and apparently they started doing a God Hand series

I don't see Jeff so I probably already know the answer to this but is it worth a watch?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mp5 posted:

I logged on for the first time in ?????? and apparently they started doing a God Hand series

I don't see Jeff so I probably already know the answer to this but is it worth a watch?

Nobody here wants to talk to you about Giant Bomb.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1024320838030557184

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That’s almost enough to make me consider getting premium again. They should do more long-play series.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

They both seem really excited to be doing it in the video. A++ content

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yah other than the bad feature name this is good so far. Vinny is a big ol nerd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat good image but I dont know if I can watch these. Vinny ftw of course but good lord ME is boring.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

We regret to inform you that rear end Alex is hencewhilst cancelled due to ppl with furry avatars on twitter speaking out about the lack of Depression Quest mods/skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

We regret to inform you that rear end Alex is hencewhilst cancelled due to ppl with furry avatars on twitter speaking out about the lack of Depression Quest mods/skins.