Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This is just an ARG for Let's Go To Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Android Blues posted:

I'm cracking up this is so god drat on point and it's too much

he stopped playing a cooking game and something life-ruining emerged on his social media

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

atomicthumbs posted:

he stopped playing a cooking game and something life-ruining emerged on his social media

oh my god this actually works you beautiful monster

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

atomicthumbs posted:

wooooow

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

well, actually,

If you think about it he got taken down by a "well actually" tweet lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I wish that just one of the Cool Games that Griffin and I created would become real

*rubs monkey paw*

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

So one of the women who posted logs is already getting a bunch of hate in her inbox and set her account to private.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

atomicthumbs posted:

So if this is a roguelike, nick will wake up as his 14 year old self with a giant cheeto and have to start over again

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

dogg there's like a whole ogre farm of layers of stupidity with whatever this is that you're doing, but that yer citing something from 1992 that was explicitly superceded by what i linked is a delicate tone worth mentioning

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

dogg there's like a whole ogre farm of layers of stupidity with whatever this is that you're doing, but that yer citing something from 1992 that was explicitly superceded by what i linked is a delicate tone worth mentioning

Sorry to interrupt, but I need to know the origin of the phrase "whole ogre farm"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Sorry to interrupt, but I need to know the origin of the phrase "whole ogre farm"

...Shrek?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

holy poo poo

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

no... no... Oh my God, this is just

I'm seriously alight with giggles how is this what really happened

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Twitter is and continues to be a mistake.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

PetraCore posted:

Also I am positive that right now the people who admitted to sending him nudes are getting deluged with angry dudebros calling them whores, so.

I slid my dick into Nick's DMs unsolicited and I haven't had this happen to me or been fired. :shrug:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
nick shouldn't have done the things he did but on the other hand i'm glad he did them in the most embarrassingly dorky way possible

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Android Blues posted:

So one of the women who posted logs is already getting a bunch of hate in her inbox and set her account to private.

i hate the internet

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Android Blues posted:

But I don't understand, if he really did harass all these women why haven't they posted receipts?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The receipts were only ever going to be for people to use as rationalizations and "oh, was that all?"

People are free to post them should they want, but no one was entitled to them.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I wish that just one of the Cool Games that Griffin and I created would become real

*rubs monkey paw*

"'Cook, Served, Disgusting!'?"

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

mormonpartyboat posted:

What you linked defined the term for the purposes of that particular directive. It's pretty common practice for legislation and contracts to define the terms they go on to use, it basically just ensures everyone's on the same page. It doesn't redefine the terms themselves as far as EU law goes, or "explicitly supercede" the established code of practice just because it came later.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Which CGI does the Social Permadeath thing come up? I don't think I ever listened to it, and I kinda wanna at least check out that part.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who the gently caress cares about some statute?

Unsolicited and unwanted sexual advances is harassment. If you are going "actually if you look here in section 4 subsection b you'll see that..." there's something wrong with you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Which CGI does the Social Permadeath thing come up? I don't think I ever listened to it, and I kinda wanna at least check out that part.

It's really early, like episode 2 or 3

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

atomicthumbs posted:

:pusheen:

oh my god

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Awesomesaurus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY8p6HxAKuM

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Only 90s kids will remember when the worst part of this thread was people concerned that Griffin plays dungeons and dragons wrong

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

why is it called receipts and not proof i dont understand because im old

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

why is it called receipts and not proof i dont understand because im old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkU19uj8GqQ

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's just slang, as in, "I can't accept [this] if you don't have the receipt". It's from AAVE.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Unsolicited and unwanted sexual advances is harassment. If you are going "actually if you look here in section 4 subsection b you'll see that..." there's something wrong with you.

💯

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Oh huh, I had no idea it was from that Whitney Houston interview originally. Wild, I have learned something today.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
my friend who listens to 3 mcelroy podcasts has never heard of nick robinson (i personally only watched like 2 polygon videos he was in in the past), it wouldnt surprise me if thats so for the majority of their audience. so i doubt that it will have much repercussion for the boys unless it somehow comes out they knew

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Al Borland Corp. posted:

the poster who linked statutes to begin with, I think.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's more to it than just the peculiarities of the law. Having been on the receiving end of both in the past, I think there's a pretty big qualitative difference in the kind of person who makes a sexual advance they incorrectly think is welcome and the kind of person who makes one when they have already been rebuffed and know it's not. And as far as I understood it, the latter makes you a sexual harasser, the former doesn't.

The fact that the former was apparently a repeated pattern of behaviour for Nick is worrying and disappointing and seems to have resulted in a lot of people getting hurt, and he definitely sounds like he should do some reflecting on his actions, but I mean, Jesus, the reason I opened this thread to begin with was because from the way people were cryptically talking on twitter I thought he'd raped someone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's the problem, creeps tend to always think their sexual advances are welcome. You don't get one free "show me your tits" until someone replies "don't ask me that plz"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Nick projected a persona where he was super wholesome, gentle and sweet, especially in his work with Griffin. People are understandably more disappointed that this guy is a skeezeball than they might have otherwise been because they'd bought into that persona, and I don't blame them for doing so since he projected it pretty hard.

I'm at least comfortable saying his behaviour is creepy and exploitative, and reminds me of a rock star collecting groupies. Time will tell if it goes deeper/wider than this and with the intimation that women in the industry are involved I'd be surprised if it didn't get worse from here.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I would make fun of bryter for searching for this thread to argue with strangers about sexual harrassment but well my post history

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Nick projected a persona where he was super wholesome, gentle and sweet, especially in his work with Griffin.

Ehhh. That's pretty debateable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Monicro posted:

I would make fun of bryter for searching for this thread to argue with strangers about sexual harrassment but well my post history

I searched for this thread to work out what the gently caress was going on and asked a question about what Nick was being accused of and, well, this was not my definition of an evening well spent, christ