Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Feigl‐Ding could be* as “wrong” and “alarmist” as the liberals claim, and he would still be leagues above Chise & company because he uses his platform for stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1475686026303709187

*He’s not.
lol nonsense
science says
open ur up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Is Taiwan any easier to immigrate to than China? I think I’ve crack pinged my last and I don’t see how I can stay in America another year without dying. Like gently caress it spending all my money to move and then getting some dire dead end job seems preferable.

One of my friends has been in Taiwan for years now. He started with a Learn Chinese program the government ran and has stayed there as a law office clerk. It might be tighter now but it used to be pretty open.

Occasionally we get into fights because he starts whining about things not being perfect in his functional state and I get on about how every moment in the US is pointless horror.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

my mental health is at an all time low because I am watching not just everyone in the nation but also everyone in my life psychotically ignore the most obvious massive catastrophe in living memory. it gets worse every day and a million people are dead and millions more are permanently disabled. a year and a half ago we were like “if we don’t slow the spread the hospitals will be overrun and people will die of common treatable emergencies for awhile” and now everyone is just like yup the winter is death time. don’t get sick in the winter, with anything, because you’ll die.

but no I’m sure it’s because a few restaurants I liked closed, that’s why I’m sad.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Shiroc posted:

One of my friends has been in Taiwan for years now. He started with a Learn Chinese program the government ran and has stayed there as a law office clerk. It might be tighter now but it used to be pretty open.

Occasionally we get into fights because he starts whining about things not being perfect in his functional state and I get on about how every moment in the US is pointless horror.

Taiwan is doing better than Australia or New Zealand, right? If you could find out what that program was and pm me any info I’d greatly appreciate it

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Platystemon posted:

Feigl‐Ding could be* as “wrong” and “alarmist” as the liberals claim, and he would still be leagues above Chise & company because he uses his platform for stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1475686026303709187

*He’s not.

Schools open next week, crackle-ping

Reading about SeaTac and that had to be a mass super spreader event the last two days. Hundreds of flights cancelled, the airport packed with people, people sitting on planes waiting to get out, and probably terrible mask compliance.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Going back to work 5 days after being infected and no follow up test

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
In Taiwan, the bureaucrats and procedures can be kind of onerous and dumb.

In the United States, all power is held between two sets of genocidal fascists and the biggest difference is if they have specific animus towards me existing.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
well I hope Honolulu mayor blangiardi’s risky plan to do nothing and watch cases explode out of control but hope it doesn’t turn into hospitalizations works, because we are already suffering nursing shortages and need an extra thousand travel nurse, but they won’t be here for at least another two weeks. hospitalizations have already tripled this week though so I’m sure he will realize he made a huge mistake and is dooming thousands of people to death any day now…

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I managed to track this down and it's just a dude weaving a tall tale about super-tuberculosis

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/d8ruwd/i_work_in_a_biosafety_level_3_laboratory/

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Taiwan is doing better than Australia or New Zealand, right? If you could find out what that program was and pm me any info I’d greatly appreciate it

I'll see if I can get any details from him. Taiwan has still been doing better but I think they are planning to join the failed states next year.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Shiroc posted:

I'll see if I can get any details from him. Taiwan has still been doing better but I think they are planning to join the failed states next year.

Thanks.
And I mean realistically is there any way they could be as bad as NYC is going to be soon?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Thanks.
And I mean realistically is there any way they could be as bad as NYC is going to be soon?

I mean, short term, probably not.

And if anywhere is actually going to be liberated by President Xi, its going to be there, not the failed plaguelands of America.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Platystemon posted:

Here’s some guy from Kentucky discovering that China knows how to handle SARS and its ilk. It’s a medium long thread. I’m just embedding some choice moments.

The man himself seems to be confused about the nature of the virus, e.g. seemingly unaware that speaking and even breathing produce infectious ærosols, but he’s got the spirit.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404784827912630284

Pshh, LIE-man? The Chinese aren't even trying to hide their plants.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1475614249766559748?t=NkAI3N8Uas0yFewuGm5TWg&s=19

He literally says too many people are out sick to keep the "economy" going.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Stereotype posted:

but no I’m sure it’s because a few restaurants I liked closed, that’s why I’m sad.

I mean, I am tilted as poo poo, even entering 2022, that one of my favorite sushi places apparently got hammered with lease payments the entire time they were forced to fully close in 2020 and the owner was forced to default. There's other places to get soosh local (it's the loving Portland OR metro) but thinking about the nasty letters that lady must've gotten (edit: one got taped up to the loving window of the place when it was seized) while being unable to earn a cent and getting no assistance at all from the government burns me like a brand to my head.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

I mean, I am tilted as poo poo, even entering 2022, that one of my favorite sushi places apparently got hammered with lease payments the entire time they were forced to fully close in 2020 and the owner was forced to default. There's other places to get soosh local (it's the loving Portland OR metro) but thinking about the nasty letters that lady must've gotten while being unable to earn a cent and getting no assistance at all from the government burns me like a brand to my head.

yeah every restaurant that closed is directly the fault of a landlord. they’re trying real hard to convince everyone that it was the wicked introvert lockdown boogeyman who hates parties and loves staying inside, and are mostly succeeding because Americans are easily manipulated rubes, but it is the fault of landlords.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

703 posted:

oh my god! He admit it

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1475614249766559748?t=NkAI3N8Uas0yFewuGm5TWg&s=19

He literally says too many people are out sick to keep the "economy" going.

:lol:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

triple sulk posted:

quote this post if you didn't vote for joe biden

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Here’s some guy from Kentucky discovering that China knows how to handle SARS and its ilk. It’s a medium long thread. I’m just embedding some choice moments.

The man himself seems to be confused about the nature of the virus, e.g. seemingly unaware that speaking and even breathing produce infectious ærosols, but he’s got the spirit.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404784827912630284
https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404785520597778432
https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404786315791581188
https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404788991728263168
https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1404789484768608259

end of his thread is cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I remember going on that same journey of discovery like last year or whatever. very obvious stuff.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

triple sulk posted:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
They say IFCS in planes is so advanced that planes these days can fly themselves! So, um, hoping that’s true.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I told my family that I booster bandit'd #4 and they all collectively lost their poo poo because I am not a doctor. It was in the same conversation with my mom telling me her friends entire family is sick and have died this week while also my sister saying her doctor told her that unvaxxed kids covid is NBD so they need to be socializing.

Good loving luck trying to convince anyone that the CDC isn't just a total loving beacon of being on top of poo poo.

I figured you guys probably know this off the top of your head but can you goons rattle off some bullshit CDC guidelines that are currently active that fly in the face of everything sane and rational.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Platystemon posted:

I present “The Journey of Virosols”, a production of the functional state of Taiwan.

Thank you for this. I've learned more from these cartoons in 5 minutes than any American so-called "expert" in the last 2 years.

Droplets are so heavy and dumb

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh poo poo we got over 10k for the first time?! :coronatoot:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1475691350247022594?t=0UB_mg_NzzCPYu6ddUuekw&s=19

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Petanque posted:

Every candidate or position I've voted for has lost--that's okay, I'll still keep voting for that garbage.

Here in Australia voting is compulsory but we also have a preferential voting / parliamentary system which means that independent candidates occasionally get elected to the federal parliament and sometimes hold the balance of power if voting is close and they can strike deals and push through changes that the two major parties would prefer to avoid. In principal that means that we should be able to get progressive candidates into fed government (especially with the Greens party having such a large presence in Australia) but the reality of the situation is that we usually end up with weirdos from minor alt-right parties holding the balance of power on the federal crossbench. :sweatdrop:

Our current ruling party is actually a coalition formed by the minority conservative government (which includes a core group of far right assholes who they have to constantly placate) joined by the "farmers/regional voters" National Party who are all crazy rear end in a top hat racists, and the balance of power is often held by politicians who had to join minor parties because they were too crazy and racist to be let into those other parties.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

the situation in australia seems bad

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They say IFCS in planes is so advanced that planes these days can fly themselves! So, um, hoping that’s true.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Sphyre posted:

the situation in australia seems bad

Perth got back down to zero covid today

sorry everyone else we declaring independence

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

11 thousand coronaridoos?!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey covid! suck my dick!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Has this crackping been posted?

https://twitter.com/kprather88/status/1475688043851878401

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lol they can't rapid test moron, because they are positive but we need them go to back to work.

It's not a bug it's literally the goal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MadJackal posted:

I'm not in favor of forever ceding our collective decision on indoor seating constraints, social distancing and mask mandates based on the interests of a willfully ignorant minority intentionally passing by multiple potential vaccination opportunities per day. They'll develop their antibodies one way or another.

And I don't think we'll see another wildfire disaster like March and April in NYC again. We've got the testing infrastructure in place, we've ironed out inpatient treatment guidelines and frankly, COVID already burned through the vast majority of people who were most susceptible to it.

All we can do is keep offering the vaccine and any boosters to everyone who wants it. Encourage major corporations to make the vaccine mandatory too. If you made every home health aid and CNA be required to get vaccinated like we do for MMR, you'd hit a lot of the remaining holders-out in the medical field for example.

Never again.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

triple sulk posted:

captain amab
Jan 26, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I mean poo poo lady you could make them take an RT-PCR and they'd still be frog-marched back to work regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
class tensions stay sharpening tho