Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

remember when obama campaigned for and endorsed lieberman over his progressive primary challenger

lol

Yeah Obama enjoyed getting egg on his face when it came to dealing with lefties. Decent President, but ultimately people are smugly proud he made only himself a winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nothing 👏matters 👏 trump 👏 click

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

teacher_man posted:

yep I was cooking sausage for spaghetti and someone saw me squirt in Sriracaha and freaked out.

"Oh no its going to taste asian now!!!!"

Siracha is probably the most American sauce ever though :patriot:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Agean90 posted:

there was no evidence that trump would become president and yet look where we are. looking to history for examples is all well and good, but it is not and end all for whether something is possible or not.

This is some impressive hand waving to a point you don't like.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Clinton Watts is killing this hearing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's like in chess: First, you strategically position your pieces and when the timing is right you strike. They're using this signal to syncronize their efforts and in 5 hours the countdown will be over.
                                                                                                        /

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

angerbeet posted:

Clinton Watts is killing this hearing

clintons are historically really good at congressional hearings

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Agean90 posted:

there was no evidence that trump would become president and yet look where we are. looking to history for examples is all well and good, but it is not the end all for whether something is possible or not.

There was a lot of evidence Trump would become president. It was just dismissed.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

This is some impressive hand waving to a point you don't like.

here, let me present my evidence *pulls out 9 inch plaster cast of my dick*

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i went to meditate in a sensory deprivation chaber once that, instead of salt water, used ranch as the suspension fluid. i couldn't concentrate because no matter how hard i tried to clear my mind, all i could see and hear was alan jackson

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Imagine all the butt gig jokes that would come out of a buttgieg presidency

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
sing it roy

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Ranch soup

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

the most common thing i hear is that a phd does not actually open up new career options in most circumstances, and therefore even if the student had to pay for the full cost of their master's, they would have been better off just doing that because they could earn six figures, pay off the loans, stash the remainder, and have a stronger overall resume.

the main time this has not been the case was when my friend's wife went for an MD PhD, which legitimately opened up options to get into high biomedical research and was only compensated if she got both.

Depends what you want to do, and also having a PhD can be a shortcut to a higher job tier. For "important" research you need a PhD; ExxonMobil has a facility around here and I know several people with PhDs who work there, but me and my MS probably won't be qualified for their positions for a while. Meanwhile when I worked in a food chemistry lab only one or two people in the company had PhDs, and one of them was our research director.

Big thing that a PhD signals to employers is that you can conduct independent research projects and see them through. The most important things I learned in grad school (or at least the ones I remember the most) aren't science-based.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/30/technology/twitter-removes-handles-in-replies/index.html

More space for Trump to tweet about things!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You're afraid to dive into the plasma pool, aren't you? You're afraid to be destroyed and recreated, aren't you? I'll bet you think that you woke me up about the flesh, don't you? But you only know society's straight line about the flesh. You can't penetrate beyond society's sick, gray, fear of the flesh. Drink deep, or taste not, the plasma spring! Y'see what I'm saying? And I'm not just talking about sex and penetration. I'm talking about penetration beyond the veil of the flesh! A deep penetrating dive into the plasma pool!
                                                                                                        /

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

I've seen busloads and busloads I can't cite the busloads but I know I've seen it, on television. I live across the street from the polling place. Busloads.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Roy Godson takes a long time to say nothing. The man can waffle like no one else. It's funny every time a senator cuts him off for being longwinded.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The 2018 budget proposal submitted to Congress by the White House on Thursday would cut funds to the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) and the U.S. Economic Development Administration. The Washington-based organizations are charged with diversifying the economies of states like West Virginia and Kentucky to help them recover from coal’s decline.

The proposed cuts would save the federal government $340 million and come as the Republican president seeks to slash a wide array of federal programs and regulations to make way for increased military spending.

But they are perceived by some in Appalachia as a betrayal of his promises to help coal miners.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Joementum posted:

So they are targeting propaganda at the US during business hours for the Eastern time zone. Very clever, Vlad!!

i can't tell if you're trying to downplay the issue or admitting that trump is on twitter all day long

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

The gently caress do you do with "family planning" funds if you're not giving it to Planned Parenthood.

I know there's a depressing answer, please humor me.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/847267661629214721

https://twitter.com/mermatriarch/status/847435333566201856

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

It's like in chess: First, you strategically position your pieces and when the timing is right you strike. They're using this signal to syncronize their efforts and in 5 hours the countdown will be over.
                                                                                                        /

lol

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Iron Crowned posted:

I can find it easy in Ohio, it's only the basic version though, the other flavors I haven't located here

try north market in cbus next time you're in the area, they have a hot sauce area with a bunch of different sauces, might have what you're looking for

Addamere posted:

nothing 👏matters 👏 trump 👏 click

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venuz Patrol posted:

i can't tell if you're trying to downplay the issue or admitting that trump is on twitter all day long

"who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never log off" ~ Trump

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

that's an odd euphemism for jackin it imo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What spawned this series of dumb tweets?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Addamere posted:

cuckfear

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thanks matt, when did your wife find out you were cheating

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Addamere posted:

Mike Pence calls his wife "mother" and never eats alone with other women.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bump_fn posted:

cuckfear

[as ricky ricardo] baloogan, you gotta lotta 'splaining to do!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

that's an odd euphemism for jackin it imo

trump: "spill your secrets all over, pooty"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tomato rice ranch soup

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mike pence sounds like a weirdo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

murked by dragon posted:

my man have you tried ranch

ranch mixed with ketchup

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this clint watts guy isn't coming across like a big fan of tromp

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Venuz Patrol posted:

ever since the russia stuff started gaining tract joementum has been consistently trying to ridicule/downplay putin's interference on the election and influence or relationship with trump and his admin.

he's been super consistent on this

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 30, 2017

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

same 4 trump except he calls melania daughter

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

Okay. That's kind of weird, but whatever. And now people are bandwagoning about that because there hasn't been a spicy Trump tweet? haha this time line owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Addamere posted:

Pence won't be alone in a room with any woman other than his wife for fear of godless adultery

• Locked thread