Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

sebmojo posted:

never change, nzd&d thread

Haha "armed defenders squad" is a common mispronunciation, probably because saying "armed defenders" sounds like "armdefenders" which sounds like "armed effenders" and "armed defenders" makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Spiteski posted:

What's that then?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Offenders_Squad

We also have the stg https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Tactics_Group

I used to work at the police college, and every now and then you'd see them around - I watched them all pile into a Toyota van in full gear, it looked absurd and was pretty funny :)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Huh. No way in hell I'd vote for NZF though.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

IMO Labour needs to be where TOP is, TOP should be a bit further to the right, UF should be on the right side of the center line, and NZF needs to be like 25% further South. I don't really know

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Spinoff's My Policies is pretty neat, and it shows how much some parties overlap as well as providing an opportunity to have a gander at what each party has to offer, but it can be a bit time consuming.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
The TVNZ one is weird. It's segmenting in the context of NZ's political spectrum on the economic axis (hence the 'let's reform capitalism' green party being far-left) but then there's a massive gap at the bottom of the social axis?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Maybe the bottom's supposed to represent Westboro-Baptist Church or ISIS levels of regression?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The bottom is where the Conservative Party is but it can't get enough votes to even get represented on the graph.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Though fuckin acronyms are killing me

Man, Mao? UNF.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
If Turei hadn't rolled the dice I think we'd still have Little in charge piloting Labour into the genteel iceberg, so I think it was worth a shot.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

"how likely is your electorate to elect United Future?"

:sigh:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
United Future has lovely ads playing before movies at Reading Cinema, lol.

Also loving lol at the Maori party being economically left on that chart, and the greens being further left than Mana. Mana is the only party that supports actually nationalising certain sectors again.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kathleen fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 20, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I did the poll and I found it interesting that I was asked "how likeable would you rate", but then that translates at the end to how I "rate the leaders". Just because I gave Winston a 7/10 for likeability doesn't mean I think he's a 7/10 leader.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I really want to know on what world NZF is less socially conservative than National.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
A reminder that the Maori party wants to bring back slavery for skilled immigrants

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Somfin posted:

A reminder that the Maori party wants to bring back slavery for skilled immigrants

Well yeah, who the gently caress wants unskilled slaves? What would even be the point?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bye bye dunne

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Dunne has quit.

I wonder if National had asked him to step aside so their candidate can have a crack at Greg O'Connor?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Doesn't really matter if National win the electorate now, it's not going to get them any more seats. I'll be really interested to see what directions Dunne's support shakes out in though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
laters

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Tiso is the funniest person in this entire election

https://twitter.com/gtiso/status/899432302094110720

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Varkk posted:

I wonder if National had asked him to step aside so their candidate can have a crack at Greg O'Connor?

Their candidate just yesterday sent a mailer asking people not to vote for him.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is great.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

im the black dot of pure becoming

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some tradie joker just about T-boned me running a hard red missing me by 200ms. gently caress that guy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Eat poo poo Family First.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ghostlight posted:

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

What have they done now? Is this about them whining about gender neutral bathrooms?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1708/S00391/mps-want-birth-certificates-based-on-feelings-not-biology.htm

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Man, they really are a hateful bunch aren't they?

I think these are the guys who put full page adds in the NZ Herald in the lead up to the vote on Same Sex Marriage,

emminou
May 25, 2006

quote:

Family First has been stripped of its charity status.

The Charities Registration Board said in a decision today the reason was "because it does not advance exclusively charitable purposes".

"The board considers that Family First has a purpose to promote its own particular views about marriage and the traditional family that cannot be determined to be for the public benefit in a way previously accepted as charitable," said chairman Roger Holmes Miller.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no problem male/female/indeterminate on the birth certificate. It's not like you know if the baby is gay or has gender diaspora, just open it to be changed later in life should they transition to some other sex. It's not like you pull out your birth cert as a identifying document past child hood. Hell, let them change the gender on driver license and passport if they don't already.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A Christian lobby group banging on about a lack of scientific evidence :ironicat:

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

oohhboy posted:

I have no problem male/female/indeterminate on the birth certificate. It's not like you know if the baby is gay or has gender diaspora, just open it to be changed later in life should they transition to some other sex. It's not like you pull out your birth cert as a identifying document past child hood. Hell, let them change the gender on driver license and passport if they don't already.
When did the issue become so widespread that we now shouldn't presume a newborn's gender?

gently caress. Me.

It's not the child doing this, it's the parents. That's the problem, not the fact that transgenderism exists. It's incredibly hosed up that now instead of tackling the idea of a child transitioning later in life we're now expected to presume that our child might change their gender from the very moment they're born.

It highlights a pretty drastic shift in how we're meant to think about this.

emminou
May 25, 2006

oohhboy posted:

Hell, let them change the gender on driver license and passport if they don't already.

For anyone who's curious, NZ's had an X gender marker on passports since 2012; you've been able to change your gender marker between F/M since 2009.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

truther posted:

we're now expected to presume that our child might change their gender from the very moment they're born

No one expects you to declare your kids indeterminate gender from birth, don't be hysterical.

Keep in mind that these changes are aimed at saving lives, not forcing people to do things - quite the opposite.

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 21, 2017

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
It shouldn't be controversial to assume a newborns gender is the same as their biological sex.

If youre not old enough to poo poo by yourself then there is a laundry list of things you need to grasp before you move onto your gender identity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Dsmif posted:

What have they done now? Is this about them whining about gender neutral bathrooms?
My comment was about them being ruled uncharitable.

truther posted:

It's not the child doing this, it's the parents. That's the problem, not the fact that transgenderism exists. It's incredibly hosed up that now instead of tackling the idea of a child transitioning later in life we're now expected to presume that our child might change their gender from the very moment they're born.
Despite the prejudicial framing of the topic by Family First, the actual proposal is in regards to loosening the currently very strict rules around changing your birth certificate to match your current identity. It's nothing to do with children at birth, but simply making it so that people transitioning later in life don't need to be submitting medical records of mastectomies and penectomies through the courts in order to get the government record of their identity to match their current identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emminou
May 25, 2006

The Family First thing is about people changing their birth certificate later in life, not parents preemptively deciding their child is trans at birth.

In their own words:

quote:

Family First NZ says that politicians have deemed birth certificates meaningless as a result of a decision by the Government Administration select committee to recommend that birth certificates be based on the choice of the person.

“By choosing your own gender in your birth certificate, the certificates will become an object of unscientific gender ideology and effectively tell medical professionals that they got it wrong at time of birth,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First NZ.

The story they link to is about the government simplifying the process of changing your birth certificate (which you can already do, anyway, it's just a lengthy and expensive process):

quote:

This would mean anyone can change the sex details on their birth certificate based on "self-identification" and by filling out a sex declaration form through Internal Affairs.

• Locked thread