Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the only character ive played is the elf

i like the bow n arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skandranon posted:

I heard it's going to be sick. They got rid of all non-elf characters.

On both sides, I was skeptical when they set it during The Sundering, but it's turned out great.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I do not think Vermintide 2 exists.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has their been any dev input about how loot is going to work?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Skandranon posted:

I heard it's going to be sick. They got rid of all non-elf characters.

Playable orcs (and goblins) please

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Oh poo poo just preordered on steam and got instant access to the closed test. Is that supposed to happen or is it random? Just so I don't go telling everyone to buy it immediately to punch early rats.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
the game is good but you must not tell anyone lest the video game police pay you a visit

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

Oh poo poo just preordered on steam and got instant access to the closed test. Is that supposed to happen or is it random? Just so I don't go telling everyone to buy it immediately to punch early rats.

According to their announcement it is all preorders. The test itself is still under NDA.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Digirat posted:

According to their announcement it is all preorders. The test itself is still under NDA.

Noice.

Looking forward to not talking about punching rats tonight

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Banano posted:

i'll be waiting in the discord if anyone cares to join me

Whats the Vermintide discord.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah everyone that owns the game can play right now. Which is cool.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah everyone that owns the game can play right now. Which is cool.

what like right now right now?

because I hate preordering as a practice, but if I'm a lock for any one game this year its this particular game.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

what like right now right now?

because I hate preordering as a practice, but if I'm a lock for any one game this year its this particular game.

yes, right now right now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just keep in mind that the actual beta where your progress carries over doesn't begin until the 28th. for right now it's just messing around and experiencing the wonderful world of vermintide 2

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Obviously can't say much about it, but I'm mostly happy with the changes to the game. Looking forward to seeing more of it!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

is the beta still just 1 difficulty?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

just keep in mind that the actual beta where your progress carries over doesn't begin until the 28th. for right now it's just messing around and experiencing the wonderful world of vermintide 2

you mean after i get done smacking rats and... uhhh.... dangit we gotta come up with a snappy insulting name for chaos marauders after im done with that, I gotta go back and smack even more rats before the full release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_vjq-KPus&t=6s

Somehow I'll muddle through in the unjust world

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Willie Tomg posted:

you mean after i get done smacking rats and... uhhh.... dangit we gotta come up with a snappy insulting name for chaos marauders
they are football players

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

they are football players
Stinkmen

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They're the jocks who slam the nerd elf in a locker

They're not all bad, in this respect

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're absolutely footballers

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Even if you didn't get an email, restart steam and check your library, there may be a beta waiting for you there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
seriously though what is the Vermintide Discord.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can neither confirm nor deny that I got into the tech test, nor can I definitively say that I am eagerly waiting for it to install so I can kill 100000000 rats, maybe.

Note: I haven't preordered.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

seriously though what is the Vermintide Discord.

here ya go.

rat discord: comes with a free black market of cat pictures

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Willie Tomg posted:

here ya go.

rat discord: comes with a free black market of cat pictures

Thanks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

BLAMBLAM 15 minutes ago
This test is gonna be so full of elitest Warhammer fanboi wnkaers . What happens when they all manage to team together. Is there a battle for dominance to be the top wnkaer?. Where they test each other on lore and speak in fictional warhammer by sigmar blluocks.. Or do they actually recognise the elitest streak in each other then feel at home all playing together, sitting naked in front of their monitors with their rubber swords in hand and telling each other their fantasies of how women do not really appeal to them but would love for each other to dress up as orks and chaos warriors and have mock battles in bed, wrestling and giggling together at how joe public is so lame because they don't know Nurgles birthday

BLAMBLAM 15 minutes ago
..Then dying and rage quitting, only to run to the forums but because they are under the NDA, will just insinuate that they are one of the privaledged few and will forever use this experience as a bow to their string, that they were one of the first players, they were there from before day one, they are the proper fans, not those silly wnkaers who only bought it on the first day of the games release. That they will always know more and be better at the game then everyone else because they played this test.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

so who's up for some rats

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hosed up that you would post my highly confidential opinions here

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Please don't doxx me, BLAMBLAM. It's rude.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digirat posted:

so who's up for some rats

I am.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

wnkaers makes me really angry

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

this, but unironically

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

vermintide is in good hands and i'm happy. there's some mild things i think should be touched on, but, it's a solid followup to the first game

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This game rules

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
After our group of 4 finished divinity 2, we wanted another game so we all got Vermintide 1

I like it but my friends are nuts and alreadypreordered the sequel. So if anyone's on the fence, just know that people like the game and some people obsess over it

lots of fun to play with 4. i always play victor since he hates all his friends

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If my machine stutters on white rat map, how will it hold up on verminitide 2

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Madcosby posted:

After our group of 4 finished divinity 2, we wanted another game so we all got Vermintide 1

I like it but my friends are nuts and alreadypreordered the sequel. So if anyone's on the fence, just know that people like the game and some people obsess over it

lots of fun to play with 4. i always play victor since he hates all his friends
We're all victor in here boyo. He's the default goon character for sure

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

excuse me, i'm a proud career dwarf player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Rapier and Flachion were my overall favorite weapons in the first game, so of course I did a lot of Victor.

• Locked thread